Author Topic: [Music] Vanikoro Makes Music, Sometimes.  (Read 1664 times)

Vanikoro

• A series of interesting decisions.
[Music] Vanikoro Makes Music, Sometimes.
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »
Hey all. So in my free time, I write music. Every once in a while, I will do what I call a "speed run remix" to keep my musical outlook fresh while at the same time, force me to trust my instincts since I am forcing myself to complete a song in a small amount of time.

I recently remixed Nuclear Fusion with a deadline of two days. I noticed one section of the music I really enjoyed, so I tried to emphasize that part in my remix. Other than that, this was a speed run, so I have a few things I could change looking back after a day or so. But anyway, it was fun to make, so I hope you all enjoy it!

Nuclear Fusion Mix.mp3

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
Re: [Music] Vanikoro Makes Music, Sometimes.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:29:44 AM »
It's a pretty good remix. :3

At around 1:00, the violin is really like.

The only things I want to pick out is that the metal percussions are a bit too loud.  I think it's better to position them just behind the kicks, because it just becomes noise when it competes with the other instruments.

1:53 could be a bit better though. If you added a little more intense instruments at that part, it would be epic.

Also I noted some weird note velocity changes, it would be soft one moment and then loud the next.

But since it's a speed remix, some mistakes are acceptable--and this is a good mix. :3
Hope to see more from you soon. XD