Author Topic: [TF2] MotK Meetups (Next Meet: SOMEBODY SCREEEEAAAAAM! Oct 31s - Nov 1st)  (Read 339144 times)

Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: MAY 10-12, 8PM)
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2012, 04:27:36 AM »
Seems that this meetup was anticipated highly enough that we actually had an impromptu meet yesterday as well, though it just consisted of Freak Fortress 2 madness. Ironically, that had a larger turnout (9 players max) than today's (7).
Sorry, but it seems that all of our meets devolve into VSH/FF2 lately, most likely due to low participation numbers. While they're fun at first, they get repetitive and old fast. In my opinion, many of our impromptu get-togethers are more fun in vanilla gameplay..

Lastly, Alpha brought up an interesting idea - we could possibly create our own Steam group and announce TF2 and other games' (mostly MC) server meets/events there. Now I know about the existing Shrinemaiden group, but at the moment it's just sitting there and doesn't look like it'll get much attention. I'm increasingly for this proposal, but would like extra comments on the idea.
Interesting, but I don't really think that it is necessary. All of our discussions about meets and/or additions to the servers (using TF2 and Minecraft as examples) already happen on this forum where (mostly) everyone can already participate in the discussion. If anything, a Steam group would help spread the word to people that are no longer associated on the forum, but are friends with us outside of here. Honestly, most of us are already on each others' friends lists already, so a full-blown Steam group seems kinda pointless.. not to mention that's how most of our impromptu meets happen in the first place. :V
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:29:47 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »

It didn't help that the item server was down for quite some time, so I had to bring on the weapon-giving commands, leading to Frypan and Zatoichi fights, even in FF2.

That guy got killed by a barka! Baka baka!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2012, 03:04:34 PM »
Sorry, but it seems that all of our meets devolve into VSH/FF2 lately, most likely due to low participation numbers. While they're fun at first, they get repetitive and old fast.
Seems to be the trend lately, also due to:
 - user interest in playing this mod (I got a lot of FF2 requests yesterday, and went to it rather reluctantly)
 - custom boss development and testing (I usually message people to try testing beforehand)

I'll admit it, I'm getting a bit tired of devolving the official meets in this manner as well, unless it's for the sake of SCIENCE testing new bosses for later balancing. So I might add a few more half-serious maps such as that football arena that several of us kept bringing up.

That guy got killed by a barka! Baka baka!
Poor Stuffman - he had to be the test subject for this. :V
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:06:52 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2012, 03:10:43 AM »
Today's meet = SMASHING SUCCESS!

Despite sound issues at first caused by a Valve patch (that was patched a few hours later, though that caused a rude server restart), vanilla fights went brillantly and were a blast. We often had at least 9v9 and sometimes a full server at that. Kept vanilla matches tense and a blast to play and watch.
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2012, 04:10:27 AM »
meet synopsis yadayada like anyone reads these yeah whatever but it's among the few ways we'll learn as server admins and event hosts

Well, it seems that we finally figured out that overall we seem to prefer in-house-only meetings most, rather than hosting a good pubstomp. We did a bit of both, with great and fun results throughout, but yeah, playing with just the community (and others that we personally invite) just feels a lot better and is much more enjoyable.

Chances are what might be done on the next meet is to have separate days for what we'll be doing. For instance, day 1 could be for pubstomping goodness, day 2 in-house vanilla, and day 3 for modded gamemodes such as FF2.

Other suggestions I've gotten during these meets have included:
 - using other VOIP software to chat amongst members (MotK TS server, for example)
 - Pubs v. Pros, in-house preferred
 - avoiding the use of bots to pad out a shortage of players (which was overall respected throughout)
 - MotK v. Pubs. I think this can already be possible via Tournament mode cvar.
 - Combustible Lemons in grenade launchers (a requirement IMO for any Cave Johnson boss)
 - Football stadium map (why not :V)
 - Raiden boss for FF2 (feasible outside a lack of models)
 - Yukari boss with a Rage where she summons trains (brilliant, but not so soon)

Any more comments and suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:24:15 AM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2012, 06:05:17 AM »
- Raiden boss for FF2 (feasible outside a lack of models)
Well I can't get ya raiden but I can get ya this :V (don't figure this'd actually help you much in making the boss but...)
I rather enjoyed the meets and various matches (including a rather heated 2 vs 2 the final night), and other then some inventory cutouts I'd say everything went pretty smooth. Good games everyone.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »
- Yukari boss with a Rage where she summons trains (brilliant, but not so soon)
Goddamn. I will never be able to win a game ever again. :getdown:

« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »
Dibs on that Yukari FF2 boss. Also pubs vs pros and motk vs pubs is an EXCELLENT idea.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »
Make the trains appear wherever she aims at.

I'd play Raiden if he's actually made into the game.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
Well I can't get ya raiden but I can get ya this :V (don't figure this'd actually help you much in making the boss but...)
GREY FOX! :getdown:

rather heated 2 vs 2 the final night
Oh man, that was fun. Kept killing Messiah with a DH or Equalizer while KlLLAH headshot Frey and me on countless occasions...followed by Frey and me going to RJumper-Treads-Gardener jousting while Dibble and KlLLAH had a Sniper melee duel. Fun times.

Goddamn. I will never be able to win a game ever again. :getdown:
Dibble's especially screwed since we know his affinity with the Well train :getdown:

Dibs on that Yukari FF2 boss.
Knew you'd do so. Much as with Gpop with Koishi, Alpha and Aya, and (maybe) Kyo Tanaka and Raiden.

Also pubs vs pros and motk vs pubs is an EXCELLENT idea.
Pubs v. Pros: It would definitely be in competitive fashion, either 6v6 cookie-cutter or 6v9 comp vs. Highlander. Item whitelist will be revised and forced on during this, along with weapon spread and damage randomisation also disabled.
MotK v. Pubs: I may test this idea a few times on the server over the next few days to see if we need team management plugins and whatnot.

Make the trains appear wherever she aims at.
The way I'd put it is that the train acts as a giant projectile that can't be reflected. So it'll go in the direction she aims at.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:00:51 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2012, 02:42:53 AM »
Dibble's especially screwed since we know his affinity with the Well train :getdown:

My thoughts exactly  :ohdear:

Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: ?????????)
« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »
Make the Degreaser allowed in the whitelist. I love that weapon way too much to ever let go of it.

Also giant-nonreflectable projectile seems amazing. :V

I think for balance, it needs to have a small delay, like how Soku Yukari summons her train.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #252 on: May 14, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »
Degreaser is allowed in most 6v6 leagues so you can expect it to be included (plus I love Degreaser too much; my S. Flamethrower just collects dust). However, fan favourites such as RS, Phlog, Enforcer, and Pomson are not allowed in virtually all cases so they will not be allowed.

Having a delay would make sense, definitely, as well as Yukari being unable to move during the duration of the train.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
Make the Projectile as fast as the direct hit, then add a second-long delay for every shot.

i have one more idea. Since there's a delay, how about making the thing like Heavy's taunt? (Where you aim it is where it will go, regardless)

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #254 on: May 21, 2012, 04:40:25 AM »
i kinda want to join, but the server won't let me D:

Badass bookworms

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2012, 04:30:01 PM »
If by that you mean the server has a password, send me an message on Steam for it. I sent ya a friend invite to facilitate this more easily.

Note that passwords are temporary (usually when we're working in-house or don't want pubbies coming in) and by default the server does not have one enabled.
Bad command or file name

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »
ah, thanks :)

Badass bookworms

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #257 on: May 29, 2012, 02:58:49 AM »
Server has been updated partially. I'm still testing DodgeBall and Boss Battles on my test systems before we opt to install those mods.

FREAK FORTRESS 2:
 - Disabled FF2 auto-loading on KOTH (balance and content download problems no more there)
 - Added the following bosses:
    o Gangplank 2 (different model, his rage does not cover screen)
    o Serious Sam
    o Badass Engineer
    o The Administrator
 - Updated Aya, Koishi, Gaben, Rocket
 - Removed original Gangplank

MISCELLANEOUS:
 - Added birthday_footbal_b2 as a joke map
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:02:52 AM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #258 on: May 29, 2012, 03:06:02 AM »
we need some Duke Nukem himself :V

We should have another meet, it's June next week and a lot of people are starting to finish school for the summer

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #259 on: May 29, 2012, 03:07:54 AM »
I was thinking the same too. I'll probably contact ya via Steam about it and announce it here when the plans are more in place.
Bad command or file name

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #260 on: May 29, 2012, 11:40:28 AM »

I'm not going to fight you. I'm going to kick your ass.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #261 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:08 PM »
A Duke Nukem boss does exist but I'm not content with his current state.
EDIT: Fixed link to release version
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:40:13 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
You are approaching the target of attack. Your mission starts now. Are you ready? *music*

You wanted it? YOU GOT IT! :V We set up another server meeting time!

TIMES: 14-16 June, 20:00 GMT-5 / EDT

The schedule we'll be using is below:

14 June (Thurs): Pubstomping@MotK - vanilla only
15 June (Fri): Mod Mania! (Freak Fortress 2, Dodgeball, Boss Battles)
16 June (Sat): In-house only - vanilla, mods, football matches, SDM stupidity, whatever

Which do you prefer, or do you have alternate ideas?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:52:33 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »
I'm going with yours, I can't make Friday's :(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
As always, i can't guarantee showing up, but I always show up anyway will try to be there  :derp:
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
Install RFBhop and add some surf maps (I can suggest some) so we can all get slidin' on the in-house whatever-madness. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
I know a few Surf maps back when I played it a bit in CSS, but you know any good TF2 ones? Putting the CS ones may result in materials issues at the least due to some using CS-exclusive content.
Bad command or file name

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
Trying to keep this not-too-hard (even though I would gladly recommend some skill maps)

And that's pretty much it for the acceptable TF2-textured easier surf maps

For torrent, just put it on if you really want a challenge, I have trouble finishing it.
I wanted to suggest surf_derpis, but Diealready trashed it on Gamebanana.

Now then, if we could have CS:S skill surf maps ...

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I'm down for surfing on Saturday. Haven't done that in a long while though :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Got those maps you linked except for Torrent (namely so that we can get more people surfing), Cubic, and packaging Boss Battles, RFBHop, (maybe) TF2Ware, and Dodgeball for upcoming server update.

I also found a few unofficial TF2Ware links on AlliedModders, but due to stability I will hold back on installing those until further testing is done.

So I've decided that we'll be sticking to my schedule - namely, Thursday for pubstomping, Friday for mods, and Saturday for community whatever.

I also decided against Boss Battles for a few reasons, such as it defaulting to Arena mode (conflicts w/ FF2) and possible requirements of writing boss configurations (I do plenty of that for FF2). Lastly I'll later be trying to expand server management powers for Gpop and myself, to facilitate updates and since at this point it seems I'm the day-to-day op while kitties is in osu! or Tera.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:52:54 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name