Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 219681 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 08:37:18 AM »
>"Well, some of my 'magic junk' is at least a little valuable, but it certainly wouldn't look that way to an ordinary person."
>"Anyway, I think I'm basically ready to go if you are. Put a nice distance between this investigation and us, get a bit closer to the grail, and with any luck Berserker and Assassin will take care of each other on their own."
>"...not that I'm counting on luck."

>"How are we getting there?" says Archer. "Are we going the direct way?"

>_

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »
>"I don't really see why not. There's plenty of traffic heading in that direction, so I don't imagine we'd stand out."
>"Well, I mean, as direct as we can manage. I don't know exactly where the grail is, just the general area."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »
>"I don't really see why not. There's plenty of traffic heading in that direction, so I don't imagine we'd stand out."
>"Well, I mean, as direct as we can manage. I don't know exactly where the grail is, just the general area."

>"That's true," says Archer. "But my thoughts are this. We know there are at least three servants currently active here within the past half day, myself included. And there was a fourth. And I think we can be sure their masters all know at least as much about where the grail is as you do. So any master is going to know eventually they need to find this Delaware place. So if I were looking to get some information on other masters for free, I'd watch the main way between there and here if I knew other masters were here. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong, but it may be worth keeping in mind."

>_

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2017, 09:05:11 AM »
>"That's a fair point.... Okay, so let's assume that someone's watching the road and that this someone recognizes that I'm a master. They won't be able to learn much about you or either of our capabilities if we're just driving, most of them certainly shouldn't be willing to attack us in the middle of a busy highway in broad daylight. So let's say they learn what I look like and what car I'm driving.... But if they could just tell I was a master from such brief contact anyway, would them knowing that really matter? They'd presumably be able to figure it out just as quickly if we ran into each other in Delaware, regardless of if they noted me here or not. ...unless, of course, they have mundane resources they could use to track me by appearance long-distance - contacts already in place or other rich-person connections."
>"Of course, if watching the main road makes so much sense then surely other masters might think to avoid it too and- ...do you think I may be overthinking this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2017, 09:21:12 AM »
>"That's a fair point.... Okay, so let's assume that someone's watching the road and that this someone recognizes that I'm a master. They won't be able to learn much about you or either of our capabilities if we're just driving, most of them certainly shouldn't be willing to attack us in the middle of a busy highway in broad daylight. So let's say they learn what I look like and what car I'm driving.... But if they could just tell I was a master from such brief contact anyway, would them knowing that really matter? They'd presumably be able to figure it out just as quickly if we ran into each other in Delaware, regardless of if they noted me here or not. ...unless, of course, they have mundane resources they could use to track me by appearance long-distance - contacts already in place or other rich-person connections."
>"Of course, if watching the main road makes so much sense then surely other masters might think to avoid it too and- ...do you think I may be overthinking this?"

>"Naw, it's always good to carry these kinds of things to the end," says Archer.

>_
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:23:15 AM by Purji Costavis »

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2017, 09:35:11 AM »
>"It's difficult to predict exactly what any of these masters might do, but the traffic itself should serve as our best deterrent to ambush and since Assassin already knows what we look like anyway.... I think I'm leaning towards just taking the main road out of here and keeping an eye out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2017, 09:46:15 AM »
>"It's difficult to predict exactly what any of these masters might do, but the traffic itself should serve as our best deterrent to ambush and since Assassin already knows what we look like anyway.... I think I'm leaning towards just taking the main road out of here and keeping an eye out."

>Archer nods. "That's fine, I just wanted to know that you weighed those things beforehand, you know?"

>_

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2017, 09:49:51 AM »
>"Yeah, I appreciate it."
>"So... shall we be off?"
>Assuming no objection, let's pack all our stuff in our car and make for Delaware!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2017, 10:41:17 AM »
>"Yeah, I appreciate it."
>"So... shall we be off?"
>Assuming no objection, let's pack all our stuff in our car and make for Delaware!

>"Sounds like a plan," says Archer.
>You lead up your things, it's easy enough to do, the only one you really have to worry about is the backpack with the the mana battery in it. You can probably pad that with some clothes. You load up the backseat with the stuff you got yesterday, make a stop at the local filling station, and then make for the highway! It shouldn't be too hard, you just follow I-90, then either stay on it and deal with toll roads, or hop onto state route 30, take a bit longer, and drive for free. That'll get you as far as Ohio, as least.
>Then you get onto the highway to find it has turned into a slow-moving parking lot... Archer doesn't seem too concerned, she's too busy eating up your data plan on your phone. But with things going as they are, it's a perfect opportunity just talk about something.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »
>Geez, she's still got her nose in our phone? We're going to need it back from her at some point, hopefully there won't be any trouble in that process.
>"So Archer, what do you think of modern life and technology now that you've spent a day of being summoned?"
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 01:07:59 PM »
> Did we remember our car charger for our phone? If she's gonna poke at it for that long it'd be a good idea to have it plugged it.
> Also, did we remember to bring our 3DS? She might get a kick out of that.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »
>Geez, she's still got her nose in our phone? We're going to need it back from her at some point, hopefully there won't be any trouble in that process.
>"So Archer, what do you think of modern life and technology now that you've spent a day of being summoned?"

>"It's three parts wonder, two parts dizzying, and one part disgusting," Archer says. "Except for when those get swapped around."

> Did we remember our car charger for our phone? If she's gonna poke at it for that long it'd be a good idea to have it plugged it.
> Also, did we remember to bring our 3DS? She might get a kick out of that.

>You sure did!
>You have it in your purse.

>_

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2017, 09:11:39 PM »
>"I won't argue the disgusting part. I mean, I like it here for the most part, but for all the amazing things humans have accomplished over the centuries - in science and technology, medicine and even social equality - there's stuff that's gotten damaged in the process and old inequities that have never gone away. I mean, you saw some of that with Koch already and he's far from the only one. But for every mess that Big Oil makes, there's someone pioneering new cures to rare diseases or producing technology that makes real people's lives better. Just have to hope we can keep the balance from getting too busted."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 09:17:16 PM »
>"I won't argue the disgusting part. I mean, I like it here for the most part, but for all the amazing things humans have accomplished over the centuries - in science and technology, medicine and even social equality - there's stuff that's gotten damaged in the process and old inequities that have never gone away. I mean, you saw some of that with Koch already and he's far from the only one. But for every mess that Big Oil makes, there's someone pioneering new cures to rare diseases or producing technology that makes real people's lives better. Just have to hope we can keep the balance from getting too busted."

>"It's weird that everyone can read now, too," she says. "I don't know if we even had any kind of signs with writing on them in Nottingham."

>_

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 09:24:50 PM »
>"Yeah, it's considered a big failure of our education system these days whenever there's anyone who can't read. And now they can read things people write from literally the other side of the world mere seconds after they wrote it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »
>"Yeah, it's considered a big failure of our education system these days whenever there's anyone who can't read. And now they can read things people write from literally the other side of the world mere seconds after they wrote it."

>"Yeah, I've noticed that," says Archer. "Apparently there were some pretty big empires past Rome. Well, I guess it's Italy now? It's a little hard to adjust to some parts, I'm used to more green things around."

>_

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2017, 09:40:43 PM »
>"Well, there's plenty of the world still like that; this is just a more urban area. We should pass a bunch more green on the road, eventually."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2017, 10:01:13 PM »
>"Well, there's plenty of the world still like that; this is just a more urban area. We should pass a bunch more green on the road, eventually."

>"Oh good," says Archer. "I had seen some pictures, but I was starting to worry a little. So why are they people not driving like yesterday when they were all fast?"

>_

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2017, 10:05:49 PM »
>"A traffic jam of some kind. A bunch of people being slowed down for some reason further up the road which is making all the rest of us have to slow down, too. Might just be too crowded at some point."
>Do we have enough experience on this road to know whether this is typical or not?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »
>"A traffic jam of some kind. A bunch of people being slowed down for some reason further up the road which is making all the rest of us have to slow down, too. Might just be too crowded at some point."
>Do we have enough experience on this road to know whether this is typical or not?

>"Ah, right," says Archer. "I guess it's still easier than walking."
>It happens sometimes, but this is pretty bad.

>_

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2017, 10:21:52 PM »
>We're moving slowly enough that it's safe to actually check the traffic report on our phone, right?
>If so: "Hey, can I have my phone for a sec? I want to check the traffic report."
>And then do so

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2017, 10:48:47 PM »
>We're moving slowly enough that it's safe to actually check the traffic report on our phone, right?
>If so: "Hey, can I have my phone for a sec? I want to check the traffic report."
>And then do so

>Oh yeah, unless a miracle happens.
>"Yeah, sure," says Archer as she hands it over. Huh, looks like she's been going though Wikipedia; looking at the Flag of Nottinghamshire at the moment.
>You check a traffic report. Mmm, looks like a lot of Calumet is kind of bad right now..,it seems that the neighborhood where Charles was killed has been all but cordoned off, and it has disrupted all kinds of traffic. And...apparently there is something about National Guard movements, as well? That's worrying.

>_

>_

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2017, 10:57:06 PM »
>National Guard movements? As in, sending them in to Calumet City to help keep order here?
>Anything we can find about police checks on the roads, by any chance?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 11:51:09 PM »
>National Guard movements? As in, sending them in to Calumet City to help keep order here?
>Anything we can find about police checks on the roads, by any chance?

>It seems they are being placed around Calumet and the Greater Chicago area, in anticipation of disorder?
>Not much, save where they are. Details are sparse on official channels. There may be something in the comments, but ugh. Comments while trying to drive.

>_

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2017, 12:16:20 AM »
>"It looks like they're calling in the National Guard in case things here get dicey, which is probably why everything's so slow. They cordoned off the whole area Koch died in. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there were police checks on the road here - let me know if you spot anything that looks like one."
>During times when it doesn't actually distract us from driving (during actual stops for example), let's page through unofficial channels to see if we pick up on anything relevant

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2017, 12:56:20 AM »
>"It looks like they're calling in the National Guard in case things here get dicey, which is probably why everything's so slow. They cordoned off the whole area Koch died in. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there were police checks on the road here - let me know if you spot anything that looks like one."
>During times when it doesn't actually distract us from driving (during actual stops for example), let's page through unofficial channels to see if we pick up on anything relevant

>"Got it," says Archer.
>You look into some comment sections, and quickly regret it. Many report that they didn't have any real problem with the checks, which just seem to involve popping one's trunk and glovebox for the police. Others describe more invasive procedures, and some have tales of seeing people lead away for further checking. From there branch arguments about how necessary the process is, who exactly is being targeted, which rights are or are not being violated, whether martial law has been officially declared, whether or nto people complaining are the ones who need to be run through any number of checkpoints, and so on. There are numerous implications that the searches are racially motivated, and what follows alone is enough to make commentary not worth reading anymore. There are also questions of just how effectively the National Guard were able to mobile on such short notice, with a consensus on not very. And then there are conspiracy theories about how that's not true. But it is enough to conclude things are a mess.

>_

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2017, 01:12:16 AM »
>Do we have anything magically incriminating in our trunk or glovebox?
>For that matter, just having some inconspicuous magic item being seen by civilians isn't exactly breaking taboo, is it? Surely our Wall stones and such aren't any stranger looking than all manner of non-functional New Age-y faux charms.
>Though where is the gold cylinder stored? That would certainly catch civilian attention if they went rooting through stuff.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 01:18:13 AM »
>Do we have anything magically incriminating in our trunk or glovebox?
>For that matter, just having some inconspicuous magic item being seen by civilians isn't exactly breaking taboo, is it? Surely our Wall stones and such aren't any stranger looking than all manner of non-functional New Age-y faux charms.
>Though where is the gold cylinder stored? That would certainly catch civilian attention if they went rooting through stuff.

>You don't think so.
>Your Enchanted Knife might catch a little attention due to being a knife. Otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.
>Civilians seeing them is one thing. Flashing them around is another thing.  You should be fine as long as no one really makes a big deal about it.
>You have that in your backpack.

>_

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2017, 01:23:23 AM »
>By our own estimation, how conspicuous does Archer look if one were to peek into our car?
>But we're presumably surrounded by too many other cars for her just to vanish, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2017, 01:26:41 AM »
>By our own estimation, how conspicuous does Archer look if one were to peek into our car?
>But we're presumably surrounded by too many other cars for her just to vanish, right?

>Very.
>You'd have to hope no one notices.

>_