Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 284337 times)

Huckebein

Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
nope doesnt seem to work like that maybe its becuz of windows 7?well the loading screens correct.......
Yeah, the loading screens are fine for me, but it refuses to get past that first cutscene.  I suppose it could just be the game doesn't like Windows 7.

(I'm trying so hard just to have anime girls do drive-bys.   :derp:)

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
hhahha same here Xd well if u used previous save games u can still use TAB+E to change Cjs skin....however peds remained the same though... :ohdear:

Huckebein

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
I can play unmodded San Andreas fine, but there's something with the mod that either the game or my computer doesn't like.  I can't find much on people having the game freeze at that first cutscene either, so I dunno.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: For whatever reason, it's working now.  Before when I'd try to use one of the model sets it wouldn't even load.  And now, maybe it's because of a mix of all the stuff I've done, it now loads the model set I choose and the game runs.  Go figure.

Nice mod!  Watching Okuu hit a fairy in the back of the head with a bat is hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:53:51 AM by Huckebein »

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 05:36:09 PM »
I'm running Windows 7 and everything works perfectly fine for me, so I don't know what to tell you about those errors.
The only problem I had was that at first the only thing that was changed was the model sets and I think the radios.
Spellcards and character model and other stuff wouldn't work.
I was able to fix this by downloading and installing a fresh cleo.asi, over the one included. It made everything work.
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Huckebein

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
I'm running Windows 7 and everything works perfectly fine for me, so I don't know what to tell you about those errors.
The only problem I had was that at first the only thing that was changed was the model sets and I think the radios.
Spellcards and character model and other stuff wouldn't work.
I was able to fix this by downloading and installing a fresh cleo.asi, over the one included. It made everything work.
I think what helped me is I copied the Steam files to another location for a separate install.  I've got it working now, too.  I haven't tried any of the spell cards yet.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
This mod alone convinced me to buy San Andreas for PC. The game makes a lot less sense this way, but on the flip side it's hilarious (beheading fairies, Ibuki Gourd grenades, strange dates, being able to eat 10 large pizzas at once without any fat gain, etc.)

I also have the Steam version (running on Windows 7 64-bit), and for those of you having problems with it you'll have to replace the "gta_sa.exe" with a modded version 1 executable (not helping here). No need to move the San Andreas files to another directory - I have my install running from the default Steam one, and it runs properly from the Steam launcher. Models, spellcards, etc. work properly.

Also, Steam version users will need to use version 2 saves, even though a version 1 executable is used. Version 1 save games will crash the game - different file and memory addresses perhaps?

Lastly (for any version of this game), switch to the CJ model when trying to improve muscle, fat, or lung capacity. This is already implied in the included readme, but it took me a while to figure out why my character (usually Marisa, Cirno, or MoF Aya) would not get any stronger after a bunch of gym sessions, or why they couldn't gain more breath after swimming around San Fierro.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Huckebein

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 09:05:38 PM »
My game seems to be working fine using the saves from the version 1 executable, but that might be because I have it under the exceptions list for the DEP.  Sounds like a memory address problem, yeah.

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 12:31:53 AM »
Thanks alot guys i finally got it working!very nice mod XD

Huckebein

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »
Thanks alot guys i finally got it working!very nice mod XD
High fives all around.

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 12:41:40 AM »
High fives all around.
Thanks alot to you too.Helped me figure out  :D

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 12:49:29 AM »
High fives all around.

Indeed.

Tried to replace the modded executable to get v1 saves to work, but they didn't. However, I found it interesting that with this mod, the pre-menu introductory image (with the character silhouettes) shows up properly on US region executables, while the EU one retains the original.  ???

DEP exceptions didn't work for v1 saves - it still crashes. Stick with v2 ones when getting saves online, and (if posting them) make note of that.

EDIT: Fixed the quote tag above since I realized I messed it up the first time around.
EDIT2 (actually 3): Make sure San Andreas is set to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" compatibility mode before running it in Win7. Otherwise spellcards are much more likely to crash the game.
EDIT4: Edit history showed an older name. Strange.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:35:55 PM by Heavy Weapons ➈ »
Bad command or file name

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »
Spellcards work fine and the game runs perfectly crash-free for me without any sort of compatibility settings. Just sayin'.

Huckebein

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »
Spellcards work fine and the game runs perfectly crash-free for me without any sort of compatibility settings. Just sayin'.
Then clearly you're not pushing things to the limit.

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
What limit have you been pushing it to? :V

Huckebein

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »
What limit have you been pushing it to? :V
Killing myself sometimes when I cast Fantasy Seal.

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 08:44:41 AM »
First of all, I would like to thank you for this mod; currently trying to acquire GTA for it.

However, I would like to ask...

Alright, here's the version 1.5 update. I'll work on updating the original uploads with this as well, but for now you'll need to download this and the base mod placed in the first post.

Additions:
Added Momiji to the MoF model set
Added Momiji and Mugetsu to the player skin changer
Changed most of the billboards
Changed the graffiti
Changed two songs in the Liz Triangle radio station (place the file NJ in audio\streams in your GTA main folder)

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=00G2WTJO
Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNQGV8IB
Part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LEZV5BRM
Part 4: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KS2KGLNE
Part 5: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AHJRG0HV
Part 6: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZGW56XAE
Part 7: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TU0CDIDY

...Have these updates already been incorporated into the original downloads, or do I still need to download them separately?

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
First of all, I would like to thank you for this mod; currently trying to acquire GTA for it.

...Have these updates already been incorporated into the original downloads, or do I still need to download them separately?
Not yet, but I'm working on getting them and making a updated torrent with them in it

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »

The Megaupload downloads in the first post have those updates included already. The torrent does not.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2011, 07:01:35 PM »
As I have mentioned before, this mod is a lot of fun and I'll give my thanks for this.

One of the more strange things I've noted, though, was that when the micro SMGs are on hitman level with this mod, everything I shoot at dies really quickly. This is especially apparent with most vehicles, which will blow up within four bullets. Due to these crazily high-powered weapons, it was annoying to perform drive-bys against other vehicles since they would blow up in my face and have my car or bike explode shortly after :(

I found out that in the "weapons.dat" file that they dealt an absurd 999 damage with 999 range (not to mention the lack of clips), making them easily the most powerful weapons in the game when leveled properly. I wonder if this adjustment was intentional?

There's also a few invisible walls here and there, notably on the large avenue where the Ammu-Nation is in western Los Santos. It might just be my files, though.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 07:12:07 PM »
The micro SMGs are Sakuya's throwing knives, right? My computer is having severe issues right now, so I can't check.

If so, that's just how the mod came when I found it. I didn't personally alter the data in the weapons.dat file, aside from what was required for the mods. The original creator must have wanted them to be that powerful.

As for the invisible walls, I haven't encountered any myself. It must be your files.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
Yeah, but the Tec-9 was affected as well. Those were the only two weapons to have a difference from the stock settings.

I'll try adjusting the files to fix the invisible wall issue.

EDIT: Turns out it was the completed save file I obtained online. No idea what was in it, but it kept creating some invisible barrier which didn't exist in new games or those I was playing through. Time to find another one or finish the game again (I hate the flying mission), I guess.
EDIT2: Found another 100% save file that works and doesn't have this issue. Another addition to the v1/v2 save issue I mentioned earlier - some v2 saves are converted v1 ones and thus may result in various errors such as invisible walls and fall-through floors.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:03:08 PM by iPad Kernel Panic...? »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
The Megaupload downloads in the first post have those updates included already. The torrent does not.

Thank you very much for reply.

Now I only have to wait for my order and hope that these Mods will work with half-translated version of GTA I will be getting...

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 08:18:39 AM »
Why don't you mod G.T.A. IV ?
HDR and Normal-mapping make Touhou character more realistic.

Huckebein

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »
This is just a collection of mods by other people; Squid didn't actually make any of this.

Also I can't imagine that GTA IV is terribly easy to mod.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

That would sound nice, but IIRC there are no Touhou mods for GTA IV yet, nor is there a real incentive to make one.
Also, IMO the Touhou content better complements the cartoony worlds in the GTA III era games (III, VC, SA) rather than the more serious and realistic one featured in IV and its DLC.

This is just a collection of mods by other people; Squid didn't actually make any of this.

Also I can't imagine that GTA IV is terribly easy to mod.

GTA IV and its expansion episodes are not that hard to modify. I had less trouble with these than the Steam version of GTA: SA, actually. Didn't have to hunt down a modded executable, for one, and the mods (mostly trainers) I use work with the latest patches.

Now running it on most PCs, on the other hand....  :ohdear:
Bad command or file name

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 04:45:50 AM »
hey guy, i want to make custom Touhou skin for ped by my own, but i got problem about Sweet, Big Smoke, Ryder, etc... (main character). I don't know their file name in gta3.img. If you know, please tell me.
P/s: sorry for my bad english
Never mind. I'd found them. Sorry to be a bother
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:01:49 AM by Athrun Zala »

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »
Great thing this should be, and a real reason for playing through gta (not my kind of games) but - are thewre the installation instructions? TXDwoks? Or is everything just copied to the main game folder?
A wandering Russian newbie.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
Just copy everything into the game folder, overwriting anything in the process.
In addition to that:
  • Rename the original "gta3.img" to something else, select your preferred model pack, and rename that to "gta3.img".
  • "you need to copy the two .dll's from the folder ./CLEO/ASI_Loader to the games root folder" - GBZero
  • You will need a version 1 executable (search it online). Replace "gta-sa.exe" with that if you have a version 2 or later one (this includes the Steam version, and that one will also need version 2 saves)
  • The micro SMGs (Tec-9. Micro SMG/throwing knives) are absurdly powerful on Hitman difficulty (choppers go down in two shots). You may want to keep your original "weapons.dat" just in case.
  • I don't think it works with the Mac version, due to the recent release and different memory management approaches between Windows and Mac OS X. Then again, I haven't tested it either.
  • Read some of the other posts here for a few other notes while playing this mod.

Have fun!
Bad command or file name

Tempest

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »
This caught my interest. For obvious reasons.

I could add to this... I have a modified american.gxt file with customized criminal rating ranks. Go check my page on the Grand Theft Wiki for the full list. It reminds me of the previous TGTA projects I had... namely transforming the user track station into a full-fledged radio through the use of good music and voice clips...

my god am I back on MotK? Sure feels odd.

Squidtentacle: Can I add you to MSN. If you're into Touhou GTA, so am I and quite deeply.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:34:38 PM by Tempest »

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »
I tried to apply this mod, but I encountered a problem: while the mod changes everyone's appearance in the game, I can't change my own character's appearance (I tried to apply Imperishable Night pack, and while my character is Kaguya in the cutscenes, "she" reverts back to Carl's appearance in the game itself). And, yes, I've read the readme about how to change the character's skin, did exactly as it told, and it doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem and how to get around it?