Author Topic: Scroll of Phantasm (An AWA Style scroll in progress and in dire need of help)  (Read 3306 times)

First of all I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post since I am completely new to this forum. If it is, please move it to the proper forums.

Hello MoTK. My name's Jerry and I am the leader of an AWA Styled scroll project called Scroll of Phantasm. We are based in Malaysia and are currently doing our best to make this project a reality for a special convention that is not only your standard Anime convention but also contains a special Touhou section called AniMangaKi. At the moment we have plenty of artists working on the characters which is a good thing. Early on we decided to make it so that only Malaysian artists can enter this project but in the end we decided to increase the scale of it to the SEA region. Thankfully it worked so far. We've sorted and gave our artists the characters to draw based on a priority system that we have made. We are progressing as we speak at the moment.  Our current deadline is late June 2014 and work have started since late April. Progress is progress without problems to go along with it.

We are lacking background artists. This is one major problem that we are facing right now and we are, well scared to be honest. I personally have asked the Touhou Sub-reddit but the response is rather poor (Although there are two person who wishes to volunteer) and we have no idea where else to search for background artists. This is somewhat my last resort to find for artists after thinking of other places aside from Reddit. The only wish for us is that there will be enough artists to do the background. If there are people who are willing to volunteer for this project, it would be a godsend and it would help us tremendously.

And so, this is our only wish from you guys at MoTK. I am willing to provide you with more information regarding the project and am willing to be in contact directly if desired (through skype or facebook). A quick understanding is that the size of the background is 4961 x 3508 or landscape A3 300dpi.

Thank you for taking your time to read this topic. I hope for the best.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
I remember you guys. I talked to one of you on the Reddit (after someone contacted me) and I gave you the best advices I could give you regarding managing a large scale project.

I see you're still missing a background team though. This might be a stretch considering the time frame you have, but it might be still be possible.

The best I can offer at this time is to see if I can contact some people that were part of the team that worked on my project to see if they want to talk to you regarding yours.

I wish you and the Malaysian Scroll Project the best of luck though either way.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

I remember you guys. I talked to one of you on the Reddit (after someone contacted me) and I gave you the best advices I could give you regarding managing a large scale project.

I see you're still missing a background team though. This might be a stretch considering the time frame you have, but it might be still be possible.

The best I can offer at this time is to see if I can contact some people that were part of the team that worked on my project to see if they want to talk to you regarding yours.

I wish you and the Malaysian Scroll Project the best of luck though either way.

You're replying to the same person who created the same kind of topic on Reddit, CrimsonSoulZ. I made my way here since this is my last resort.

Anyways, your help has been very informational and it has helped us in making the project on the way. So far there are no problems with the group except laziness in which we are going to issue a warning soon and of course lacking background artists. We are really afraid that the project would fail because we lack the background where as the others have pushed their creativity minds just to draw for us. And I do not want to let it die like that.

And lastly, thank you for trying to help us once again. We are extremely grateful of your help.

Totaku

Well I've been busy contacting folks that I recruited and I may have a few people that might want to join this. The question ATM I'm getting from them is this:

How can they reach you? It seems they need a way to make contact with you in order to learn what you have to offer so they can decide if they'll be able to contribute.

Please let me know as soon as you can so I can direct these folks to you.
Now I Twitter

Well I've been busy contacting folks that I recruited and I may have a few people that might want to join this. The question ATM I'm getting from them is this:

How can they reach you? It seems they need a way to make contact with you in order to learn what you have to offer so they can decide if they'll be able to contribute.

Please let me know as soon as you can so I can direct these folks to you.

I have couple of ways though. I can be contacted through facebook and skype most of the time. I do have twitter but I don't really open too often. And Steam (yes. oddly enough). And again, thank you so much for trying to help the team out!

edit : You can tell them to email me or find me on skype at Crimsonsoulz(At)gmail.com
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:52:04 AM by Utsukimi »

Totaku

I know this thread has been unused for a while but I'm bumping mainly because I'm involved in it as of lately.

As it turns out, I learned that a good number of people I know are involved in this project as we speak! And with my help I've been able to help get the momentum of this project moving at nearly fully speed now. Since I've been busy rounding up people.

We still could however use 3 more background artists to cover the remaining backgrounds that are left. So if you think you have the time to work on backgrounds before the mid-July deadline. Send me a PM or let me know here. I'm still trying to work with Jerry to make this project a success just like the scroll project we all worked on here for AWA.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

And the quota has been reached!!!

As of today we finally have met the quota of getting enough artists to meet the requirements of the Scroll of Phantasm Project

So as of now, I want to inform you all that while we have artists that are covering all the angles of the project, that there may still be need back ups. Both in terms of background artists and characters artists.

So please feel free to notify me or Jerry that you are interested in backing up this project.

If any details come up, they will be posted on July 1st. So please be ready by then if you want to be assigned a task in this project if you want to back it up.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

I know it's been a while, but I want to inform everyone that following information....

The Scroll of Phantasm Project has been successfully completed!

I want to thank all those who have joined and I appreciate Jerry giving me the opportunity to help him make this project possible. I was able to help him recruit a sizable enough of a team of artist to get the scroll completed in time for the convention.

Currently the layout is in the process of being finished up and I've asked him to allow me the post the final version at some point, either before or after the con (which is at August 10-11th I think)

So soon, you will all get to see final product this mass collaboration project.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Sorry for the long overdue delay, but I had to get things back in control before I could settle down and post this. But I was given permission  by Jerry Utsukimi to post the final results of this scroll.

So here you have it!

So yes, what you have here is the result of 50+ artist who joined together for this project. I'm glad to have been a part of it since Jerry was in need of help and I was able to make it all possible for him. So once again, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you with this project Jerry. And being able to help make this a success!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:12:45 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter