Author Topic: Wordless Mafia (Town Lose, Scum Win)  (Read 23378 times)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Wordless Mafia (Town Lose, Scum Win)
« on: November 08, 2012, 08:40:14 AM »
Rules:

- All standard etiquette rules apply.  No gametalk out of game to anyone, no quoting of mod communications, etc.  Especially no editting.
- Vote at least once a day.
- If and when the rules are broken, up to two warnings will be given.  Afterwards, the player will be modkilled.
- 24 hour days and nights.  Majority must be reached for lynch, if not, lynch will decided at random among non-scum.  Scum must NK each night.  No lynch-tan can be voted for once in the game.
- Setup will be open and flavourless, and will include power roles such as cop and doc, but they will be completely normal. 
- Before the game starts, there will be 24+ hours of free discussion in-thread.  No one will receive their role PMs until game starts.  No votes will be recorded during this period.
- After the pre-game discussion, role PMs will be sent, and the confirmation phase begins.  Only after everyone has confirmed will D1 start proper.
- After the start of D1 is announced, people will not be allowed to post any words, with the exception of ##Vote, ##Unvote,##Claim, and ##N1 Result:.  These actions must be in bold, standard font.  Every post (except votecounts) must contain one of these actions.
- Vote switches from one person to another will not be registered except if that person has unvoted before switching.
- No double posting.  No voting twice in one post.
- Players may only vote for people who are currently alive at that point in time, as well as no-lynch.
- Players may only fakeclaim or claim (e.g ##Claim: Cop) anything in the open setup. They may cite their results in a list with each line as such (##N1 Result: Targeted X, guilty/not guilty), where X stands for a player name.
- Players are allowed to quote other players' posts posted after game start, as well as the position of votes at any point in the game (even if they are not posted explicitly by the mod), to illustrate some vote/claim movement, etc. 
- Within these quotes, players are not allowed to stylize them.  They may concat them (without malicious intent), but not add content to them.  Quote titles cannot include anything other than timestamps and the day/night number (e.g Day 1).
- Scum will have nightalk on N1; after that, they will have neither daytalk or nightalk.
- Players may post votecounts according to the mod template (e.g IHNN's spreadsheet).
- Game ends when town loses the majority.

Roles (all standard variants):

Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Godmother
Mafia Goon

Town Sane Cop
Town Jailkeeper
Town 1-shot Nightvig
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town

Note: Mafia power roles may not conduct the kill and use their ability at the same time.  No double action.

Players:

3. Conqueror
4. Ralkaria
5. Serela
8. ActionDan
11. Shadoweh
13. IHNN

Silenced Forever

10. Raitiki - Town 1-shot nightvig, lynched D1
14. Omba - Vanilla Townie, shot N1
1. PX - Vanilla Townie, suicided D2
7. Dormio - Vanilla Townie, lynched D3
12. BT - Vanilla Townie, killed N3
2. Polaris - Town Jailkeeper, lynched D4
15. Youkai Jesus - Vanilla Townie, killed N4
6. Bardiche - Vanilla Townie, killed N5
9. Hero999 - Town Cop, lynched D6

Warnings

ActionDan - 1
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:38:50 PM by Affinity »

Affinity

• hoho
Re: Wordless Mafia (Pre-game discussion)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »
Pre-game discussion starts now.

Go ahead and talk about how claim shenanigans are to be dealt with, opinions on bandwagons, or crazy mafia theories here.  I have made some changes to the rules, so as of now no one knows their alignment or role.  Scum can communicate on N1 instead.

'Deadline' to come later.  If enough people think this is redundant I can start the game early.  >_>

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:48:42 AM »
It's simple.
We lynch the batman.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
I don't have anything in mind, but I think others will.

We're allowed to, like, mess with the font of the ##votes? To make it clear which votes are more serious than others.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
Claim shenanigans will be dealt with in a 24 hour span with everyone claiming in their first post of the day.

THINGS I WILL BE DOING THIS GAME
Serious vote, intent to lynch  Standard text.  No frills here.
Prod vote     Strikethrough.  Will almost always be followed up by an unvote.
jokevote     ED1 only.  Comic Sans is funny like that.
Vote to ensure a lynch      Consolidation exclusive.  Impact.  Means I'm not happy with the lynch target but will go along with anyway.

Confirmed Town
ProbTown
ProbScum
Confirmed Scum

Quote from: Can we type other text like this?  <===
##Vote: start the game

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
All conditional on that stuff being allowed, of course.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 09:11:38 AM »
I will not be stylizing anything. Take everything I say at face value.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 09:15:05 AM »
Oh also are we allowed to quote pre-game posts?

Also as a heads up, people should post any forseeable V/LA or busy days they have upcoming.  I personally have a busy tomorrow in addition to next Monday, so I'll be less active on those days.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
Claim shenanigans will be dealt with in a 24 hour span with everyone claiming in their first post of the day.
And how do we decide on when to massclaim?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
And how do we decide on when to massclaim?
We massclaim the day before LyLo.
Alternatively, vote towards a massclaim the following day via self-vote+claim vanilla+unvote combo

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
I somehow feel we're sorta moving away from the whole concept of "no communication during the game" here.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 09:54:43 AM »
Ah well. Anyway, this setup makes it easy to get into "let's run up a lot of people and have them claim". Let's not. As usual, making more than 2 or at most 3 people claim per day is a bad idea, excepting massclaim.
Other than that, the whole thing is probably going to be mostly an exercise in :gut:.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 10:11:01 AM »
- Players are allowed to quote other players' posts posted after game start, as well as the position of votes at any point in the game (even if they are not posted explicitly by the mod), to illustrate some vote/claim movement, etc. 
- Within these quotes, players are allowed to stylize them (e.g bold, color), however they want, but they cannot add any extra content or stylize letters/words in such a way that it forms another word.  Quotes cannot be pieced together to form a sensible phrase or sentence that would include content.

Note that while you can stylize quotes, you may not stylize your own post content.  You must explicitly use ##Vote or whatever action in bold font.  This is more for people to call attention to what someone else did, rather than give various signals.

And you cannot quote anything pre-game.  You may only quote after D1 has started.

Updated the rules to reflect this.

And uh, quote titles can't include anything other than timestamps.  Gosh.  >_>

Also, changed the rules to discourage no lynching.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:22:46 AM by Affinity »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:23 AM »
If we are allowed to styalize stuff I might hijack IHNN's thing.

Except I'll use This when it's a 'STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORY' vote.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »
And you missed the modpost that came right before yours. :derp:

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
Considering I don't know what alignment I am, I shall actively not participant in pre-game.

Well actually it's important that you guys don't lynch me.

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
Oh dear, 4 scum in a 15 player wordless game seems a bit scumsided, without the usual discussion available and as the scum even have a roleblocker for the few town power roles. Well, we'll see.

Can't really think of any strategies off the top of my head. Well, I can say one thing. If you're town, please don't fakeclaim. Lynch all Liars is a good idea in this game, methinks,

Anyway, have a few other examples of votes-only games:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2554
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10396

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
Also, how often can we expect votecounts for this game? With a 24 hour deadline and the wordless mechanic votecounts are very important, so I'm wondering if it would be possible for players to post votecounts given they don't use any formatting at all and follow the mod format, or have some assistant mods help to post votecounts when Affinity is not available?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »
Good point.  I guess I'll allow players to post their own votecounts, as long as they follow the mod template without anything sneaky.

And thanks for the links, they seem sorta helpful.  Might be tinkering the rules and setup a bit.

EDIT: Decided to reduce scum numbers by 1 and disallow scum double action.  Also, some rule changes, such as requiring an action with every post, and disallowing double posting.  Votecounts may now be posted by players (using IHNN's spreadsheet) and quote titles can come with time of day (such as Day 1, Day 2, etc.).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:53:51 PM by Affinity »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
And you missed the modpost that came right before yours. :derp:

Indeed, I didn't get a message saying 'someone posted while you were posting'.

Derp.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
Vote: Day Start

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »
Vote Day Start

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
I see Conq is already prepared to be wrong a whole bunch. Asahina was cuter :<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:48:40 PM »
What about posting a vote, then quoting said vote in the next post with said stylization  :justasplanned:

Gotta break apart everything that could conceivably come up in the game during the pre-game.

I dislike that no one else is posting their busy times.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
What about posting a vote, then quoting said vote in the next post with said stylization  :justasplanned:

Gotta break apart everything that could conceivably come up in the game during the pre-game.

No. I applaud your effort, but you're trying to break the game by circumventing the rules and going against the nature of the game. Thus, I will

Vote Day Start

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
you're trying to break the game by circumventing the rules
Exactly.  Breaking it now before it starts keeps it from being broken and requiring rule changes mid-game

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 07:25:49 PM »
I would but mine vary from day to day because Uni.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »
Oh, yeah, I should probably note that I'm busy on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Busy, as in, not home for the vast majority of the day. In a game with 24hr deadlines. Oh well!

Conqueror

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »
Or we could just use the honour system and agree to not try to break the game given its nature? It's not like we have to account for drive-bys trying to pick at loopholes. Quote posts minimalistically, vote people, make votecounts, claim. Seems pretty simple; no need to add red tape.

I think I'll say this though. NO STYLIZING/COLOURING VOTECOUNTS IF YOU DECIDE TO POST ONE since I'm pretty sure that's what Affinity intends.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »
Or we could just use the honour system and agree to not try to break the game given its nature? It's not like we have to account for drive-bys trying to pick at loopholes. Quote posts minimalistically, vote people, make votecounts, claim. Seems pretty simple; no need to add red tape.

I think I'll say this though. NO STYLIZING/COLOURING VOTECOUNTS IF YOU DECIDE TO POST ONE since I'm pretty sure that's what Affinity intends.
I pretty much agree with this. Don't do anything besides vote alot, we can do that right? I mean I remember Dan making walls somehow when all he couldd do was vote (that's half why I'm interested in this game actually)

And yes I will only make pretty picasso color paintings of my own votecount analysiss :D

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia