Author Topic: Youyou Kengeki Musou Translation  (Read 33771 times)

MrBigz

• Rael
Re: Youyou Kengeki Musou Translation
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »
Oh, that's okay. I got pretty busy since university started up again anyway. Glad to see you finished it though.  :3

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
I tried the patch, very nice. Although, I'm not used to the fonts you are using.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »
Oh hey, this is finished. Thanks for your hard work! It's nice to be able to play this in english, and, after a cursory look, it seems like you did a pretty great job of it too.

That title graphic though... don't take this the wrong way, but it's really ugly. The colours  clash with the game's style big time and the font choice is really clunky and weird looking; I'd consider giving it a do over, maybe something more along the lines of what MrBigz posted upthread.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:52:10 PM by PapillonReel »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 04:53:47 PM »
That title graphic though... don't take this the wrong way, but it's really ugly. The colours  clash with the game's style big time and the font choice is really clunky and weird looking; I'd consider giving it a do over, maybe something more along the lines of what MrBigz posted upthread.

I mentioned that as well... just can't get used to it.

ed

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 06:25:39 AM »
Yeah, we got a bit carried away on that one heh. I'll schedule it for v1.1, along with a few other issues that people have mentioned so far (better window title being one).

And I gladly accept constructive criticism, so keep it coming if you have more input  :)

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
Yeah, we got a bit carried away on that one heh. I'll schedule it for v1.1, along with a few other issues that people have mentioned so far (better window title being one).

And I gladly accept constructive criticism, so keep it coming if you have more input  :)

I only have issues with the title screen and the loading screen... other than that, dialogs, spell card calls... are good.

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 12:44:59 AM »
Okay that patcher music is really good and I'd really like to know where I can find more from that person.

I think the logo isn't really bad but it's kind of small and leaves a lot of empty space on the title screen that used to be filled. I'd have kept the japanese logo and just added the translation as a subtitle.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
Seems like you forgot to remove the original name of the spellcard (the Japanese, I mean) and put the English translated version over it.

Other than that, pretty good translation, although I'm not too fond of the title graphic, either.

Oh, before I forget: You can't change the resolution in the translated configuration executable.

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »
-nevermind talked to people on the irc, link works again now-
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:37:36 PM by Twistsock »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »
I'm sorry for necroposting, but for Kanako's sake, someone reupload the english patch (and the Autopatcher to v1.2.0) somewhere else because the links that were posted here are giving a 404 Not found error. Please, fix the links.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:48:41 PM by Magic Magica ~★ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥