Author Topic: There is no escape. <3  (Read 63059 times)

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
Re: There is no escape. <3
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2009, 01:11:32 AM »
Hypnosis is fun >_>.

When it works, now I find this hypnotically amusing.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2009, 03:43:17 AM »
Dang, when I played the 53 minute Broken Moon rush, it ended at 28 minutes. If anyone else has listened to it, does this happen to everyone or does life just hate me?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2009, 04:05:04 AM »
Damn it, is so annoying every time I read this topic and still can't seem to understand enough to post something on topic.

I blame it on the donut. >:(

nintendonut888

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2009, 04:06:06 AM »
;_;

I think the thread's as coherent as they've ever been.

Seriously, it's not that hard to follow. From the last time you've posted:

I find super special awesome Broken Moon video. "Ooh"s ensue.

Sudden jump to swine flu.

Ruro's going to prom, brief comments on hypnosis.

shinyjam complains this is hard to follow.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:08:43 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2009, 04:18:16 AM »
Seriously, it's not that hard to follow. From the last time you've posted:

I find super special awesome Broken Moon video. "Ooh"s ensue.

Sudden jump to swine flu.

Thanks for clearing it out, now I know how to post with the reverential on topicness to donut and pastry.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2009, 05:38:40 AM »

Well, Ruro is excellent at being distracting. Almost as good as you.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

nintendonut888

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2009, 06:07:18 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm currently replaying Cave Story. I always forget how good this game is until I play it. Except Grasstown. Grasstown sucks.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2009, 06:09:30 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Wiiware version of Cave Story, although I haven't played the original yet.

I'm lookng forward to hearing about Ruro's prom night. Hopefully, it'll be less drama-filled than my night with my friends, all filled with a need to "BAWWW" at each other.
Oh, and hypnosis sounds interesting... As a psych major, I'd like to hear a first-person account on it.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2009, 06:38:48 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Wiiware version of Cave Story, although I haven't played the original yet.

http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/

^ Here's a great place to get hooked up. Has everything you could ever want or need about/for Cave Story and more. I recommend the Deluxe Package download (it's crammed with all kinds of goodies).

Oh yeah, I'm currently replaying Cave Story. I always forget how good this game is until I play it. Except Grasstown. Grasstown sucks.

Eh, Grasstown's not too bad to me. Now, the Labyrinth, now there's an annoying area -- the first area in particular makes me want to bang my head on the keyboard in RAGE.

. . .

And on the notes of prom and hypnosis,
1) Hope that prom goes well for you, Ruro.
2) And hypnosis is fairly interesting, though researching it seriously is quite the task (it's one of those fields where truth may occasionally mingle with fiction, from what I can see).
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

nintendonut888

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2009, 06:43:22 AM »
Two words sum up my thoughts on Grasstown: Jellyfish. Juice.

Jellyfish Juice.

JELLYFISH JUICE!

JELLYFISH JUICE!!!!!!!!

JELLYFISH JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!1!!!!

So boring...

EDIT: Also, if you're curious about hypnosis, it's very easy to find hypnosis videos on Youtube.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:47:32 AM by nintendonut888 »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2009, 06:54:45 AM »
http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/

Thanks; will investigate tomorrow morning... I need to sleep. We're supposed to get passport pictures taken tomorrow, so I should make an effort to look presentable.

Also, if you're curious about hypnosis, it's very easy to find hypnosis videos on Youtube.

I've seen some before for class, but I'm interesting in hearing it from a source I know won't be a plant in the audience or anything of the sort, as well as directly from someone I (sorta) know. There's just no comparison between someone random talking to a mic and someone trusted talking directly to you, if you know what I mean.

Maid Xan~

« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2009, 06:58:19 AM »
I always forget how good this game is until I play it. Except Grasstown. Grasstown sucks.

Oh come on, Grasstown has awesome music. Also, Balrog. How can it not rock?

HUZZAH!
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

nintendonut888

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »
I've seen some before for class, but I'm interesting in hearing it from a source I know won't be a plant in the audience or anything of the sort, as well as directly from someone I (sorta) know. There's just no comparison between someone random talking to a mic and someone trusted talking directly to you, if you know what I mean.

No, I mean videos that will hypnotize you on Youtube. I understand if you want to hear about it first though. I personally want to hear Ruro's take on it as well. Hypnosis is kinda my secret hobby in case you can't tell.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2009, 07:11:48 AM »
Jellyfish Juice.

Only used once (Chaco's house), twice (Bubbler), three (Charcoal) times. Just get the jelly and take it to get the Bubbler (the fireplace in the Mimiga Village; it actually speeds up the Juice-gaining process, just aim the thing up @ Lv.3 and watch the slaughter), then get it again and use it on Santa's fireplace (Charcoal + Sequence Breaking = Yay), then one last time to go through Chaco's fireplace. From there, take it easy and enjoy the Bal(f)rog. Once you flip on the power, you'll never need Jellyfish Juice to get through Chaco's house again.

Oh come on, Grasstown has awesome music. Also, Balrog. How can it not rock?

HUZZAH!

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Also, anyone heard of the CaveStory Remix Project? The remixes sound awesome, especially Island of Eden (several tunes put together and made more awesome), Never Die (the last boss theme turned into ultimate awesome), Ball of Ballos (kickass remix of Running Hell), Ballrawg (ultra-smooth Balrog's Theme remix)-- what the hell, the WHOLE THING is kickass.

And here is the homepage for it, where you can download the whole thing. HUZZAH!

nintendonut888

« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2009, 07:15:50 AM »
This is my third playthrough, I know how it works...

But you missed one. It's also an ingredient for the explosive. And the big problem is that every time you need it, you have to go to the damn jellyfish, kill it, then go all the way back to where you need to use it. Four times. It's very annoying.

Maid Xan~

« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2009, 07:19:18 AM »
This is my third playthrough, I know how it works...

But you missed one. It's also an ingredient for the explosive. And the big problem is that every time you need it, you have to go to the damn jellyfish, kill it, then go all the way back to where you need to use it. Four times. It's very annoying.

I don't remember ever having to do it four times.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2009, 07:25:15 AM »

Ah, right. Forgot about that. But it's not that hard (or annoying) to me; simply don't bust out the block between you and it and keep firing missiles like a fiend. You don't need 'em for anything else there, so recharging it isn't a big deal.

But no matter how annoying it is, the Bubbler makes that extra trip worth it, doesn't it? Provided you're able to keep it @ Lv.3, that is.

Also, what's everyone's favorite Polar Star substitute (if any; some masochists people apparently go through the game without exchanging it for anything, even the Spur)?

Me, it's a toss-up between the Machine Gun and the Spur. While the Spur IS the end-all weapon (you can keep your Nemesis, the Spur's low-maintenance and kicks ass indiscriminately), the Machine Gun still has that fun little hovering trick. And, after all, there's never such a thing as 'Enuff Dakka', as we all know.

« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2009, 07:44:12 AM »
I actually just recently cleared Hell for the first time with a crap-tacular time of 8:51:XX.
I'd have to say Snake is my favorite because it gets rid of two semi-useless weapons.
Plus ze walls, zey du nufink.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »
I can kill FF1 chaos in one round

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

nintendonut888

« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2009, 08:30:37 AM »
I can kill FF1 chaos in one round

Speaking of which, 8 Bit Theater suddenly got awesome (er).

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2009, 08:33:31 AM »
Speaking of which, 8 Bit Theater suddenly got awesome (er).

If I use FAST I can OHKO Chaos too if I wanted to :V (lol M.Monk unarmed damage)

nintendonut888

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:38 AM »
But can you 1HKO  Black Mage as he is right now? I think he's finally gone and become more than the butt of every joke.

Like I will someday...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2009, 08:39:37 AM »
But can you 1HKO  Black Mage as he is right now? I think he's finally gone and become more than the butt of every joke.

Like I will someday...

do something about it instead of lamenting about it!!!

gao gao

nintendonut888

« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2009, 08:45:07 AM »
The problem is, people can tentacle rape me all they want and I doubt TSO'd raise a hand to that. It's just like in real life honestly...people make exceptions for me.

*siiiiiiiiiiigh*

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
I actually just recently cleared Hell for the first time with a crap-tacular time of 8:51:XX.

You got a better time than me. DAMMIT.

I'd have to say Snake is my favorite because it gets rid of two semi-useless weapons.
Plus ze walls, zey du nufink.

I beg to differ on the 'two' semi-useless weapons. I've found plenty of places [post-Labyrinth included] where the Fireball kicks Mook @$$; it's just not a weapon you'd use on bosses, that's all.

But yeah, the Snake does have its benefits.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:12 AM »
Anytime you like, you can start doing a 3HP run.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2009, 09:57:52 AM »
Anytime you like, you can start doing a 3HP run.

Eh . . . I'll do minimal-weapon challenges ("You have a Polar Star. That's it. Now go through the entire Last Boss, buddy!" "Wut."), unusual-weapon challenges ("BUBBLER VS MONSTER-X GO!" "Wut."), even one-weapon challenges ("Pick the weapon you'd use most in Grasstown." "Fireball." "Now take that through the entire Labyrinth." "WUT.") . . .

. . . but damned if I'll ever do a 3HP run.

And if your point was that 'Snake is better in 3HP runs than Fireball is', then . . . well, I guess that's one more reason for me to not do one; if there's one thing I work well with (when they're intuitive enough -- here's looking at you, Tag Team Racing, and your useless Arcing Weapon Clashes), it's arcing weapons. On top of that, for some reason I just can't quite handle the Snake very well . . . I don't know why, but I can never pull as much out of it as I do the other two tradeoffs (and on top of that, the Fireball has actually saved my ass more than once).

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »
I guess I'm going to use SodiumPeroxide now.

Gpop

« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »
The problem is, people can tentacle rape me all they want and I doubt TSO'd raise a hand to that. It's just like in real life honestly...people make exceptions for me.

*siiiiiiiiiiigh*

I'm pretty much TSO's punching after the things she did to me.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »
Huh, a lot of people appear to act victimized by TSO.

That's strange... when I first joined here I never got any of that...