Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 3)  (Read 203225 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 3)
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »
The first thing I did when I completed my move to my new apartment was hook up my pc and check to see if my external hard drive with all my Touhou games was hooked up properly. I knew everything was gonna be okay once I started up PCB.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2010, 12:31:14 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you see potential memes in current events.

EDIT: Then you make an icon based off of said current events. Yes, I know it's crappy. Shut up.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2010, 01:29:07 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you see potential memes in current events.

EDIT: Then you make an icon based off of said current events. Yes, I know it's crappy. Shut up.

Suddenly, I want to make a mod of a Pac-man game called Pac-mima.

Also, when I was reading that Pokemon manga, I read...
ZUN ZUN ZUN ZUN Yes I know it's a sound effect.

youkai_R_US

• You are about to enter the border of laziness!
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2010, 02:13:52 AM »
I bought a bag of chips JUST cause they looked like the ones from the one Yuyuko and Youmu M-1, the one with POCKY GAME and ...stuff : U ...yeah

« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »
... when you download Merry Gear, and your brain keeps trying to connect it to Maribel.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2010, 05:29:45 AM »
Suddenly, I want to make a mod of a Pac-man game called Pac-mima.
Make it so the ghosts shoot bullets and stuff. I know the Pac-Guy series of games had at least one instance where you dodged projectiles.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2010, 05:49:47 AM »
Make it so the ghosts shoot bullets and stuff. I know the Pac-Guy series of games had at least one instance where you dodged projectiles.
Isn't Mima a ghost herself?
Also, I would make such a mod, but... I can't.

« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2010, 07:24:08 AM »
When you actively look for cool things to put in this thread.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2010, 09:31:06 AM »
when finally do this.

http://i42.tinypic.com/112gxop.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/b7humg.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/i/bussinessmeeting.jpg/
http://img716.imageshack.us/i/loloj.jpg/

this is the combination of 2 addictions. And when you read in TV tropes the article about fetish fuel in Touhou and want put the possibilities of the pair Rinnosuke-Youki:
-Youki is an "old" (300 years in a half ghost...his daugther have 60 but looks like only a child!) samurai very skilled (more than Youmu) and that implies all martial arts, including Hojojutsu, the origin of Shibari, the japan bondage...samurais follow the bushido, with diverse "ways" one of them is the nanshoku (same color same sex) always with honor, that means fidelity...And you know how are samurais, living their lives like the last one, and even dying in battle...and now transport this to a bed. n_n and he can use his half side like Youmu (or better)...melange a trois?
-Kourin and his experience (we don?t know his true age...more than 100 years?) the outside knowledge, have glasses, fuzzy hair, intelectual...and half youkai, half "lunatic" (moon can him turn him on?) sleep and eat few (days and days of continue fufufu) and maybe be a half in "that way" too (youkais are very free in gender preferance...)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:49:35 AM by VIVIeiki Heiwaxanadu »

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »
I just realised that one of the enemies in Geometry Wars looks like Koishi's peenmaku.

« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »
...you take way too long to remmember, that you once saw a poster with all the moons of a certian planet and you coinidentaly happen to find out one was named Mimas.

yep... I totally forgot that...

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2010, 05:13:14 PM »
Recently, I asked to borrow a hat from my friend, mainly because said hat had a resemblance to ZUN's hat. >.>

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2010, 05:38:55 PM »
when you want a parody of this video in Touhou style (well is about hats, nee? XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9ZNJ2YS64

« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2010, 06:04:44 PM »
I've just taken stock of how much I've really done in my fanworks and fan-creations, including callbacks to canon and previous works, call-"forwards" to stuff I'm planning on doing but haven't yet, the number of ways I've reconciled canon and fanon ...

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2010, 06:09:12 PM »
I've just taken stock of how much I've really done in my fanworks and fan-creations, including callbacks to canon and previous works, call-"forwards" to stuff I'm planning on doing but haven't yet, the number of ways I've reconciled canon and fanon ...

nee, your site is EPIC in that...n_n

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #285 on: April 02, 2010, 07:45:47 AM »

Never before in my life have I been so tempted to buy Corn Syrup... Oh well, good thing I didn't actually have any money on me. Though I really should have. :fail:

Ironheart

• For the God Emperor of Mankind.
« Reply #286 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
When you think alcohol may make you a better at the touhou games.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #287 on: April 02, 2010, 09:20:42 AM »
When you realise how much time you actually spend on this site.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #288 on: April 02, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
This might've been its own thread, but I'll just put it in here. It's not really my own addiction this time, but I'd say it suffices. Slightly longer post go.

So we have a relatively new family moving in to our neighborhood. They happen to live right next to our house.
And so they have this little girl, a 2nd grader, right. She comes over a heck of a lot, so she always sees me playing Touhou. Over time, she learns a bit more about it.

Before she knew their names, she called characters things like "Bunny Bunny", "Ice Fairy", "Knife Girl", "Red Normal Person", "Librarian", "Green Hair", and "Monster" (Talking about onis would've been too complicated). She still doesn't know a lot names, so a good chunk of these 'titles' have stuck with her for now.

Her favorite characters: Reisen, Cirno (Pronounced "Keerno"), Suwako ("Froggy"), and Aya ("Crow").
But Reisen is her absolute favorite. She draws Reisen. She colors Reisen.

She has an imaginary friend called Reisen.
Yesterday she played with imaginary Reisen, saying how she's 'confused' her and now she's seeing "lots of Reisens."

I'm playing UFO, and I ask her what Reisen thinks about it.
"She wants to know why she's not in this game. She thinks she should be in every game."
This struck me as especially hilarious.

But, hm. I don't know if I should be proud or regretful I ever brought Touhou into her childhood.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #289 on: April 02, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
"Green Hair"
SCREW THE RULES THIS IS TOUHOU!

Y'know, I somehow regret introducing my brother to Touhou. He always keeps talking about it every waking moment. It's starting to drive me crazy and I'm on the verge of quitting everything Touhou. Please help.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #290 on: April 02, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
SCREW THE RULES THIS IS TOUHOU!

Y'know, I somehow regret introducing my brother to Touhou. He always keeps talking about it every waking moment. It's starting to drive me crazy and I'm on the verge of quitting everything Touhou. Please help.

Would you really quite because of a small thing like that? Something so unimportant?

Seriously?

Be happy you have someone to talk about it with in person, who won't start raging at you at the slightest mention.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #291 on: April 02, 2010, 08:26:05 PM »
Be happy you have someone to talk about it with in person, who won't start raging at you at the slightest mention.
This probably applies to a lot of us. I mean, the moment I say "Touhou" in my group of friends, they just go, "Oh no. Not again."
They already have a bad disposition, so even if you don't talk about it a lot they still react the same way.

« Reply #292 on: April 02, 2010, 08:33:45 PM »
You guys are lucky. Whenever I mention Touhou, my friend goes "Oh not the Hentai crap again..."

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #293 on: April 02, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »
This is a fairly familiar sounding thing to me... One of my friends always tells me hes going to do a Touhou intervention on me, and remove all things Touhou from my life. I sure hope he never decides this is a good idea.

Then again, he can't talk. hes a goddamn furry :V

Todays Touhou addiction. Ask my dad what hes doing over easter on the phone, and he tells me "The plan is to TAKE IT EASY" I was struggling to restrain myself and not burst out with YUKKURI SHITTETE NE ... I think the biggest reason I didn't Is my lack of confidence in spoken Japanese lol

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #294 on: April 02, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »
This is a fairly familiar sounding thing to me... One of my friends always tells me hes going to do a Touhou intervention on me, and remove all things Touhou from my life. I sure hope he never decides this is a good idea.

Then again, he can't talk. hes a goddamn furry :V

Todays Touhou addiction. Ask my dad what hes doing over easter on the phone, and he tells me "The plan is to TAKE IT EASY" I was struggling to restrain myself and not burst out with YUKKURI SHITTETE NE ... I think the biggest reason I didn't Is my lack of confidence in spoken Japanese lol

My friend's quest is to eradicate all that is Touhou. :V When that day comes I will be there to stop him.

He's not a furry or anything similar. He's a pretty normal guy regarding fetishes, so we can't be talking about hypocrisy on his part. However, I do firmly believe he's an ancient demon locked in the body of the human, who wishes to destroy all just for the lulz.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #295 on: April 02, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
You guys are lucky. Whenever I mention Touhou, my friend goes "Oh not the Hentai crap again..."
THIS a thousand times

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #296 on: April 02, 2010, 09:24:48 PM »
When that day comes I will be there to stop him.

This is the best part of that post. It makes him sound like a comic book villan, and yourself some kinda hero. Or maybe like kohta in elfen lied, and your friend is a vicous diclonious set to destroy the human race one day. or at least, the part of it that is Touhou fans. Either way, I think I'd watch the movie.

My imagination is far too active.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #297 on: April 02, 2010, 10:50:03 PM »
Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBgIIWLVi4

Watch from 0:20

Reimu and Yukari [Touhou Remix]

Okay, I'm done...

EAT Your veggies Reimu

NO! Eat mah [yin yang] balls

WAT

I said EAT MAH--

I CREATED THOSE BALLS WITH MY OWN BALLS

========================

I shall do this. This was what I first thought about when I saw this.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #298 on: April 03, 2010, 06:20:06 PM »
http://brasscockroach.com/h4ll0w33n2007/manga/Amigara-Full/Amigara-11.html

The thin guy in the top right panel bears an uncanny resemblance to ZUN. The next page even shows that this guy is as skinny as ZUN too.

Warning: Don't read the rest of this manga if you are claustrophobic. In fact, I don't suggest it to anyone at all. This manga WILL make you claustrophobic.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #299 on: April 03, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »
I have a bad mind. I just kept lolling at people trying to find their holes.

See what you mean though. just add glasses. I'm not caustrophobic but everyone could do with new reasons to fear things. *investigates*