Author Topic: TOHO SKY ARENA, Touhou MBA!  (Read 32525 times)

Re: TOHO SKY ARENA, Touhou MBA!
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »
All my matches ending up turning into "Me and enemy fly around in small circle firing bullets at each other while occasionally switching directions."

You play Alice... Her skills seem to be suited for ranged bombardment, so that isn't much of a surprise :P For a more in-the-face offensive game, another character like Reimu or Youmu would be better since they both have skills that are designed to suddenly put them in your face for a gohei / roukanken beating. The way locking on and dashing works in this game makes it hard to break out of that "flying around each other in circles" game for most characters.

Well, I got it to recognize the custom tension files, but for some reason this always happens when I try to play it in game. Here's the text in the file I've been using to test the feature.

//ここから===========================

//曲名を記載
FN : VOYAGE 1969;

//曲のコメントを記載
FC :
Stuff
Stuff
More stuff
EASTERN FAIRY TALE;

//テンション変化ポイントを記載
HT : 36.0;
CT : 46.0;
CF : 48.0;
//ここまで===========================

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Uh.. what's the duration of the wave file that you're using? There might just be too much stuff under FC. I never really got the longer file descriptions to work either, so I just kept it to one line there. Next, no Normal Tension or Low Tension phases? O_O (Look in my post on Youmu on the previous page for the limitations regarding the durations...)

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
Uh.. what's the duration of the wave file that you're using? There might just be too much stuff under FC. I never really got the longer file descriptions to work either, so I just kept it to one line there. Next, no Normal Tension or Low Tension phases? O_O (Look in my post on Youmu on the previous page for the limitations regarding the durations...)

...yeah, I somehow didn't notice the lack of normal/low tension there. I only got this message, though, which I assumed meant that there wasn't a problem because it didn't repeat itself when I started the game. I tried it with another song, though, and it has the same problem.

//曲名を記載
FN : 歪曲奇術第十六番[罪月];

//曲のコメントを記載
FC :
原曲:Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial
作詞:櫻井アンナ/編曲:六弦A助;
ボーカル:櫻井アンナ;
Four Seasons -Spring- Dream of Wonder;

//テンション変化ポイントを記載
LT : 13.0;
NT : 67.0;
HT : 83.0;
NT : 154.0;
HT : 170.0;
CT : 190.0;

This one has a duration of 3:23, which comes out to 203 seconds. I'm pretty sure the balance of HT and CT is right in this one, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »

A couple of things that I've just learnt after tinkering with my own file for a while.

1. The text file needs to be encoded in ANSI, not unicode or UTF-8, otherwise it won't read the title or anything. This means that you're going to lose the japanese characters in the file.
2. For the FN line, you're restricted to 20 characters. For the FC lines, you're restricted to 4 lines of 20 characters each.
3. This is probably what's screwing your file up - the semicolon is to be used after each section, not line.  Try the following instead (note what I did for the FC section after the second and third lines.

//曲名を記載
FN : 歪曲奇術第十六番[罪月];

//曲のコメントを記載
FC :
原曲:Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial
作詞:櫻井アンナ/編曲:六弦A助
ボーカル:櫻井アンナ
Four Seasons -Spring- Dream of Wonder;

//テンション変化ポイントを記載
LT : 13.0;
NT : 67.0;
NT : 154.0;
HT : 170.0;
CT : 190.0;

This is my own one for TAMusic's Mystic Oriental Dream ~ Ancient Temple.

//????===========================

//?????
FN:Ancient Temple;

//?????????
FC:
Ancient Temple
by TAMusic;

//??????????????
LT : 16.0;
NT : 30.0;
HT : 60.0;
NT : 70.0;
NT : 93.0;
HT : 128.5;
NT : 135.0;
CT : 142.0;
CF : 157.0;
LT : 158.0;
NT : 180.5;
LT : 218.0;
NT : 222.5;
LT : 253.5;
HT : 275.5;
CT : 289.0;
NT : 304.0;

//????===========================

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »
Alright, that was my problem. I was saving it as unicode. I got it working now, thanks. Just need to work on tweaking the timing, since the transitions seem to be off by a second or two. Thanks for the help.

Goddamn I love this feature.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »
You play Alice... Her skills seem to be suited for ranged bombardment, so that isn't much of a surprise :P For a more in-the-face offensive game, another character like Reimu or Youmu would be better since they both have skills that are designed to suddenly put them in your face for a gohei / roukanken beating. The way locking on and dashing works in this game makes it hard to break out of that "flying around each other in circles" game for most characters.

The problem with 're-appearing behind the enemy' is that they are also constantly moving, and we lag too much to get an immediate whacking or put up other strategies that rely on timing.   I haven't had a lagless match yet :|

On a side note, I was practicing Alice on a computer earlier(and found a new move which will go forever unused because it requires good timing as well), and when I did my Climax spell I did my usual, and then I fired like 20 more dolls at Reimu during my Climax and I was all "Whuh?"

I did it again with that song, Sky High, but I've been unable to recreate it with any other song.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
You trigger that version when you use your Climax spell on the last 20% of the last Climax portion of the song.

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 01:12:19 AM »
The problem with 're-appearing behind the enemy' is that they are also constantly moving, and we lag too much to get an immediate whacking or put up other strategies that rely on timing.   I haven't had a lagless match yet :|

On a side note, I was practicing Alice on a computer earlier(and found a new move which will go forever unused because it requires good timing as well), and when I did my Climax spell I did my usual, and then I fired like 20 more dolls at Reimu during my Climax and I was all "Whuh?"

I did it again with that song, Sky High, but I've been unable to recreate it with any other song.

What Zengar said (I mentioned this in my post about Youmu on page 1 too). There's actually no indicator regarding which section of the climax phase has been designated as the finale, and not all songs have finale phases too, so unless it's a custom bgm file for which you've created the tension change points yourself, it's pretty much trial and error for now :|

For the same reason (lag), I've never been able to use Youmu's ex-spellcard during online matches. Hopefully the devs do something about the netcode for the game - somewhere on their site, they do mention that they were having troubles with the netcode prior to release and that it currently requires 12mbps bandwidth for a network game.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 01:22:29 AM »

Same here. As I finished off my enemy with a Master Spark, Marisa did some super-cool flip near the end and did an even bigger Master Spark.
What are the known finales in Climax Spellcards?

Oh, one last thing. What combos do most of you use while fighting? WIth Marisa B, I like to Attack x3, do her regular Spellcard, and repeat.
Technically it's spamming, yet it's quite useful for racking up damage. :P

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:53 AM »
For me it's Utsuho Melee Combo - EX-card - Walk up to them. May combo into Subterranean Sun/Septentrion.

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »
Same here. As I finished off my enemy with a Master Spark, Marisa did some super-cool flip near the end and did an even bigger Master Spark.
What are the known finales in Climax Spellcards?

I've only done them with Utsuho so far. She uses Septentrion, flips, and then summons a huge sun and tosses it at the opponent.

I might go through Practice mode later and try to do it with everyone, just to see what they do.

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 11:31:53 PM »
Just a heads up, the finales are available during Climax Spellcards when you're aura turns from pink to red (for a really short time) during Climax Tension.

Dammit I love this game and the soundtrack.

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2011, 04:42:48 AM »
1.01 patch
http://www.mediafire.com/?7ids4gdkoim8btx

Patch changelog (google translate works somewhat ok for this one)
http://www45.atwiki.jp/tohoskyarena/pages/32.html

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2011, 03:41:36 AM »
I encountered something weird during a 2 on 2 match, 3 CPUs, random set-up. I was running the game without Applocale (too lazy to set-up paths in my friend's PC). Haven't tried the above patch yet.

Shortly after the match started, I accidentally dashed into a dashing Cirno (teammate), and initiated a 'shoot-out' sequence.

Note the radar team colors.

Here's the replay file of the said match:
Link!

Is there friendly fire in this game? :P
Afterwards, I had my lock-on on Cirno, and I can shoot her down with Spell Cards, Tension Cards, etc. Fortunately, her AI did not register me as an enemy so she didn't retaliate.

I wasn't able to recreate the event (tried with or without Applocale), so I thought of asking if somebody had the same experience.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:49:33 AM by Anunsew (安宇NSEW) »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »
Friendly fire is an option you can toggle on or off.
It was pretty hilarious when I froze Dular with Perfect Freeze. While he had his climax up. :V

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2011, 05:07:19 AM »

The shootout initiates when two players mirage slide and melee each other simultaneously. First to hit 30 shots wins and the loser takes some damage and apparently gets stunned for a while.

And uh, friendly fire is on by default in games. :P

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2011, 12:11:09 AM »
The shootout initiates when two players mirage slide and melee each other simultaneously. First to hit 30 shots wins and the loser takes some damage and apparently gets stunned for a while.

And uh, friendly fire is on by default in games. :P
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that friendly fire is a toggled option. I'll try messing around with the configuration a bit. :)

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2011, 12:57:27 AM »
Holy jesus christ on a stick
You have good music taste, bro.
Maybe this can be done?

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »
Done!

The creation process has been a lot smoother lately. I used to have to keep adjusting the times for some reason. Now they usually sync up perfectly the first time.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »
You have all my love.
All of it.

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »
Holy jesus christ on a stick
You have good music taste, bro.

&

Well, my favorite fansong is already in the game soo...
How about some Bad Apple!! ?
:P

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »
And here's Bad Apple!! .

Also did a bonus song, Ultimate Falsehood. A bit slow, but certainly epic.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
Does anyone have gameplay vids uploaded so I can :parsee:?

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »
Does anyone have gameplay vids uploaded so I can :parsee:?

Would this do?

likkyzero

• i want a hug...
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »
So now that I've finally figured out how to make the tension bars, I've been making quite a few custom ones.

Organized by character, but I'll put non-character-specific ones in the main folder when I make them.

So far, the songs are:

Alice:
Puppet Of The Magus, Pt.2 : Lost My Lover
Puppet Of The Magus, Pt.2 : Doll In Your Hand

Cirno:
Beloved Tomboyish Girl (0:46 in)

Marisa:
Love-Colored Master Spark

Sakuya:
16th Torture Spell "Sinning Moon"
To The Limit

Utsuho:
Consequence of her deeds~Yurejueji~
A Flameless Dance ≠ A Cycle
Hollow Heliosphere

If anyone has requests for songs, let me know and I can see what I can do.

oh god this is awesome!

personally i prefer the original beloved tomboyish girl... hey can you do that?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2011, 07:26:32 AM »

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
A great game!

Made my own tension file for Convictor Yamaxanadu by IOSYS

It's a rather extreme tension file with high damage potential in the first half of the song and long cool down phases in the second half.
The climax finale is rather long (slightly more that half of the second climax phase),
but despite being set random while testing it out, it kind of fits the song so I kept it.