Author Topic: [Video] Project: Side-By-Side Comparison, Touhou Music and Remixes  (Read 4433 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
So, my cousin is a music teacher, with a masters in music theory. She and I once had a conversation about the doujin music phenomenon. The subject really interested her, so I though I'd put together a compilation for her.

The idea here is pretty straight-forward: a segment of a Touhou stage or boss theme, crossfading into a segment of an example of a good remix of said theme, crossfading into another Touhou theme, and so forth. For a short, introductory video, I was thinking ten was a nice round number of themes to have.

By "good" I don't necessarily mean popular, though of course popular ones can also be good, nor do I mean just one musical genre. This is more to demonstrate the capabilities of what different doujin musicians can do with Touhou music.

I welcome your suggestions. My own favorite doujin artists include Shibayan, REDALiCE, Syrufit, and Sayuri Anpo, among others. They come immediately to mind for this project.

I'll be doing this on OpenShot, and will make proper attributions at the video's end, whether I need to or not. When it's complete, I'll upload it.

So, what would you include?

EDIT: My artist range, it turns out, is pretty limited, and you guys are turning out some great stuff, so I think I'm going to take my time with this. I welcome your suggestions and will post updates.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:26:21 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Tengukami

Thanks. Thinking more about this, I reckon ten themes and ten remixes will even out to about 30 second clips each. They'll be subtitled by song name, game & stage/artist. For themes, actual gameplay footage would be pretty neat, not to mention official videos of remixes.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
-Anyone from C-CLAYS, but most definitely Kiritansu and Atoguru.

-Travis Stebbins

Good luck on this project! o7
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Delfigamer

Re: [Video] Weekend Project: Side-By-Side Comparison, Touhou Music and Remixes
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »
Now I was just randomly requesting "touhou dubstep" from YouTube, after themes of the Dubstep Gun from SR4. Then I suddenly remembered a song I heard so long ago that I already forgotten both name and artist. Though, I remembered "techno" and "folk", so it hadn't took me long to find it again.
SoundChaos - whateveroglyphs ~ Feast of Passing Away Palace.

Tengukami

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
Thanks for the input! This is turning out to be harder than I thought. Need to do some real narrowing-down of my own list, so these new suggestions are quite helpful.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Delfigamer

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »
I think that 10 examples is just too little for the fandom.
One possible option is to give several mixes on a single original.

Also, the Pink Monkey Pianolord Marasy.
UPD Oh god, more.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:50:52 PM by Delfigamer »

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
Alstroemeria Records

Sally and RD-Sounds are good circles too!

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »
I spend a lot of time looking for good remixes, so I can provide quite a few. However, since I'm me, I'll throw in some Apparitions Stalk the Night by a circle called CarrotWine, and for a bonus, let's have some Strawberry Crisis by dBu. Feel free to search the rest of the playlist for other stuff. [I really need to de-clutter it at some point, some of the stuff just clogs it now since I've found better]

I'd give some really good vocals, but that defeats the point somewhat. I also know a good Perdition Crisis/Bad Apple mashup-remix, but it's a mashup. I'd give the STW one, as well, but that's kinda from a game.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:51:31 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »
tanigon and/or Tokyo Active NEETs

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »
OrangeCoffee is probably one of the few things I have which aren't entirely electro. That and FELT.
Brickwall from OrangeCoffee is the only thing I have from them, but they're the smoothest, most relaxing tunes ever. Official page
FELT's C84 Abyss Nova was pretty good, and there are actually some ups on YT, e.g. here.

Also yes Syrufit and Monochrome-coat are great. EastNewSound is also just hit-or-miss vocal pop.

Delfigamer

Re: [Video] Project: Side-By-Side Comparison, Touhou Music and Remixes
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 04:48:27 PM »
SHAMELESS BUMP
I will post updates.
NEED MORE UPDATES
:flowerpower:
________

Are you still there?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:59:42 AM by Delfigamer »