Author Topic: 30 minutes or it's free!  (Read 147747 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: 30 minutes or it's free!
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2010, 06:34:28 AM »
> You're a manly DELIVERYMAN, you don't just run back. Ever. Stay put and think of a manlier solution.
> Ask Nitori if she's building anything cool.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Toasty

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2010, 06:40:06 AM »
>Manly men, in my gensyoko?
>Wait, optical camoflauge
>Ask about Optical Camoflauge

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2010, 07:18:54 AM »
> ask Nitori what that Jingleing in her pockets is

> Ask Chen if she would be ok with helping nitori for a while, and tell that we will be back really soon to get her hat back
Wotters gonna' wot

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2010, 07:22:36 AM »
> Why would we leave Chen with someone we just met? That's an irresponsible breach of Deliverator protocol. We take her with us, tengu be damned!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2010, 08:31:30 AM »
> Ran would be heartbroken if she found out we left Chen in the care of a bunch of water-loving cucumber-munching creatures.
> Get Chen back on our shoulders and WE WILL DELIVER! 30 minutes or it's free!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2010, 10:08:03 AM »
>Deputize Chen as an assistant delivery person, and delegate her the task of Youkai detection and deflection.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2010, 01:14:59 PM »
>Blagh
>Run back to kourindou and fetch chen's hat.
>explain to rinno when you get there
> You're a manly DELIVERYMAN, you don't just run back. Ever. Stay put and think of a manlier solution.
> Ask Nitori if she's building anything cool.
> You contemplate running back to Kourindou to get that green hat, but ultimately decide not to.  Kourindou's a long way away, and you've come this far already, you're not running back just to return again.
> Nitori smiles.  "I'm making crown molding, it'll be really great once I finish."

>Manly men, in my gensyoko?
>Wait, optical camoflauge
>Ask about Optical Camoflauge
> You've spent your entire life in Gensokyo, and you are a man after all.  You seem to be playing the manly card an awful lot today, maybe you should lay off?
> "Optical camouflage?  That's that pseudo-invisibility thing, isn't it?  It's not exactly a sham, but it's very difficult and tedious to make, and expensive to produce.  We don't use it here, but we have no need.  What would we use it for anyway?"

> ask Nitori what that Jingleing in her pockets is

> Ask Chen if she would be ok with helping nitori for a while, and tell that we will be back really soon to get her hat back
> "Just the usual: screws, nut, bolts, nails, washers, ratchets, wrenches, screwdrivers, that sort of thing.  I keep them all in the pockets on my dress."  Hasn't she ever heard of a toolbox?
> Chen looks at you, then to Nitori, and then back to you.  "I don't want to, but I guess I can.  If you can't deliver then I can't get my hat, isn't that right?"

> Why would we leave Chen with someone we just met? That's an irresponsible breach of Deliverator protocol. We take her with us, tengu be damned!
> You change your mind immediately!  Surely you can overthrow thousands of years of tengu traditions of isolation and xenophobia with a little spirit!

> Ran would be heartbroken if she found out we left Chen in the care of a bunch of water-loving cucumber-munching creatures.
> Get Chen back on our shoulders and WE WILL DELIVER! 30 minutes or it's free!
> Maybe, you don't know who Ran is but she seems pretty important to Chen.
> You offer your shoulder to Chen once again.  "Hooray!" as she climbs aboard.

>Deputize Chen as an assistant delivery person, and delegate her the task of Youkai detection and deflection.
> You ask her to perform a very important task for you.  "I can do that no problem," she assures you.
> You take one step.  "BEEP BEEP BEEP!"
> You ask Chen what happened.  "There are youkai everywhere!"
> You laugh and set off.

> You find the trail Nitori had told you about and begin to follow it upwards towards the Tengu Village.  The trail starts off wide with a gradual slope, but it soon becomes narrower and steeper as it begins to twist and arc its way up the mountain.  It soon becomes wide enough only for one person, with much of the trail becoming steps carved into the mountain.  It's exhausting, especially with Chen on your shoulders.
> Eventually, the trail starts to level off and you see some tall row houses.  They are designed with a very open-air feel to them, with stoops and perches extending into the street.  This must be the Tengu Village.
> Suddenly a white wolf Tengu appears before and draws her sword, six others follow is due time and flank you.
> "NO FOREIGN YOUKAI!" she shouts, "None may pass through Tengu Town!  Return to the base at once."
> Chen seems to shaking, you assume out of fear.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2010, 01:30:53 PM »
>Okay, it's cool. We can handle this. Totally not about to vomit in fear.
>"W-we're making a delivery to the shrine! Just a neutral party! Okay?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2010, 01:53:09 PM »
>Okay, it's cool. We can handle this. Totally not about to vomit in fear.
>"W-we're making a delivery to the shrine! Just a neutral party! Okay?"
> Stay cool, think manly thoughts!  Like samurai and swords and cutting things up and...
> Don't think manly thoughts.
> "The problem isn't you since you're a human," explains the lead tengu, "it's the youkai on top of your shoulders.  Tengu Law specifically forbades foreign youkai from crossing the village.  Simply put, youkai that are not from the mountain cannot pass, no exceptions.
> Chen sniffs and starts, "B-b-but Mr. Boxman said..."
> "NO EXCEPTIONS!"

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »
>Oh hell no, she's not shouting at Chen. That's Yukari's job.
>"She's my partner, it's cool. We're delivery people, officially neutral and stuff. You guys respect the neutrality of the delivery service, right? Don't worry, she won't do anything."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
>Oh hell no, she's not shouting at Chen. That's Yukari's job.
>"She's my partner, it's cool. We're delivery people, officially neutral and stuff. You guys respect the neutrality of the delivery service, right? Don't worry, she won't do anything."
> "I happen to know that the Gensokyo Delivery Corps only employees humans, so she can't be your partner in any official capacity.  If you want to make your delivery, you'll have to leave her behind and pick her up afterwards.  I cannot let you proceed any farther."
> Chen sniffles, it seems like she's going to cry.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2010, 02:11:58 PM »
>"New rule. She's been deputized."
>Shrug.
>"I mean, if you wanna be that way, alright. But I'll have to tell the boss. And you'll probably get blacklisted. Not to mention other people are gonna look at you funny for keeping us from carrying out our jobs. But whatever you like, laters."
>Turn to leave.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2010, 02:17:33 PM »
> I'm delivering Chen.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »
>"New rule. She's been deputized."
>Shrug.
>"I mean, if you wanna be that way, alright. But I'll have to tell the boss. And you'll probably get blacklisted. Not to mention other people are gonna look at you funny for keeping us from carrying out our jobs. But whatever you like, laters."
>Turn to leave.
> "I mean, if you wanna be that way, alright.  But I'll have to-" "UWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Chen has burst into tears again.
> "Oh no no no no no this is not happening!"  The white wolf charges at you.
> In an instant, she sheathes her sword and leaps into the air, clamping her hand over Chen's mouth and plucking her off your shoulders.  She hits the ground and tears down the trail to the bottom of the mountain, Chen in her arms.  "COME ON!"
> You feel obligated to follow and take off as well.

> I'm delivering Chen.
> No, you're chasing a tengu down the mountain.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2010, 02:35:09 PM »
>Chase that Tengu!
>Heavens know what'll be done when she's caught, but one problem at a time.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2010, 02:39:08 PM »
> Pray to whatever eavesdropping youkai in a gap to help us.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »
>Chase that Tengu!
>Heavens know what'll be done when she's caught, but one problem at a time.
> You chase!  She's quite fast, especially considering the slope of the mountain and the fact that she's wearing geta.  You can't hear Chen crying, but she's probably just shocked now.
> You're not sure why she took her, but there surely must be a reason, right?

> Pray to whatever eavesdropping youkai in a gap to help us.
> You take the time to pray and trip over your feet before you can finish.  Luckily, you fell at a flatter area of the trail, but you still roll down the hill a good ways.
> Maybe this was your great misfortune?  Probably not, since nothing seems to be broken.
> You set off again, more careful this time.  That tengu is quite far down the path now.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2010, 02:48:03 PM »
>Keep chasing.
>Think up some appropriately cross things to say once she has been caught.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2010, 02:53:10 PM »
>Keep chasing.
>Think up some appropriately cross things to say once she has been caught.
> Humans were not made for thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!
> You think of some things to tell that tengu that are not too kind, but not exactly mean either, since that sword of hers seems pretty sharp, comically large though it may be.
> You are out of the steepest part and the trail is starting to widen, you are almost back to Kappa Town.  That tengu still has a sizable lead on you, though you can't see her right now.
> Suddenly, she zooms past you straight up the mountain, Chen no longer with her.  Uh oh.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »
>Trip her.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2010, 03:39:41 PM »
>Trip her.
> You move to trip her.  She instead jumps into the air and flies up the mountain.
> You are standing on the Youkai Mountain trail.  Bellow is Kappa Town, where you can hear the sound of the waterfall.  Above you lies the rest of the long and arduous trail that leads through the Tengu Village and onwards to the Moriya Shrine.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
>Delivery men do not give up easily!
>Run back up the mountain, through the Tengu Town, make your delivery, return to Tengu Town, capture this tengu, force her to tell you where she put Chen, get Chen, get Chen's hat, give hat to Chen, return to base, profit!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »
>Delivery men do not give up easily!
>Run back up the mountain, through the Tengu Town, make your delivery, return to Tengu Town, capture this tengu, force her to tell you where she put Chen, get Chen, get Chen's hat, give hat to Chen, return to base, profit!
> You sure don't!
> But this sounds like an awful lot to take care of right now.  Plus, that "Ran-shama" Chen kept mentioning sounds like she'd take your head off if something bad happened to her because of you.
> You feel conflicted.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
>Okay, run into the Tengu town.
>Locate the tengu who captured Chen
>Capture her, get her to tell you where she took Chen, go find Chen.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »
>Not yet.
>Down the mountain, instead. Finding chen > yelling at Tengu.
>Oh, but there will be yelling at Tengu.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
>Okay, run into the Tengu town.
>Locate the tengu who captured Chen
>Capture her, get her to tell you where she took Chen, go find Chen.
> You start up the trail to go find that white wolf tengu.

>Not yet.
>Down the mountain, instead. Finding chen > yelling at Tengu.
>Oh, but there will be yelling at Tengu.
> You change your mind, you should find out what happened to Chen first.
> You make your way back to Kappa Town.  Dozens of kappa hustle about, some carrying metal poles, some dripping wet from the pool.  Ahead of you is the warehouse, in front of which has gathered a sizable crowd.

>_

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
>Rush to the warehouse. That must be where chen!
>If Chen is there apologize for putting her in dangers way and see how we can get her down/break her out of wherever the wolf tengu put her.
>Remember to give that white wolf tengu a swift kick at one point of our quest.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »
>Should Chen not be in the warehouse, call for her.
>Try not to get in the kappas' way. They're not jerks and thus deserving of respect. >=I

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
>Rush to the warehouse. That must be where chen!
>If Chen is there apologize for putting her in dangers way and see how we can get her down/break her out of wherever the wolf tengu put her.
>Remember to give that white wolf tengu a swift kick at one point of our quest.
>Should Chen not be in the warehouse, call for her.
>Try not to get in the kappas' way. They're not jerks and thus deserving of respect. >=I
> You rush over to the warehouse, steering clear of the kappas as much as you can.
> When you arrive, Nitori is trying to disperse the crowd, assuring it that nothing is happening.  Chen is sitting on Nitori's workbench, looking no worse for the wear and trying to stop crying.
> Nitori notices you and clucks her tongue at you.  "What did I say?  I told you that you wouldn't make it up there together."

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
>"And now she's going to apologize. Shall we, Chen?"