Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 3 - theshim  (Read 13885 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Ask A Staffer Ep. 3 - theshim
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 07:00:19 AM »
When you play National Mode as a team other than the HVC, do you quietly root for them to win any battles they're in, even ones against you?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 06:40:36 PM »
I'm exactly 3cm and 3kg bigger than you :/
* Skinny brofist
* Skinny brofist
How have you never played a Metal Slug game :<
METAL SLUG X GO GO GO
I have never played many games.  Some of them I find I'm far the better for not having played them. (cough galgun cough)
Which do you prefer: bees, or misery?
Misery.  Bees are like misery and bees at the same time.  Also pain.
When you play National Mode as a team other than the HVC, do you quietly root for them to win any battles they're in, even ones against you?
You'd be surprised how resilient the HVC can be when playing against them on National.  The fact that they have a 260 territory helps, I think.
Will you burn the next guy who asks a stupid question?[
If I did, you'd already be on fire.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:24:51 PM by ♪ TheStupidOne ♫ »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
Who's your favorite youkai race?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 04:24:07 PM »
Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
What has been your favorite account jacking?
How tempting is it to abuse power?
How tempting is it to abuse power in CPMC?
What was the worst crisis this forum had to deal with?
Why am I so bald?
Why am I your favorite?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
ever been... in love?

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 06:04:18 AM »
ever been . . . in love . . . with the same gender ?  :getdown:
nah jk
How did you discover Shrinemaiden / Touhou ?
Hey There !

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:20 AM »
How do you spend your time?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2011, 06:33:38 AM »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 06:46:51 AM »
How exactly could you describe yourself?

How exactly could you describe yourself in one word?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 01:54:28 PM »
are you gonna answer the questions or...
are you afraid?

theshirn

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 06:38:25 PM »
Who's your favorite youkai race?
Dunno that I really have one.  Magicians, I guess.  Anything that isn't a blasted fetishized animal-ears one.
Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
...well played, good sir.
What has been your favorite account jacking?
...nothing really comes to mind?  Guess they haven't stuck with me.  Except Edible's constant insistence that I am a furry, but yeahno.
How tempting is it to abuse power?
Not very.  Occasionally I'll look at a post and be like "I could edit that, heheh" and then I go "yeah, I'm not going to screw around with people".
How tempting is it to abuse power in CPMC?
Really the only place I get said temptation to mess with people's posts is in CPMC.  Maybe once or twice I've edited a topic title, but that's about it.

I'm a boring staffer. :|
What was the worst crisis this forum had to deal with?
Probably the April Fools incident, just judging from the nasty fallout.  I tend to steer clear of forum drama as best I can and rarely get myself involved, if I can avoid it.  I've never been the target of a public callout to my knowledge, and I hope to keep it that way. :V
Why am I so bald?
Because you left your hair in the snowdens of yesteryear.  You should go get it back.
Why am I your favorite?
Because you're so much damn better than me at improv, consistency, and pecking order.  You magnificent bastard.
ever been... in love?
Not...really.  There was one girl...she was awesome...and then she moved halfway around the world, and there went that. :(
ever been . . . in love . . . with the same gender ?  :getdown:
nah jk
Perfectly heterosexual, I'm afraid.
How did you discover Shrinemaiden / Touhou ?
Touhou by virtue of one of Rou's old videos into Kefit's EoSD Extra clear, Shrinemaiden by hanging out briefly on the gamefaqs touhou board until I finally got around to joining, which happened to be the day the newest iteration of the forums came up.
How do you spend your time?
Playing games, hanging out with friends, posting here and going on IRC.  I am a total useless dork. :V

Oh, I guess I'm still going to college full-time too.  Or something.
How do you spend your money?
I don't have any ;_;

What little I have goes to food, the occasional game on Steam, and paying my phone bill, which is highway robbery.  OhgdohgodIneedajob
How exactly could you describe yourself?
Intelligent, sarcastic, prone to shooting down stupid ideas and people, a bit of a loner, random, funny, angry.
How exactly could you describe yourself in one word?
Rage.
are you gonna answer the questions or...
are you afraid?
Well, you're not afraid to ask stupid ones, that's for sure.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
How would you honestly describe yourself in one word?

Gramity

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »
If you had a wish to make what would it be?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 11:31:41 PM »
How much can you bench?

CirnoFan

• I never thought I'd get this chance :O!
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:34 AM »
When do you think Touhou became popular in the west? You know, USA, Europe, Canada, etc.
Previous Usernames: CirnoFan754, CirnoFan, The Scale of Rivalry, The Square of Rivalries, Wikipe-Tan, Car Inferno
Posts: 83/150 What will happen is my YouTube and deviantART account will appear when the # of posts reaches 150.

No, I didn't make it.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 12:34:33 AM »
Every time I talk to you, you always seem pretty chill. How much of your trademarked rage is genuine? Would you say you exaggerate a bit to fit the persona?

Why did you want to kill me in your epic poem?

theshirn

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:06 AM »
How would you honestly describe yourself in one word?
I don't think that can be done.  People are incredibly varied and deep; I pity the person with a one-word description.
If you had a wish to make what would it be?
If it were a wish I could use for something I want instead of something I, or the world, needs, it would probably be to be able to make a solid, fulfilling career as a voice actor.
How much can you bench?
I...have no idea.  Imagine how much a healthy 130 lb 6'2" person can probably bench, and halve it.

I've got noodle arms, I'm afraid.  I'm stronger than I look, but I'm still pretty weak.
When do you think Touhou became popular in the west? You know, USA, Europe, Canada, etc.
It did?  Touhou communities here are pretty damn small and insular.  It's still highly niche.
Every time I talk to you, you always seem pretty chill. How much of your trademarked rage is genuine? Would you say you exaggerate a bit to fit the persona?
Honestly, a large chunk of it is a nod to how I used to be; it's good that I can laugh at things that used to get me horribly worked up.  It's a fun personality to throw around, especially because I know exactly how it works, but I'd like to think people recognize that I'm rarely seriously angry at them.

That, and if there's one extremely valuable lesson I've learned, it's restraint.  Very often I'll type up a post, angry or otherwise stupid, and then I'll stop, take a look at it, and say "no" and erase it.  I try not to talk to people too much when I'm angry, and I especially prefer not to talk to whoever I am angry at, until I've had a chance to calm down so I know it's me talking instead of the anger.  (This doesn't stop me from talking to myself when I'm angry at myself, which happens, but :V)
Why did you want to kill me in your epic poem?
Why'd you get me banned?

Hater.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
If I have a dollar and you had a dollar, Who'd have more money?

Do you have some sorta deep dark history that involves hookers rouge cops and the mafia?

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 01:10:57 AM »
Do you have some sorta deep dark history that involves hookers rouge cops and the mafia?

If this is answered with "no", have you ever met a rouge cop? If so, what shade of red was he or she?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 01:57:15 AM »
"Rouge cops" eh? Is that like the fashion police?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 03:30:38 AM »
Damn straight.
The color red just makes me want to ram into something with my horns.

Because you know, i'm clearly a bull.

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:53 AM »
Ever played Einhander?
How would you expect people to react if all the girls in Touhou changed into planes / ships? How would you react?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
I keep on stealing your shims, what do you plan to do about it?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »
Where/how did you come up with the name "theshim"?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 01:06:02 AM »
What do you think of cyberpunk?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

theshirn

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »
If I have a dollar and you had a dollar, Who'd have more money?
Right now?  Probably you.  I'm almost broke.
Missing some commas there, bro.
If this is answered with "no", have you ever met a rouge cop? If so, what shade of red was he or she?
A quite fetching crimson, deepening into scarlet.  Clashed with the uniform, though.
"Rouge cops" eh? Is that like the fashion police?
No, merely quite red.  Thankfully, I've never had a run-in with the fashion police.  This is likely because I pretty much always weak black pants/coat, and therefore it doesn't really mater what color my shirt is. :V
Damn straight.
The color red just makes me want to ram into something with my horns.

Because you know, i'm clearly a bull.
Y'got half of it, at least.
Ever played Einhander?
I have not!
How would you expect people to react if all the girls in Touhou changed into planes / ships? How would you react?
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I would be all "way to destroy one of the charming points of the series" and play 13 anyway.
I keep on stealing your shims, what do you plan to do about it?
stop running my economy into the ground ;_;

* theshim flails ineffectually at TSO
Where/how did you come up with the name "theshim"?
My name, abbreviated, is Shim.  And I am The Shim.
What do you think of cyberpunk?
Honestly, I never really got a feel for what cyberpunk really is.  It gets tossed around, along with steampunk, but I can't really define them to my satisfaction.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2011, 12:02:36 PM »
That, and if there's one extremely valuable lesson I've learned, it's restraint.  Very often I'll type up a post, angry or otherwise stupid, and then I'll stop, take a look at it, and say "no" and erase it.  I try not to talk to people too much when I'm angry, and I especially prefer not to talk to whoever I am angry at, until I've had a chance to calm down so I know it's me talking instead of the anger.  (This doesn't stop me from talking to myself when I'm angry at myself, which happens, but :V)
Why are we so similar in some points, yet so different in others?

What is your opinion on the idea of rewriting Chim-Chim-Cherree to a song about yourself going "Shim Shimeney, Shim Shimeny, Shim-Shim-Sherree"?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

theshirn

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 04:42:28 AM »
Why are we so similar in some points, yet so different in others?
Honestly, that's how I feel about most people around here.  Unfortunately, I feel more put off by the difference than encouraged by the similarites.  Probably a flaw on my part.
What is your opinion on the idea of rewriting Chim-Chim-Cherree to a song about yourself going "Shim Shimeney, Shim Shimeny, Shim-Shim-Sherree"?
Irritating and I've heard it forty billion times.

Thanks for the questions, people!