Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 288622 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (FIXED)
« Reply #840 on: September 02, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPWyGGA0mLk&feature=feedu
Fits better in general MC thread IMO.

Now we can really have a more convincing Minecraft's Edge! :getdown:
(I still want my bindable Sprint key AND the removal of Ctrl+LMB=RMB on Mac OS Lion's Java implementation, seeing that SL didn't do this).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:25:19 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #841 on: September 02, 2011, 06:50:05 PM »
It seems at this rate that we may need to have a temporary server running as well in case, albeit with probably a very different world.

I am aware there are mods/plugins that allow for connection to multiple servers, so then in that case we can have a very extended Multiverse...however, issues with Permissions and other plugins would likely arise. :V
WE WANT SPHERE WORLD! If we make a different world let's make it vanilla flavored.

So I say we watch warmly for Strafe and Stuffman's responses.

Oh, and on the subject of 'backup op' in my last post I'd be willing to do so, and I don't give a real care about having Op powers (warp compass aside but that's pretty much it) on the actual server - I just want to keep it up and running. Since these crashes are happening so often (and usually in late morning or afternoon EST, when it seems neither of you are usually on - and when I'm usually available) and thanks to MCMA direct restart ability having at least one person around the clock to check on server conditions and manage them if needed seems to be a good idea.
WAIT YOU WANT TO BE A MOD!? DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME? IT WAS A REIGN OF TERROR actually last time you did a pretty good job.  EP has my support...not that it means much :V

2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #842 on: September 02, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
WAIT YOU WANT TO BE A MOD!? DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME? IT WAS A REIGN OF TERROR actually last time you did a pretty good job.  EP has my support...not that it means much :V
Wait, I'm not asking for Op or Mod powers here! :V I'm just asking for access to MCMA in case the server goes awry. I couldn't care less about 99% of the mod powers I had (sans warp compass).
Moreover I think it's possible to use SSH or log in and adjust settings while not giving myself Op powers (that's under Permissions).
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #843 on: September 02, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
Wait, I'm not asking for Op or Mod powers here! :V I'm just asking for access to MCMA in case the server goes awry. I couldn't care less about 99% of the mod powers I had (sans warp compass).
Moreover I think it's possible to use SSH or log in and adjust settings while not giving myself Op powers (that's under Permissions).

Ah alright then.  I dont really understand any of this technical stuff so whatever  :derp:
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #844 on: September 02, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »
*sigh* It's too soon to be going on this ride again.

Judging that the server has been down for several hours, I can rule out Stuffman doing maintenance work regarding LogBlock. Moreover, either of us would give you guys notice if we were shutting the server down for such a purpose. Anyway, I have tried to reboot MCMA, but this time it just won't do it. I keep getting a string of errors related to mono. That said, the server will remain down until further notice. I apologize.

The IP is still up and accessible, therefore this doesn't really have anything to to with our host. Provision Host believes that we might have some conflict in our plugin arrangement. I'm hesitant to believe that, because our plugins haven't changed since the beginning, back when we went a few weeks without any crash at all. Still, we cannot fully rule this out just yet.  From my perspective, I fear this is something to do with MCMA itself. Our problems began around the time that the control panel began advertising that an update for MCMA was available. For several days, I tried to update it, but failed. :derp: However, once I managed to update it, the crashing problems persisted. We'll also need to look into Mono, to see if that is causing any hiccups with MCMA. At this point, I'm having trouble pinpointing a legitimate cause for the instability.

Stuffman, I see that they have sent you the information you requested to set up LogBlock again. Have you done so? If so, perhaps LogBlock is the culprit. Just a guess..

Now, regarding "backup admins": Chances are, that's not going to happen. Restarting the server from MCMA is a simple task, however restarting MCMA itself is not. Either way, this would require sharing all of the login information regarding the server itself. That's not a decision to be made lightly. Frankly, we just shouldn't do it. That's allowing too many people to access sensitive data. I shared your perspective on "being able to restart the server whenever the other OPs were away." While it does help to have someone to restart things for us, it doesn't solve the problem of the crashes themselves. Right now, all it is doing is buying us a little more "server uptime". Finding the cause and fixing it should be our focus.

Oh, and I've been onto your little "power-grab" scheme for a while now, EP.  :P  You're just in it for the Compass.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #845 on: September 02, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
*sigh* It's too soon to be going on this ride again.

Judging that the server has been down for several hours, I can rule out Stuffman doing maintenance work regarding LogBlock. Moreover, either of us would give you guys notice if we were shutting the server down for such a purpose. Anyway, I have tried to reboot MCMA, but this time it just won't do it. I keep getting a string of errors related to mono. That said, the server will remain down until further notice. I apologize.
Oh god. Now we MAY need a temporary server.

Now, regarding "backup admins": Chances are, that's not going to happen.
Gotcha. That's perfectly understandable.

Oh, and I've been onto your little "power-grab" scheme for a while now, EP.  :P  You're just in it for the Compass.
:getdown::getdown::getdown::getdown:
I don't mind not having it either, ehe.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:39:01 PM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #846 on: September 02, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
I got the server back up. The thing was a mess, there were multiple screens open on putty and one of them was in an infinite loop so I had to kill them all (Strafe: put in "killall screen" from the root if you wish to accomplish this), then reboot the shell because the server had run out of memory :V

LogBlock wasn't up yet because the ProvisionHost control panel was down yesterday for maintenance so I couldn't get into it to get the info for the MySQL database. Thankfully, that at least means LogBlock isn't the problem. As of now, LogBlock is up and running.

I am in agreement with ProvisionHost that we have a conflict in our plugins somewhere. It's really the only explanation.

The following plugins which are unnecessary for operation are now disabled: DeathNotifier, SheepFeed, dynmap. If the crashes stop we know it was one of these, and we re-enable them until we figure out which one. If the crashes don't stop then we have a bit more complicated problem on our hands because we'll have to disable certain important plugins to do testing.

So, for now, server is back up. Cross your fingers!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #847 on: September 03, 2011, 04:40:37 AM »
Is it me or did the server just crash again by itself? No visible symptoms.
EDIT: Local connection disconnect, it seems.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:48:09 AM by SD50 Rainbow Synthesisis »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #848 on: September 03, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
I got the server back up. The thing was a mess, there were multiple screens open on putty and one of them was in an infinite loop so I had to kill them all (Strafe: put in "killall screen" from the root if you wish to accomplish this), then reboot the shell because the server had run out of memory :V
That is really odd. When I went into reboot, there were no other screens open that I could find. I tried to launch MCMA, then closed everything out when it yelled at me. I'm really confused... but good to know next time.

LogBlock wasn't up yet because the ProvisionHost control panel was down yesterday for maintenance so I couldn't get into it to get the info for the MySQL database. Thankfully, that at least means LogBlock isn't the problem. As of now, LogBlock is up and running.

I am in agreement with ProvisionHost that we have a conflict in our plugins somewhere. It's really the only explanation.
I'm still not completely sold on this theory, but I won't rule it out entirely. It is something that we can test with and investigate on.. I just find it odd that the crashes come about after weeks of problem-free stability. Not only that, but the high frequency of the crashes with little to no information regarding the conflicts with plugins.

The following plugins which are unnecessary for operation are now disabled: DeathNotifier, SheepFeed, dynmap. If the crashes stop we know it was one of these, and we re-enable them until we figure out which one. If the crashes don't stop then we have a bit more complicated problem on our hands because we'll have to disable certain important plugins to do testing.
NO! My precious map and sheep! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS :V  DeathNotifier might be a reasonable suspect due to some complaints about the server crashing after a player had died.

We'll see about the stability by disabling these plugins and possibly more as the situation might call for it. I fear that we might have to disable PTM as part of the testing phase at some point.. If we end up having to get rid of PTM altogether, then it seems like SCHEMATIC TIME is in order.

I pray that these issues will be resolved soon and with as little fuss as possible. It's been enough of a headache these past few weeks.

:getdown::getdown::getdown::getdown:
I don't mind not having it either, ehe.
Just keep telling yourself that. Remember that I'M WATCHING YOU. :P
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:53:41 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #849 on: September 03, 2011, 05:48:40 AM »
about the lava pillars... I got rid of em  :derp: Just started to look ugly.   In its place is a ton of cobble tho :V
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #850 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:57 AM »
did it crash again D;

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #851 on: September 03, 2011, 07:39:27 AM »
wow server you pick the worst times to crash
2lazy2createbettersig

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #852 on: September 03, 2011, 07:41:32 AM »
wow server you pick the worst times to crash
Indeed. I was wondering why everyone was gone for a minute before time out. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #853 on: September 03, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
Indeed. I was wondering why everyone was gone for a minute before time out. :V
Same here.  Hopefully it wont stay down too long... Otherwise we cant have our mining adventure  :ohdear:
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #854 on: September 03, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
i knwo right D:, the one time i feel like doing something on minecraft ;[

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #855 on: September 03, 2011, 07:45:52 AM »
Topic title should be changed to [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NOT REALLY FIXED YET)
Spoiler:
but getting there
:V :V
TF2 Backpack

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #856 on: September 03, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »
Heh perhaps it should be.  Now we just need to hear word from strafe on the situation.
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #857 on: September 03, 2011, 07:49:57 AM »
Bad news. I'm not able to get it back online. I'm getting a whole bunch of Mono errors. It seems that the currently disabled plugins aren't our suspect. *sigh*

Looks like our mining expedition will have to wait...

Topic title should be changed to [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NOT REALLY FIXED YET)
Spoiler:
but getting there
:V :V
[Minecraft]MotK Minecaft Server (UNSTABLE PIECE OF SHIT) is more like it. :V

« Reply #858 on: September 03, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
Bad news. I'm not able to get it back online. I'm getting a whole bunch of Mono errors. It seems that the currently disabled plugins aren't our suspect. *sigh*

aw that sucks, i think it had to do with /spawn or warping o.o....

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #859 on: September 03, 2011, 07:52:30 AM »

NOOOO welp what are the odds of all four of us being on again? tomorrow same time maybe?  unless of course the server breaks again :V
I was thinking the same but maybe it was /home.  I HOPE IT ISNT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #860 on: September 03, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
NOOOO welp what are the odds of all four of us being on again? tomorrow same time maybe?  unless of course the server breaks again :V[
quote author=EternitySky link=topic=10221.msg707531#msg707531 date=1315036270]

I was thinking the same but maybe it was /home.  I HOPE IT ISNT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING
i dunno about tomorrow, family dinner + day ... and then i have to finish packing for my plane to go home and then i have school and stuff... but then that will be in PST o.o

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #861 on: September 03, 2011, 07:54:16 AM »

Well, can't be helped at this point. No biggie, we just have to figure out what's going on. (and pray that it doesn't happen again once we fix it)

I think I like it better. :derp:

It might have to do with tp'ing to many places at once that overloaded the server. Though, this may not be the case at all. I have a feeling it isn't, I think there's a compatibility problem with the mods, or something to that effect.

EDIT:
i dunno about tomorrow, family dinner + day ... and then i have to finish packing for my plane to go home and then i have school and stuff... but then that will be in PST o.o
Woot, more people in my time zone. :V
TF2 Backpack

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #862 on: September 03, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
HOW DO YOU HAVE SCHOOL?  TOMORROWS SATURDAY!  but uh it's cool i just dont know how we'll be able to coordinate this again
2lazy2createbettersig

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #863 on: September 03, 2011, 07:57:53 AM »
HOW DO YOU HAVE SCHOOL?  TOMORROWS SATURDAY!  but uh it's cool i just dont know how we'll be able to coordinate this again
Strafe school. (and work) Problem solved! :derp:
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #864 on: September 03, 2011, 07:58:16 AM »
Since the four of us all used /spawn at nearly the same time, the server might have freaked out on us. However, that doesn't explain why I can't restart the sonofabitch.

I'll be around here and there, since I don't have work this weekend after all. However, DX is still calling me, and there's that Poker Tournament happening soon.

EDIT - Oh God. The server log is exploding with the "error" spam again!  :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:05:56 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #865 on: September 03, 2011, 08:03:19 AM »
actually in hong kong, its saturday right now, then i have the family dinner  tomorrow on sunday, and then my plane is on monday, i get back home on monday and school starts on tuesday :D

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #866 on: September 03, 2011, 08:06:28 AM »
Since the four of us all used /spawn at nearly the same time, the server might have freaked out on us. However, that doesn't explain why I can't restart the sonofabitch.

I'll be around here and there, since I don't have work this weekend after all. However, DX is still calling me, and there's that Poker Tournament happening soon.
actually i used /home  :derp:  Of course that's why this'll be impossible to set up orz.
actually in hong kong, its saturday right now, then i have the family dinner  tomorrow on sunday, and then my plane is on monday, i get back home on monday and school starts on tuesday :D
Oh okay  :V I say we listen to bsod and just strafe EVERYTHING  :D
2lazy2createbettersig

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #867 on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:16 AM »
I say we listen to bsod and just strafe EVERYTHING  :D
:getdown:

EDIT - Oh God. The server log is exploding with the "error" spam again!  :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:
Oh my. It's odd that the session is completely ended, and something is still running, creating endless errors in the process. The tp's may have something to do with it, but it's hard to tell right now. It could have been complete luck that it crashed when we tp'd back. (or not, but still plausible)
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #868 on: September 03, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »
Okay. The log now shows an "out of memory" error. It seems the error spam ended about 10 minutes ago.

Well. I have managed to restart the server again. I guess it needs to finish its spam before we can retry. That's really odd.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #869 on: September 03, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »
Here was some oddness that Strafe found while group mining.
[attach=1]
Yeah, grass at that layer. (there was another to the left, but it's gone now and we don't know who may have accidentally hit it)
TF2 Backpack