Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208378 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 10:25:07 AM »
Servant drop rates in the gacha is 3% for an SR (1.3% for someone on rate-up, if they're the only SR on rate-up) and 1% for an SSR (0.7% for a solo rate-up).

The only time these numbers change is during a Guaranteed SSR Gacha (where you have to have an SSR Servant somewhere in the roll) or if you somehow get a sub-minimum 10-roll (either no Servants or no Craft Essences at SR or SSR rarities; they move the rates for one of the rolls around into a 96% chance at a 3* Servant or 4* CE respectively).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:36:31 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »
IT'S ALMOST NERO TIME BITCHEZZZZ
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 05:03:27 PM »
IT'S ALMOST NERO TIME BITCHEZZZZ
Also, it will soon be time to get Moon Cancer.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 05:07:10 PM »
Yeah but Nero

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 05:13:51 PM »
Eh, I already have both Neros, so I'll just be focusing on getting either one of the Alter Egos for the time being :V

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »
You could have MORE Nero

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 12:18:28 AM »
I'm severely lacking in Sabers, so I'd be happy to pull a Nero :derp: both Salter and Okita completely ignored my summons, so I still only have just sumanai and liz

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2019, 02:20:09 AM »
So what do I do with my quartz? Should I be saving it or using it, and where do I use it?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2019, 02:27:30 AM »
Trying to exclusively save for any one future Servant in particular would just cripple you in the long run, so feel free to throw in some quartz on any banner that interests you. It's not a meta-heavy game by any means, but you do want a decently-sized roster to deal with a good amount of scenarios.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:29:45 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2019, 02:36:49 AM »
Is the story banner good? It seems like it might only be giving me things that are going to end up being free, but I'm not done with the second story area yet so I don't know how that will ultimately work. I got a caster Cu Chulain for free, does each area give me that area's partner unit and is that banner just duplicates of them?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2019, 03:27:39 AM »
Story reward Servants are usually a particularly prominent ally 3*, you won't be getting any 4*s or above that way.

The story banner isn't a particularly good investment, but it does contain storylocked Servants (e.g. Nero from the Septem Singularity) that are exclusive to that banner unless a limited banner offers one of those Servants on rate-up, and usually those rate-up banners are a better investment if you want one of them in particular.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2019, 04:35:17 AM »
I'm probably gonna drop two ten-pulls and several tickets on the next event since I wanna try and get an alter-ego and then I'll be mostly saving up for the Salem chapter release in order to get a foreigner.

Deep down though, I've got a very very bad feeling that none of this is going to help. ;>; I feel like I used up all my luck with that super lucky Gorgon pull back during Babylonia, considering she was the only servant I wanted due to having no avenger at the time.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2019, 06:09:04 AM »

I've been using NPC friends whenever possible so things can remain challenging, but having some high-level friends around will probably he handy for some stuff.
Sending a friend req to you.  (Name is Aya, ID: 084,898,611)  I'm guessing my Berzerker would be the equivalent of bringing a tactical nuke to a knife fight.

Don't forget to set up your Support servants.  Go to Formation > Support Setup.

That said, don't neglect the events if you can.  Even if you can't get the welfare servant (and all of their Ascension materials), there are valuable 4* Exp cards and 3* Fou's usually in the event shops.  Not to mention often difficult to obtain Skill Up/Ascension mats too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 06:15:37 AM by Aya Reiko »

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2019, 08:58:57 AM »
Just leveled and got another friend slot, so I went ahead and shot you a friend request as well

---

Also, just finished up with the 1mil points on both sides of the event. Took longer than I'd have liked it to, but at least I didn't have to use a bunch of apples for it. I guess I'll finish up a bit of currency farming then start trying to hoard exp for BB

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »
That said, don't neglect the events if you can.  Even if you can't get the welfare servant (and all of their Ascension materials), there are valuable 4* Exp cards and 3* Fou's usually in the event shops.  Not to mention often difficult to obtain Skill Up/Ascension mats too.
With that said, bum rush this event now, while you still have time to. Between the bunch of us I know you have on your friends list with high level Nobus, Okitas, and/or Hijikatas, you should have very little trouble for most of this event, since all three of them get a massive buff to their damage on top of the relatively mid-tier strength of the enemy forces.

The next event will likely be beyond you, however. It demands you've beaten the entire first part of the game (and get that golden cross on your profile), and we're not quite up to the part where Support Servants only can get you all the way there. You do get 1/2 AP Main Quests right now, though, and the event lasts 21 days after that.

In roll news, I tossed a bunch of tickets into the White UMU banner and ended up getting red UMU instead. I am fully prepared to whale a bit for Meltryllis and/or Kiara; though given how volatile my luck's been up lately, that only means I'm willing to buy Quartz once for them and am also fully prepared to get zero Alter Egos this time around.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:31:32 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2019, 03:43:07 PM »
What do tickets do?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2019, 03:48:44 PM »
You can spend them instead of 3 SQ on a single SQ summon. (Sadly, gathering 10 tickets does not allow you to spend them on a single 10-pull; you have to do 10 individual single pulls with them.)
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
So ticket summons aren't special, they're just the equivalent of three stones? I wasn't sure if they gave better rates or anything.

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2019, 06:33:35 PM »
Yeah, tickets should have the same rates as regular quartz as far as I've seen. I've personally had really bad luck with quartz and most of my SSRs came from tickets, but I'd say it's just dumb luck playing tricks on me and nothing more than a placebo effect.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:53 AM »
Tickets might be better! Jalter came to me from a ticket.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2019, 02:06:16 AM »
For low-rarity Servant recommendations, I'd suggest raising at least the following:
  • Georgios: With Mash's ascensions being storylocked, you'd want a decent tank option to fall back on, and he can fill in that role quite nicely.
  • Hans: AKA Budget Waver, despite the chance-based gimmick, the buffs offered by his NP are still quite strong and may be a lifesaver in some cases.
  • Cu Chulainn (Lancer): Despite the memes of him being the franchise's Kenny, he's an absolute beast at holding the line due to his kit and a quirk with Guts that allows him to basically skip an enemy turn if he was killed with Guts active while being the last man standing.
  • Medea: Due to how rare other DPS Casters are, she might be your only DPS Caster option for quite a while. That said, she still performs quite well due to her highly spammable NP.

So the only one of these that I've been able to pick up so far (not that I've done a crazy number of pulls or anything) is Lancer Cu Chulainn. He seems pretty neat. How does Guts work exactly? If you have the Guts status and would die then you survive with a little bit of HP left, is that right?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2019, 02:31:55 AM »
Yep, that's pretty much it.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that the Guts quirk I mentioned also works with Georgios if he dies with it on while he still also has Target Focus active.

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2019, 03:27:54 AM »
Something good to note about Cu is that his Protection From Arrows is an evade skill that lasts forever (until 3 hits) so it's best to fire it off immediately so the cooldown can start cooling down, and most times you can put it back up again once he runs out of evades unless the enemy has been picking on him particularly much. He gets his reputation as an undying cockroach for good reason, ransa ga shinda memes aside he's really tough to actually kill until he is the only target left. Even then he can hold the fort for a few turns with more Evade and Guts like Leon mentioned.

Tickets might be better! Jalter came to me from a ticket.

That could well be possible, I was a bit hesitant to say as much if it was just me, but it seems a lot of people I know also have good luck with tickets, so it might actually be A Thing.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:29:33 AM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2019, 05:25:00 PM »
How do I tell if something's rare? Is it just based on stars or are there rarities within that?

One of my buddies started playing last night and got Tamamo Cat as his first pull, isn't she pretty rare?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »
How do I tell if something's rare? Is it just based on stars or are there rarities within that?

One of my buddies started playing last night and got Tamamo Cat as his first pull, isn't she pretty rare?

Pretty much just stars, but within the same star ratings, there can be "limited" servants which are only available during specific banners, while others are available in any banner. They're all part of the same chance bucket, though.

Tamamo Cat's a pretty rare 4-star, but your tutorial roll is guaranteed to give you at least 1 4-star servant from a small list, so it's understandable.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »
Yeah, the starting summon guarantees you at least one 4* Servant from a predetermined list:

* Siegfried (Saber)
* Chevalier d'Eon (Saber)
* Elisabeth Bathory (Lancer)
* Emiya (Archer)
* Marie Antoinette (Rider)
* Saint Martha (Rider)
* Stheno (Assassin)
* Carmilla (Assassin)
* Heracles (Berserker)
* Tamamo Cat (Berserker)

They're all rare (or Super Rare, to use gacha game terms) outside of the Tutorial Summon.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2019, 07:01:53 PM »
Oh man, I could have gotten Emiya? I mean, Stheno is fine... I guess... :D

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2019, 08:21:26 PM »
We'll be getting a 4-star Exchange Ticket some time later this year, when our equivalent of the 10m Downloads Campaign hits, so if you want to you can spend that on getting a guaranteed Emiya. Or on basically any other (non-limited) 4 star servant, if there happens to be another in the list who catches your interest.

Speaking of said ticket, I'm still torn on who to choose for mine. I don't know whether I'll be taking Salter, Rama, Saberlot or Helena.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »
I need to decide between Nero, Lizard, or Medusa Lily myself. (Assuming I don't get a Nero or four during the CCC event)