Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77200 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #750 on: August 07, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »
> Get MTG a mic.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #751 on: August 07, 2009, 04:29:13 PM »
> "Oh my Suwako-sama....I-I'm G-GAR...I-I mean, straight for Marisa!"

> "Let's go see Reimu for now." Go to the Hakurei Shrine.

>You pick yourself up and try not to look like too much of a fool. Thankfully, this isn't difficult, your group as a whole seems to be in various stages of distraction or embarrassment themselves.
>There is murmured agreement, and you make your way toward the Hakurei Shrine, using the shortcut that Mystia showed you. It has been cleaned up a bit since you were last here; most of the papers are gone, though there are a couple rogue ones blowing about, and the tables and chairs have been neatly set aside. Obvious exits are West and East.
>You find Reimu near the side of the shrine, emptying green stuff from a wodden bucket into a large dish at her feet. Close by is a green tortoise about the size of a cow and an impressive beard, watching the fall of greenery with interest. Then she notices you. "If Yuyuko is trying to compress the past, present, and future into a single point or somesuch, can you ask her to wait a bit? I'm trying to feed my turtle."

> Get MTG a mic.

>Okay

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #752 on: August 07, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »
>"Nah, Ultimecia already tried that a few years ago. Some other ragtag band of heroes took care of it."

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #753 on: August 07, 2009, 11:18:11 PM »
> "Parsee's about to do that, actually. And she knows where you, your little friends and your pet turtle live."

> "Ok, seriously speaking, Parsee has just acquired the powers of some hobo queen off this hobo penny thing. That mean anything to you? And now she's out to get even, presumably with you and Marisa first, your teams during the subterranean spirit invasion incident second. Marisa's gone off to hold her off. We've left Patchouli and Nitori somewhere safe. Now we're going to warn Aya, Suika, Yukari and Alice...that is, if Alice is sane enough to be reasoned with. Are you with us? Or will the turtle need more babysitting? Look at him, he has a beard to rival my armpit hair. He's definitely old enough to take care of himself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #754 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:03 AM »
>"Nah, Ultimecia already tried that a few years ago. Some other ragtag band of heroes took care of it."

>"Oh good," says Reimu. "I couldn't be bothered."

> "Parsee's about to do that, actually. And she knows where you, your little friends and your pet turtle live."

> "Ok, seriously speaking, Parsee has just acquired the powers of some hobo queen off this hobo penny thing. That mean anything to you? And now she's out to get even, presumably with you and Marisa first, your teams during the subterranean spirit invasion incident second. Marisa's gone off to hold her off. We've left Patchouli and Nitori somewhere safe. Now we're going to warn Aya, Suika, Yukari and Alice...that is, if Alice is sane enough to be reasoned with. Are you with us? Or will the turtle need more babysitting? Look at him, he has a beard to rival my armpit hair. He's definitely old enough to take care of himself."

>Reimu listens to everything you say thoughtfully, then breaks out into laughter. After a couple moments to regain her composure, she blurts, "Parsee? Parsee?!" then falls back into belly laughs again; putting a hand on Genjii's shell to support herself. "Oh wow, that just made my day! Parsee wants revenge, and Marisa's going to go deal with it? You have any idea how much sleep I'll lose over this?" Still cackling, she sets the bucket aside and dusts off her hands. "Okay, for reals, I appreciate the warning, it's a pain when someone just bursts in on you in the middle of the night, right Rumia?"
>Rumia doesn't seem to catch Reimu's pointed glare, and says some tinny distortion in reply with a nod.
>"Hope that's not contagious," Reimu says. "But anyways. Don't tell her I said it, but Parsee is a scrub. I mean, I'm sure she's a nice sort if you get to know her? Yugi's gotta see something in her. But she's a roaring mouse, if you know what I mean. If Marisa's going to go sort her hash, I'm not too worried. I mean, we did take on...hell, I've lost count of how many people."
>She frowns. "But I guess you're concerned, aren't you? Well, I suppose I shouldn't take things that lightly. You mentioned some hobo queen? I've heard about that, it just took a minute to click. Grandma told me about her, back when she ran the shrine. Apparently there was some no-good kid who used to panhandle around here everyone so often. Never took baths, mugged people every so often, came and went with the wind; you know the type. She irked everyone so bad that they drove her off into the underground."
>"Why'd your grandmother tell you hobo stories?" asks Sakuya.
>Reimu shrugs. "She said something about hobos and Hakureis not being all that different. But anyhow, I'm pretty sure Marisa can handle it. And if I went looking for her and she came here, she'd probably wreck the place. That'd just be a pain, you know?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #755 on: August 08, 2009, 01:27:20 AM »
>"What're you feeding him, anyway?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #756 on: August 08, 2009, 01:32:20 AM »
>"What're you feeding him, anyway?"

>"Lettuce," Reimu answers, now smiling, "With some portobello mushrooms chopped up into it."
>"Life's been good lately," says Genjii in a slow kind of voice, and he approaches the dish.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #757 on: August 08, 2009, 02:06:04 AM »
>make sure the lettuce from the human village isn't soylent green

>"Any idea if the Hobo Queen lived in a giant bucket?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #758 on: August 08, 2009, 04:16:33 AM »
>make sure the lettuce from the human village isn't soylent green

>"Any idea if the Hobo Queen lived in a giant bucket?"

>"I dunno," says Reimu.
>"It was a washtub back then," Genjii says, before starting on his dinner.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #759 on: August 08, 2009, 04:20:23 AM »
>"I don't suppose you know the full story, Gramps?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #760 on: August 08, 2009, 04:35:25 AM »
>"I don't suppose you know the full story, Gramps?"

>Between mouthfuls of lettuce, Genjii says, "Oh not that much more than what young Reimu has told you. Girl made a nuisance of herself, and got run off underground. Well, that's what I hear. I think she just got tired of being around here."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #761 on: August 10, 2009, 07:48:17 AM »
>Ponder

>"Come to think of it, I'm not sure Parsee said who she was getting revenge on. Is there anyone else that she'd be upset with...?"

>ding

>"Um, maybe we should warn Former Hell about this too."

>also, examine Reimu

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #762 on: August 10, 2009, 07:57:11 AM »
>Ponder

>"Come to think of it, I'm not sure Parsee said who she was getting revenge on. Is there anyone else that she'd be upset with...?"

>ding

>"Um, maybe we should warn Former Hell about this too."

>also, examine Reimu

>"Might not be a bad idea," Reimu agrees.
>You look over Reimu. She certainly doesn't look like a zombie. Rather she looks like she's had an active day. Nothing about her strikes you as unusual; given the context of who it is.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #763 on: August 11, 2009, 08:17:21 AM »
> Open the options and turn the music volume to max.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #764 on: August 11, 2009, 08:37:53 AM »
> Open the options and turn the music volume to max.

>You open options, and turn the music up to 9! (Guide Me Along The Barren Path was made before they went up to ten).

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #765 on: August 11, 2009, 08:39:10 AM »
> Where were we again and what were we doing?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »
>You are presently at the Hakurei shrine. Up til now, you've been seeking out potential targets that you think Parsee is going to go after, and warn them that she's done something to herself that is probably dangerous for everyone involved.  Also you've been kinda gathering information on how you think Parsee learned to do all that, anyways, which has recently had results. C'mon man, reading is FUNdamental.

>_

« Reply #767 on: August 11, 2009, 09:09:54 AM »
>Review list of warned inhabitants.
>Search for blue mushrooms.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #768 on: August 11, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »
> Hey I do a lot of reading elsewhere too.
> Let's try the Human village and see if Yuka Akyu is around.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #769 on: August 11, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »
>Review list of warned inhabitants.
>Search for blue mushrooms.

>You have warned Marisa, Reimu, Nitori, and technically Patchouli. Nitori says that she will alert Aya. This leaves, of the suspects you've gathered, Yukari, Alice, and Suika. It is also possible she wants to get even with the residents of Former Hell as well.
>Sadly, there are no blue mushrooms around the Hakurei Shrine, just some lonely slips of paper presumably left over from the early gambling.

> Hey I do a lot of reading elsewhere too.
> Let's try the Human village and see if Yuka Akyu is around.

>That's what they all say.
>You depart from the shrine and make your way east toward the human village. Coming to the village square, you can see a number of houses and shops, as well as the schoolhouse where you met Not-Keine. Finding yourself at the main crossroads, you can see the main street leads north and south, while the western street you are heads toward the Hakurei shrine. Of particular interest is a building with a sign depicting a foaming mug; and with a huge motorcycle made of crude-looking pieces of junk parked beneath it. Obvious exits are west, north, and south.

>_

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #770 on: August 11, 2009, 09:28:01 AM »
> Announce our business

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #771 on: August 11, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
>Activate Were-Hakutaku Extra stage

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #772 on: August 11, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »
> Announce our business

>You loudly declare your reasons for being there, as though you were some kind of town crier. People seem to be mostly unimpressed by this.

>Activate Were-Hakutaku Extra stage

>You activate the Hakutaku Bonus Round!
>The world suddenly goes dark, as though all the light had been strained from it by some terrible process. Looking around, you can see that everything seems to have frozen in place. Only you seem to be unaffected by the stop in time, and seem to be the only one not cloaked in darkness. Then you try to take a step, and find you are unable to move from the spot even though you can look around freely. 
>You hear footsteps approaching. Looking over, you see...someone that looks like Keine walking toward you. Unlike the last person who looked like Keine, this person is not substantially overweight. Instead, her hair is bright red; otherwise she seems normal. She regards you curiously for a moment, then speaks. "I never expected this to happen. Well, let's be brief? I'm a hakutaku, a guardian and recorder of history. It is my duty to set down events that transpire as history, and as a consequence of that, I can choose to set aside some small things. And this..." she makes a general gesture toward the world, "...means you've said the words and you've said them rightly. If you can demonstrate to me a proper understanding and appreciation of history, I will be obligated to change one event as you wish, once, within limits."
>She holds up a finger. "Before you get too excited, let me give you some warnings. First of all, you have to prove that understanding and appreciation before I'll do anything; I'm not obligated to alter things for just any schmuck. And secondly...this is a double-edged gift, so listen closely. History arises from an impossibly immense interplay of forces, desires, and actions. Just changing one thing can have huge ramifications above and beyond anything either of us could imagine. For instance..." she fluffs her hair with a hand, "I've been trying to quietly remove my family's tendency toward diabetes. So I want you to understand, if you try to change something, I cannot begin to guarantee how other things may be affected. You may try to fix a problem only to have made it many times worse. It may well cause you to have died. I will say this, trying to affect the actions of others is much more likely to wreck things, and trying to affect forces typically outside of our control is pretty much asking for problems; so I will not be doing those things. Nor am I going to do something obviously stupid."
>She sighs. "Well, I suppose that wasn't very brief at all. So, do you want to try for this and run the very real risk of ruining your own life?"

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #773 on: August 11, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »
We live for danger, bitch.
>"It's on."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #774 on: August 11, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »
> Like Donkey Kong

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #775 on: August 11, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »
>"It's on."
> Like Donkey Kong

>"Very well. First, your demonstration. Please tell me how Zoroastrianism has affected the modern world."

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #776 on: August 14, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »
>After a moment of silence, Keine adds, "Oh! I should have mentioned! You can opt out, if you like. Nothing will happen if you do, there's no shame in it. Well, there's actually a great deal of shame in being ignorant of history, but I suppose not everyone has the opportunity to learn."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #777 on: August 14, 2009, 09:05:44 AM »
> I'll google for the answer once I get some free time my assignments.

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #778 on: August 17, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
> Get crazy and try to CAVE Keine.

> drool in front of Keine's face.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #779 on: August 17, 2009, 09:45:47 AM »
> Get crazy and try to CAVE Keine.

> drool in front of Keine's face.

>Being unable to move, and also lacking horns, your efforts to cave Keine don't really work, so you content yourself with jerking your head angrily in her direction and snarling. Then you drool a bit. "It's not that hard of a thing to explain, I don't think," says Keine with a frown.

>_