Author Topic: ☞ Time For Analysis! Come Get Headshrunk Here! ☜  (Read 73403 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: ☞ Time For Analysis! Come Get Headshrunk Here! ☜
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2013, 04:40:54 AM »
She's simultaneously youthful yet wise beyond her years, she looks great in thighhighs and her hat is probably the most absurd hat in Gensokyou.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2013, 04:46:30 AM »
Because she throws giant lasers while she's half asleep, and just like me she's ready to roll over and fall asleep at a moment's notice.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Time For Analysis! Come Get Headshrunk Here!
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2013, 10:32:24 AM »
(The good doctor has informed me he will be back to dispense this afternoon. Stay tuned and/or share - but how do you feel about her?)

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:15 PM »
[ You are bored and restless with your current position in life. You are quick to accept others as your friend, but slow to forgive them if you believe they have slighted you. You are one of the few in your circle of friends who thinks Family Guy is stupid and formulaic.

...That is scarily accurate. Except the Family Guy thing.

I KNEW Freud was always right about everything.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »

Get out of here, you no good son of a bitch.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2013, 07:23:22 AM »
Can't say I have one particular favorite touhou, but Tenshi is one fave. That blue hair, nice dress, nice hat, and adorable fanon have earned her a special place in my heart. <3

There's also Merlin. Bubbly personality, wavy blue hair, and being slightly like me are things about her I find endearing.

Need I say that beautiful fanart is a major factor in my touhou tastes? :P

Tengukami

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32:15 PM »
Ach mein lieben! The good doctor got so caught up in all the hype about Touhou 14 that I have neglected my patients!

idk I just love my waifu alot lots lots lots she's just so adorable to me with her big ribbon and POOFY POOFY skirt also i, uh, seem to have a slight liking to short-haired blonde lolis (either that, or its a coincidence)
You feel as though the pressure to grow up is increasing, and you are trying your best to resist it. There are a number of foods you have not tried and will never try based on their appearance alone.

Renko has a pretty cool hat, you know?
You have a passion for science, even though the subject is a struggle for you. You have one or two physical tricks that you can perform - such as double-jointedness - that are impractical but entertaining. You are terrified of flying insects.

I like Yukari the best because the contrast of overwhelming power and casual coyness is really attractive to me. Also my own personal theories about her paint her motives as really heroic and noble.
You are experiencing a transition point in terms of your attraction to women. You have a strong sense of wanting to be ethically sound in deed. The memory of a terrible cooking accident haunts you to this day.

Because I have the most merch of her.
You grew up in an environment that was caring and nurturing. When intoxicated, your speech will slip into Japanese. You have a strong need to travel, like, probably this summer.

I am neutral towards maids, prefer swords to knives, and consider time-stopping to be a "cool but not coolest" power. However, when all these traits came together with the addition of elegance and elements of Castlevania...I am at a loss.
As a child you were fascinated by magicians. Your mother was a bit on the domineering side, but not overly, although she would insist on being left alone when cooking. Your enjoyment of science fiction is almost embarrassingly high.

I have quite a few, like, my top 3 has always been 3Y (Yukari, Yuyuko, Youmu) but Sanae has been maintaining a good close 2nd/4th-ish, and since she has more detailed reasons than the other three, so I'll go with her on this one. She's probably the closest girl in 2hu to an ideal girl irl that I'd genuinely fall in love with (well, just her being silly about things - "ditzy" as described in touhou wiki - her sometimes demure, soft, and kind personality as often depicted by some doujin games - try AQUA STYLE's Miracle Chou Party or Strawberry Bose's Genius of Sappheiros if you want to know what I mean). Also I have this strong conviction that her life before she came to Gensokyo was probably something close to what I've suffered from in the past.
Togetherness and group cohesiveness are of great importance to you. You often feel as though you were born "at the wrong time", and might have been better suited for an earlier time in history. You would much rather help others feel better than cheer yourself up.

She's simultaneously youthful yet wise beyond her years, she looks great in thighhighs and her hat is probably the most absurd hat in Gensokyou.
You feel as though you are crossing the threshold of adulthood, although there is great uncertainty - more uncertainty than you care for - regarding what awaits. When flipping open one of those enormous fashion-oriented magazines I see in the stores, you will actually pay attention to how the clothing is made and how it looks on the model, as opposed to just flipping ahead to the quizzes. Caramel featured prominently in your teen years.

Because she throws giant lasers while she's half asleep, and just like me she's ready to roll over and fall asleep at a moment's notice.
You eagerly await the day when science will create a human-sized egg that people can sit inside, browsing online while all of their physio-biological needs are met. As a child you once ate something poisonous, which scared your parents more than it did you. The voice of Joan Rivers causes you to fly into an uncontrollable rage.

Get out of here, you no good son of a bitch.
Oh, look who it is. Dr. Jung, likely here to blather on about his mystic visions and magical archetypes. What are you going to do, Herr Doktor, read some Tarot cards for us?

Can't say I have one particular favorite touhou, but Tenshi is one fave. That blue hair, nice dress, nice hat, and adorable fanon have earned her a special place in my heart. <3

There's also Merlin. Bubbly personality, wavy blue hair, and being slightly like me are things about her I find endearing.
People over 30 confuse you. As a child, you were the first one out and the last one in during recess. You cannot eat pancakes with syrup while wearing a wool sweater.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2013, 01:04:51 PM »
For some reason Avast is saying there is malware on this page.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
Oh, look who it is. Dr. Jung, likely here to blather on about his mystic visions and magical archetypes. What are you going to do, Herr Doktor, read some Tarot cards for us?

Say that again? I couldn't hear you over you longing to bang your mom and trying to lift my work.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
My favorite is Marisa because she doesn't need to be a youkai or a supernatural being of any kind in order to kick ass.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
Utsuho because i find her powers and design to be really cool. Also there's some cool fanart of her which helps a lot.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
I've always had an interest in Satori. Mainly because of the mind reading thing, I guess. I mean, I've always figured there'd be fewer misunderstandings if you could see what others were actually thinking.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »
Oh wow, bless this thread
My favourites right now would be Suika, because I find her sprite in the fighting games to be adorable, because I've always had some fondness for the friendly brutish character archetype and because Missing Power is probably my favourite Touhou song, Koishi because I find several things about her design to be really clever (like her palette being a negative of Satori's, her theme being composed to sound similar when reversed, and her Release of the Id card consisting on hearts that float away from her, while Super-Ego's hearts are focused on herself instead), and Kogasa, also because of her design (all the little things that make her look like a karakasa despite her human shape, like the red eye, her tongue usually sticking out, the geta, and only one of her legs being extended).

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2013, 02:34:52 AM »
Youmu Konpakuuuuuuuuu
I love her design, her swords, her personality. Especially her swords. How can you not like swords?!

t0k

• Philosophy nerd!
  • To be is to do.
    • 4x13
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2013, 06:15:53 AM »
When I get really really drunk (1.5 bottles of Vodka in me rtight now) I realyl like Aya. Does this say anything about my personality?

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2013, 07:46:26 AM »
How much will I be charged for this?

Anyway, my favorite is my favorite for quite a few reasons.  First, her enigmatic, yet fun-loving personality.  She likes to tease and mess around with others, yet above all has good intentions in mind...somehow.  Also, she often is portrayed with a beautiful appearance (shallow I know).  And finally, her ability is very fascinating to me--so much power, so much potential for good--or evil.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2013, 08:45:05 AM »
Youmu
Besides the fact I really like her design, the colors, the swords etc, it's mainly her personality that made her my favorite character. She's dutiful and loyal, but also kind of na?ve, and that's just endearing to me.  (See CoLA ch. 13 for example)
To say it with other words, she is just plain cute.

and Kogasa for design and overall cuteness, like her struggling to find a place for herself in TD and her trying to be a (scary?) babysitter in SoPM
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Gensokyo Dreadnought

• Fantastic Dreadnought o' War
  • Ran said no more capitalism...
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
The character I am most fond of, out of the many Touhou characters I have loved is Shikieiki Yamaxanadu. As I grew up with these last few years with Touhou, I believe Eiki is the embodiment of who I truly want to be.

Powerful.

The soft emerald hair she has gives the impression of a calm and natural young lady, along with her blue orbs for eyes - Her presence, if without all of the other significant colours (and perhaps clothes), I would see her as a light-hearted female who speaks barely, and enjoys the calm rustling of a glowing meadow under the pale, cloudless moonlight. But as you start to add back everything else - that calm demeanor actually signifies the preemptive strike of an attack between the heavens and hell.

Her uniform emanates perfect union and  impeccable sovereignty. The black and white shows her that she can and will, intervene in any dire affair, and often than naught, I've felt that those accents of white-black made it seem her existence in this universe had no point of origin to begin with - she had existed all this time, making her supreme over any timed-being. Sentient or non-sentient. The gold and red touches just glorifies the already-supreme Eiki, in the sense of how gold is associated with royalty or kings, and that without it, her rule would be incomplete.

And to top it all off, she has the power to decide your life after you die. This makes her a god among men and youkai alike.

Her actual description might not actually resonate with mine, but this is what the vision of Eiki that I have crafted, and because of this, Eiki is who I love the most. This is why she is my favourite, because everything about her is powerful.

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »
My favorite character is Tenshi Hinanawi. She's no different than me, we're almost like the same person. I like blue haired people, I like heavens/the sky and I like clouds. Tenshi was always bored and lonely resulting the SWR incident. But I never saw her as a masochist, it seems more like she just wanted to play and get the attention of others just once. But everyone ended up bullying her in the end, I felt kind of bad for her.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOUHOU 14!

Tengukami

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
Hokay ... this will be the last session the good doctor gives in this thread. Thanks to all of you for laying bare the horrid, twisted demons of your unconscious for all to see!

My favorite is Marisa because she doesn't need to be a youkai or a supernatural being of any kind in order to kick ass.
You often feel a little too ordinary for the crowd you hang out with. Caterpillars give you the heebie-jeebies. You have on more than one occasion defended the musical ability of Shakira.

Utsuho because i find her powers and design to be really cool. Also there's some cool fanart of her which helps a lot.
You developed an emotional band with heavy metal groups in your early teens. You learned how to roller skate relatively late in life. Seeing other people brush their teeth makes you gag.

I've always had an interest in Satori. Mainly because of the mind reading thing, I guess. I mean, I've always figured there'd be fewer misunderstandings if you could see what others were actually thinking.
You have read the diary of one or more family members. You enjoy science documentaries. You sleep with a boomerang under your bed.

Oh wow, bless this thread
My favourites right now would be Suika, because I find her sprite in the fighting games to be adorable, because I've always had some fondness for the friendly brutish character archetype and because Missing Power is probably my favourite Touhou song, Koishi because I find several things about her design to be really clever (like her palette being a negative of Satori's, her theme being composed to sound similar when reversed, and her Release of the Id card consisting on hearts that float away from her, while Super-Ego's hearts are focused on herself instead), and Kogasa, also because of her design (all the little things that make her look like a karakasa despite her human shape, like the red eye, her tongue usually sticking out, the geta, and only one of her legs being extended).
Have you met Validon? You two might have a lot to talk about. Apart from that, a sibling once broke a treasured toy of yours - an injury you still haven't fully recovered from.

Youmu Konpakuuuuuuuuu
I love her design, her swords, her personality. Especially her swords. How can you not like swords?!
You have enjoyed yourself in the kitchen, although not always by cooking. You tend to be attracted to motherly women. Cherry-flavored anything is always a win for you.

When I get really really drunk (1.5 bottles of Vodka in me rtight now) I realyl like Aya. Does this say anything about my personality?
You don't like to take sides in a dispute between people you know, even if they aren't friends. When people have expectations of you, you tend to do the opposite. You spend too much time reading the tabloids in the supermarket check-out line.

How much will I be charged for this?

Anyway, my favorite is my favorite for quite a few reasons.  First, her enigmatic, yet fun-loving personality.  She likes to tease and mess around with others, yet above all has good intentions in mind...somehow.  Also, she often is portrayed with a beautiful appearance (shallow I know).  And finally, her ability is very fascinating to me--so much power, so much potential for good--or evil.
I bill by the hour. Ask your insurance company how your coverage is.

Given the choice, you would prefer to not grow-up. It is not unusual for you to change clothes a few times before going out. You have often entertained an interest in a career in politics.

Youmu
Besides the fact I really like her design, the colors, the swords etc, it's mainly her personality that made her my favorite character. She's dutiful and loyal, but also kind of na?ve, and that's just endearing to me.  (See CoLA ch. 13 for example)
To say it with other words, she is just plain cute.

and Kogasa for design and overall cuteness, like her struggling to find a place for herself in TD and her trying to be a (scary?) babysitter in SoPM
You are very much a family-oriented person. In work or school, what the rules are doesn't matter as much as there being rules in the first place. When you find lint in your pocket, you wait until you find a trash can before throwing it away.

The character I am most fond of, out of the many Touhou characters I have loved is Shikieiki Yamaxanadu. As I grew up with these last few years with Touhou, I believe Eiki is the embodiment of who I truly want to be.

Powerful.

The soft emerald hair she has gives the impression of a calm and natural young lady, along with her blue orbs for eyes - Her presence, if without all of the other significant colours (and perhaps clothes), I would see her as a light-hearted female who speaks barely, and enjoys the calm rustling of a glowing meadow under the pale, cloudless moonlight. But as you start to add back everything else - that calm demeanor actually signifies the preemptive strike of an attack between the heavens and hell.

Her uniform emanates perfect union and  impeccable sovereignty. The black and white shows her that she can and will, intervene in any dire affair, and often than naught, I've felt that those accents of white-black made it seem her existence in this universe had no point of origin to begin with - she had existed all this time, making her supreme over any timed-being. Sentient or non-sentient. The gold and red touches just glorifies the already-supreme Eiki, in the sense of how gold is associated with royalty or kings, and that without it, her rule would be incomplete.

And to top it all off, she has the power to decide your life after you die. This makes her a god among men and youkai alike.

Her actual description might not actually resonate with mine, but this is what the vision of Eiki that I have crafted, and because of this, Eiki is who I love the most. This is why she is my favourite, because everything about her is powerful.
You have spent hundreds of hours playing MMORPGs. You often wonder why other people are so much stupider than you are. Try as you might, you can never find a pair of sunglasses that don't look crooked on you.

My favorite character is Tenshi Hinanawi. She's no different than me, we're almost like the same person. I like blue haired people, I like heavens/the sky and I like clouds. Tenshi was always bored and lonely resulting the SWR incident. But I never saw her as a masochist, it seems more like she just wanted to play and get the attention of others just once. But everyone ended up bullying her in the end, I felt kind of bad for her.
You had a childhood of many creature comforts. At parties, you are almost always the first person to start dancing. You take great pains to ensure no one ever finds that folder on your hard drive.

Ja, und that is that, as they say. I'll be back some time soon, I'm sure, to provide more of my irreproachable council.

Good night!

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »
Dammit Ammy, you got it all wrong! You're probably the worst back-alley shrink without a license I've ever seen.  :colbert:

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
Some of these actually contain a certain amount of accuracy, but Ammy is cheating because he already knows stuff about us :V

Great thread!

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2013, 07:44:02 AM »
Komachi is my favorite. She's got a nice pair of knockers, she's a redhead, I like her outfit, and I think she's pretty. Scythes are awesome weapons even if they're impractical, but come on, it's a video game. If Touhous were turned into MSes (like MS Blade or SD Gundam stuff), Komachi would be the Deathscythe Hell. :3
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
I bill by the hour. Ask your insurance company how your coverage is.
Shit...
Given the choice, you would prefer to not grow-up. It is not unusual for you to change clothes a few times before going out. You have often entertained an interest in a career in politics.
First one is spot-on.  Third one is sorta iffy.  I've had on and off thoughts of politics, but then I realize that I'd rather not be hated by close to half of my constituency. :V

However, given what I said, that's not a bad analysis.

Which brings me to a few questions of my OWN for you, GOOD DOCTOR (oh ho ho!)

Where did you get your degree?  And why do you feel the need to take it upon yourself to inquire about and analyze our favorite Touhous, HMMMMM?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2013, 01:29:43 PM »
21:21:48 (Tengukami) Best do so now, before the Dr. retires!

ok doc

This is actually a tough question for me, as there are a lot of Touhou characters I do like but it's hard for me in particular to pick a favourite. If I were to really force myself into a decision, it would most likely be Shinki. She's a very powerful figure, being the creator of Makai after all, and her aesthetics really enchant me very much. In a way, not too much is known about Shinki, to be frank, but the idea that she created her own realm, along with most of the folks in it (such as Yumeko, and others) is something I resonate with a lot, I guess, given my life circumstances in a nutshell and my desire to be released from these damnable shackles. It certainly doesn't help matters that the fan art and fan portrayals of Shinki being Alice's mother make me warm and tingly and ridiculously fuzzy. Shinki is just... like, I guess she's like that god(dess) I'd be all up ons for if they were really a thing, I guess. A bit messed up but what do you know, I am a fucked up person at heart.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Phoenix_lostarr

• mrgrgr
  • Rising from the ashes of an old dream~
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
My favourite is all of them :V

Tengukami

« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
You people don't know when to quit, do you?

Komachi is my favorite. She's got a nice pair of knockers, she's a redhead, I like her outfit, and I think she's pretty. Scythes are awesome weapons even if they're impractical, but come on, it's a video game. If Touhous were turned into MSes (like MS Blade or SD Gundam stuff), Komachi would be the Deathscythe Hell. :3
You own at least two fedoras or trilbies. You once tried smoking a cigar, but found it an unpleasant experience. When you were younger, you found heavy metal to be the highest form of music that there is.

Where did you get your degree?  And why do you feel the need to take it upon yourself to inquire about and analyze our favorite Touhous, HMMMMM?
Phoenix University - you can get certified from the comfort of your own home!

Well, I've been dead for a really long time now, and it gets boring playing pinocle with BF Skinner and his two trained cats, you know?

This is actually a tough question for me, as there are a lot of Touhou characters I do like but it's hard for me in particular to pick a favourite. If I were to really force myself into a decision, it would most likely be Shinki. She's a very powerful figure, being the creator of Makai after all, and her aesthetics really enchant me very much. In a way, not too much is known about Shinki, to be frank, but the idea that she created her own realm, along with most of the folks in it (such as Yumeko, and others) is something I resonate with a lot, I guess, given my life circumstances in a nutshell and my desire to be released from these damnable shackles. It certainly doesn't help matters that the fan art and fan portrayals of Shinki being Alice's mother make me warm and tingly and ridiculously fuzzy. Shinki is just... like, I guess she's like that god(dess) I'd be all up ons for if they were really a thing, I guess. A bit messed up but what do you know, I am a fucked up person at heart.
You have an uncommon strength that not even you would be willing to admit is there. There is a mischievous, prankster aspect to your personality that you would love to utilize more but your kind-heartedness usually holds you back. Purple looks great on you.

My favourite is all of them :V
Then I would suggest you - and really, everyone else on this board - pay a visit to this amazing thread where you can put your Touhou polyamorousness to good use.

I'll leave this thread open for a while longer in case someone wants to respond to analysis, but as for now, the good doctor is going to bid you adieu for now, for real this time. Auf Wiedersehen!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2013, 03:41:49 PM »
You have an uncommon strength that not even you would be willing to admit is there. There is a mischievous, prankster aspect to your personality that you would love to utilize more but your kind-heartedness usually holds you back. Purple looks great on you.

>Purple looks great on you

I actually get this a lot :derp: As for the mischievous thing... I don't know how accurate exactly that is; though it's eerily kind of true at points. :V

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »
I'll leave this thread open for a while longer in case someone wants to respond to analysis, but as for now, the good doctor is going to bid you adieu for now, for real this time. Auf Wiedersehen!
No! Don't leave meeee!

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
You own at least two fedoras or trilbies. You once tried smoking a cigar, but found it an unpleasant experience. When you were younger, you found heavy metal to be the highest form of music that there is.
I don't own any hats aside from the Junpei hat you get with Persona 3 Portable (got it from a friend) and a few winter caps. I did smoke a cigar once, but then, not a lot of people haven't. And I do think metal is the best form of music, but I suppose "when I was younger" means when I was 17 or so (I'm 30 now).
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.