Author Topic: [TF2] MotK Meetups (Next Meet: SOMEBODY SCREEEEAAAAAM! Oct 31s - Nov 1st)  (Read 339160 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: Aug 30 - Sept 2 LABOUR DAY WEEKEND)
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2012, 01:30:11 AM »
Ya might want to reverse the server and password order in the OP, so that server 1 is 70.whatever and 2 is chen.lolmaiden. Reasons being that we already call the former as the primary server (while the second one will be phased out soon) and thus I've set the server broadcast titles and the MotDs as such.

Done.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
Dammit, you guys do know that 8pm over here means 8am for me, right?

(Probably will appear 2 hours late or something. :V)
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #362 on: August 30, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
Yes, we have several GMT+8 players here and thus are fully aware of that.

On the other hand we're really screwing over European ones (they'd have to play at 1-2am). :\

But since a large portion of the playerbase (including the server staff) is in the Americas (predominantly US, Canada, and Brazil), we'll be working with their schedules in mind first.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:42:40 PM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »
Well before my original time was 5pm to keep the european players in mind, but we still have the asian players too...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2012, 06:45:03 PM »
Yeah, we used to do 5pm and 8pm meets on the same day, which at least got the Europeans playing with us; however, this caused trouble with not only East Asian/SEA players, but also with the rather sizeable US/CA west coast group.

I think next meet we'll try 6 or 6:30 as a start time on at least one day to try and compensate.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:05:01 PM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2012, 04:08:27 AM »
Today: quieter than the past few, but it was not surprising as many of us have school to deal with now. Most we got were 7 players at once, so after waiting a bit in Harvest we played advanced MVM missions with a few assists*. Of particular note was one silly round on Mannworks where 4-5 of us did Gunslinger Engie rush (Gpop and I, maybe BSoD as well, recorded these; we'll be posting vids in due course).

* - We play MVM generally with these handicaps, which may be changed over time:
 - Players are able to drop and share cash Killing Floor-style via R + M2, in $50 increments (or whatever they have left if < $50). Inadvertently, Scouts can use this to their advantage to gain tons of HP before a round starts.

The below apply if an admin is connected:
 - If there are fewer than 6 players at the start of a mission, whatever money the missing players would've gotten are instead divided and given amongst the online ones (eg. $400 starting cash + 5 players = $80 extra given per person).
 - After the first failed retry of a wave, increment player cash by (~20-25% of collected cash * the current attempt iteration) at setup. eg. if $1000 was collected at first, increment $200 per failed run so that it's $1200, $1400, etc.
 - If players report negative cash values (a bug with the money system), slay everyone (resetting their cash to 0) and then give them a set amount based on total collected money to that point, previous subsidies, and any assistance funds that may need to be applied.
 - [ADVANCED/ENDURANCE/some CUSTOM MISSIONS] Admins can invoke an 'EMP' (which is nothing fancy, just a default SourceMod command targetted at BLU) once per wave (twice on Endurance missions) that will destroy all current bots except tanks. We usually did this when a robot was getting in the bomb chute, or (rarely) when other players called out for 'Sentry Ahead!' Each perfect round (where the $100 bonus is applied) adds one extra EMP that can be used anytime without regard for the previous limitation.

I know this causes some issues with standard procedure, but for that I suggest the many pure vanilla servers out there.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:49:54 PM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2012, 04:21:09 AM »
Gunslinger engie + disposable engie + rapid fire pistol was amazing.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2012, 04:25:24 AM »
What about Jump_littleman? D:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2012, 05:03:14 AM »
Gunslinger engie + disposable engie + rapid fire pistol was amazing.
Indeed -
disposable engie
...whaaa~?  We can have mecha chibi Engies as assistants too? :o

Turned out that my recordings had problems with recording my own voice input, in that (1) it was way too quiet (and background sounds tended to mute while I was talking) and (2) I had it always-on, rather than push-to-talk. :\ Might still upload it, but with silly songs in background to obfuscate those.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:05:39 AM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
So there's an exploit in MvM wherein the scout can have infinite HP.
Dropping your own cash and picking it up still heals you, and so as long as you have at least $1, you can heal yourself up to whatever value you want.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93038390

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
It's an unintended consequence of the money drop plugin we use (by default MVM has no cash-sharing ability; we also have a command version that very few used). I'll check for a plugin update that might fix that.

EDIT: Welp there aren't any updated versions, and there are worse bugs (negative money possible from sharing). Will decide later today whether to keep that plugin or revert to the less exploit-happy command verison.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:17:41 PM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2012, 03:49:18 PM »
Unless they code money being dropped having different properties from actually picking up money from robots, it probably won't be for a week or so until it happens (when someone actually makes the raw code for it)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2012, 11:05:32 PM »
I added stuff for today's MVM - namely, the ability to upgrade your stuff anytime when you are near a dispenser. To activate the menu, call Medic when next to and pointing at the dispenser.

We've additionally installed all the non-solo custom missions mentioned in this post.

Also kitties expects server #2 to be going down tomorrow for good, but we'll have to see.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:24:48 PM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2012, 03:55:13 AM »
So this time Gpop and I managed servers separately - I was on #1 while Gpop went to #2. Results from the former:
 - A round of Coaltown with the difficult Sleepy script...those goddamned Ninja Spies and Unarmed Combat crit Scoots ruined many a round, but the tiny Heavies were cute. :V
 - Decoy survival_objective. I don't know what the objective was, but it was a blast. $30000 at start and regenerating cash to survive as long as we can.
 - Lastly some normal Decoy since Sunny (MC server regular, and new TF2 player) joined and thus I opted to give an easier intro to MVM to her.
 - and a bit more on Server 2 to sub in for Gpop

Overall thoughts on this?
Went well since we got all 12 player slots filled for quite a while. Custom missions played nicely from my experience, and the mobs they included were pretty interesting. But with this and the earlier MVM weekend special I guess we've gotten the hang of this gamemode, and maybe overdosed on it too. Thus tomorrow's plan has standard TF2 in play.

Got a suggestion from Sunny to install PropHunt as well...I'll definitely consider it, with the initial answer of 'at the current time it's more likely I install this than VSH/FF2, MGE, FortWars, Zombie Fortress, and/or WC3Mod', and assuming it goes through we'll play some on Sunday (along with Jump, Surf, and maybe Trade Fortress TF2Ware Dodgeball achievement_idle something else...).
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2012, 05:16:51 AM »
As that all happened, recap from server #2 (the cool kids server):
- Started in Mannworks with normal MvM, no EMP's or anything, just standard gameplay to get warmed up. Went pretty well for the most part (but those GODDAMN PYROS)
- Later went to Coaltown and decided to demoknight rush for jokes on the advanced missions. It went a lot better than expected to say the least :V (probably from the max money I gave everyone :V)
- Finally went to Decoy, and tried to gunslinger engie rush (also maxed out money). Oh boy, bullets FLYING EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately we couldn't finish the last wave though because 3 tanks + giants + spies = death for so many engies.
- Then EP came in and took over while I went for dinner.

Good fun guys. I dunno if I'll be there tomorrow though, but if I do let's hope we get more people in.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2012, 02:01:44 AM »
Initial report while I get dinner and maybe head back:

- 6v6 King was a blast, got the MVM crew to join us as well.
 - 5v5 Badwater, also fun and silly (BLU Pyro rush go!).
 - Currently on Granary while several of us left for various things (mostly involving food)

Quote of the match: "Loooli...! Why?!" - rizock

Good times, good games. Not much further comment.
Bad command or file name

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2012, 02:33:56 AM »
Granary devolved into 2v2, and Red Team became Lag Team, so we called it.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #377 on: September 02, 2012, 02:50:45 AM »
Heard about the lag issues, so I'll investigate.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:58:56 AM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #378 on: September 02, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
the only person I've noticed on lag was Yuyuko, so much that I couldn't even land consistent shots (that I had to rely to because he was lagging too much to even backstab)

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
Didn't notice server lag yesterday, only some players. Also those reflects.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2012, 04:04:34 AM »
Oh god dammit I missed it

:colonveeplusalpha:
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #381 on: September 03, 2012, 04:07:39 AM »
Worst thing is to not miss the event but get 600 ping when playing MvM

Everyone's voice was so screwed up to the point I ragequitted
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #382 on: September 03, 2012, 04:09:56 AM »
If I ever see a rj or a surf map again, I'll disconnect.

Boring, boring, boring, BORING.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #383 on: September 03, 2012, 04:46:08 AM »
It's still going guys we're doing prop hunt now!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #384 on: September 03, 2012, 07:34:32 AM »
2 1/2 hours later we finally ended it. Probably the longest formal meet we've done!

- Surfing on Pulse for starters; more people were playing in jail than actually surfing though. Started downloading PropHunt files too off of the very slow main server.
 - jump_adventure! Quite a few ragequit on the harder portions (usually as in, going to spec), but at first we managed to do well.
 - More surf, first Venice and later Utopia; better surfing turnout but we ended up messing in the jail anyway.
 - rj_rckteer - Most of us managed to complete this one at least once (I could not T_T), first as Soldier; later Demo and even Engie and QF Medic attempts came afterwards. At the same time the PropHunt files finished downloading and uploading them was a cinch.
 - And lastly PropHunt on modified Lumberyard, Cargo, Headquarters, Oasis, and Warehouse! Bloody hilarious fun, especially whenever someone got a tree or was a RED chair/computer/whatever in the BLU-based Headquarters map.

Getting stuff out of this with the 3am logic:
 - Surf and Jump: From what I'm getting, a niche of players definitely enjoys these (myself included, at least for Surf); others, however, do not appear to or do other things on map instead. In the future we'll treat them as gimmick maps (alongside things like dm_SDM_final), not in the standard rotation and loaded on in-server request only.
 - PropHunt:  Newbies and veterans alike enjoyed this, so it'll definitely remain on the server as standard fare. However, due to the way it replaces Arena mode configs and standard cvars, I will have the plugin disabled by default and loaded when needed.
 - Requests for infinite ammo, metal, health, crits, etc.: No, I won't be doing those, mostly due to lack of plugins but also because I doubt it would be put to good use.
 - Specific plugins for jump and surf: RFBHop is the only one for now, and I only load it for surf. For Jump...we'll have to see how often the maps are loaded.
 - Other modded gamemodes? Thinking about it.
 - etc etc etc - zzzzzzz

If I ever see a rj or a surf map again, I'll disconnect.

Boring, boring, boring, BORING.
Definitely understand where you're coming from, considering past instances of player disconnects amid FF2 or even certain vanilla maps.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:36:39 AM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: Thurs & Fri, 4-5 Oct!)
« Reply #385 on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
We interrupt this idle thread for a couple announcements!

(1) the chen.lolmaiden server is dead as of yesterday; we're back to one server.
(2) TF2 MEETS! Next one - this weekend, Thursday & Friday at the usual 8:00PM/20:00 EST/GMT-5 time! Not too much in these aside from usual business (vanilla, PropHunt, MAYBE FF2?), since we plan for one in Scream Fortress too. MVM is probably unlikely unless only a few people show up.

Might schedule Saturday too if things go well; if so it'll be at an earlier time to accommodate European players. :V
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:16:42 AM by ✚まどか Quick-Fix Medic »
Bad command or file name

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2012, 06:05:15 AM »
In case anyone cared, I'm still alive and doing it all over agen.
Finally returning to Steam after about a month of no activity, with no TF2 gameplay for more than two months. Please excuse any horrible gameplay by me :V.
I should be able to attend this upcoming meet, workload is light at the moment. I may also bring something special this time around, hehehe.

Also, Paul Ryan will provide our workers with the skills to cut the children with a saw.

ENOUGH LAME REFERENCES

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #387 on: October 03, 2012, 02:11:47 PM »
Holy moly, you're back to do it all over again! \o/

Does the surprise involve craploads of bullets and a depressed version of everyone's favourite bee loli? :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #388 on: October 03, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »
nooo why do you guys do a meet when this weekend i can't play because i have exams whyyyyyyy

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #389 on: October 04, 2012, 12:47:31 AM »
God, I need my daily dosage of ff2 back.

And welcome back, killah. Was wondering why you disappeared and never came back.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile