Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31117 times)

Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
>Keep distracting her with the danmaku then.
>Can we see any signs of the others? If we can't find them, odds are Sakuya can't either.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
>Keep distracting her with the danmaku then.
>Can we see any signs of the others? If we can't find them, odds are Sakuya can't either.

> Your danmaku isn't distracting her, but the falling bits of foliage are forceing the occasional dodge.

> You can still see the others, although neverthe whole group at once. You'd see Kogasa one second, Koishi the next, and Wriggle suddenly afterwards, due to the trees.

> You can't be far from the Harukei Shrine now.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »
>Meh, that works too. We just need to make sure that she can't charge full-steam.
>Spam more danmaku at those tree branches
>Try kicking off the trees to gain speed

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »
>Meh, that works too. We just need to make sure that she can't charge full-steam.
>Spam more danmaku at those tree branches
>Try kicking off the trees to gain speed

> You keep fireing danmaku at the branches, it's keepping Sakuya at a pace where instead fo gaining she's holdng level.

> You've tried this loads of times before, it dosen't work, the time lost by stopping to kick off ends up slowing you down overall, unless you're just starting your flight.

> You suddenly see a barrage of needles and sealing talismans fly over the whole area, aimed indiscimininately, so they would hit everyone involved in this case, this tells you two things:

1: You're in the area of the Harukei Shrine
2: Reimu's in a 'Own first ask questions later' mood.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:45 AM »
>Yeah, evasive action. No need to keep slowing down Sakuya if Reimu's in Incident Mode, and we're going to need that danmaku for those homing attacks of Reimu's
>Catch up with the others once Reimu stops with the ownage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
>Yeah, evasive action. No need to keep slowing down Sakuya if Reimu's in Incident Mode, and we're going to need that danmaku for those homing attacks of Reimu's
>Catch up with the others once Reimu stops with the ownage

> Everyone starts dodgeing wilding, unfortunetly, Reimu's sealing papers/amulets home in, and combined with the large amount of needles she threw, you quickly find yourself out cold.

> You wake up at the Harukei Shrine. You see Kogasa, Koishi, Mystcia and Wriggle are all next to you, still out cold.

> On the other side of the room, Reimu between you, you see Sakuya, very much awake, and still looking livid. Reimu is probobly the onyl thing stopping her from killing you lot in your unconcious state.

> It seems Reimu wants to find out what was going on, because she keeps asking Sakuya why she was so far from the mansion, chasing Koishi and your freinds.

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
>Well it's still better than getting knifed.......at least everyone's fine....to an extent.
>"Ouch....."
>"Sakuya, I get that you don't like Koishi, but did you have to chase us all the way here? Koishi didn't even do anything!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
>Well it's still better than getting knifed.......at least everyone's fine....to an extent.
>"Ouch....."
>"Sakuya, I get that you don't like Koishi, but did you have to chase us all the way here? Koishi didn't even do anything!"

> Indeed, Reimu's amulets were knockout amulets, not sealing amulets or extermination amulets.

> Didn't stop them hurting. Your groan makes Reimu turn around, noticeing you.

> "There's a reason why their kind live underground, they're vile, dispised youkai, hated even by other youkai. Besides, after she did something to Meiling to make her attack me while she was out cold, I wasn't going to let her get..." Sakuya began.

> "Sakuya, be quiet. You've had your turn to explain what happened to me, it's time for their side of the story." Reimu said sternly. By this point Kogasa and Koishi have awoken, and Wriggle and Mystica are stirring.

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
>"We were playing around with Meiling, then Cirno wouldn't unfreeze her so she got punched into the lake, then Sakuya knifed Meiling for sleeping on the job, then she sensed someone invisible around somehow."
>"I found Koishi, then she became visible to everyone and Sakuya said she was a Satori and got really mad, her eyes turned red and everything! Then she started throwing knives at Koishi."
>And nearly turned us into a pincushion.
>"Koishi dodged her for a bit, then Meiling fell on Sakuya and Koishi said that she didn't want to do it but she didn't want to hurt Sakuya, then Sakuya got even madder so we ran away."
>"Sakuya started chasing us, so we ran here and I tried to slow down Sakuya but she's too fast for me then you knocked us all out."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
>"We were playing around with Meiling, then Cirno wouldn't unfreeze her so she got punched into the lake, then Sakuya knifed Meiling for sleeping on the job, then she sensed someone invisible around somehow."
>"I found Koishi, then she became visible to everyone and Sakuya said she was a Satori and got really mad, her eyes turned red and everything! Then she started throwing knives at Koishi."
>And nearly turned us into a pincushion.
>"Koishi dodged her for a bit, then Meiling fell on Sakuya and Koishi said that she didn't want to do it but she didn't want to hurt Sakuya, then Sakuya got even madder so we ran away."
>"Sakuya started chasing us, so we ran here and I tried to slow down Sakuya but she's too fast for me then you knocked us all out."

> Reimu listens, nodding occassionally.

> "What I don't understand is how Sakuya knew Koishi was there in the first place. Koishi acts within the subconcious realm, unless she decides to make herself known. Sakuya shouldn't have been able to sense her." Reimu said.

> "It's just experiance in detecting things that aren't right Reimu. I guess you could say intuition, like how you resolve incidents. Besides, what's a Satori doing on the surface, let alone creeping around outside the mansion?" Sakuya said.

> "I wander around. I was actually looking for this place! I wanted to talk to Reimu about something my sister is worried about, but my sister dosen't come up here." Koishi said.

> "Besides Sakuya, she's not even really a Satori anymore. She forcibly closed her Third Eye. She can't read or manipulate minds... although she can do so to the subconicious as a by-product of her attempting to seal off her own powers. You know that the Third Eye is linked to the emotions, and the being of a Satori, right? Koishi's practically sealed off her heart as well. Probobly why she didn't seem scared or worried when you attacked her."

> Reimu sat there, thinking for a few moments. "Wait, Rumia said your eyes turned red? That's not happened since the mist incident, where you also flew into a murderous rage... come to think of it, after the Imperishable Night incident... red eyes... maybe you should go see Eiri..."

> Sakuya gives Reimu a glare that makes even her shut up, and showed even more hate than towards Koishi. It seems wherever that topic was going, she did NOT want to talk about it.

> After this, Sakuya walks out of the shrine. "I better be getting back to my Mistress." she murmmers, before walking out of sight.

> Reimu sighs. "You all OK? Murder-mode Sakuya is pretty dangerous."

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 02:46:06 PM »
>"I don't think she managed to get a clear shot in the forest."
>Make sure that everyone is okay.
>"Wait, you mean she's done that enough times for it to have a name! Scary....."

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 03:24:30 PM »
>Look to Koishi, "You said your sister was worried about something? What was that?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »
>"I don't think she managed to get a clear shot in the forest."
>Make sure that everyone is okay.
>"Wait, you mean she's done that enough times for it to have a name! Scary....."

> "I know, but best to make sure." Reimu said.

> Reimu checks everyone is OK, and you copy her, somewhat to her annoyance. Everyone is OK, apparently.

> "Her spellcards are full with references to murder. It's not exactly difficult to think of the name." Reimu said, shrugging.

>Look to Koishi, "You said your sister was worried about something? What was that?"

> "Oh, apparently strange creatures have been showing up in the underground. She's not seen them herself, but she's seen images with her mind reading. Thing is, some of the youkai down there think they've seen these sorts of creatures before, mentioned a Makai or something. This got my sister all worried upon hearing that word."

> Reimu's face falls. "I thought Makai was sealed... oh wait, Shou's group broke into there to get Byakuren out of Hokkai... but the barrier was fixed... they shouldn't be coming through."

> Reimu pauses, and then sighs.

> "I guess this means I gotta go underground again, before these creatures hurt someone... or a certain drunk Oni hurts them. Last thing I want is that 'goddess' on my doorstep because Yuugi got too drunk and KO'ed one of her denizens..."

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »
>"Makai? Another Goddess? Who are they?"
>Do we know of Shou, Byakuren and Suika?
>What do we know about the underground?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2012, 01:25:07 AM »
>"Makai? Another Goddess? Who are they?"
>Do we know of Shou, Byakuren and Suika?
>What do we know about the underground?

> "Makai is sort of another world, created by Shinki, the 'Goddess' of Makai. Last time Gensokyo and Makai became linked it almost sparked a war between the worlds... although a certain youkai and evil spirit are the main instigators of that... genocide is not the answer to everything." Reimu said, thinking back to when Herself, Marisa, Mima and Yuuka all went into Makai, and Yuuka quite happily started killing everything in sight.

> Shou and Byakuren you have not met, but read about in the Bunbunmaru, although you don't understand half of their story, all you know is that they were involved in an incident, and their temple was the site of another. You've seen Sukia a couple of times, but you don't know anything about her.

> That it's under the ground, and that dispised Youkai live there, like Koishi's Sister.

« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2012, 05:38:42 AM »
>"Oh."
>So another incident? Well that last one was fun and we made a bunch of friends in it, why not?
>"Can we come along?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »
>"Oh."
>So another incident? Well that last one was fun and we made a bunch of friends in it, why not?
>"Can we come along?"

> You don't sound very sure of what's going on.

> A few seconds later, you ask if you can come along. Reimu sighs. "Well I can't technically STOP you from going down there. I don't suggest you do, the youkai down there are strong, and... you're not."

> Reimu walks out of the room, and flies off. Koishi says bye and follows her, presumerably going to help, as her sister is underground. Moments later, Sukia stumbles into the room.

> "Uuuuwa... Reimu wouldn't let me in here while she was in here... she was in a bad mood." the drunkard muttered, before noticeing you and your freinds. "It might be the sake talking, but didn't Reimu say something about underground?" Sukia asked, her words slurring slightly.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
>"YEah! Something's happening down there and Reimu said it was dangerous but my new friend's going and I want to help her and-"
>Fly after Koishi.
>"Koishi, wait for meeeee!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2012, 04:39:10 PM »
>"YEah! Something's happening down there and Reimu said it was dangerous but my new friend's going and I want to help her and-"
>Fly after Koishi.
>"Koishi, wait for meeeee!"

> You begin talking to Sukia, and realise Koishi flew after Reimu, so fly off after her, but for some reason you can't take off. You feel heavy.

> "The underground is dangerous. The youkai who live down there are mostly far more powerful than the ones above ground, with a few exceptions, like me." Sukia said. "If you're adamant to go down there, tell me what on earth Reimu said was going on. I wanna know what ya and her are gettin into."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
>"Reimu said something about people from some place called Makai."
>"Hey, are you not letting me go? Let me go! Reimu said I could go!"

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »
>"She said that she was going to try to stop the Makai people from causing trouble, or getting beat up by a drunk Oni named Yuugi and causing their goddess to come up here."
>Fight the weight and fly!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 10:00:02 PM »
>"Reimu said something about people from some place called Makai."
>"Hey, are you not letting me go? Let me go! Reimu said I could go!"

>"She said that she was going to try to stop the Makai people from causing trouble, or getting beat up by a drunk Oni named Yuugi and causing their goddess to come up here."
>Fight the weight and fly!

> You explain to Sukia, while struggling to fly. However, the weight is such that it's taking all your effort to stand, let alone fly.

> "Wait, she's worried about Yuugi causing a ruckus? And she went down there to stop her without telling me?" Sukia slurred.

> You complain about Reimu saying you could go. "I needed some way to get information, and warn you." Sukia says.

> The oni looks like she's thinking hard for a few moments, and suddenly, once she stops, the weight lifts, and you feel normal again. As a result, you, Wriggle, Kogasa and Mystcia all shoot up into the ceiling due to the effort you were putting into flying.

> Sukia bursts out laughing. "Well, you lot are never gonna get down there alone. I ain't seen Yuugi in ages anyway. I'll go with you. I doubt you even know how to get underground anyway! I just gotta get some sake for the trip..." Sukia says, before stumbleing out of the room.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »
>"We know which way to go! We saw Reimu and Koishi leave!"
>Get after Koishi!

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2012, 01:37:08 AM »
>Before we go rushing off, did we actually see where they went, or did we see them fly off and have no idea if they made any turns or where they went to get underground?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2012, 05:17:24 AM »
>We probably just saw the direction they went in, but there's no reason they wouldn't just go straight there.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 07:09:44 AM »
>"We know which way to go! We saw Reimu and Koishi leave!"
>Get after Koishi!

>Before we go rushing off, did we actually see where they went, or did we see them fly off and have no idea if they made any turns or where they went to get underground?

> You saw them walk out of the door and take off. For all you know they did a 180 turn once they were in the air and not constrained by needing to get out of the door. You don't know the way.

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »
>Right. Wait for Suika.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »
>Right. Wait for Suika.

> About five minuites later, Sukia returns, holding a gigantic jug, at least five times bigger than she is, with one hand, above her head.

> "This should be enough for me and Yuugi. Right, if you still wanna go, follow me." Sukia says, kicking into the air.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »
>Follow Suika!
>Be sure not to knock that jug... the results won't be pretty.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »
>Follow Suika!
>Be sure not to knock that jug... the results won't be pretty.

> You follow Sukia. She hardly flies in a proper pattern, veering in various directions frequently, probobly due to being drunk.

> It dosen't take too long before you see a large hole in the ground. You can't see the bottom.

> "Down from here on out guys. Stick close. I doubt any of them will mess with an Oni, but you guys? I don't want that on my mind..." Sukia said, before she took a gulp from a much smaller sake jar she had tied around her waist. "I hate making trips... I get more sober than I normally would..." she complained.