Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 219700 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2017, 11:43:12 AM »
> What meme shirts do we have at our disposal?

Not to be that guy, but I-90 doesn't pass through Pittsburgh. The section of I-90 contained within Pennsylvania is entirely within the little northwestern nub, which means the closest it comes to Pittsburgh is going through Erie, a couple of hours north. I-80 comes a lot closer (and is probably a better overall choice for going to Delaware, players), though it doesn't quite actually going into the city.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:45:10 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »
> GIVE HER A THREE WOLF MOON SHIRT

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »
I was thinking a Link shirt would be amusing, actually.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2017, 06:32:21 PM »
Yes, I'd figured route #2 was the best option, even if it's slightly longer. Greater ease of finding inconspicuous places to pull over if we need to, but also a presumably more scenic route for was Archer's sake, which is not to be underestimated.

(For the record, the first meme shirt that dug itself into my brain was a paradox-inducing "People die when they are killed". I'm pretty sure the mere existence of that in our backpack causes some sort of Bad End)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
> What meme shirts do we have at our disposal?

>Whichever ones you grabbed. And you have too many at home...

>You might've grabbed that one, for instance.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2017, 05:48:52 AM »

>SO YOU DO! Archer looks at it, then says, "Huh, that's kind of pretty. I like this one!"
>It takes a few moments to get dressed. When she comes back, you see it was...mostly a success. Your shirt hangs off her a bit, and is just a tad too short, letting her stomach peek though every so often. Your pants are definitely baggy on her, and don't go all the way down to her ankles; good thing you brought a belt! Luckily, she does seem to be the same shoe size as you, so your socks and back-up pair of gym shoes work nicely for her.
>"Could be worse," she says. "Reminds me of wearing hand me downs from my older sister, really."

>_

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2017, 06:17:33 AM »
>Archer's bow and quiver and such are spiritually manifested, right? So we don't actually need to explain away or disguise them - they're just conveniently absent at the moment, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2017, 06:17:57 AM »
>Archer's bow and quiver and such are spiritually manifested, right? So we don't actually need to explain away or disguise them - they're just conveniently absent at the moment, right?

>You think they are.

>_

« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2017, 06:24:26 AM »
>"I didn't know you had a sister! Well, er, I guess legends don't usually mention a hero's family very much unless something bad happened to them, do they?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2017, 06:52:58 AM »
>"I didn't know you had a sister! Well, er, I guess legends don't usually mention a hero's family very much unless something bad happened to them, do they?"

>"I guess not," says Archer. "Mine just went on to marry some farmer whose name I forgot. Hal-something or other."

>_

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2017, 07:00:21 AM »
>"Did you... ever get to spend any time with your family after you became an outlaw?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »
>"Did you... ever get to spend any time with your family after you became an outlaw?"

>"Yeah, sometimes," says Archer. "That's part of the point from striking from the shadows, once you done you just blend right back in."

>_

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2017, 07:26:13 AM »
>"Glad to hear it. I mean, I'm not really all that close with my own parents, but I know how much family means to a lot of people."
>"I'm curious now; how much truth was there to all these Merry Men you had following you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2017, 07:30:31 AM »
>"Glad to hear it. I mean, I'm not really all that close with my own parents, but I know how much family means to a lot of people."
>"I'm curious now; how much truth was there to all these Merry Men you had following you?"

>"Well, I did get a few friends here and again..." says Archer, as she makes her way back toward the car. "Usually people who got wronged by the Earl."

>_

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2017, 07:38:41 AM »
>"I'll guess the 'seven score' was an embellishment, though?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2017, 07:43:54 AM »
>"I'll guess the 'seven score' was an embellishment, though?"

>"Yeesh, I could have taken over Nottingham myself with that many!" she says.

>_

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »
>"Well, you know how storytellers get sometimes. Most of the versions I've seen have a lot fewer."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2017, 08:23:20 AM »
>"Well, you know how storytellers get sometimes. Most of the versions I've seen have a lot fewer."

>"Never had more than a couple at a time," she says. "But they tended to come and go."

>_

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2017, 08:37:52 AM »
>"Got tired of the lifestyle or got caught?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
>"Got tired of the lifestyle or got caught?"

>"Both of those," she says. "Or they finally felt like they avenged themselves. There were all kinds of reasons."

>_

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2017, 09:24:14 AM »
>"Yeah, I guess there would be. ...you don't mind me asking about things like this, do you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2017, 09:29:02 AM »
>"Yeah, I guess there would be. ...you don't mind me asking about things like this, do you?"

>"Oh, there's no problem," she says. "As long as we get on our way, you can ask me as much as you like!"

>_

« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2017, 09:50:32 AM »
>Well, let's get this road trip back on the road again, route #2.
>And along the way, let's chat a little about what it was like to live the life behind the legends

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2017, 10:58:55 AM »
>Well, let's get this road trip back on the road again, route #2.
>And along the way, let's chat a little about what it was like to live the life behind the legends

>You make your way toward Gary, and from there toward Indiana State Route 30!
>...
>This is gonna take awhile. Between a surprising number of traffic lights in towns you knew about as a child but never really visited and long stretches of nothing but corn, it's going to be a dull trip. The highway, at least, has the decency to be divided and two lanes to a side, so you have some room to maneuver. Not that traffic is very heavy. Still, it almost feels like you can just forget about the events of last night, and what's been going on today...
>Archer, at least, is fairly chatty, curious about the corn in the fields; reminding you that it was never in England until the New World was discovered, commenting on random cars, and sometimes telling bits of her story at your prodding. She doesn't dwell much on her early life, but it seems she was born to farmers, more or less indistinguishable from most of the people at the time. She hints that she had a tendency to run off on her own and get lost in the forest, and that she knew a local druid. She doesn't go much into what precisely convinced her to take up the mantle that she did, aside from the local lord taxing the further and further. What is does dwell on is her lifelong war against the lord, telling tales of ambushes she set, traps she laid, and daring escapes from hunting parties after her. This all comes in pits and pieces, you have to put them together yourself. You may have to press her to get more information when she is less distracted by travel.
>A couple hours and some change have passed since you broke free of the traffic jam on the interstate. You are passing through a little town called Plymouth, and note you are low on gas. This shouldn't be too difficult to remedy here.

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
>How likely will we be able to find an gas station if we just keep following the route ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
>How likely will we be able to find an gas station if we just keep following the route ?

>There's sure to be some further down the road, after who knows how many miles worth of farms and such? However, that will probably put you closer to empty than you would like if there is some emergency and you have to leave the highway.

>_

« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2017, 09:08:37 PM »
>Well, then let's go find a gas station nearby

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2017, 09:37:15 PM »
>Well, then let's go find a gas station nearby

>It doesn't take you long to find one that isn't too crowded.
>You pull in and get out. Archer does the same as you start up the pump and swipe your card through it. She leans against the car and looks around. "I don't like it here," she says.

>_

« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »
>"Oh? Any particular reason?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
>"Oh? Any particular reason?"

>"There's something in the air," she says. "It's got me on edge."

>_