Author Topic: Concealed the Conclusion (Ctc) Version 3 Won't Save Progress  (Read 1588 times)

So I recently got a physical copy of the 9th Anniversary Deluxe Pack of Concealed the Conclusion. It comes with Ctc v3.NET (beta), a remake of the game in XNA format. While V2.1 (the danmakufu version) works perfectly well, V3 seems to be missing a lot of functionality. Namely, it seems my progress does not get recorded.

After I play through several stages, it won?t ask me to save my score or a replay, whether or not I continue. The menus for replay, result, and soundtrack won?t open. Even though I?ve gotten passed stage 2, stage practice isn?t open except for stage 1.

Furthermore, there?s another thing. I don?t know if it?s a different interface and gameplay changes, or game problems, I can?t seem to find an explanation of it, either online or in the game files. (That said, I use outside help to read the game files and instructions ? I don?t know Japanese). I can?t seem to release Hakurei orbs and there?s no gauge. On the right side there?s a line in the interface that says Hakurei, but there?s just a blank next to it and I get 0 Hakurei bonus at the end of stages.  But I?m able to do all of those things just fine in the danmakufu version.
Initially, the activation key was accidentally entered after the CD was inserted but before I finished the installer (it?s supposed to be the other way around). But entering the activation after install ? even if I reinstall the game ? doesn?t work. However, the instructions say it should be activated properly if it doesn?t say trial in the corner ? and it doesn?t. And the command prompt seemed to receive the activation key just fine.

One weird thing is when installing it doesn?t ask me where to install the game. It seems to install in the Startmenu folder (I have windows 8 ) ? that?s where it leads when I right click the icon in the startmenu and open file location. The file location seems to be shortcuts though. When I move it elsewhere it won?t make the game work.

The AllPlayers folder, which I think is supposed to record progress, is in C:\Users\[My username]\Documents\SavedGames\東方夢終劇 ~ Concealed the Conclusion. I can copy the bootlog.txt from it if anyone thinks that would be helpful.

Another thing is it appears to install successfully, including the Windows 3.5 Net Framework SP1 it requires, but when you look in ?Turn Windows Features On or Off? in the control panel, it just lists .NET framework 3.5 and inactive subcategories, with no qualifier or anything stating it has SP1. Is it supposed to be that way? (If I try to download the framework separately on the site that, my computer just asks if I want the program to make changes but then nothing happens though the installation page on the microsoft site only lists Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP for supported operating systems, and I have Windows 8, so maybe that's to be expected).

So that?s that. I really want to get v3 working because it seems to have a better interface, and new menu music, and I?m wondering what else the game might offer. So if you can help I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:51:51 PM by Awexomecross20X6 »