Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 288110 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)
« Reply #930 on: September 05, 2011, 04:11:30 AM »
Whats been going on I've been playing dragon nest?
We still using the phoenix mod?

« Reply #931 on: September 05, 2011, 04:15:03 AM »
ummm  are you gonna add my home at the bottom then i dig to it... or how is this gonna work  ???
I'll place your home wherever you wish. You'll have to carve your way down if you want it at the bottom again. As it stands, your drop goes from Y124 to Y5. Much too tall for a vanilla generated map.

Tell you what, if you still want the drop down there, get on location and I'll import it. I'll help you expand the rest of the hole from the surface down to your home. Keep in mind that the bedrock layer won't be flat anymore..

Whats been going on I've been playing dragon nest?
No. We're headed back to a vanilla world. We think PTM is causing us a lot of headaches with server crashes.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #932 on: September 05, 2011, 04:18:56 AM »
We won't be due to perceived issues with it and/or the map we've made with it. However if crashes still occur even without PTM....

If any of you get on the server in the next 11 1/2 hours, I suggest de-torching your areas that are outside the structures. Major reason - we would then have a LOT of torches to use on the new place.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #933 on: September 05, 2011, 04:19:43 AM »
No. We're headed back to a vanilla world. We think PTM is causing us a lot of headaches with server crashes.

« Reply #934 on: September 05, 2011, 04:22:31 AM »
On that note, have you made many changes to your area after I imported it?

« Reply #935 on: September 05, 2011, 04:24:42 AM »
No. I never even fixed that one set of pistons.
PTM was such a turn off since everywhere I went I got eaten or  fell to my death.

I just put a bunch of chests where the old beds used to be and stored stuff like a hamster.

« Reply #936 on: September 05, 2011, 04:26:52 AM »
Completely understandable. I think many other players feel the same way. I can import the same schematic as last time if you wish. I'll prepare a new one based upon the same dimensions as last time.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:31:53 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #937 on: September 05, 2011, 04:36:41 AM »
unrelated to the current topic but.  What's the url for the minecraft teamspeak?  I never did get it.  :derp:
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #938 on: September 05, 2011, 04:42:11 AM »
unrelated to the current topic but.  What's the url for the minecraft teamspeak?  I never did get it.  :derp:
Information
After connecting move over to the Minecraft room.

I doubt there will be a micspam today.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #939 on: September 05, 2011, 04:42:25 AM »
Same server as the main MotK one: triela.shrinemaiden.org:9988  We have a Minecraft room there

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #940 on: September 05, 2011, 04:54:06 AM »
okay thanx guys
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #941 on: September 05, 2011, 05:28:26 AM »
K I'm done in my area try not to get it blown up before you get what you need, strafe.
Not 100% sure how saving works.

« Reply #942 on: September 05, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »
Dorakyura- Large underground facility... You and I need to discuss this one further. As it stands, the entire complex has the dimensions of 57L x 92W x 66H spanning from the top of the glass shell down to the bottommost layer found. At these dimensions, placing it will be quite tricky.

Indeed placing it will be tricky there should not be a problem to redo the entry and the glass shell is not needed anymore (since there are no dark places in a vanilla world), just have to find the right place ^^

The chests are also saved right? So I can bring all my junk to the house in the glass shell? I don't want to lose my 6 stacks of iron :V

« Reply #943 on: September 05, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »
Should be fine. I couldn't find many chests in there when getting the dimensions, but then again, I didn't actively look. As long as your chests are somewhere inside that underground complex, they'll get imported over. Omitting the glass shell opens up some more room that can make this fit. I just might be able to transfer the entire facility.

I'll get back to you if I hit any snags. Also, what about the wooden building on the surface? Would you want to keep that as well?

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #944 on: September 05, 2011, 12:57:03 PM »
for the new world i have a idea about the placing of the buildings it would be great when we form a city with a surrounding city wall (the great wall of kaleidoscope)
i wanted to know if somebody else like the idea

« Reply #945 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
for the new world i have a idea about the placing of the buildings it would be great when we form a city with a surrounding city wall (the great wall of kaleidoscope)
Having a fully enclosed city sounds like a cool idea. At the moment, we will need to see what the terrain offers us and also where people choose to build their homes. We don't want to enclose the wall around the town before everyone interested has moved in. We also don't want people to feel cramped in a tight space. Many of the structures I'm importing are quite large.

Let's see what people think about this first.  :3

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #946 on: September 05, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »
I like this idea, it would be cool with an actual town with streets and such. Or we could wait with doing that until Notch brings the NPC villages into the game, by then we could build a town around it = the town would still have some life even if one or two people are on.

« Reply #947 on: September 05, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
aaaaand we're down for maintenance. I have most of the schematics saved, and going to finish them up in MC Edit.

Look forward to a new thread once the server relaunches.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #948 on: September 05, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
Look forward to a new thread once the server relaunches.
And until then we'll have to watch warmly, and start commenting on random ideas for the next server.

Having a fully enclosed city sounds like a cool idea. At the moment, we will need to see what the terrain offers us and also where people choose to build their homes. We don't want to enclose the wall around the town before everyone interested has moved in. We also don't want people to feel cramped in a tight space. Many of the structures I'm importing are quite large.
Good idea in theory, possibly not so in practice.

The major issues will be with the town itself - lighting and crowding issues, namely. Can't really do much about these.

I'd also wait until most move into the area so that we reduce crowding issues.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:22:26 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #949 on: September 05, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »
Here's another seed:

himamizawa

There's a lava pool in the ice ocean at -119 , 65 , -49.

The fall to some cave at -43 , 93 , 49!

Sense was made!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:43:26 PM by Chen »

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
« Reply #950 on: September 05, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
Wait, I just got word that 1.8 is due to be released this week... Wat do?
It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.

« Reply #951 on: September 05, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »
Should be fine. I couldn't find many chests in there when getting the dimensions, but then again, I didn't actively look. As long as your chests are somewhere inside that underground complex, they'll get imported over. Omitting the glass shell opens up some more room that can make this fit. I just might be able to transfer the entire facility.

I'll get back to you if I hit any snags. Also, what about the wooden building on the surface? Would you want to keep that as well?

I will move the chests Underground close to the Underground Bridge,
So you can ignore the complete surface + glass shell, that should make enought space and I can rework the entry later.
What do you with about that :V

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #952 on: September 05, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
Oh really.  :derp: Well were already gonna go through 3 maps. Will this make a 4th?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #953 on: September 05, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »
Considering that Stuffman wants to wait for a few stability patches (eg. 1.8.2) before going all in, I think we will retain 1.7.3 for a bit.

The possible drawback of this is we can't exploit some possibly hilarious bugs *looks at PX's piston-based block copier that worked from 1.7-1.7.2 and was Notched with the current version*.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #954 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »
The server will briefly appear to be up for the next hour or two, but stay out of it until I make the new thread because it's not done yet and there isn't any way to make myself the only one who can get in without blowing out the entire whitelist and putting it in again.

« Reply #955 on: September 05, 2011, 05:06:10 PM »
I will move the chests Underground close to the Underground Bridge,
So you can ignore the complete surface + glass shell, that should make enought space and I can rework the entry later.
What do you with about that :V
Since we're doing the transfer right now, you won't be able to move stuff yourself. I can sniff around for those chests, note their contents, and reimburse you for them. We're only talking the chests inside the wooden house, yes? Also, I believe I can get you the full underground complex, leaving the surface empty. If all goes well, then you'll get to start with a hole in the ground :V

We're going to hold off until 1.8 stabilizes. Stuffman predicts lots of bugs and patches to fix them. Also, Notch says that the 1.8 update is so large, they're releasing it as two separate updates. The 1.8 update will actually be 1.8 and 1.9.  For now, we're sticking with a 1.7.3 world. We'll employ Multiverse to generate the 1.8/1.9 worlds whenever everything stabilizes.

Here's another seed:

himamizawa
Unfortunately, we just learned that we cannot give custom seeds. MCMA overrules it somehow. It sucks.

-edit: Oh you crazy ninjas

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #956 on: September 05, 2011, 05:25:08 PM »
The server will briefly appear to be up for the next hour or two, but stay out of it until I make the new thread because it's not done yet and there isn't any way to make myself the only one who can get in without blowing out the entire whitelist and putting it in again.
*waiting patiently*

« Reply #957 on: September 05, 2011, 05:35:17 PM »
Since we're doing the transfer right now, you won't be able to move stuff yourself. I can sniff around for those chests, note their contents, and reimburse you for them. We're only talking the chests inside the wooden house, yes? Also, I believe I can get you the full underground complex, leaving the surface empty. If all goes well, then you'll get to start with a hole in the ground :V

There is a chest at the start of the second bridge on the lowest level, there are 3 or 4 diamand picks and sponges inside ^^

Sorry I thought I'm able to move my stuff today  :blush:

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #958 on: September 05, 2011, 05:36:12 PM »
hmmmm.... i took down my shroom all except for the sandstone base so if there becomes a shroomville area due to the other shrooms then i will probabbly rebuild it there. =3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #959 on: September 05, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »
*watching warmly while girls are doing their best and preparing*
Fixed that for you.
Also getting actual stuff done in the meantime. :V

Considering 1.9 will be the Nether/NPC/Sky Dimension part of the Adventure Update, I suggest that until that releases that we don't use the Nether for major projects, so that we can make a new one that takes advantage of anything 1.9 adds to it.

Also since we'll be generating a new 1.7.3 world for temporary use until 1.8 arrives with its newer terrain generation methods, how about this - after we put up a quick town with our schematics that we explore as far out as possible to maximize the 1.7.3 chunks. Newer chunks in the 1.7.3 world will likely be using 1.8 generation.

And of course remember my warning about Multiverse and world erasures.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:07:43 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name