Author Topic: [Music] I made some Touhou Music  (Read 10295 times)

[Music] I made some Touhou Music
« on: April 28, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »
Hey guys,

I did some touhou music the past few months and want to share it with you.
Would also love to hear some feedback/critic.

Here is a youtube playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBxl2Qzmy6E&list=PL3_X1HFOXwDLUaq7DNnGaJuo5GqsM37vn

Also a question. Im not that familiar with the whole touhou culture, just love the music.
What exactly is a touhou circle? Am I one as an individual? Or is it more like a community?

Silent Sinner in Scarlet

• Chiptune musician in PMD98
  • I will remain silent on that question.
    • My musician profile on CD Baby
Re: [Music] I made some Touhou Music
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 02:54:10 PM »
One of the members of Keine Ahnung (a dōjin circle comprised of international people) can explain to you about circles.

In the meantime, I can say that your strongest ticket here to fame is Sleeping Terror. Have you considered showing this on Redditaisai (a Discord-based online Western alternative to Reitaisai & Comiket) this coming July 27? Do you have a Discord account? Mine is SilSinn9801#0413; I can invite you to at least one Discord server where you can showcase this playlist of yours.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 04:24:51 PM »
Ey thanks. I did not know about Redditaisai , have to look into that. Seams cool.

Yea im still growing as a musician so my last track is always my best one kinda xD
I feel like I finally reached a decent level of quality now with Sleeping Terror. Hope i can farther improve it in the future^^

Sure i add you on discord, thanks for the offer. (:

Z_A

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 06:25:54 PM »
Hi.

It's not all good, I have several complaints for each piece, but I'd say you've got a pretty good taste for what sounds nice, which I think is really important for an arranger (do you consider yourself one?)

U.N. Owen: it's not that much different from ZUN's original, but since you really played the guitar, that would be cool to watch rather than just listen. Like, a cover version or something... As for the complaints, I think some of the notes are wrong, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you know what you're doing.

Night of Nights: not bad, but I'd like some more completeness to the sound. Seems a bit empty-ish.

Wind God Girl: seems like the frequencies of certain instruments overlap a lot, that's not good, as the sound gets somewhat messy.

Sleeping Terror: not a fan of the original, but I like the sound very much.

@Silent Sinner in Scarlet: could you please comment on my stuff as well and tell if any of it is worth showing at the event you mentioned? Thanks!

Silent Sinner in Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »
I'll go soon, after I am done eating lunch.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 06:32:21 PM »
Thanks for your feedback Z_A
not exactly sure what the definition of arranger is tho. can u explain?

Yea in Wind God Girl i messed up the rythm guitar, too much mid freq. think thats messing with everything.
I will play some guitar on video someday, but im too lazy and have no cam atm.

I already listened to your stuff and its sure good enough. Just go for it ;)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 06:52:42 PM by Benjo »

Silent Sinner in Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 06:59:56 PM »
Let me introduce some definitions here:

A composer is a musician who writes an original piece of music (at least in notation format).

An arranger is a musician (could be the composer him/herself or someone else) who turns the notation of that piece of music and turns it into actual music (by specifying which instruments play which notes).

When the song is arranged by the same composer, it is said to be an original song (like all those BGMs made by ZUN himself). When such song is re-interpreted by another arranger (by changing the instruments, octave, tempo, and/or some backup melodies), then it is said to be an arranged song (examples: all that stuff made by IOSYS, Cool&Create, etc.). When only the instruments are changed (but the overall song is otherwise unchanged), then such arranged song is usually called a cover song.

I hope this explains everything to you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:05:43 PM by Silent Sinner in Scarlet »