Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77172 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #630 on: August 01, 2009, 06:15:32 AM »
>Get moxious

>Sadly, you have no Moxie to drink.

> Rain Zimbabwean protest mob justice upon her door.

>You try to break through the door, but with your bare hands you aren't going to get very far. At least not while hanging off of a ladder on a speeding violence engine.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #631 on: August 01, 2009, 06:19:43 AM »
>Check if the steel parts can unlock or break the door

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #632 on: August 01, 2009, 06:28:04 AM »
>Check if the steel parts can unlock or break the door

>The Stainless Steel Parts are a collection of loose cogs, springs, and screws, a rogue spark plug, and other such objects. None of them seem very useful for window breaking, but you may be able to slide a flange among them along the edge of the door.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #633 on: August 01, 2009, 06:32:48 AM »
>Lockpick like a motherfucker

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #634 on: August 01, 2009, 06:34:21 AM »
> Turn any loose steel parts into steal parts.
> Spark plugs are good for smashing car windows. Use it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #635 on: August 01, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »
>Lockpick like a motherfucker

>You slide the flange through the edge of the door, and feel the lock give way with little resistance. The door flies open, nearly hitting you in the face.

> Turn any loose steel parts into steal parts.
> Spark plugs are good for smashing car windows. Use it.

>Having already dealt with the door; you were too close to effectively whip a spark plug anyways, you instead toss it at Nitori and bounce it off her head as she tries to bring the slaughter machine to a stop. "Ow!" she cries. "That's it!"

>_

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #636 on: August 01, 2009, 06:50:18 AM »
>Play the drums with Nitori's head.
>No, Break the drums instead.

« Reply #637 on: August 01, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »
>If there are any wires underneath the dashboard that are grabable, give them a ferocious yank and jam the live end into the kappa.

>Upon failing (or succeeding) the previous, comandeer the wheel to drive into the river, bodily latch onto Nitori hurl yourselves out. If feeling nice, have Nitori land on you, if not: Body Slam Time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #638 on: August 01, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
>Play the drums with Nitori's head.
>No, Break the drums instead.

>Nitori is desperately trying to bring the murder engine to a stop, giving you time to punch her in the head. "Augh stoppit!" she cries.

>If there are any wires underneath the dashboard that are grabable, give them a ferocious yank and jam the live end into the kappa.

>Upon failing (or succeeding) the previous, comandeer the wheel to drive into the river, bodily latch onto Nitori hurl yourselves out. If feeling nice, have Nitori land on you, if not: Body Slam Time.

>You look for loose wires, but don't find any.
>While you are looking, Nitori grabs your left hand. Suddenly you feel fingers bending in ways they aren't supposed to, and then your wrist following! Distracted by pain, Nitori is easily able to kick you out of the bloodshed engine. You land in a patch of cattails, you hand aching like crazy, as Nitori leaps out from the machine herself, taking a stance. "Never heard of Koppo, have you!" she says.
>You don't think your left hand is broken, but it hurts enough that using it will be difficult.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #639 on: August 01, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »
>whistle for comrades, and note that kappa tastes delicious

>broom-fu
>lock left hand in tight grip, that shouldn't be too difficult to manage
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #640 on: August 01, 2009, 05:13:08 PM »
> BROFIST Nitori in the vleis when we get the chance.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #641 on: August 01, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »
>whistle for comrades, and note that kappa tastes delicious

>broom-fu
>lock left hand in tight grip, that shouldn't be too difficult to manage

>You give a loud whistle. You see Kaguya poke her head around a house she was hiding behind.
>You then ready your broom, which prompts Nitori to take a step back.

> BROFIST Nitori in the vleis when we get the chance.

>You keep an eye open for the opportunity.

>_

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #642 on: August 01, 2009, 05:38:04 PM »
> "Look, honestly, I don't know what you're talking about! Unless....unless that penny wraith possessed me! That's it, that accursed hobo penny! A million years of rust upon its pathetic existence! Look, I don't want this to turn messy! I'll make up for what that wraith did, within reason!" Raise your broom. "Don't make me do this! I took lessons from Marisa!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #643 on: August 01, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »
> "Look, honestly, I don't know what you're talking about! Unless....unless that penny wraith possessed me! That's it, that accursed hobo penny! A million years of rust upon its pathetic existence! Look, I don't want this to turn messy! I'll make up for what that wraith did, within reason!" Raise your broom. "Don't make me do this! I took lessons from Marisa!"

>"You sure didn't looked possessed!" Nitori replies, watching you for an opening, "And if you were it's still your fault for getting possessed in the first place!"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #644 on: August 01, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »
> It had me cucumbers. What could I do?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #645 on: August 01, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
> "Tch, if that's how you're going to be then fine! Looks like I'll have to beat some sense into you! Now! Grab her from behind!" Once she looks back, tackle her into the ground while she's distracted and pin her arms with the broom. Tie her up with whatever you could muster.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #646 on: August 01, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »
> It had me cucumbers. What could I do?

>"Oh whatever!" she says, looking particularly insulted now.

> "Tch, if that's how you're going to be then fine! Looks like I'll have to beat some sense into you! Now! Grab her from behind!" Once she looks back, tackle her into the ground while she's distracted and pin her arms with the broom. Tie her up with whatever you could muster.

>She does look back. To add to the illusion, Kaguya takes this moment to charge at her. Given Kaguya's clothing, this really isn't as effective as it could be. But it's good enough for you to enact your plan, using your superior density and broom to pin her. "Agh! Lemme go!" she cries. Unfortunately, you have nothing to tie down with, and no free hands to do it. As well, she's trying to kick you in the shins.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #647 on: August 02, 2009, 03:56:26 AM »
> Tell Kaguya to sit on her arms. Now sit on her legs. "Ok, are we going to settle this the nice way, or the not so nice way? All I ask is that you believe me."

> If she refuses to cooperate, tie her up with the clothes on your back. If that fails, mix four parts cough drops, 2 parts ibuprofen, 3 parts aspirin, crush them, and mix them in a bit of the heal brand potion. For reference, use 12 cough drops. Wave it in front of her and tell her "Listen to me or I force this down your throat. One way or another, I need you too cooperate."

> Force it down her throat if she refuses to cooperate. This should make her more open to....'suggestions'.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #648 on: August 02, 2009, 04:39:42 AM »
> Tell Kaguya to sit on her arms. Now sit on her legs. "Ok, are we going to settle this the nice way, or the not so nice way? All I ask is that you believe me."

> If she refuses to cooperate, tie her up with the clothes on your back. If that fails, mix four parts cough drops, 2 parts ibuprofen, 3 parts aspirin, crush them, and mix them in a bit of the heal brand potion. For reference, use 12 cough drops. Wave it in front of her and tell her "Listen to me or I force this down your throat. One way or another, I need you too cooperate."

> Force it down her throat if she refuses to cooperate. This should make her more open to....'suggestions'.

>Kaguya does so, kneeling down on Nitori's arms and pinning them in place. You likewise pin her legs in place. "Knew I should have paid better attention to master..." she mutters. Then in a more normal tone, "Fine, what do you want! Haven't you given me more than enough trouble already? Why'd Hina let a guy like you up here, anyways?"

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #649 on: August 02, 2009, 06:32:38 AM »
> "Look, honest to whatever deity can hear me, I don't know what happened. I heard the rumours after and wondered about that. All I remember is leaving you behind after you zapped yourself. Nothing more. Hina? Didn't see her on the way up. As for what I need, I need to know what Parsee is building. I heard something about a death ray. Will it endanger Gensokyo? If it will then I'll need you to cooperate with me in stopping her. She already has the last piece."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #650 on: August 02, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »
> "Look, honest to whatever deity can hear me, I don't know what happened. I heard the rumours after and wondered about that. All I remember is leaving you behind after you zapped yourself. Nothing more. Hina? Didn't see her on the way up. As for what I need, I need to know what Parsee is building. I heard something about a death ray. Will it endanger Gensokyo? If it will then I'll need you to cooperate with me in stopping her. She already has the last piece."

>"I was there! I saw you do it! Don't lie to me!" She struggles for a moment, achieving nothing. "And don't be talking about that project. You never know when someone might overhear." She takes a moment to look around as well as she can. Then she says, "It's something me and Patchy have been working on, and Patchy never really told me what her spells were doing, okay? But, I'll tell you what I was doing. It's pretty much just some wiring and batteries, easy stuff. Just on a big scale. I'm not sure what they're going to do with it once the magic's in, but what I made set up to move around and store power. If they got that thing they needed, then I need to get up there and do the last fine tuning! So lemme go or Yugi will snap you like a cucumber!"

>_

Herasy

« Reply #651 on: August 02, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »
>Stuff Nitori with whatever drugs you have on you. If that doesn't calm her down/put her to sleep, knock her out with the Cement Boot.

>Drag Nitori back to SDM

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #652 on: August 02, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
>Using your superior leverage, you pour a cocktail of several aspirin, ibuprofen, cough drops, and the Heal Brand Potion down Nitori's throat. This doesn't really knock her out or calm her down, but it does make her very sick. After throwing up rather violently; Kaguya generously allows Nitori to turn over on her side for this. Afterwards, Nitori is weak enough you deem it unnecessary to subdue her further.
>"Wow," says Mystia, sidling up to you, "I was gonna say, there was probably some rope around. But she did try to kill us, so I suppose I'm not feeling too sympathetic."
>"Wasn't gonna kill you," Nitori mutters. "Just wanted," she stops to take a shuddering breath, "to make you crap your pants or something..."
>You start to drag Nitori back to Scarlet Devil Manor. Rumia helpfully takes her by the arms, sparing the chance that you might catch her on a rock. Nitori doesn't try to fight back, just groaning every so often. Along the way, you can hear some boisterousness from the Yakumo household.
>Without too much trouble, you reach the gates of Scarlet Devil Manor. Ah, home sweet home. "Hey gang," says Hong Meiling, apparently unconcerned with Nitori being carried in whilst groaning.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #653 on: August 02, 2009, 06:53:08 PM »
Clearly this is a common occurrence after she gets ahold of some voltage.

>mental note: Get some down from Mokou to work around Rumia's condition, and/or ask Flandre about fixing the broken/dead part after fixing the distortion part when we next see her

>"Greetings, comrade. What did we miss?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #654 on: August 02, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »
>mental note: Get some down from Mokou to work around Rumia's condition, and/or ask Flandre about fixing the broken/dead part after fixing the distortion part when we next see her

>"Greetings, comrade. What did we miss?"

>"Not a whole lot. A fish jumped out of the lake to snatch a dragonfly." says China. "Boss said to get Nitori to the library pronto, though."

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #655 on: August 02, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »
>Say "Awesome!" at the fish part, and then send her to the library after warning her that something bad may happen.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #656 on: August 02, 2009, 07:14:28 PM »
>Say "Awesome!" at the fish part, and then send her to the library after warning her that something bad may happen.

>You let Nitori go, and she stumbles into the mansion.
>"So where'd you leave Flandre?" asks Meiling.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #657 on: August 02, 2009, 07:21:51 PM »
>"She decided to stay with the Yakumos for a while."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #658 on: August 02, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »
>"She decided to stay with the Yakumos for a while."

>"That'll probably end in tears." says Hong Meiling.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #659 on: August 02, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »
>"Uh.... What? Why?"