Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77192 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »
"She's asking me to do the impossible,"
>ROW ROW FIGHT TH(ry

>"That's what I'm talkin' about!" says Yugi, while Patchouli simply groans.

>Show her the hobo penny in hopes it has something to do with the puzzle.

>You produce the Hobo Penny and show it to Patchouli. She looks at it with irritation for a moment. Then her eyes widen and with speed you wouldn't have expected from her, she snatches it from you had and gapes at it. "No way..." she says, "No...how did you...what did you...where did you...ARGH!" She slams her palm into her forehead forcefully enough to produce a meaty smack. "Son of a goddamned bitch! Do you know how much hell I've gone through trying to find this fucking thing! Do you!? Go on! Ask me how much sleep I've had in the past three weeks! Go on! Ask! You know how much? Seventeen and a half goddamned hours! I've been killing myself trying to find this motherfucking thing, and you fuckholes just waltz in here waving around this goddamned artifact like it was nothing! ARGH! Do you have any idea how much I've suffered trying to find this thing! FUCK! GRAH! I nearly had my soul eaten three goddamned motherfucking times summoning demons to ask about this thing!"
>"See, I told you you could do it," Yugi says, giving Patchouli a thumbs up, "Even got it right here for us!"
>Patchouli quivers for a moment, then suddenly whirls around and starts slamming her head into bookcase. "FUCK!" Slam! "PISS!" Slam! "SHITCOCK!" Slam! "YOU SONS OF BITCHES!" Slam! "I HATE YOU ALL!" Slam! Then she collapses, apparently having put enough force into the last few blows to knock herself out.
>"Man," Remilia says, as Kaguya moves to check on Patchouli.

>"Also, if the puzzle is an ancient transdimensional being, and Parsee plans to invite it, and I'm answering in kind, and we end up menaced by a godlike Suika-ZUN destroyer-of-worlds ala Ghostbusters, I totally apologize in advance."

>You're not sure if your apology is accepted, given the circumstances.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
>examine Patchouli

>particularly if her clothes are pressed close enough to confirm bust size due to the constant canon ambiguity and fanon inconsistency
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2009, 11:20:38 PM »
>examine Patchouli

>particularly if her clothes are pressed close enough to confirm bust size due to the constant canon ambiguity and fanon inconsistency

>Man, she is going to have a nasty goddamned bruise on her head, and a headache the size of Marisa's biceps.
>You also surreptitiously confirm Patchy's actual chest size under the guise of concern.
>You hear the sound of squeaky wheels, and look up in time to see Koakuma racing over on a book cart. "Not again..." says Koakuma.
>Yugi walks over, and collects the fallen Hobo Penny. "Sweet"
>Quest Status: ThingQuest! Completed

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #363 on: July 23, 2009, 11:26:19 PM »
DAMMIT! Why the hell did we let Yugi get the penny?

THAT WAS OUR FUCKING GET THE MANSION BACK BARGAINING CHIP!

Ok...any ideas people?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »
Actually, now that Patchouli isn't going to get worked to death, I'm a bit less concerned about the mansion part.

>"Hey, could we come along to deliver that?"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #365 on: July 23, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »
Actually, now that Patchouli isn't going to get worked to death, I'm a bit less concerned about the mansion part.

B-B-But Remilia is awesome.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #366 on: July 23, 2009, 11:38:15 PM »
There's still Sakuya, dude.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: July 23, 2009, 11:42:36 PM »

>"Hey, sure," says Yugi.
>Remilia takes a step back, "Gonna make sure Missus Knowledge is okay," she says in her irritating falsetto.
>"Yeah, cool," says Yugi as she leaves. She smiles "Man, this is going to make Parsee's day so damn much. You guys are the best new hires ever."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2009, 11:48:41 PM »
There's still Sakuya, dude.

Yeah, but there are other loopholes for that. Like quitting.

>Salute Remilia, ask her to check out "the device" while she has the chance, and follow Yuugi

>ask if they've got any drills to spare

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: July 23, 2009, 11:59:55 PM »
>Salute Remilia, ask her to check out "the device" while she has the chance, and follow Yuugi

>ask if they've got any drills to spare

>You salute and leave her some instructions, Remilia nods, then knees down by Patchouli.
>"Drills?" Yugi asks as you make your way upstairs. "Uh...maybe Meiling's got one. Normally when we need stuff like that done, we just call on the kappa."
>You make your way back up to the master bedroom. Yugi knocks, then enters. Inside, you see Parsee sprawled out on the bed, looking quite content with the world. "Mmmm, welcome back," she says languidly.
>"Look, what the new guys found" says Yugi, holding up the Hobo Penny.
>In the blink of an eye, Parsee leaps from the bed, crosses the room to examine item, and shrieks with delight. "I can't believe you actually found it!" she says quickly, practically running the words together as she dashes over to you "I'm going to triple your pay! This is the best day ever!" Then before you can really do anything, she throws her arms around you and kisses you on the cheek. Then before you can do anything in reaction to this, she's already moved on to Mystia and is administering similiar treatment.
>Yugi just chuckles at the display, running the coin between her fingers.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2009, 12:01:30 AM »
... I don't like the look of this.
>Check Scarehobo supply, or ask about the mansion's.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #371 on: July 24, 2009, 12:05:17 AM »
>If reply is not confirmatory, "What'd you want it for, anyway?"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #372 on: July 24, 2009, 12:06:34 AM »
(I'm very happy to see we are not the only ones who molest Mystia)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #373 on: July 24, 2009, 12:18:43 AM »
> Remind Parsee who that penny rightfully belongs to. Tell her that you dread to part with it, especially as you have gone through much to acquire it. Tell her that if she wants it fair and square, she'll have to offer something of value as compensation. Indirectly suggest...the ownership of the mansion.

(Yes, I wish to make us Master of the SDM)

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #374 on: July 24, 2009, 12:19:43 AM »
> Remind Parsee who that penny rightfully belongs to. Tell her that you dread to part with it, especially as you have gone through much to acquire it. Tell her that if she wants it fair and square, she'll have to offer something of value as compensation. Say...ownership of the mansion.

(Yes, I wish to make us Master of the SDM)

(THANK YOU!)

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2009, 12:28:23 AM »
How to RP the negotiations:

> "You, oh mistress of jealousy, must understand it more than anyone, that pain, that soul-tearing agony, of seeing others enjoy that which you yourself have never tasted. I feel that now, more than ever. For I have long walked on this endless journey with naught but the clothes on my back, without roots I could call 'home'. Now you have something I want, a 'home', a place of refuge I could return to and a place where I could house my 'family' of sorts *nod at your party*. I have something you want, the object which you've run people I care for ragged just to find. Now I have it, here, within arm's reach. This, I believe, is a fair trade, a trade of understanding, one's greatest desire for another. Let us sate each other's jealousy, here and now. My penny artifact for your mansion. Off course, I will allow you continued use of the facilities, only that you hand me all rights to call this place mine and mine own. In turn, I will allow you PEACEFUL ownership of that penny."

> Emphasize 'PEACEFUL'
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:30:05 AM by Mind-The-Grue »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2009, 12:32:02 AM »
>Check Scarehobo supply, or ask about the mansion's.

>Yugi raises an eyebrow. "Who the what now?"

>If reply is not confirmatory, "What'd you want it for, anyway?"

>"Just some insurance," Parsee practically sings, after finishing her circuit with Rumia.

> Remind Parsee who that penny rightfully belongs to. Tell her that you dread to part with it, especially as you have gone through much to acquire it. Tell her that if she wants it fair and square, she'll have to offer something of value as compensation. Indirectly suggest...the ownership of the mansion.
> "You, oh mistress of jealousy, must understand it more than anyone, that pain, that soul-tearing agony, of seeing others enjoy that which you yourself have never tasted. I feel that now, more than ever. For I have long walked on this endless journey with naught but the clothes on my back, without roots I could call 'home'. Now you have something I want, a 'home', a place of refuge I could return to and a place where I could house my 'family' of sorts *nod at your party*. I have something you want, the object which you've run people I care for ragged just to find. Now I have it, here, within arm's reach. This, I believe, is a fair trade, a trade of understanding, one's greatest desire for another. Let us sate each other's jealousy, here and now. My penny artifact for your mansion. Off course, I will allow you continued use of the facilities, only that you hand me all rights to call this place mine and mine own. In turn, I will allow you PEACEFUL ownership of that penny."

>Parsee's eyes widen, and her jaw drops a little. "You want what!?"
>"Chill, Parse," says Yugi. Then she looks at you. "Hey, look. You're maids, right? And you're supposed to be obey your master, right? And your master pretty much said, 'find this thing and bring it back to me', right? I mean, I pretty much said it in the library. So, you're kinda obligated to hand it over. And I kinda don't wanna have to punch a whole bunch of time til you barf and it falls out, yeah? Especially since I already got it. But you want, like, a reward reward for this?"
>"I suppose I could do something," Parsee says, regaining her composure. "But I won't be handing my mansion just like that. I'll think of something suitable. Don't worry if you think I'm going to shortchange you, though. A Mizuhashi repays her friends very well. Perhaps a comfortable place in the village?"

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #377 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »
>"Is there any reason you need this particular mansion? If you have enough to get us a comfortable place in the village well...couldn't you find the funds to build a bigger, BETTER mansion than this one? You could probably get it done pretty quickly as well, no?"

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #378 on: July 24, 2009, 12:37:01 AM »
> Assess combined firepower/offensive/defensive capabilities of our party. Assume Remilia and Patchouli would help, and possibly Sakuya too. Will it be enough to overpower Yuugi and Parsee? Consider that we are not fighting to take back the mansion, we are fighting to defend our right of ownership. It is only fair.

(and hopefully after a show of force they'll concede)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2009, 12:46:53 AM »

>"Is there any reason you need this particular mansion? If you have enough to get us a comfortable place in the village well...couldn't you find the funds to build a bigger, BETTER mansion than this one? You could probably get it done pretty quickly as well, no?"

>"I won it fair and square," Parsee says. "So it has a lot of sentimental value, it's how Yugi and I really set ourselves up here. And the staff is so nice. And really, there's not enough money to make a better place. But here's what I don't get. Why do you care about it so much all of a sudden?"

> Assess combined firepower/offensive/defensive capabilities of our party. Assume Remilia and Patchouli would help, and possibly Sakuya too. Will it be enough to overpower Yuugi and Parsee? Consider that we are not fighting to take back the mansion, we are fighting to defend our right of ownership. It is only fair.

>You are pretty sure, with the group you got, that you could probably take out Parsee. She's a jealous bridge princess for a reason, after all. But Yugi...well, who knows? There's supposedly a reason why oni are so feared. And it's not like she's dropped her ice cream. Then again, you also don't really know what Kaguya can do. ...What has she done, anyways?

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #380 on: July 24, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »
>Or play it smart and ask for allowing Remilia to stay at the mansion and keep the head maid from falling apart as the major favor.

EDIT: >Obviously there's enough rooms to get a good one yourself as well.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #381 on: July 24, 2009, 12:56:16 AM »
> "Why you ask? It started me on this journey...this journey that has lead me here through many, many hardships. I risked my life to acquire it...and then the question arrived to me 'is my life worth a penny?' No, the answer is, it is worth the experience in acquiring it. Every step, every hardship, has won me a wealth of experience, friends, my comrades *gesture at your party*. This penny is....my inspiration, my 'roots', it is a symbol of the current meaning of my existence - to walk this barren path and prove that my life is worth more than a penny. If you are going to take away my 'roots', I think....I need favourable compensation. This mansion 'made' you, you say? Well, that penny 'made' me. Simple as that."

> "I'm afraid...we have failed to reach a mutual understanding. You see, I come to you not as an employee, but as a fellow citizen of Gensokyo. I found that penny early on in my journey, before I came into your service, before any order to find it was ever issued to me. It is my personal belonging and therefore, you are honour-bound to honour my rights to ownership. No employment arrangements ever mentioned that I must willingly give up my personal effects should the master wish it. This is my offer. I will not take anything less than full ownership of this mansion. In return, you will have full peaceful ownership of that penny. That is my final offer, take it or leave it. If you disagree to the deal, I will take back my penny and walk away. I'm sure your honourable self is above anything....that might put your pride and dignity into question."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #382 on: July 24, 2009, 01:07:39 AM »
>Or play it smart and ask for allowing Remilia to stay at the mansion and keep the head maid from falling apart as the major favor.

EDIT: >Obviously there's enough rooms to get a good one yourself as well.

>"She put you up to this!?" Yugi exclaims. "Goddamnit, now I have to beat you stupid."
>"Don't worry, Yugi," says Parsee, holding out a hand. "We have insurance. I'll consider that deal."

> "Why you ask? It started me on this journey...this journey that has lead me here through many, many hardships. I risked my life to acquire it...and then the question arrived to me 'is my life worth a penny?' No, the answer is, it is worth the experience in acquiring it. Every step, every hardship, has won me a wealth of experience, friends, my comrades *gesture at your party*. This penny is....my inspiration, my 'roots', it is a symbol of the current meaning of my existence - to walk this barren path and prove that my life is worth more than a penny. If you are going to take away my 'roots', I think....I need favourable compensation. This mansion 'made' you, you say? Well, that penny 'made' me. Simple as that."

> "I'm afraid...we have failed to reach a mutual understanding. You see, I come to you not as an employee, but as a fellow citizen of Gensokyo. I found that penny early on in my journey, before I came into your service, before any order to find it was ever issued to me. It is my personal belonging and therefore, you are honour-bound to honour my rights to ownership. No employment arrangements ever mentioned that I must willingly give up my personal effects should the master wish it. This is my offer. I will not take anything less than full ownership of this mansion. In return, you will have full peaceful ownership of that penny. That is my final offer, take it or leave it. If you disagree to the deal, I will take back my penny and walk away. I'm sure your honourable self is above anything....that might put your pride and dignity into question."

>"A coin's not nearly so special as a big ole manor," says Yugi. "I mean, I can see what you're saying with the symbolism and jazz? But you're kinda leaving out stuff like being able to live in it. So, yeah..."
>"Actually, I kinda can," Parsee says. "It's part of the agreement Remilia set up, we just carried it on. Why do you think Hong Meiling's never got to keep anything nice until we took over? I mean, Sakuya informed you of all this when you hired on. I'm okay giving you a bit extra, I guess. But there is a limit of reasonableness. The room agreement will work."

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #383 on: July 24, 2009, 01:13:40 AM »
...great....now what? If only we didn't reveal that penny while Yuugi was there...

Dare we quit there and then and take our penny back and then resume negotiations? Shall we rouse the party to fight for our rights? Shall we challenge her to a gamble with the mansion and penny at stake? Or shall we just take her up on that offer? Personally, I don't want to settle for anything less than the SDM. Discuss.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #384 on: July 24, 2009, 01:15:33 AM »
>Insert GameShark, GameGenie or whatever's compatible.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #385 on: July 24, 2009, 01:16:49 AM »
> "Being able to live in it, you say? Well, I did mention that I will guarantee you continued use of the facilities in the mansion. That includes living here. I just wish to have the rights of ownership. Nothing much will change. You can still consider yourself a permanent resident here. Heck, you can keep the master bedroom. It's a trade of symbolism, if anything."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #386 on: July 24, 2009, 01:26:54 AM »
I like the way you think Grue.

But yeah, I get the feeling if we quit they'll be like "Ok, you forfeit the penny"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2009, 01:36:05 AM »
>Insert GameShark, GameGenie or whatever's compatible.

>Guide Me Along This Barren Path is coded in UberDOS. It is above your skills.

> "Being able to live in it, you say? Well, I did mention that I will guarantee you continued use of the facilities in the mansion. That includes living here. I just wish to have the rights of ownership. Nothing much will change. You can still consider yourself a permanent resident here. Heck, you can keep the master bedroom. It's a trade of symbolism, if anything."

>"That doesn't sound...so bad," says Yugi. "I mean, kinda sucks to lose the deed. But it makes these guys happy and it's a fair deal, I guess."
>"I don't like it," says Parsee. "You're plotting something on Remilia's behalf."
>You hear Mystia whisper something to Kaguya, but you can't quite make it out.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2009, 01:49:10 AM »
> "No plots, I assure you. I am a man of my word. Heck, I will have it down in writing, ink on paper, or in stone if you prefer something more durable. I would be more than happy to share. The more the merrier, in my opinion. Why do you think I have this sizeable party? Besides, as far as Remilia's concerned, she'd kill me if I attempt anything as dishonourable as go back on my word, on her behalf or no. She's a lady of pride and honour after all. She didn't attempt anything to retake the mansion by force for that very reason. If you doubt my word, you have no reason to doubt Remilia's. If anything, she gives this agreement more weight. As for the deed, I intend on holding onto it myself, just to make sure nobody...well...puts it on the gambling table again. I have no other intentions other than to continue down my barren path. I am but a journeyman of this barren path, after all. Heck, I will assist you in whatever quest you have, provided the means and end are not ill of nature."   

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #389 on: July 24, 2009, 01:57:51 AM »
> "No plots, I assure you. I am a man of my word. Heck, I will have it down in writing, ink on paper, or in stone if you prefer something more durable. I would be more than happy to share. The more the merrier, in my opinion. Why do you think I have this sizeable party? Besides, as far as Remilia's concerned, she'd kill me if I attempt anything as dishonourable as go back on my word, on her behalf or no. She's a lady of pride and honour after all. She didn't attempt anything to retake the mansion by force for that very reason. If you doubt my word, you have no reason to doubt Remilia's. If anything, she gives this agreement more weight. As for the deed, I intend on holding onto it myself, just to make sure nobody...well...puts it on the gambling table again. I have no other intentions other than to continue down my barren path. I am but a journeyman of this barren path, after all. Heck, I will assist you in whatever quest you have, provided the means and end are not ill of nature."

>Parsee frowns, is seems to be about to say something, when Yugi puts a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, we got insurance, remember? Besides, I like these guys. And stop urging the sparrow to stab him in the back."
>"What!" Mystia exclaims. "But I wasn't-"
>Parsee sighs. "...Why'd you have do that, Yugs? Okay fine. I'll agree. But only because Yugi will pout if I don't. And I wanna be able to renegotiate later if I feel like it! Okay?"

>_