Author Topic: [Music + Art] Atelier Album Project Submissions  (Read 56056 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: [Music + Art] Atelier Album Project Submissions
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2010, 06:03:16 AM »
(click to enlarge)

Um, still in progress. Gonna ink this and take it to a graphic to scan it, since it's in A3, then color it.

Also that goddamn shoe. I'll see if I can fix that.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »
Legacy. I might craft something for you.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

NamelessLegacy happily jumps around

FYI, I have currently pictured the following structure:
Intro (maybe some narration, I'll just adjust the composition to fit)
-> Verse 1 (0:11 - 1:32). This is where the rapping goes. However, I'm still unsure if we should include lyrics at the bridge part starting at 1:21, so you might just leave this part without lyrics
-> Chorus (1:32 -> 2:06). This should be sung, so the lyrics should fit the melody played by that synth instrument. Some bits of rapping here and there (recorded as a second voice underneath the singing) may be nice
-> Verse 2. Around the same length.
-> Chorus 2. It's up to you if this gets the same or different lyrics than the first one.
-> Bridge. I'm still completely unsure about this, maybe I have to throw in a different source track (yes, you may request one), since Infinite Nightmare's arrange potential will already be exhausted at that point, so write whatever and how much you like, rapped or sung.
-> Chorus 3... at this point, I have to come up with something nice to not make it sound too generic. Guess I can do the lyrics for this and the ending myself then.

If you need more or less space somewhere, that's also no problem, we'll manage that somehow.

tbh, though, it sounds more like ambience than hip hop. Maybe R & B
Oh really. I tried to make this dark, hoping that this will make it sound like gangsta rap automatically, but I guess my style made it way too soft for that. Well, I said I don't know much about hip hop in general...
Guess "ambience" is the one way to describe my style after all.

Don't take it that way, I actually found your melody quite catchy. Only a joke. And if I could write lyrics/sing I would certainly help.
Sigh. Well then, guess my effort did pay off~

Also that goddamn shoe. I'll see if I can fix that.
I don't see anything wrong with it. But that head seems a bit too small compared to the rest of the body, does it? Could also be that I'm not accustomed to realistic body proportions anymore. Otherwise, it's great.

NamelessLegacy continues working on that arrange
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:05:18 AM by NamelessLegacy »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with it. But that head seems a bit too small compared to the rest of the body, does it? Could also be that I'm not accustomed to realistic body proportions anymore. Otherwise, it's great.
this is exactly what i wanted to say. exactly.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2010, 05:15:44 PM »
Yeah, the head is a bit too realistic :/
                                                                                   .

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
From which composition are you talking about?
You were talking about Lost Dream, Broken Dream, so that might be it :3

Art shouldn't be rushed. ;P
Yeah, as a perfectionist, I agree on this statement.
I kinda said that to boost up some kind of motivation to people, if it ever did, and remind them of the deadline =w=
Fuck, I haven't even started.
See? Haku reacted (edit), and has made his first art! xD (erm, no ill intent :ohdear)

Speaking of deadline,
7 DAYS LEFT BEFORE SUBMISSION JUDGEMENT DAY!!!
...or something :3

How can be who give songs and no even a little art?
... *feels guilty for not having the skill to draw nicely* ;_;

Uwaaah, VIVI, that art, it's...it gives off this certain serene feeling~ ?D

NamelessLegacy:
Infinite Nightmare! NamelessLegacy, I love you na~<3
...*ahem* Setting aside my instant love for Infinite Nightmare, I also love it as an arrange itself, especially that arrange-exclusive melody from [0:35] to [0:58] :*

Infinite Nightmare's drumbeats gave off that kind of hip-hop feeling for you, I bet :3. To be honest though, it doesn't sound hip-hop much just yet, for me at least. I think it's missing a few hip-hop elements, but I'm not sure what it is given my lack of hip-hop listening; that, or the totality of the music isn't letting me hear its hip-hop-ness. To be accurate, it only sounds hip-hop-ish from [1:32] to [1:55], not to mention Infinite Nightmare already has that hip-hop rhythm of a drumbeats.
Looking forward to you finishing it and give you more hearts~<3! :3

Well said. Like hip-hop, despite my unliking to heavy metal in general, a few melody that floats around my composer side kinda wants to do heavy metal of some kind, too =w=

Vocal? Oh! Count me i---oh wait, I don't rap and am unable to speak fast and clear :ohdear:... But eh, couldn't hurt to try :3
...Now I'm compelled to continue my instrumentals for Bad Apple and sing-record for it myself D: (...wouldn't re-singing an already-made song copyright infringement, though?)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:06:34 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »
Speaking of deadline,
7 DAYS LEFT BEFORE SUBMISSION JUDGEMENT DAY!!!
...or something :3

Dude fucking fuck aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's still just half-inked and I have 3 exams the next 5 days, and I'm doing it on A3 so I have to take it somewhere to scan and then I have to color it and I'll be travelling to s?o paulo(8 hours by bus, 1 hour by plane to come back straight to college) for the entire monday and tuesday
Can I get 2 or 3 more days? ;-;

Also how will the piece selection happen?
Also I really think we need a PV of sorts to make the project as popular as possible.
                                                                                   .

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »
Urgh, this is kinda tough.

Formless God

« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
Now let's see if I can manage to color this shit within one week

:ohdear:

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »
Now let's see if I can manage to color this shit within one week

:ohdear:

It's perfect as is. Monochrome is best chrome.
Let me back into CPMC :|

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2010, 11:38:14 PM »
Nah, FG's coloring is awesome. I'd love to see that piece finished.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2010, 11:41:25 PM »
Nah, FG's coloring is awesome. I'd love to see that piece finished.

Meh. I always thought his style was a bit excessive, and I prefer his linearts more anyways. Maybe thicken some lines or something.

Also, for once the head isn't gigantic. And the angle is nice, too. Best work I've seen from you, Formless.

« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2010, 03:30:19 AM »
First off, thanks for that reply, Lloyd. Always appreciate walls of text, even the smaller ones~

Infinite Nightmare's drumbeats gave off that kind of hip-hop feeling for you, I bet :3.
This and it's for ZUN standards unusually simple piano riff.

...*ahem* Setting aside my instant love for Infinite Nightmare, I also love it as an arrange itself, especially that arrange-exclusive melody from [0:35] to [0:58] :*
That was the result of me playing around with the first two bars of the source, so it's not too exclusive, and rather should contain quite a level of fanservice, especially for people who love the source like you do. So far, everyone seems to love it, and I really should include it more than once... But the second verse currently seems to be going into a completely different direction, even further away from what is usually considered to sound like hip-hop... and it doesn't really fit anymore...

To be honest though, it doesn't sound hip-hop much just yet, for me at least. I think it's missing a few hip-hop elements, but I'm not sure what it is given my lack of hip-hop listening
Wait, let me pick apart this argument for a moment. It does not sound like something you didn't listen to? And if I add the usual sentiment of "hip-hop = dumb" (not that I'm thinking this is your opinion in particular), it is not sounding dumb enough to be labeled as hip-hop? Oh wow. Thanks for the compliment.
Well, from my repeated listening to that sample, I guess it's lacking some fat saw waves and way more bass in the final mix.

To be accurate, it only sounds hip-hop-ish from [1:32] to [1:55]
... or more of those silly scratches.
But well, I guess if anyone wants to listen to a hip-hop arrange, that person would still be more than satisfied with this one. Even if it sounds more ambient.

Vocal? Oh! Count me i---oh wait, I don't rap and am unable to speak fast and clear :ohdear:... But eh, couldn't hurt to try :3
Does this mean I can indeed count you in? :3

At this point, I want to make clear that this arrange should bring across a sense of community. You can still apply for lyrics and vocals, I'll make sure to integrate everything somehow.
except for Ubiquitial's troll contribution, of course

...Now I'm compelled to continue my instrumentals for Bad Apple and sing-record for it myself D: (...wouldn't re-singing an already-made song copyright infringement, though?)
If by "Bad Apple" you mean "Alstroemeria Records' arrange of said song", then yes, probably. It somewhat saddens me that this arrange, due to it's huge popularity, seems to already have become the source itself (just see Kommisar's arrange), with the original (that is, Lotus Land Story Stage 3) still being as forgotten as the rest of PC-98. Yes, it is a great song, but it's not the Bad Apple ZUN composed.

Also I really think we need a PV of sorts to make the project as popular as possible.
As much as I'd love to see a PV of my arrange, choosing any single track for a PV wouldn't be very representative for the album as a whole.
Guess the most fair option would be a slideshow kind of thing with all the submitted artwork and short, crossfaded samples of every song (with the latter being somewhat of a standard for doujin albums anyway).

*jawdrop* This is awesome.
Man, so many great artwork contributions. Choosing a cover surely will be hard...

Also, being the slacker that I am: Squidtentacle, could you please specify an exact deadline time, complete with UTC time zone?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:40:26 AM by NamelessLegacy »

« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2010, 03:38:11 AM »
As much as I'd love to see a PV of my arrange, choosing any single track for a PV wouldn't be very representative for the album as a whole.
Guess the most fair option would be a slideshow kind of thing with all the submitted artwork and short, crossfaded samples of every song (with the latter being somewhat of a standard for doujin albums anyway).

Animation is too hard, try shadow puppets.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »
                                                                                   .

« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2010, 05:33:13 AM »
Response in the debate thread.

Debate thread?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2010, 05:36:01 AM »
The sticky. We shouldn't be discussing ideas here, or everything becomes a mess.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2010, 05:37:44 AM »
The sticky. We shouldn't be discussing ideas here, or everything becomes a mess.

We should also take old art from the archives.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2010, 05:38:43 AM »
What old art?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2010, 05:39:46 AM »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2010, 05:45:16 AM »
Oh well, but I assumed anyone could post any of their art from the start lol.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2010, 05:46:48 AM »
Oh well, but I assumed anyone could post any of their art from the start lol.

Well, it's old, they might have forgotten. I say, we go through the old threads, pick out any gems, and use that in our project. Of course, we'll have to ask for permission first. This is supposed to represent the best of MotK, is it not? And there's plenty of good stuff no one has even considered.

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2010, 08:07:44 AM »
Mokou in suit:

I really hope this project goes well and become an annual event or something.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2010, 04:14:12 PM »
Man, that looks awesome :o
                                                                                   .

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2010, 01:35:48 AM »
Okay, inking done.
(click to enlarge)       (also lolphonecamera)

We're all half expecting half the city not to open tomorrow due to the drug war, but I'll try to get it scanned anyway.
She's craving for color.
                                                                                   .

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2010, 04:14:58 AM »
@Time is running out
Don't mind the clock, guys. Just keep the pace going. XD
Art submissions are becoming more frequent, I observe.
Delicious, delicious drawings.

...man, am I hungry today...

Shattered Fleur de Lis
Uploaded the final version of my second Iris remix via ninja update. The one in this post is also changed.

Also decided to add my first Iris remix to my submissions.
Iris

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:18:34 AM by Anunsew »

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2010, 02:59:20 AM »
Here are two drawings I finished for the art entries. Yeah, I know they are not that good because I wanted to finish some other drawings too.

Full ver: http://a.yfrog.com/img826/1230/lk7.png

Full ver: http://a.yfrog.com/img408/1349/dii.png

Formless God

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2010, 07:29:50 AM »
Just dropping in to let you guys know ... I'm trashing the pic back in page 1, so if for some reason I don't finish this new one in time, consider there's no submission from me.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
:(

I say we get bonus days :V
                                                                                   .

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2010, 12:22:35 AM »
I almost completely forgot I had a WIP submission. I finished it but I'm not quite happy with it, I could've done better but I had to do it in a hurry for the deadline.

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2010, 08:02:54 AM »
Far East Hourai Illusion

A mix of Hourai Illusion. I wished I had more time to polish this...