Author Topic: Touhou Project 16.5 「Secret Sealing Nightmare Diary ~ Violet Detector」  (Read 107018 times)

Re: Touhou Project 16.5 「Secret Sealing Nightmare Diary ~ Violet Detector」
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »
Touhou debuting on Steam was pretty hype, which gave HSiFS a really big push in of sales and reviews. In fact for HSiFS the review push was so big that the game became the #1 hidden gem on Steam for a few weeks. It helped that HSiFS was a pretty good game.
16.5 is a side game so I'm not surprised if it doesn't sell as well. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if side games were less popular than the main games in general.
Though it's also possible that there's people who, uh, previewed the game and decided not to buy it on Steam.
I do agree with Drake that it doesn't really matter whether the game sells well or is reviewed well. What matters is that people are buying VD on Steam.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:53:43 PM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

-snip probably just steam bugging out-
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:52:11 PM by Fluury »

Deftera Ikari

• Sin of Wrath within Chantiscor
  • I can manipulate fiery blazes and frosty ice
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Touhou Project 16.5 「Secret Sealing Nightmare Diary ~ Violet Detector」
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:18 AM »
This game is rather hard... I can say that it's lunatic mode on with special abilities but I can't find an English patch

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
This game is rather hard... I can say that it's lunatic mode on with special abilities but I can't find an English patch
In my humble opinion and analysis that is one of its main goals.
Touhou (and related) Photography(and Photography-like) /Danmaku genre,with "Violet Detector being indeed the " Prime among them ", does not grant the choosing of difficulty resulting in them having it " implicitly set by the genre,gameplay and mechanics".This result in a strong trend with them being milder during beginnings(tutorials),earlier stages and "even part of the first half,but  the fundamental main difficulty/challenge settings are around Normal/Hard up to Lunatic and more .Those""special abilities" are granted since the "gameplay goals and mechanic" are overall more specialized,unexpected,less known and thus are harsher,in the majority of cases,whenever considered and compared to the Regular genre  by "the standard pf sing scene and encounter" instead of "the standarda series of stages".
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .