Author Topic: FPS Problem  (Read 2058 times)

Iris Hunter

• Touhoumaniac
FPS Problem
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
When I run every Touhou game,the FPS is always stable at 60 FPS,faster than it should be.This problem started when I TAS'ed every Touhou game with a program(I don't know writing the program's name is legal).What can I do?

Re: FPS Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
I don't understand what's the issue here. These games are supposed to run at 60 fps.

Iris Hunter

• Touhoumaniac
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:35:18 PM »
I don't understand what's the issue here. These games are supposed to run at 60 fps.
That's correct,but the game is faster.I compared some records with the game.I don't know what's going on @-@ ...

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »
If you're watching youtube videos, they're 30 fps (with frame skipping) which might give the illusion that the gameplay is slower.

Have you played the games before without those cheats on ?

Iris Hunter

• Touhoumaniac
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
If you're watching youtube videos, they're 30 fps (with frame skipping) which might give the illusion that the gameplay is slower.

Have you played the games before without those cheats on ?
No,I'm watching my own records.I play Touhou almost everyday,so I know what's going on.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 08:00:01 AM »
Do you still have this problem? Can you list which games are affected?
Imo the best way to check if the game is running at the correct speed is playing a stage where the music is synced to the stage.
The most obvious stage to use is UFO stage 5. Additionally, EoSD stage 2 and 4 have the music synced to the midboss appearance.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

SusiKette

• @MainLoop { yield; }
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
There is nothing wrong. Your eyes are just fooling you. You have gotten used to the slowed down game and it looks to run too fast when you return to the normal speed. I have experienced this myself. It's the same as when you drive a car and slow down from 100 km/h to 50 km/h, it looks like you're going 20 km/h or something because your eyes have gotten used to the speed of 100 km/h. It's the same thing when you speed up. It looks too fast for a while if the change is too big.