Author Topic: Touhou Dreams Thread  (Read 170064 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: Touhou Dreams Thread
« Reply #600 on: January 15, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »
Had a dream in which my aunt took over our entire Touhou panel and covered the material by herself. A bit frightening, really. Can you imagine a doting lady entering her 60's who spends more time in the garden and volunteering at church than she has ever spent with a computer detailing everything from the basics and history of curtain fire shooting games to the Rin Satsuki sprite in the EoSD coding? She spoke just as slowly as she did in real life and called everyone "dear". It also took place outside in an open field, which made no sense at all.

As for total exposure time relating to the number of dreams had, this is the first time I've had a Touhou related dream after 3.5 years of fandom. Then there's that dream I had where I was dancing with Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai immediately after the first movie came out. I don't get it either, but this is simply digression at this point.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #601 on: January 15, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »
Had a dream recently that involved Wriggle getting married to Satori. I raged so hard that I woke myself up.

At least I figured out that Satori's dad is a giant pink gorilla.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #602 on: January 15, 2011, 07:32:08 PM »
Wait, training yourself to lucid dream or training dream recall? Completely different things... There is nothing you can "Use more&Get used to" to have lucid dreams but LDs themselves. There are plenty of other methods though, they just require a little more effort than dream recall does. Things like setting a habit of checking something during the day to do it during a dream.. Not really going to happen for me. The best results are from getting something to wake you up in the middle of the night. Gotta fall asleep with certain parts of your brain still active or something. I'm no Wikipedia, google it again.. Lol.

Also, don't forget how lucky you are to remember "80%" of your dreams. Some people actively try and get... <5%.
I am training nothing. The content of the dream makes me remember it when I woke up. So awesome dreams are memorized better, others are not or fade away in a few days. I dreamt in total 6x about Touhou over a span of one year. I can remember all six of them somehow but that is about it.

Also unnaturally interrupting sleep is not a good idea and should not be done. You don't interrupt your sleep unless you want to cause damage =/

Dreaming occurs between "waking up" and deep sleep. There is a whole bunch of bla bla about dreaming but none of them can be explained normally.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #603 on: January 16, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
Had a dream recently that involved Wriggle getting married to Satori. I raged so hard that I woke myself up.

At least I figured out that Satori's dad is a giant pink gorilla.

Well in the legends satoris were man-shaped beasts covered from head to toe in thick fur, so it makes sense...kinda.

Luneth

• Down down, a clip round you, fall in drops, set a trap
  • Down down, a clip round you, get the trick of it.
    • I live here.
« Reply #604 on: January 17, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
I am training nothing. The content of the dream makes me remember it when I woke up. So awesome dreams are memorized better, others are not or fade away in a few days. I dreamt in total 6x about Touhou over a span of one year. I can remember all six of them somehow but that is about it.

Also unnaturally interrupting sleep is not a good idea and should not be done. You don't interrupt your sleep unless you want to cause damage =/

Dreaming occurs between "waking up" and deep sleep. There is a whole bunch of bla bla about dreaming but none of them can be explained normally.
I was talking about training lucid dreaming, not dream recall. That isn't really called 'training'. And waking yourself up is only for say, over summer break if you're in school or on Friday nights/holidays if otherwise, since it disrupts REM sleep. It's a more serious way of lucid dreaming than just 'trying and hoping'. You don't do it when you have school/work the next day or etc., of course.

Recently(Last three days.) I've been remembering the last "30 seconds" of my dreams. Obviously that's not real physical time, but anyways.. I'll remember what just happened pretty well, but like you said, the rest doesn't usually matter so I forget it or don't care to remember if I'm that tired.
I'm proud to say I've never forgotten anything about a Touhou dream I knew I had. It's like.. "Touho- OMG WHAT" And I suddenly remember all of it. :V
Also, gotta quote your "80%".

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #605 on: January 18, 2011, 01:46:18 PM »
Last night, while working on scoring SA Lunatic, I realized that I might have to do more aggressive grazing to account for a certain path through Stage 5. After going to bed, I had a dream that involved supergrazing a set of bullets. It actually used a bullet sprite from Crimzon Clover instead of Touhou, but I could tell this was inspired by my SA practice.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Luneth

• Down down, a clip round you, fall in drops, set a trap
  • Down down, a clip round you, get the trick of it.
    • I live here.
« Reply #606 on: January 19, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »
Okay, little experiment tonight. Since apparently having my thoughts throughout the day all be 85% Touhou related isn't giving me any Touhou related dreams, I'm going to drown myself in it before I fall asleep tonight to see if I can fix that. (But dangit if I dream about cows it is TOTALLY that thing's fault!((Third time posting that, for those of you that don't visit CPMC often.)))
Really hoping this works, since like I said, I've remembered basically all of my Touhou dreams and they've almost all been pretty awesome. Had enough of gigantic dark minecraft castles while using the WoM client and some emo sob-fest train tour thing, where's my Touhou!
Ohh, 'Lucid Dream', that's like the most matching song to right now ever.

« Reply #607 on: January 25, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
Okay, so I had this really weird dream last night. I dreamed that I was watching TV and on came Gilligan's Island, but with Touhou characters!  :o Anyway, I hardly remember any of it except for some of the characters. Reimu was Gilligan, the millionaire was Rinnosuke  and his wife was Kaguya, Youmu was Mary Anne, the skipper was Shou, the movie star was Yuyuko, and Patchouli was the professor. They were all trying to escape the island like they do on the regular show, but I can't exactly remember how.