Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 219671 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #990 on: February 16, 2018, 06:38:35 AM »
> Let's start with Kitt's Hummock.
> "We'll check out this little town first. If I can't sense anything there, we'll try further out."

>"Got it," says Archer.
>The two of you pile into your car and head out. According tot he map, it should only take a little over an hour to get there. In practice, it takes closer to two as you deal with rush hour traffic and dodge around toll roads. Along the way you pas through Dover, which doesn't seem to be much special compared to Calumet City, and snake alongside an aide force base. You start to wonder after the base if you've somehow missed it as you drive along a little country road lined with farm fields and blocky prefab houses as well as the occasional trailer house. Then the fields give way to bogs and a little sign on the road welcomes you to Kitt's Hummock Beach.  A moment later, following a little curve, you reach the place proper, It is just a single road running perpendicular to the one leading into town, with little kind of run down houses along both sides. Past those, you can see the ocean stretching along the horizon. It looks oddly similar to one of the great lakes, really. As near as you can tell, there isn't even a corner store here.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #991 on: February 16, 2018, 07:18:57 AM »
> "I'm surprised they even bothered to put this place on the map."
> Find a spot to park next to the beach and get a whiff of the ocean breeze. If there is one.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #992 on: February 16, 2018, 07:47:11 AM »
> "I'm surprised they even bothered to put this place on the map."
> Find a spot to park next to the beach and get a whiff of the ocean breeze. If there is one.

>You follow the road down a little dead end, where there is some kind of unmarked building that looks...not entirely like a private residence? Maybe it's some kind of beach house?
>There's a tiny parking lot that you don't think is private, at least. No one seems to yell at you for doing so, at least. A pathway leads around it and to the beach. Following it, you find a few kids are playing around the beach. There are a few people stretched out on blankets despite the cloudy skies; you think they're probably just relaxing or reading something.. It's not terribly active; you doubt there's going to be a lot of visitors at this time of day. Clearly the place isn't made to support or cater to them. Nor is it very large, perhaps a few yards worth of sand before reaching the surf. The ocean stretches out over and past the horizon, grayish waves make their way toward shore. It feels almost exactly like standing at the shore of a great lake, though perhaps a bit sandier.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #993 on: February 16, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
> Take in the scene for a moment, looking out over the water, then...
> Use the Force. Is the Grail out there, beyond the waves?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #994 on: February 16, 2018, 10:00:38 PM »
> Take in the scene for a moment, looking out over the water, then...
> Use the Force. Is the Grail out there, beyond the waves?

>While hardly impressive or picturesque, there is a certain lazy charm to this whole scene that you find curiously pleasing.
>It's...hard to be sure. You definitely want to go further east, but also further south...

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #995 on: February 16, 2018, 10:21:34 PM »
> "It's a nice little place. I wonder what it'd be like to live here."
> "...But, this isn't it. Come on, we'll travel closer to the open ocean."
> Pack up and head toward Rehoboth.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #996 on: February 16, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
> "It's a nice little place. I wonder what it'd be like to live here."
> "...But, this isn't it. Come on, we'll travel closer to the open ocean."
> Pack up and head toward Rehoboth.

>"It's not a bad little village," says Archer. You wouldn't call it a village, it's just a two dozen or so houses on a road, it's not even a neighborhood...
>Archer nods. "Alright."
>You work out the directions as on your phone. As you do, you notice that it seems like Archer and Lancer had a long conversation last night; you didn't notice beforehand due to other distractions while you were around IHOP, but now there's little else to do but alt tab while waiting for directions to process. They seem easy enough to follow, it should be about an hour to get there. What a tiny state...

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #997 on: February 16, 2018, 11:41:59 PM »
> Don't spend too much time parsing it, but what did they talk about?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #998 on: February 17, 2018, 12:26:50 AM »
> Don't spend too much time parsing it, but what did they talk about?

>At a glance, you see a something about the Blackfeet.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #999 on: February 17, 2018, 01:09:55 AM »
> Hop in the car.
> "Lancer was feeling talkative, huh? I saw something about the Blackfeet, was he telling you about that pipeline thing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1000 on: February 17, 2018, 01:19:00 AM »
> Hop in the car.
> "Lancer was feeling talkative, huh? I saw something about the Blackfeet, was he telling you about that pipeline thing?"

>"He said you were going to read through our conversation," Archer says. "Yeah, he was telling me about the various people who used to live here."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #1001 on: February 17, 2018, 01:27:39 AM »
> "Is that alright with you? I just checked for messages and skimmed it while I was waiting for the map to load."
> "But yeah. In all honesty Kimimela isn't unjustified in what she wants to wish for, but I don't think it would end very well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1002 on: February 17, 2018, 01:39:37 AM »
> "Is that alright with you? I just checked for messages and skimmed it while I was waiting for the map to load."
> "But yeah. In all honesty Kimimela isn't unjustified in what she wants to wish for, but I don't think it would end very well."

>"I don't have time for spies, no," Archer says, as she steals the car.