Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 287022 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)
« Reply #900 on: September 04, 2011, 01:39:32 AM »
For reference in the future, if it is possible, I would like only the wood hall and the nether room portions of my underground home saved. Anything else is meh.

« Reply #901 on: September 04, 2011, 01:42:00 AM »
No Armageddon this time. We're going to convert straight into the new world. Feel free to destroy your own crap, though. Keep in mind that I won't be restoring it.

The schematics will be based upon the state of the server when we end the current world.

I'll be lurking around the server here and there. If you're ready for me to save the schematic and happen to catch me, then show me where you'd like me to select the bounding field. If not, then it would help if you marked the area with signs or colored wool, etc. Having your property labelled with your name would really help me too.

Each case will be unique, and on a 1 on 1 basis. I'll prepare the files and import them, all you need to do is find the spot for me to plop them down. It might take some "tweaking", but we'll get everything in working order.

Stuffman set up a channel for us in IRC: http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=touhou-minecraft
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:03:47 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #902 on: September 04, 2011, 01:48:29 AM »
i just need the really large pit at my house that goes from top to bottom(having the water would also be helpful :V)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #903 on: September 04, 2011, 02:23:56 AM »
I just need my fort. It's a 29x29 (includes walls + overhangs but not the causeways - but that is not hard to re-do) x 128 (yep, from bedrock to skybox) formation.

Also, I will start tearing down rails, starting with the one that goes to my fort and maybe a bit of the Ellia one (but the latter's unlikely). We can use them for another project in the future.

I am also contemplating getting the arenas over too, but....

I recommend Stuffman's 'make 1.7.3 world, generate second 1.8 world, link with MultiVerse' idea, along with my PTM-based region terrain modification idea IF we determine that PTM isn't the culprit.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:41:26 AM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #904 on: September 04, 2011, 02:53:19 AM »
Grahhh , great.

Java fucked me over , no minecrafting for me until this is fixed.

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #905 on: September 04, 2011, 04:14:28 AM »
okay, my stuff in Ellia may be nice but will be just stupid in a vanilla word so just my original house/hut (with or without my basement is fine) and my sandstone/netherrack tower is what i would like to be transferred over. also, do wolves get transferred over when you transport a schematic file?

« Reply #906 on: September 04, 2011, 04:22:09 AM »
okay, my stuff in Ellia may be nice but will be just stupid in a vanilla word so just my original house/hut (with or without my basement is fine) and my sandstone/netherrack tower is what i would like to be transferred over. also, do wolves get transferred over when you transport a schematic file?
Then be sure to move all your stuff into chests inside those buildings. As far as wolves go, I doubt it. Sorry.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #907 on: September 04, 2011, 04:29:42 AM »
I BLAME STRAFE AND HIS SPAM FOR THIS SERVER CRASH.
2lazy2createbettersig

Chen

« Reply #908 on: September 04, 2011, 04:29:54 AM »
The server dun goof'd

« Reply #909 on: September 04, 2011, 04:31:33 AM »
I BLAME STRAFE AND HIS SPAM FOR THIS SERVER CRASH.
I BLAME SHADY FOR MAKING STRAFE SPAM FAKE COMMANDS VIA LIVEFEED

Server restarted.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:36:00 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #910 on: September 04, 2011, 04:35:48 AM »
welp may as well listen to some touhou music.  Perhaps one with some zunpets  :getdown:
2lazy2createbettersig

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #911 on: September 04, 2011, 07:24:27 AM »
> inactive for 5 pages
> going to be inactive till 1.8

I guess something happened?

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #912 on: September 04, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
the gatehouse (tower) with the great wall sign befor and the redstone doors is the main tower
but it would be great when the two gatehouses and the wall between them could be moved

« Reply #913 on: September 04, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
the gatehouse (tower) with the great wall sign befor and the redstone doors is the main tower
but it would be great when the two gatehouses and the wall between them could be moved
I don't think that would be too much trouble. The schematic will take some of the floating island above your North tower. It will also take half of HakureiSM's home, since the wall is so close. After the import, I can cut these extras out with little fuss, since there aren't many of them.

Does your structure have any rooms or tunnels that burrow underground?

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »
under the main tower there is only the redstone mechanism            ( and under the second there is a little maze but its not important )
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:02:44 PM by BlackSparda »

« Reply #915 on: September 04, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
Okay. I'll make the schematic for the two towers and the wall connecting them, including enough space below it for the redstone work. I'll save it later on today if you're ready by then. Just let me know

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #916 on: September 04, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
Then be sure to move all your stuff into chests inside those buildings. As far as wolves go, I doubt it. Sorry.
darn. well, i guess we can try it out when the time comes  :V

« Reply #917 on: September 04, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »
I hope it's possible to save my hole, it took the most time I've played :V and I'm not done yet / don't want to give that up ^^

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #918 on: September 04, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »
The things I want saved are, a long list. XD (what, I like building stuff)
The mansion. If its placed on an easier land with space I can focus on the outer appearance too
My blue mushroom and purple mushroom in ellia (purple one is little)
My shop
And if we can find a place for it connecting islands, my bridge.
=D I think thats it...

Edit: One more thing! My shrine area. this includes the shrine, the sun cotton in front and glowstone thingy. XD
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:55:36 PM by Ice-Fire-Bolt »

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #919 on: September 04, 2011, 05:43:44 PM »
The things i would like to keep are basically my house (only the actual building with cellar, not the front yard) and my arena. In even shorter, almost everything i have built to far.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #920 on: September 04, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »
Java fucked me over , no minecrafting for me until this is fixed.
Indeed, it's a terrible programming language. Why Notch bothered to code MC in that, I'll never know.

The things I want saved are, a long list. XD (what, I like building stuff)
Or as a cynic would interpret it, the area 150 blocks radius from spawn and the Ellia zone. :V
No, no, I don't mind seeing these in again.

Also, add my arenas for saving, audience booth possibly optional due to location possibilities. And hell, I think I'll reboot my fort into the new Community House (those of you who were on DDR's may know about this) on the next server.
Bad command or file name

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
« Reply #921 on: September 04, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
I just want Eientei and Marisa's place. I'm guessing it will be too hard to port my underwater shrine and base :( So much glass wasted

Btw, stuff in chests carry over right?

Edit, also want my farm :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:22:19 PM by Raymoo »
It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #922 on: September 04, 2011, 08:12:57 PM »
Btw, stuff in chests carry over right?

Correct. Still, since it'll take a bit of time to move your buildings you should carry everything you think you'll need in your own inventory.

Chen

« Reply #923 on: September 04, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »
Mmmm. I would like my shrine carried over , again.  :V

Here's a special seed from me:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:49:51 PM by Chen »

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #924 on: September 04, 2011, 11:21:34 PM »
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #925 on: September 04, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »
Poverty Box...JUST GOT AN UPGRADE!! 8)

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2jey42g.jpg

http://oi53.tinypic.com/10eklg9.jpg
:teaspit::teaspit::teaspit::teaspit: *drinks again* :teaspit:

Way to go for ruining the server economy :V
...oh wait, we're still running partly on gold too, so there's still SOME stability. >:D
Bad command or file name

« Reply #926 on: September 04, 2011, 11:29:18 PM »
It was just an optical illusion. Move along..

Magical Girl Satori~

• obviously i am magical..
  • loljk im not i totally fooled you
« Reply #927 on: September 04, 2011, 11:37:22 PM »
i want my pink mushroom and my faces.  :V

« Reply #928 on: September 05, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
We will be shutting the world down for the transfer on Monday, at 12:00pm EST. Roughly 14 hours from now.

Here are the schematics that are currently planned and requested by the players themselves. They will be based upon the final backup I'll make before the transfer:

Community- Spawn area, Sheep Factory, Tree/cactus/wheat/reed farm tower
Dr.Strafe- Office tower, Jeweled Pagoda, Evil Eye Sigma, NETHERSHROOM
Stuffman- Cave home
AgentOfTheBSoD- Wooden building with chests
Dinosaur521- Temporary cobblestone building with chests
Koishi- Temporary sandstone platform with chests
ShadyK- Poverty Box
HangedHourai- Underground facility, from wooden halls to Nether room
EP- Giant Fort: I'll try to get the entire facility from bedrock to skybox. Getting it to fit is a different story..  EPArena: Omitting the audience chambers and entryway.
Sunny- SunnyCubeMansion, Ink/Flower shop, Shrine, Suspension Bridge, Blue Mushroom, Purple Mushroom
Jimmy- Suika's hut and Sandstone tower. (Netherrack fires will be extinguished before transfer to make sure we don't burn the new world down :V)
Satori- Pink mushroom and wool faces.
Chen- Green mushroom and Soup Kitchen (again)
Rawr- Underground facility. I'll save the home itself, but you're on your own on recreating the "long drop". Also, Omitting the grinder for sanity's sake. Sorry!
Raymoo- Eientei and Marisa's house. Underwater mining facility probably won't happen. I'll reimburse you for the glass.
Molten- House and Underground Maze Arena
BlackSparda- Two gatehouse towers with the wall connecting them
Dorakyura- Large underground facility... You and I need to discuss this one further. As it stands, the entire complex has the dimensions of 57L x 92W x 66H spanning from the top of the glass shell down to the bottommost layer found. At these dimensions, placing it will be quite tricky.

I am awaiting contact with the following players: Cadmas, HakureiSM, Kinzo, Piney, Jes, Cadrin, PX, Night4ce, and Axman. These people have built or imported structures that I'm already aware of, but I haven't seen them online to discuss the current move. Even if we don't meet in time for the transfer, the option to import their structures is always available. Also, anything from our BroHoster world is still available for import as well.

If I have forgotten to mention a player or a structure that needs to be transferred, then please let me know. As you can see, I have quite a bit of work ahead of me on moving all this to the new world, and then placing it wherever the owner wishes. This will take some time, and I'll get to everyone as best as I can.

One final note: Player inventories will be carried over. I suggest that you guys bring the necessary equipment to survive until I can get to work with you individually.

I'll be idling on the Minecraft IRC channel if anyone needs to get a hold of me in the mean time.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:25:31 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #929 on: September 05, 2011, 03:52:29 AM »
ummm  are you gonna add my home at the bottom then i dig to it... or how is this gonna work  ???