Author Topic: [ART REQUEST] The Time of TSO has Come! {THE END}  (Read 3929 times)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
[ART REQUEST] The Time of TSO has Come! {THE END}
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »
-And that's why Angelica never leaves the eyes of the mighty Helvetica-

Today is the 17th of July. For most people, it's just another normal day. But we are not most people. We are MotK! We celebrate the happiness of one lady who has been pushing the boat out for us, and keeping control when things get out of hand for such a long time! And we will make this day count! The clock is ticking, my friends. Let us begin...

Some of you may recall that last year, I asked for people to take a stab at the precious mascots of our site for future shenanigans / promotions. Quite the number of you threw up some stuff; and some friends of mine have been throwing me the odd picture via FB too. As it stands, the folder I'm compiling looks something like this...

Impressive, yes. But I know we can provide more for this beautiful cause. And this time round, there is no Weekly Social running. Which means the chance to increase the numbers is greater than ever~ XD

And so, we begin with the initial phase of reminding you who we are talking about : {Seeing as this is a continuation after all, the thread from last year can be found by clicking these words. }

I will make sure to provide the original character sheets at the bottom of this post as well, after learning from last time round. So the aim? Provide more artwork of Triela, Henrietta, and Angelica. Remember, you don't have to stick to their original attire. If you can think of an attire that would match their character (or just want to do like a genre-twist and put them in a different setting) then go for it; just remember to always think about the character.

However, one does not simply repeat stuff from last year. See that girl telling off the mascots? (Well, 2 of them, anyway~ :V ) That girl is responsible for them; she is who they report to. It's the birthday girl herself, and something tells me it could be interesting to see how that develops. And seeing as many of you have had experiences / talked with the mistress of the forum, it could be fairly easy to put her into art form. So as a bonus, anyone wanting to draw her, whether on her own, or interacting with any/all of the mascots, go for it. Any take on the red maid dress is suitable, and the same goes for her hair style. (Pictures a pony-tail and swoons.) But please, please, PLEASE, keep her SFW. I will get yelled at something chronic if anyone tries something too revealing~  :ohdear:

So in short, you have 4 characters to play around with here; and maybe more if you want to pair them with other characters. (Like Aoshi did by featuring Koakuma with Angelica last year.) Leave your pictures here, and let the collection grow even bigger. I say let this run for 2 weeks; so the deadline is the 31st of July. Once it crosses that Thursday, and into Friday the 1st on my end, I will be slamming the hammer down REGARDLESS OF YOUR COMPLAINING! Being strict this time; two weeks should be more than enough time, you hear me. May hand out titles while I'm at it (if allowed permission), and maybe if any of the actual staff members (forever stuck in the Hierarchy) want to throw in prizes and temptations for inspiration, they can do so too.

And here are the character sheets for the 3 MotK Mascots :

Triela

Henrietta

Angelica

{Information for the above characters}

Triela - the no-nonsense miko

Triela represents the server that handles the main workload of the forum. Her character is that of a strict all business - no nonsense mature woman, and she dresses in a miko-outfit (because of our address "shrinemaiden.org").
The glasses help to express her strict character, but they aren't a necessity, she may very well not wear them. (For certain things.)
If you decide to use her base hairstyle, keep in mind that it's part of a clever detail, with her hair + her earring spelling out the letters SMF (the forum-software MotK runs on).
---

Henrietta - the goofball adventurer

Henrietta represents MotK's game server, which runs our (amongst other things) our battle.net, UT-server and Nethack.
Thus Henrietta's character is that of a goofy and carefree young girl.
She often goes out on adventures, which should be represented in her outfit. Consequently she doesn't usually wear fancy clothes, but rather practical ones, fit for exploring.
Big pockets, gloves, and boots are very fitting for her character. (But of course, with how broad the genres are being stepped for this art-dump, you can do your best to match these in whatever area you delve into.)
---

Angelica - the mad scienctist and science experiment

Angelica represents the test-server of MotK, a place where new stuff can be tested out without the danger of breaking something important.
Consequently it was decided that her character would be that of a mad scientist as well as a crazy experimental mix-up of parts, which is exactly what her design right now is as well.
The basic idea is that Angelica usually lives kept away in a cage-like box. Is it to keep her away from others? Is it actually her secret laboratory? No one knows! (We have had a comic strip from Gappy exploring the box as her living quarters; so seriously, have fun with it!)
Angelica herself has a number of features: First of all, she usually wears a crazed look on her face. Under her clothes she also hides two extra arms, amounting to a total of four, perfect for working on complicated experiments. Are those natural arms or prosthetics? It's up to you artists to decide! (A lot of the art we've had for her so far hasn't really shown her with 4 arms. Because of the nature of how open this social is, this could be a perfect time for people to do that with. But again, it's whatever you can come up with. And two arms are easier to draw~ :V )
It has also been decided that Angelica should have multi-colored hair similar to that in the third sketch, as well as "options" that always follow her around wherever she goes. Their functions are as of now unknown. (Formless set the hair tone up nicely with that; so providing you keep the style, the colours can be what you want, seeing as she IS a test server. The little orbs can either be present or not present. Depends on what you're going for~ )
Lastly her clothes have random lines of code scribbled all over them.
---

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TSO!
AND HAVE FUN, EVERYONE!

{Had a slight issue with the link back to last year's thread. Link has been fixed since; sorry about that~ XD }

Werepuppy

• So fluffy, many wag, much bark. wow.
  • Furries invading Gensoyko!
Re: [ART REQUEST] The Time of TSO has Come! {Social/Party}
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »
Took me a few days to get this done, but here we go!
I can't draw humans, so I turned them into wolves. ~

http://werepuppy.deviantart.com/art/Birthday-gift-469164434

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:11:57 AM »
Currently working on something for this.  Hopefully I get it finished to my satisfaction...
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 11:01:46 AM »
Okay then everyone... so far we have...

One entry~  :ohdear:

A healthy reminder to any of you out there that there are (roughly) 5-6 days to go on this. Our mascots need more love, and I know TSO will be very happy to see any sort of art for these three; after all, the plan is to get them shown on the forum a lot more. Remember, if Puppy can make them all wolves, you can do anything~ XD

But yeah, please spread the word. I don't know if people are on holiday, busy with other stuff, or plain not interested. (I guess the latter as no one has commented in here at all bar Puppy's picture, and Jq.) Anything would be nice at this point.

Thank you all~ <3

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »
Are there descriptions of the mascots' roles and personalities anywhere?

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 06:23:17 PM »
*Digs into the threads linked in OP to paste it up*

Triela - the no-nonsense miko

Triela represents the server that handles the main workload of the forum. Her character is that of a strict all business - no nonsense mature woman, and she dresses in a miko-outfit (because of our address "shrinemaiden.org").
The glasses help to express her strict character, but they aren't a necessity, she may very well not wear them. (For certain things.)
If you decide to use her base hairstyle, keep in mind that it's part of a clever detail, with her hair + her earring spelling out the letters SMF (the forum-software MotK runs on).
---

Henrietta - the goofball adventurer

Henrietta represents MotK's game server, which runs our (amongst other things) our battle.net, UT-server and Nethack.
Thus Henrietta's character is that of a goofy and carefree young girl.
She often goes out on adventures, which should be represented in her outfit. Consequently she doesn't usually wear fancy clothes, but rather practical ones, fit for exploring.
Big pockets, gloves, and boots are very fitting for her character. (But of course, with how broad the genres are being stepped for this art-dump, you can do your best to match these in whatever area you delve into.)
---

Angelica - the mad scienctist and science experiment

Angelica represents the test-server of MotK, a place where new stuff can be tested out without the danger of breaking something important.
Consequently it was decided that her character would be that of a mad scientist as well as a crazy experimental mix-up of parts, which is exactly what her design right now is as well.
The basic idea is that Angelica usually lives kept away in a cage-like box. Is it to keep her away from others? Is it actually her secret laboratory? No one knows! (We have had a comic strip from Gappy exploring the box as her living quarters; so seriously, have fun with it!)
Angelica herself has a number of features: First of all, she usually wears a crazed look on her face. Under her clothes she also hides two extra arms, amounting to a total of four, perfect for working on complicated experiments. Are those natural arms or prosthetics? It's up to you artists to decide! (A lot of the art we've had for her so far hasn't really shown her with 4 arms. Because of the nature of how open this social is, this could be a perfect time for people to do that with. But again, it's whatever you can come up with. And two arms are easier to draw~ :V )
It has also been decided that Angelica should have multi-colored hair similar to that in the third sketch, as well as "options" that always follow her around wherever she goes. Their functions are as of now unknown. (Formless set the hair tone up nicely with that; so providing you keep the style, the colours can be what you want, seeing as she IS a test server. The little orbs can either be present or not present. Depends on what you're going for~ )
Lastly her clothes have random lines of code scribbled all over them.
---

There we go. Hope that helps~ XD

Jq1790

Re: [ART REQUEST] The Time of TSO has Come! {DEADLINE NEAR!}
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 04:31:52 AM »
I know I said I'd have this in a couple days ago, I'm soooryyyyy!  I had to find the 'spark' if you will, to finish it up, or at least get it to where I'm happy enough with it to put it here.  Apologies for it not being better quality.  No access to a scanner right now...

Also note for TSO given this topic's for stuff for her birthday and such...

Thanks for all your hard work taking care of the forum and we residents of it, and I hope you enjoyed your birthday~!

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:57 PM »
It's not much, but for what it's worth, here's mine.

Angelica's picture is so much more chaotic than the others'... <:^I

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »
Oh wow~ XD

Glad to see these; and so cool as well. Many thanks for posting these up here, you two. You can join Puppy on the cool list~

As a healthy reminder to all those who haven't seen this yet, or are currently working on something, the deadline is at the end of tomorrow! If you have anything on the go, please remember to fling it up here as soon as possible.

(If enough people ask for a little more time, I may extend by a little. It depends how strict I'm feeling~)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:18:57 AM »
How many more hours is the end of today?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 08:27:26 AM »
For me, it's the 1st of August now~

However, I can't really drop the hammer when I'm about to shoot off for work. So if you have anything you want to put forward, I'd highly recommend doing so in the next 5 hours~

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 03:49:45 PM »

Was going to add animation, but not too good at animations or pixel art
edit: Wait was this technically a birthday thread? Happy Birthday
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:00:41 PM by Mea »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: [ART REQUEST] The Time of TSO has Come! {THE END}
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 12:21:50 AM »
And BAH DOM!

Hammer has dropped.

IT IS DONE!

4 of you have managed to submit stuff. I will get back to you (in this thread and possibly PMs too) with the end result... once I get in touch with the higher ups. Can't give out anything if I don't have permission~ :V

Waiting time~ <3

Jq1790

Re: [ART REQUEST] The Time of TSO has Come! {THE END}
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 12:40:27 AM »
And BAH DOM!

Hammer has dropped.

IT IS DONE!

4 of you have managed to submit stuff. I will get back to you (in this thread and possibly PMs too) with the end result... once I get in touch with the higher ups. Can't give out anything if I don't have permission~ :V

Waiting time~ <3
Eh, rewards are nice, but showing gratefulness to our lovely admin is te real aim, is it not?  = )