Author Topic: [Art] The Oncoming Storm Sketches  (Read 1758 times)

[Art] The Oncoming Storm Sketches
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
So, since I was suffering from a mild case of writer's block a short while ago, I decided to try my hand in visualizing what I was writing about. For now, I'm concentrating on making various uniforms for the Lunarian Defense Corps for every kind of terrain and environment I can think of. Some of them might even hint at future chapters and battles. To start off, I wanted to get feedback on the first drawing I made. I apologize for the somewhat low quality, I've never really been good at coloring and shadows. For the LDC, I want to give them a bit of style with their uniforms, so I looked at some of the better ones throughout history. It might be difficult to see, but the overall color was supposed to be a grey with the belt and boots being black. I appreciate all feedback.

[attach=1]

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: [Art] The Oncoming Storm Sketches
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:12:58 AM »
How do they wear hats if they have bunny ears?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:55:36 PM »
How do they wear hats if they have bunny ears?

I was thinking of the Lunarians more than the moon rabbits when I made this. But I did some research and learned that rabbits can fold their ears to show emotions. I never really thought about it before so that came as a little bit of a surprise because most of the time I see a rabbit, I'm chasing it out of my garden. I was planning on having the moon rabbits fold their ears so they can wear the service cap and blend in with the mostly Lunarian officer corps. I think i saw some helmets in SSiB with holes in them, but I don't think that would work too good with service caps. 

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 02:36:26 AM »
So, with another case of writer's block, I decided to do something different. Since the story will have its fair amount of tanks, it made sense to me to see if I could have something tangible to write about. The first model I made was of the Porsche Tiger, or sometimes known as the Tiger (P). This one will be the one that Sakuya will use most often as commander and sometimes gunner. It might not be much, but it did help me write and imagine some parts that I was having trouble with.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:30 AM »
Another short sketch I did in my free time. This one is the standard bearer from the LDC's ill fated 195th Regiment of Foot. Made with an incomplete pack of colored pencils.