Author Topic: [TF2] MotK Meetups (Next Meet: SOMEBODY SCREEEEAAAAAM! Oct 31s - Nov 1st)  (Read 339144 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Yep, I'm in. I don't think I'll have anything in the way, except maybe for Saturday, as usual.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

I shall see if my sched permits me to play some games.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Recently I've negotiated and gotten full SSH and SFTP access to the TF2 and FastDL servers. Previously I had to rely on omgkitties as a proxy to perform updates, but with this (which came partly as a result of FF2 work and his current disinterest in TF2) updates should be done with much more ease. I'll give Gpop the login details too if he's interested.

So I guess what this means is that if you want something in the server you guys should probably talk to me instead. (wait don't you guys do this already? :V)
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
Might not be able to attend since my computer may (or may not) be spazzing out (bluescreen, freezes, GPU overloading). Hopefully this will have been an isolated incident for yesterday  :ohdear:. Otherwise I look forward to having you all feed my loch and load (this taunt is going to lead to numerous axe, head, fire, and explosive wounds isn't it?). :V
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
its the first time that iam able to play on every day of the meeting  :D     (well only when iam not to tired to play :V)

Definitely can't make today, and the two other days are a definite maybe. Might be there but late, I don't know.

EDIT: Somehow made it to the 14th, still a maybe on the others.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:03:52 AM by Alpha »

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
I won't be able to get on later today. Its too hot for me to play it now, i'll wait until later at night for it to be cooler.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Synopsis:
 - Vanilla: everyone loves it, some of us are rusty as hell at it too
 - Surf: not as popular as expected due to complexity, plus Utopia kept crashing the server
 - Dodgeball: fun but crashprone (could be the maps though)
 - FF2: because we can (and the first of the two future bosses was announced - Team Rocket)
 - Server crashes: 4 (including one that required SSH access to force-quit the process - mission accomplished!)
 - Was Dibble run over by the Well train? Yes. :getdown:
 - Did we play according to schedule? No - lack of pubbies meant that we went to in-house stuff.
 - Is it possible to put TF2Ware too by Saturday? Unlikely but I can certainly try!
Bad command or file name

- Surf: not as popular as expected due to complexity, plus Utopia kept crashing the server
Ha ha ha, no. It's pretty simple, just (sometimes) hard to pull off.

- Is it possible to put TF2Ware too by Saturday? Unlikely but I can certainly try!
I'm all for tf2ware. Played it a bit before, would probably be more fun with people I know.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Ha ha ha, no. It's pretty simple, just (sometimes) hard to pull off.
Simple concept indeed to those who have surfed before, including myself. But do note that most of the people on were very new to this gamemode, and I'm considering it complex from the majority's perspective.

Probably perceived complexity is a better term?
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
oh god we need TF2ware

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
- Was Dibble run over by the Well train? Yes. :getdown:
The tradition lives on, whether I want it to or not I suppose.  :ohdear:

Also, I'd be down for TF2Ware if it gets setup by Saturday, though I'll probably show up late to the meet that day due to work.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Yeah, that was the first time I have done surfing. Didn't understand it at first. I just thought the fast-paced current was cool. :V

And I swear, sticky jumping on our server makes you fly much higher than other servers.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
oh god we need TF2ware
So tomorrow well do pub stomping maybe with some Hale and other oddities off to the side?
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Kyo Tanaka

Tf2ware with saxton hale? :v

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Tf2ware with saxton hale? :v
A Hale whose Rage starts minigames TF2Ware-style? That would be one very fun and annoying boss. :V
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: Server stop crashing damnit!)
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:56 AM »
EDIT3: Actually, it seems that when certain users connect the server decides to crash. They didn't have the issue yesterday IIRC. I'll investigate it with them before tomorrow's meet.

On another note, this has probably been the angriest server meet so far. Given server crashes and other events, individual grievances, and misunderstandings...it doesn't surprise me that this arose, but even so, it's a bit too expressive, no? Let's keep things a bit calmer next time! ^^;

EDIT2: Problem solved, MGEMod was removed forcefully and the server logs aren't as full of errors anymore. Meets continue! :D

Today's (and hopefully not tomorrow's too) meets: SUSPENDED due to server instability. When it crashes within 5 minutes of reload then something's definitely gone wrong.

Gpop will be leading ya to empty public servers for hijacking instead, while server staff (in other words, just me D:) will be pending investigation and will give the all-clear when it's okay to join again.

EDIT: I have progress - apparently an update to MGEMod I've attempted is partly to blame for crashing. Either I'll have to put on the old version again, or remove it outright.

Synopsis: I HATE SERVER CRASHES >:( >:( >:(
...and it was pure vanilla when players were actively on (save for a low-grav server Gpop and others were on while I was busy with server stuff). No mods today were actively played for the sake of actually playing them.
This concludes stuff for today, and our broadcast will continue on the next day, possibly simultaneously with the MC server reopening. TF2-loving players, I advise ya to stay with TF2 so that there's less initial lag over there.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:43:47 AM by ロリ陽蜂 Vocal Absurdity »
Bad command or file name

Synopsis: I HATE SERVER CRASHES >:( >:( >:(
Being an admin is fun sometimes, ne~  :P

Kyo Tanaka

Its the most fun in the end when trolling is involved.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
I wouldn't be so sure about that...I got quite a few charged messages from some players, mentioning that some players were constantly killing others while duelling or something else, which prompted some ruined gameplay and counter-killing....

Being an admin is fun sometimes, ne~  :P
Haha, sure is! :V
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:17:00 PM by ロリ陽蜂 Vocal Absurdity »
Bad command or file name

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
*falls from the sky after not posting in weeks*
Ack! Did I miss it? Darn, hope there's another one later on today. Really look forward to playing with you guys again!
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
We plan to play today too, 8PM EST as always. Hope to see you there!

EDIT: TF2Ware still needs more internal tests on LAN server before it's given the all-clear (crash stuff). So it won't be on for today.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:16:28 PM by ロリ陽蜂 Vocal Absurdity »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Wont be there today. At family house for fathers day. Sorry guys.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: I don't even know yet)
« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2012, 03:54:21 AM »
Today's meet - fun and quiet. We still crashed once however....

Y'know, considering how crash-heavy this meet has been, I decided to put the server on lock so I can reconfigure everything from scratch. Planning to do a backup tomorrow morning...this is not the best idea, but whatever is necessary. For the meantime, Gpop will direct ya to empty public servers if you all want to get together.

As for next meet, I am thinking early July and maybe a surprise one after that.

EDIT: And let me guess, some of you will be trying to lynch me soon and accuse mods for causing all this. Wouldn't surprise me, but that's not covering for everything when logs now don't point to problems with specific plugins.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:04:32 AM by ロリ陽蜂 Vocal Absurdity »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
On that note, since the meet was...somewhat unsuccessful really, I say we have on make up meet next weekend (Thursday or Friday perhaps?) on some random empty server, just like before, and get some pubstomping in.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Um, I am new here and I've recently discovered this thread, is it possible for newcomers to join these TF2 MoTK Meetups? I am greatly interested in some TF2 action with some fellow maidens, and I wish to participate in it, or do you guys have specific requirements or summat?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Nah. Just show up and have fun, really.

Um, I am new here and I've recently discovered this thread, is it possible for newcomers to join these TF2 MoTK Meetups? I am greatly interested in some TF2 action with some fellow maidens, and I wish to participate in it, or do you guys have specific requirements or summat?

No problem at all, man. Just make sure you give EP or Gpop your name so that you don't get kicked or something.

We usually just have some shenanigans, but we also play some serious vanilla TF2 so yeah.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Heya there newcomer!

There is no real requirement at all - as long as we know who you are on both MotK and Steam there shouldn't be problems.

On another note, server maintenance is still underway - vanilla appears to work fine but I have to check with users who had connection issues first works fine, and the users in question had zero problems connecting. On to mod installation!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:19:40 PM by ロリ陽蜂 Vocal Absurdity »
Bad command or file name

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Thanks for the info! My name in TF2 is shing1234543210 (Which is something I signed up with my email account, and doesn't really know how to change it. >_>), hope that we can have some meetups soon!
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------