Author Topic: ??????? Quest  (Read 31254 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: ??????? Quest
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2016, 07:44:55 AM »
>"What did the way in look like? I'm worried we might be going someplace we don't want to go."
>"Pretty similar to what we're seeing now, except there were more forks to keep track of and the occasional guard patrolling the place."

>_

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2016, 08:25:48 AM »
>Appraise walls
>Appraise companions
>Appraise me
>Examine floor
>Examine ceiling
>Recall what we know about the layout of the dungeon
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:41:37 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »
>Appraise walls
>Appraise companions
>Appraise me
>Examine floor
>Examine ceiling
>Recall what we know about the layout of the dungeon
>The walls have been built with stone and enchanted with higher tiered earth magick, which is what allows the labyrinth to change its layout. Another layer of earth magick has also been cast on the walls to make them near indestructible. While the walls themselves are nothing special, the enchantments on them would allow you to sell a square meter of the wall for at least 25 gold coins.
>Both the blonde haired man and the red haired man appear to be in their early 30's and seem capable of performing many tasks and hard labor. Neither of them have any visible scars and have an average appearance. If you were to sell them as slaves you believe you could get at least 450 gold coins each for them, though this does not account for any abilities that the two may have that you are unaware of.
>The beastman looks as though she would have been quite valuable as an object in the past. However, given the numerous scars on her body, her value has decreased significantly. She does not appear to be capable of sustained manual labor, and also seems to be suffering from some mental trauma which would further lower her value. If you were to sell her as a slave you could get at least 50 gold coins for her. Of course, if you wanted to make use of the fact that she was a female beastman, certain buyers would be interested in paying a large premium for her.
>You are the owner of the largest trading company in the kingdom and virtually every product sold in the kingdom can be traced back to some part of your business. You doubt that anyone in the land could compete with you at this point in terms of wealth. Your own value cannot be measured in mere coins.
>The floor is made up of stone slabs that have been enchanted with the same defensive magicks as the walls.
>The ceiling is made up of stone slabs that have been enchanted with the same defensive magicks as the walls.
>You know that not much care was put into designing the dungeon layout, since the assumption was that the random changes to it would mean that any effort put into designing the actual maze was simply wasted. You are also one of the few people that know that the shifts in the labyrinth are not entirely random, since such a feat would have been far beyond the abilities of the magician tasked with enchanting the walls.
>There are approximately 12 different layouts that the labyrinth can choose from at random whenever it shifts once every three days. There is also a mechanism within the overseer's room to manually reset the labyrinth to its original layout that can be used in emergency situations.

>_
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:52:37 PM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »
>"What were the guards like? Unchallenging to you I'm assuming. "
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
>"What were the guards like? Unchallenging to you I'm assuming. "
>"You'd expect them to be better trained if they're working in a place like this. Only one of them even managed to notice us and put up something resembling a fight."

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
>How many species of person do we know of? Do automatons or golems exist?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2016, 08:08:05 PM »
>How many species of person do we know of? Do automatons or golems exist?
>The races that could be considered to be sentient are the humans, the beastmen, and the elves. Some would consider the demons to be sentient but, from your experience, they tend not to be particularly good customers.
>Golems exist as monsters in dungeons. They tend to be quite rare and filled with valuable materials.
>Nobody has succeeded in creating an automaton yet. You hope that your research and development team will be the first to achieve that feat.

>_
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:09:41 PM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Conqueror

« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2016, 02:46:41 AM »
>What do we know about Adustus in the hypothetical question it exists? How did we plan to subdue it and remove the scales?
>Who was the client and did we know anything about what their goal was?
>How did we get into this prison?
>What did we do while waiting?
>What was our original plan?
>Was anyone helping us with this plan? Do we know anyone in the dungeon who would be a potential ally or who might know anything?
>Do we know who the boss is? Do we know or recognise these two guys?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:04:08 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2016, 03:37:45 AM »
>What do we know about Adustus in the hypothetical question exists? How did we plan to subdue it and remove the scales?
>Who was the client and did we know anything about what their goal was?
>How did we get into this prison?
>What did we do while waiting?
>What was our original plan?
>Was anyone helping us with this plan? Do we know anyone in the dungeon who would be a potential ally or who might know anything?
>Do we know who the boss is? Do we know or recognise these two guys?
>It was a fire-breathing wyvern that terrorized several villages in the southern regions of the kingdom roughly two decades ago. Two villages and a squadron of knights lost their lives as the king felt that the issue could be handled without the help of that generation's hero.
>Eventually, the king asked the hero for help and the wyvern was captured. It was then brought into the dungeon to be studied by the king's researchers.
>The king, not wanting the people to realize that his pride had caused him to waste both lives and money spread misinformation regarding the wyvern until it was considered to be a simple fairy tale.
>The wyvern itself was not particularly powerful when compared to dragons and the like, what made this wyvern special were its scales. Grey in color, nobody, barring the previous generation's hero, has managed to find a way to reliably damage them.
>There should be plenty of samples from the wyvern in the research lab located at the entrance to the labyrinth. Given that some of the people who work there owe you much more than simply their lives, taking a few scales from them doesn't seem too difficult.
>You had seen the client multiple times, clinging to that mage, but had never dealt with her directly until that point. She was considered to be his most talented pupil, despite her lazy demeanor and refusal to do anything resembling work or study.
>You do not know what her goal was but something at the time told you that the end result would be amusing, profitable, or both.
>In order to get into the labyrinth, you asked for a favor from one of your old friends, N.
>N, or Nuri, is the head of the Black Talons, a mercenary group few have heard of, and helped to smuggle you into the prison.
>There wasn't much to do other than wait. You had already organized everything with your secretary regarding your absence beforehand.
>The original plan was to simply get into the prison, wait until you were freed, then take a short detour into one of the monster research labs before simply walking out.
>Other than N, who helped you to get into the prison and should also be helping to get you out, you have not involved anyone else in this plan. It's a simple and short one, after all. Your secretary should be more than capable of managing your business for two weeks.
>Of course you know who the boss, N, is.
>You've seen the red haired man delivering messages to N on occasion, you think he might be an instructor of some sort.
>The blonde haired man is unfamiliar to you.

>_
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:45:20 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Conqueror

« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »
>Do we know the way out?
>Do we know where we are?
>Do we know what direction we have to head in?
>Do we recognize the girl?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2016, 07:50:37 AM »
>Do we know the way out?
>Do we know where we are?
>Do we know what direction we have to head in?
>Do we recognize the girl?
>Of course you do, why would you get into a situation like this without planning your escape? You've committed the default layout of the labyrinth to your memory.
>You are currently approaching the entrance to the labyrinth.
>To reach the exit, you would simply have to continue following the direction you are already headed in.
>You feel as though you may have seen someone with similar features to the girl you met when interacting with the current generation's hero, but you aren't sure of this.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2016, 07:52:38 AM »
>How far are the monster research labs in our direction?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2016, 07:53:23 AM »
>How far are the monster research labs in our direction?
>It should take you about fifteen more minutes of walking to reach the entrance and, by extension, the monster research laboratory.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2016, 08:22:22 AM »
>Keep going

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2016, 08:30:51 AM »
>Keep going
>You continue walking forward.
>After about fifteen more minutes of walking, you find yourself standing in front of wooden door, which the red haired man rushes towards.
>"Hey, we made it to the entrance!"
>"Shut up, idiot. There might be people around now."
>To your right, you see another set of metal doors.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »
>Open metal doors

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2016, 08:35:02 AM »
>Open metal doors
>"Hey, that's not the right way."
>"Where the hell do you think you're going?"
>The woman is glancing quickly between you and your companions with a worried expression.
>You open the metal doors to reveal two very surprised looking men who appear to have been prodding a gelatinous object inside a cage with various apparatus.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »
>How difficult would it be to use subterfuge to disguise the nature of our upcoming "transaction" from our companions?  Are we skilled in such a thing?
>How difficult would it be to conduct the "transaction" in such a way to impress our companions by how powerful we are?
>What is the value of keeping the nature of the transaction (or its object) a secret from our companions, compared with the value of them being impressed?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2016, 08:43:36 PM »
>How difficult would it be to use subterfuge to disguise the nature of our upcoming "transaction" from our companions?  Are we skilled in such a thing?
>How difficult would it be to conduct the "transaction" in such a way to impress our companions by how powerful we are?
>What is the value of keeping the nature of the transaction (or its object) a secret from our companions, compared with the value of them being impressed?
>That would depend on how you would go about doing this.
>You are skilled in all manner of interactions with people, how else would you make money?
>That would depend on how you would go about doing this.
>That would depend on what you want to achieve.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2017, 09:57:45 PM »
>Use our powers of super quick analysis to take stock of the situation, including: how are our companions reacting, examine the men and what they are doing, examine the apparatus and the object and appraise them, and examine everything else in the laboratory including any spots where we might find what we are looking for and appraise all notable objects there as well within reason.
>Wherever possible, match the knowledge we've gained from our current analysis with knowledge we already possess about the dungeon, the research lab, and its employees and inhabitants.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2017, 10:26:39 PM »
>Use our powers of super quick analysis to take stock of the situation, including: how are our companions reacting, examine the men and what they are doing, examine the apparatus and the object and appraise them, and examine everything else in the laboratory including any spots where we might find what we are looking for and appraise all notable objects there as well within reason.
>Wherever possible, match the knowledge we've gained from our current analysis with knowledge we already possess about the dungeon, the research lab, and its employees and inhabitants.
>The blonde haired man has drawn his sword and is watching you carefully.
>The red haired man is moving around the back, trying to peek into the laboratory.
>The woman is at a loss on what to do.
>The two researchers appear to have been performing some sort of experiment on the slime. You aren't sure if their intent was purely academic, given the lack of any recording devices on their persons.
>The apparatus the researchers are using are magick conducting rods. The rods themselves aren't worth much, perhaps 30 silver pieces, but the gemstones embedded within them were where their true value lay.
>You would need to get closer to appraise the gemstones.
>The theme of the laboratory seems to be white. The walls, the floor, and the ceiling have all been painted white. In the corner of the room you see two white desks with mountains of papers stacked upon each.
>The desks look rather sturdy and the white aesthetic is rather striking, you could probably sell them for about 10 gold apiece.
>The back wall is lined with large cages that have been stacked on top of each other to fill the entire wallspace. Most of the cages are currently empty. Two of the cages seem to be being used for storage, you can see various bones, scales, skin, objects wrapped in cloth, and gemstones within them. You would need to get closer to appraise these.
>Lining another wall is another table with multiple glass apparatus and several pieces of paper scattered about. It currently does not appear to be in use. Each glass apparatus appears to be custom made, they would hold little value to the regular buyer.
>The two men must be the head researcher and his assistant. You've helped the head researcher on multiple occasions, most of the equipment in this room was made or procured by you.
>The head researcher is, for the most part, a mostly reasonable man. Though he can be overly enthusiastic about his work at times, to say the least.

>_
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:17:44 PM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Conqueror

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2017, 03:44:31 AM »
>Are we on friendly terms with the head researcher? If we outright asked him for scales, would he give them to us? Does he know about our plan?
>What do these people owe us -- how did we help them in the past?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2017, 04:59:20 AM »
>Are we on friendly terms with the head researcher? If we outright asked him for scales, would he give them to us? Does he know about our plan?
>What do these people owe us -- how did we help them in the past?
>On the occasions that you've interacted with him, the two of you got along fairly well.
>Probably, though you would most likely have to get him some materials again in the future.
>He does not, you didn't have a chance to get in contact with him beforehand.
>The head researcher owes you many things, you've helped him to obtain all manner of equipment, materials, and specimens for his research.
>While trading information with him, he was taught you what you know about the labyrinth's layout.
>You are unfamiliar with the assistant.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »
>Hold up a hand to the blonde man to indicate that he wait a bit.
>Tell him, "don't worry, I know these people. I just need something real quick and we'll be out like they never saw us."
>Turn to the researcher.
>"Hey, @InsertNameOfResearcherHere, long time no see. I need a bit of a favor."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »
>Hold up a hand to the blonde man to indicate that he wait a bit.
>Tell him, "don't worry, I know these people. I just need something real quick and we'll be out like they never saw us."
>Turn to the researcher.
>"Hey, @InsertNameOfResearcherHere, long time no see. I need a bit of a favor."
>The blonde haired man sighs.
>"This just keeps getting better and better..."
>You turn back towards the researcher, who seems to have lost interest in you and has turned back towards the slime.
>"I'm busy right now, what do you want?"
>The assistant is still staring at you and trying to say something to the head researcher, though no words are coming out.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2017, 04:19:34 AM »
>"I need a few scales from Adustus for a client. Assuming, of course, that you have any to spare. But only a few should be quite enough and it will let me continue to help your research activities in the future."
>"How is your research coming along by the way?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2017, 05:42:52 AM »
>"I need a few scales from Adustus for a client. Assuming, of course, that you have any to spare. But only a few should be quite enough and it will let me continue to help your research activities in the future."
>"How is your research coming along by the way?"
>"Help yourself, I'm pretty much done with anything involving that overgrown lizard."
>The researcher motions to his assistant.
>"Make yourself useful and go get him whatever he needs."
>"Are you sure? Shouldn't we be calling the gua-"
>"Hurry up."
>"... Whatever you say."
>The assistant turns towards you.
>"From Adustus, you said? How do you even know about... Actually, forget it. I don't want to know. How many scales do you need?"
>"Hmm? My research? It's pretty boring right now. Just waiting for an opportunity to actually test the stuff I've made."

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2017, 05:54:23 AM »
We need 15 scales.

>"I guess that depends on what size they are.  Let's take a look."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2017, 06:56:58 AM »
>"I guess that depends on what size they are.  Let's take a look."
>The assistant unlocks one of the cages before rummaging through the various items inside.
>After a few seconds, he pulls out a scale roughly half the size of his torso. It looks heavy.
>The assistant walks over and presents the scale to you.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2017, 01:45:58 AM »
>Did we know they were this big when we accepted the job?