~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments
Sparen's Code Dump (Final updates)
(1/82) > >>
Sparen:
Welcome to my Release Thread!
I'm Sparen of Ir?a, a danmakufu scripter here in RaNGE. Here you will find all of my publicly released danmakufu projects (as well as some others). If you are looking for a specific project's download link, scroll down and find the project. If you are just looking around, you may want to go to the Game Page Links section. On the game posts, there are videos, screenshots, and background information, as well as other helpful information.

I host a Youtube channel where I showcase scripts made by members of the community, and am one of the moderators of the Land of Codes and Apertures, a danmakufu-centered Discord (formerly Skype) group. I also occasionally make danmakufu tutorials, and they can be found on my website.

Please submit feedback for my (newer) projects!

LINK TO SEITENTOUJI PROJECT THREAD
For my Danmakufu Utilities and other services to the Danmakufu Community, refer to Sparen's Danmakufu Utilities.

Touhou Danmakufu 0.12m mirror: Download
Touhou Danmakufu ph3 [.0 pre23] mirror: Download

*When I append 'Release' to the end of a script, that means that something has been cut from the current version and is not available in the supplied script.
Youtube Playlists!
My main playlist for showcasing scripts from the community is DNHArt, or Danmakufu Art. Link below!
The official compilation is here: DNHArt
My playlist for intentionally troll/funny scripts is DNHFart, generously Buddhaened by InfiniteUltimaWave in a less-than-glamorous ceremony.
DNHFart can be found here: DNHFart

If you would like me to play your script, add/remove your youtube channel link, etc. please PM me. Voiced commentary is only available by request.
For more information, see http://sparen.github.io/dnhart.html

Danmakufu Ph3 Tutorials
Here is a link to my Youtube Danmakufu ph3 Video Tutorial Playlist! [Link]
Here is a link to my Danmakufu ph3 Written Tutorials! [Link]
*I have other tutorials on the Danmakufu Wiki.

Game Post Links
Pok?DigiDanmaku
LOCAA Contest #3 Entry: Suicune Boss Battle
RaNGE Contest #10 Entry: Sanae Boss Battle
Halloween Contest Entry: Sekibanki Boss Battle
LOCAA Contest #4 Entry: Death Match in the Skies
Danmaku Dodging for Dummies ph3
Digital Earth: Conquest
Artifact Contest #2 Entry: Of Celestials and Master Sparks
AAA Contest Entry: Nuclear Hell Raven
LOCAA Contest #6 Entry: Danmakufu Troll Stars
ICM Contest Entry: The Avatar of Mountains and Lakes
東方変幻永〜Indeterminate Insufferable Illness
Danmakufu Wars - Sparen vs PhantomSong
RaNGE 16 Contest Entry - Descent of the Mochi Hammer
RaNGE 17 Contest Entry - Shimmering Cyclochasm
RaNGE 19 Contest Entry - Moonstruck Magician
RaNGE 20 Contest Entry - Seasonal Rabbit
BHA 01 Contest Entry - Elemental Shapes
Release Packages and Projects listed below

All updates will be in red! All projects are listed in the order I started them in.
Glow: COMPLETED RELEASE CANDIDATE MODE ONGOING HIATUS PLANNING DEAD/TERMINATED

[ - ] = Minor script, [ P ] = Player, [ C ] = Contest, [ B ] = Single Boss, [ S ] = Stage, [ G ] = Full Game, [ VN ] = Visual Novel
$ denotes a GOOD QUALITY project (by my standards). Multiples of these denote a project that I spent a lot of time and work on.
$ denotes an EXCELLENT QUALITY project (by my standards). Multiples of these denote a *good* project that I spent a lot of time and work on.

NetLogo 5
*Note that all NetLogo games require either NetLogo 5 [http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/download.shtml] or a browser that can run Java Applets. Be aware than all games made with NetLogo use the mouse to move, cannot be paused, and lag terribly.

-[ S ] Touhou Terranean Cataclysm Phantasm Partition [Download Touhou TC Phantasm Stage] COMPLETED
-[ B ] Cirno Day 2012 [No Longer Available] COMPLETED
-[ G ] Pok?Digi Danmaku [N/A] TERMINATED

Touhou Danmakufu v0.12m

-[ P ] Suiroga Player Script [N/A] TERMINATED
-[ P ] PDDVee Player Script [No Longer Available] COMPLETED
-[ G ] Introduction to Danmaku (Danmaku Dodging for Dummies) [Download R5 without music] COMPLETED
-[ S ] Touhou Terranean Cataclysm Extra Stage [No Longer Available] DEAD
-[ - ] BS Yukkuri Stage [No Longer Available] YUKKURI
-[ P ] Utsuho Player Script [Download Utsuho Player Scripts v0.14] COMPLETED
-[ G ] Pok?DigiDanmaku [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $$$
-[ P ] Kogasa Player Script [Download Kogasa Player Scripts v0.10] COMPLETED
-[ C ] LOCAA Contest #3: Suicune Boss Battle [DL Complete Package w/ Danmakufu (RC-5) ] COMPLETED $
-[ P ] Kyllallrenn Player Script [No Longer Available] COMPLETED
-[ C ] RaNGE Contest #10: Sanae Boss Battle [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $
-[ C ] Halloween Contest: Sekibanki Boss Battle  [Download Halloween Contest: Sekibanki Boss Battle v1.02 (RC-3)] COMPLETED $

Touhou Danmakufu ph3

-[ P ] TCKogasa-Utsuho Player Script [Download Kogasa-Okuu Player Script v0.12 (RC-5)] COMPLETED $
-[ C ] LOCAA Contest #4: Death Match in the Skies [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $
-[ G ] Danmaku Dodging for Dummies ph3 [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED
-[ P ] DEC Flamon and Strabimon Player Scripts [No Longer Available] COMPLETED
-[ G ] Digital Earth: Conquest [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $$$
-[ C ] Artifact Contest #2: Of Celestials and Master Sparks [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $
-[ P ] Artifact 2 Contest Marisa Player [Download A2 Marisa v0.03]  COMPLETED
-[ C ] AAA Contest: Nuclear Hell Raven [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED
-[ C ] LOCAA Contest #6: Danmakufu Troll Stars [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $$
-[ C ] Incident Causer Mayhem: The Avatar of Mountains and Lakes [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $
-[ G ] 西天東地 - AMB [See linked thread] COMPLETED
-[ B ] Danmakufu Wars - Sparen vs PhantomSong [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $$
-[ C ] RaNGE Contest 16: Descent of the Mochi Hammer [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $
-[ C ] RaNGE Contest 17: Shimmering Cyclochasm [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $
-[ P ] Reisen Player [Download III Reisen v0.04]  COMPLETED
-[ C ] RaNGE Contest 19: Moonstruck Magician [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $$$
-[ C ] RaNGE Contest 20: Seasonal Rabbit [See Game Post for more information] COMPLETED $$
-[ C ] BHA Contest 01: Elemental Shapes [See Game Post for more information] RC MODE $
-[ P ] Eleburstyr Player [Download Eleburstyr v1.2]  RC MODE

-[ G ] Touhou Mystery Dungeon [DevLog] DEAD

For a more comprehensive and up-to-date list of both danmakufu and non-danmakufu projects, refer to the Projects page on my website.
Sparen:
My Personal Deprecation Post
Before you ask, this is a new addition plugged in here because I couldn't move posts down any further.
Note: This is also invaluable advice for intermediate-level scripters who want to be at CK Crash or Talos's level

Here I will list (with pictures), all of my worst Danmakufu design issues and they will exist here to remind me that when I script, I should actually think about gameplay.

1: Super Complicated Attack, Excessively Simple Dodging
Thanks to CK Crash, the problem has been identified as not micro dodging, but this. I unnecessarily overcomplicate my attacks (in the coding) and when the player plays them, well... They dodge left. Dodge right. Micrododge.

Spells should not just look pretty. They should play well and have unique ways of dodging.

Examples of attacks that fit into this category: (Both MICRODODGE MICRODODGE MICRODODGE and Overcomplicated Messes that are ridiculously simple)
PDD: (MICRODODGE)

PDD: (Overcomplicated Code Implementation for something that wasn't worth it)

Misc. Scripts:

DEC:

2: A Spell with Too Many Parts
As CK Crash once said, a spell is complete when you can no longer take anything away from it.

Examples of attacks that fit into this category:
PDD:

Misc. Scripts:

DEC:

3: Graphical Excessiveness
This is self-explanatory. Blinding the player with ADD Bullets or abusing things not meant to be abused all go into this category.

Examples of attacks that fit into this category:
PDD:

Misc. Scripts:

DEC:

Contents of original post below

Edit: Moved the TC Phantasm stuff down to the next post to make space in the thread header.

I am now proud to introduce one of my games!

http://www.mediafire.com/?yaq9337rbqdpqfg

The game is Touhou 13.2: Terranean Cataclysm! However, I am not including the main game and I am not including the Extra Stage. This package only contains the finalized Phantasm Stage (for now).

Reasons: Well, the main game is terrible, with lackluster, random based scripting. I only began using patterns when I reached Stage 8/10, and I didn't even use speed until Stage 7. Simply put, it's not that good. As for the Extra Stage, I don't want my OCs to be stolen. Besides, it deserves a port to Danmakufu, where I can actually bring out the full potential of the script.

Included in this package are the following:
-Obfuscated (by NetLogo Obfuscator) Touhou TC Extra Stages Release Candidate 3, Phantasm Partition
-No music (all of it is copyrighted and it takes up too much space)
-A brief spell explanation'
-Hours of frustration and wondering why Utsuho's hitbox is so large
-A lot of lackluster and poor quality spells
-Some great ones
-Lag
-Stuff so that you can run the .html if you really don't want to have to download NetLogo.

Enjoy, comment, and feel free to give constructive criticism! (although I'm actually going to quit NetLogo Danmaku after my current project...)

Screenshots (Touhou 13.2: Terranean Cataclysm, Phantasm Stage):

https://sparen.github.io/img-hoster/public/Moon-Sign-Rings-of-Eternity.png

Sorry for the double post, sorry for too many bullets. But I made some pretty nice stuff with it.
Lunasa Prismriver:
Patterns are pretty fun but you can easily dodging them by hugging the bottom of the screen (bullets disappear before touch you).
Player shots are pretty well thought but they cover enemies bullets and it makes more harder to dodge them.
I think java is not the better choice to make a danmaku but I'm sure if you remake the script in Touhou Danmakufu, you'll get rid off a lot of bugs and It would be more playable  :).
Sparen:
The sides are invincible areas that I used when testing to speed up and check for bugs.

I guess I forgot to mention that. XD

As for the shots, I realized that error, and in my current project, the bullets have transparent space inside them. But the player's Utsuho, so... I really don't know if I could make the shots more transparent, since NetLogo doesn't support transparency layers. My remedy for this is to press 'hide-shots,' which will hide your shots.

The issue with HideShots is that since you are probably focusing on the character, it's not always certain if you are actually hitting the enemy.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
touhoumaniac:
I tried your scripts. The lag was unbearable, so i gave up before finishing it  :V
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version