Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 226012 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2017, 05:11:26 AM »
>"Thank you."
>Give Ran the ring.
>...did the location of the hakutaku's cave change from our influence on the future, in the second set of memories? I remember something like this, but it'd be quite a bit of digging to find it.

>You hand over the ring; she places it on a corner of her table. "I feel it is unrelated, but there's no harm in checking," says Ran.
>You don't think it has changed location, per se. But in your second set of memories, you and alice had to do a lot of searching before finding it under some bushes, disguised to look like a rabbit hole at a glance.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2017, 05:31:54 AM »
>"It probably is, but a ring mysteriously appearing among my things is at least a curiosity."
>Any notable landmarks nearby we could suggest Ran to gap us to? 'Near some bushes' probably won't go over well.

I'll be in bed soon, so if there's any other business to attend to other than hakutaku-ing our way home, that's your chance to suggest a different gap location
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2017, 06:09:31 AM »
>"It probably is, but a ring mysteriously appearing among my things is at least a curiosity."
>Any notable landmarks nearby we could suggest Ran to gap us to? 'Near some bushes' probably won't go over well.

>Ran nods.
>There really wasn't much to distinguish the location. It was close to a somewhat-travelled road that ultimately lead to Golden Lake and Lakeside Temple.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2017, 04:03:32 PM »
...come to think of it, there WAS one thing that got forgotten about, I think.

The resurrected Patchouli, having run away to Makai.

Especially as her and Marisa are a direct consequence of us having changed the future, we probably shouldn't ignore that one. ...plus it's interesting. We could always just not -let- that future happen, but...

Also now I'm like "Wait so if we go back farther, we won't have all the past messages we've already handed out, but they won't be handed out anymore, unless they're either suddenly back in our inventory on return or the other returned Sakuya still appears anyway before disappearing a few hours later..." WOW TIME TRAVEL GETS WEIRD HUH. It might be safe to assume it'll all work out, but...

>"...hmm. Come to think of it, there was one bit of unfinished business I have left in this time I might want attend to. It would involve visiting Makai."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:05:10 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »
I would prefer to address that issue, particularly since we can theoretically get another copy of Alice's research (she did say she made a bunch of backups).
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2017, 10:01:31 PM »
>"...hmm. Come to think of it, there was one bit of unfinished business I have left in this time I might want attend to. It would involve visiting Makai."

>"My, you aren't interested in half measures," says Ran. "I can take you to the entrance of Makai. But once you're in there, you'll have to get yourself out. That talisman simply won't have an effect in there."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2017, 05:07:36 AM »
>"Understood; the entrance of Makai it is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2017, 05:15:24 AM »
>"Understood; the entrance of Makai it is."

>"Good luck," says Ran, as she draws her fan along the air near her. "I am not sure anyone will easily be able to help you."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2017, 05:22:35 AM »
>"How foreboding. Any advice before I jump on in?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2017, 08:11:06 AM »
>"How foreboding. Any advice before I jump on in?"

>"Take care in who you trust," says Ran. "And do your best not to get in the way of Shinki or her inner circle."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »
> What do we know of Makai and its denizens, other than the fact that Little Red is from there?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2017, 12:38:37 PM »
> What do we know of Makai and its denizens, other than the fact that Little Red is from there?

>Not much, to be honest. You know that it isn't a kind place, and recall Kanako mention how it denied relations with Apex. You're aware that Shinki rules it, and have the feeling she is not a very nice ruler.

>_

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »
>"Before i head off, i should tell you that i suspect Reimu might be responsible in some way for it to showing up in my possessions, that should be a helpful lead."
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »
>"Before i head off, i should tell you that i suspect Reimu might be responsible in some way for it to showing up in my possessions, that should be a helpful lead."

>Ran nods again. "Nothing about it suggests a connection to me, but that doesn't mean you're wrong."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2017, 05:05:59 AM »
>"At least, after she helped me get to Haihan is when I noticed I had it."
>Nod. "Farewell, for now!", and head through the gap.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2017, 06:02:24 AM »
>"At least, after she helped me get to Haihan is when I noticed I had it."
>Nod. "Farewell, for now!", and head through the gap.

>Ran nods, and you step through the gap.
>Stepping out, you find yourself before a rocky cliff face, rising up into the air above you. Close by, you can see a yawning cavern leading deep into the earth. Not too far away, in the opposite direction, there is a forest.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2017, 10:18:46 PM »
> Do we know which way from here is Makai?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »
> Do we know which way from here is Makai?

>You presume it is through the cavern.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »
>Well, let's go on in.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »
>Well, let's go on in.

>You proceed inwards. The cavern slopes downward, quickly descending into darkness. No, not quite darkness. As your eyes adjust to the gloom, you care not completely blind. A sort of soft reddish tinge fills the air, just outlining the walls and floor for you. As you proceed onward, it slowly grows stronger, until the whole place is bathed in a soft red glow and you can see yourself plainly in it. The air is stuffy and dusty, it is a little difficult to keep your footing as well, but you would rather walk than risk flying into a ceiling. Ahead, you can see the other end of this tunnel. You pick up your pace a little, eager to be out of this cavern.
>Stepping through it, you are overwhelmed by the noise. It is familiar, now, the sounds of so many people and machines crammed into one place. The sounds of Apex, but so much more. Huge, blocky buildings raise up hundreds of feet into the air, their windows lit with soft glowing light that creates a kind of false starfield in the darkness of night; drowning out the true night's sky entirely. Smooth roads of strange black and gray stone run between them, hosting wheeled vehicles moving at speeds akin to flight. Everywhere you look, it's more of the same.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2017, 11:35:54 PM »
> Wonderful more noise and bizarre crap. Just what we needed.
> Is there an obvious path from our current location to, well, anywhere of note (excluding behind us)?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2017, 12:20:55 AM »
> Wonderful more noise and bizarre crap. Just what we needed.
> Is there an obvious path from our current location to, well, anywhere of note (excluding behind us)?

>Looking around, the layout of the city seems to be very gridlike, so in theory there's an obvious path to just about anywhere you want to go. As for places of interest...everything looks the same. Hm, there is a plaza a few blocks in...

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2017, 12:56:24 AM »
> Head toward the plaza. Use whichever of walking or flight looks more appropriate given what everyone else is doing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2017, 01:05:37 AM »
> Head toward the plaza. Use whichever of walking or flight looks more appropriate given what everyone else is doing.

>It seems there's a combination of both going on, but you think flying is probably safer, given how some of those vehicles are moving. 
>You make your way toward the plaza; even by air it takes a few minutes. As you approach it, you see that it is dominated by a huge fountain, which only seems to be half working at the moment. People walk to and fro past it, going from this building to that. You notice a large vehicle stop nearby and let a couple dozen people off. Others are just loitering around, talking and being loud in general. At least one group, you're certain, is looking for trouble the way they are eyeing people around there. People in general, you notice, seem to be keeping largely to themselves, not making eye contact and trying to ignore the others around them.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2017, 02:08:56 AM »
> What's the racial mix like?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2017, 02:57:34 AM »
> What's the racial mix like?

>Entirely youkai of various kinds.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2017, 03:42:09 AM »
> Any important-looking buildings?
> Any plaques or inscriptions on the fountain?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2017, 03:51:22 AM »
> Any important-looking buildings?
> Any plaques or inscriptions on the fountain?

>The buildings all look about the same; save for tacky-looking glowing signs that seem to be less about the buildings themselves and more about such and such product or service.
>The fountain seems like it once have a plaque, but it has been removed. Probably illegally.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2017, 04:07:19 AM »
> Do any of the buildings have names?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2017, 05:00:55 AM »
> Do any of the buildings have names?

>You look around, and find that some have names set over their entrances. Here you see the Esoterica Galleria, there you note Mai Heights, across the plaza is the Makai Network Tower.
>As you look at the buildings, a devil with short brown hair, with wings on her head and back rather like Patchouli's familiar, calls out "'Ey maid! You looking for work?" Judging by her leer, she isn't looking for cleaning services. Well, perhaps not just cleaning services...

>_