Author Topic: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 88711 times)

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
Re: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2009, 02:34:28 AM »
> Wait, can't Yukari just manipulate the boarder of exsistance and non-existance or something?
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2009, 02:36:07 AM »
> "Anything I need to do before you get started?"

>"Just relax. Youmu is handling everything," says Yuyuko.

> Wait, can't Yukari just manipulate the boarder of exsistance and non-existance or something?

>"I can't manipulate what isn't there," says Yukari. "Otherwise I would given Chen that pet Triceratops she wanted."

>_

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2009, 02:38:11 AM »
> prepare thyself, o purple one
Wotters gonna' wot

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2009, 04:05:19 AM »
> If we're still wearing our black glasses, remove them.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #814 on: December 29, 2009, 04:11:36 AM »
> prepare thyself, o purple one

>You're not sure you liked what Yuyuko just said.

> If we're still wearing our black glasses, remove them.

>You took them off some time ago.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #815 on: December 29, 2009, 04:16:18 AM »
> Well, nothing we can really do.  Look around for some chairs or something else to sit on and wait with everyone while whatever is happening happens.
> Examine current outfit.  How ruined is it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #816 on: December 29, 2009, 04:22:30 AM »
> Well, nothing we can really do.  Look around for some chairs or something else to sit on and wait with everyone while whatever is happening happens.
> Examine current outfit.  How ruined is it?

>The leg is burnt out a bit. And the day's activities have left it fairly dirty in spots.
>Yukari looks at you curiously.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #817 on: December 29, 2009, 04:24:04 AM »
> "Sorry, I was looking to see what kind of toll our exploits on the sun had on my clothes, but I guess it was worse for you no matter what."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #818 on: December 29, 2009, 04:25:53 AM »
> "Sorry, I was looking to see what kind of toll our exploits on the sun had on my clothes, but I guess it was worse for you no matter what."

>"Oh, it's not that," says Yukari. "I am just surprised by your lack of objection to the details of Yuyuko's plan."
>Yuyuko idly floats upstairs, seeming to have lost interest in the conversation for now.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2009, 04:27:47 AM »
> "Well, there's been a lot going on today and Jeff's attitude towards Alice has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, so I haven't been thinking too much on it.  Since she's not currently here, could you tell me some details about the current plan?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #820 on: December 29, 2009, 04:31:35 AM »
> "Well, there's been a lot going on today and Jeff's attitude towards Alice has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, so I haven't been thinking too much on it.  Since she's not currently here, could you tell me some details about the current plan?"

>Yukari frowns, then nods. "She was intentionally vague for a reason, I suppose. Yuyuko suggested that we sever fate, then said that Youmu was taking care of this. Consider what that might mean."
>"Huh," says the voice.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #821 on: December 29, 2009, 04:32:45 AM »
> "Uh, what exactly is she having Youmu cut?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #822 on: December 29, 2009, 04:38:55 AM »
>"Yuyuko doesn't want Youmu to... kill Remilia... does she?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #823 on: December 29, 2009, 04:45:58 AM »
> "Uh, what exactly is she having Youmu cut?"

>"Yuyuko doesn't want Youmu to... kill Remilia... does she?"

>"I imagine it cannot be very pleasant for Remilia, in any event," says Yukari.
>"Wow..." says the voice. "Shit is going down at the mansion."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #824 on: December 29, 2009, 04:49:01 AM »
>"Ahh... oh dear. If Remilia's life is in danger, I need to get to the mansion pronto! I'd rather have Jeff stay as he is then resort to something like this to fix him!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #825 on: December 29, 2009, 04:50:37 AM »
>"Seriously, hes a bit of a jerk anyway."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #826 on: December 29, 2009, 04:50:48 AM »
> Move closer to Yukari.
> "Yukari.  The objective was to help a lost spirit, it was not to kill my friend.  I don't say this as a threat, but I need you to open a gap for me as close to the Scarlet Devil Mansion as you can get me.  If I can't get there in time to save my friend, then I can't imagine what will result.  Do you understand?"
> "While I'm gone, put him in a fucking doll if you can; I could care less about what he thinks right now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #827 on: December 29, 2009, 04:59:09 AM »
>"Ahh... oh dear. If Remilia's life is in danger, I need to get to the mansion pronto! I'd rather have Jeff stay as he is then resort to something like this to fix him!"

>"Hey!" says the voice. "I didn't know until she said something and went to check on it. Yeesh!"

>"Seriously, hes a bit of a jerk anyway."

>"Like you'd be sunshine and roses if you gave up your life for the greater good and got this as a result!"

> Move closer to Yukari.
> "Yukari.  The objective was to help a lost spirit, it was not to kill my friend.  I don't say this as a threat, but I need you to open a gap for me as close to the Scarlet Devil Mansion as you can get me.  If I can't get there in time to save my friend, then I can't imagine what will result.  Do you understand?"
> "While I'm gone, put him in a fucking doll if you can; I could care less about what he thinks right now."

>"I had figured you would say that," says Yukari, already producing her fan.
>"Don't act like I was in on this!" says the voice. "I didn't even think to check it out until Yukari said something! I'm bodiless, not omnipresent! You should be happy I confirmed it for you!"
>Yukari opens a gap. "This will take you to the front gates. I don't know if it would be safe for you to be any closer."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #828 on: December 29, 2009, 05:00:56 AM »
> Jump through the gap, and close our eyes as we travel this time.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #829 on: December 29, 2009, 05:01:27 AM »
>Go through the gap (With your eyes closed this time so you don't get a headache)
>Look around after you emerge, see if anything is out of the ordinary
>If not, rush into the SDM to find Remilia. If you see Sakuya on the way, tell her that "I have knowledge that the Mistress's life might be in danger, we must hurry!"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #830 on: December 29, 2009, 05:04:07 AM »
> If Meiling is still alive, grab her too.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #831 on: December 29, 2009, 05:08:14 AM »
>Hmm, anyone else...? Well, using Flandre's help might be risky. When the heck does Koakuma get off of her vacation, anyway?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #832 on: December 29, 2009, 05:14:26 AM »
> Jump through the gap, and close our eyes as we travel this time.

>You jump through the gap, eyes closed so as not to make your headache any worse.

>Go through the gap (With your eyes closed this time so you don't get a headache)
>Look around after you emerge, see if anything is out of the ordinary
>If not, rush into the SDM to find Remilia. If you see Sakuya on the way, tell her that "I have knowledge that the Mistress's life might be in danger, we must hurry!"

>You exit the gap, and find yourself at the front gates. You see Meiling laid out of the ground, with a large bruise on her face that looks suspiciously in the shape of a foot. The fact her paddleball is close to her suggests she was taken off guard.
>Looking at the Mansion itself, nothing seems immediately wrong. There's no fires or anything like that. But looking through one of the windows, you see a maid rush past in a most unmaidly manner that Sakuya simply would not approve of.

> If Meiling is still alive, grab her too.

>Meiling is unconscious. You contemplate dragging her, but there's no way you can handle all that Meiling.

>Hmm, anyone else...? Well, using Flandre's help might be risky. When the heck does Koakuma get off of her vacation, anyway?

>Drawing Flandre into combat just seems wrong, anyways.
>Koakuma has a couple more weeks of vacation. You never did figure out where she got off to. Must be somewhere secret.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #833 on: December 29, 2009, 05:22:28 AM »
>Well, its no surprise that Meiling was caught off guard.
>Rush into the SDM and start looking for Sakuya and Remilia.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #834 on: December 29, 2009, 05:28:06 AM »
>Well, its no surprise that Meiling was caught off guard.
>Rush into the SDM and start looking for Sakuya and Remilia.

>You rush into the Mansion. The foyer is in more or less normal order, but there are a few maids that are laying in crumpled heaps. You can hear people running about in pretty much every wing of the mansion, and there is a fair deal of commotion. It doesn't look like anyone's gotten into the library, though. Or if they did, they thoughtfully shut the doors.

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #835 on: December 29, 2009, 10:45:56 AM »
> Be optimistic. Yuyuko might have been intentionally misleading for a laugh.
> Head brusquely in the direction of Remilia's study.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #836 on: December 29, 2009, 10:54:17 AM »
> Be optimistic. Yuyuko might have been intentionally misleading for a laugh.
> Head brusquely in the direction of Remilia's study.

>It's possible. But KOing Meiling and several of the maids while sending the rest of the maids into a tizzy isn't much of a laugh. ...Okay, the latter might be when viewed objectively. But it isn't right now.
>You make your way upward to Remilia's chambers. About halfway up, you encounter Sakuya, knives ready and stopping a throwing motion.
>"My apologies," she says. "I didn't know you had returned. You understand we have an intruder?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #837 on: December 29, 2009, 11:07:58 AM »
> "Yes, I do. Youmu, right? I'm sure this is all a big misunderstanding, and we'll be laughing about it over tea and biscuits later on."
> Pointedly ready a major spellcard.
> "So let's make sure that time comes as quickly as possible. Painlessness is optional."
> Keep going to Remilia's, wave Sakuya along.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #838 on: December 29, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »
> "Yes, I do. Youmu, right? I'm sure this is all a big misunderstanding, and we'll be laughing about it over tea and biscuits later on."
> Pointedly ready a major spellcard.
> "So let's make sure that time comes as quickly as possible. Painlessness is optional."
> Keep going to Remilia's, wave Sakuya along.

>"It's Youmu?" asks Sakuya. "Are you certain? All that we know is that it's someone significantly less friendly than Marisa."
>You prepare Rage Trilithon High Level.
>"Yes," says Sakuya.
>You wave her along, but she shakes her head. "I've already checked on Mistress, she is fine right now. The intruder must be somewhere below."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #839 on: December 29, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »
> "Then I'll go and entertain her with stories about my adventures, and we'll sit and laugh. If Youmu shows... up..."
> Get a slight tinge of worry.
> "Sakuya, could you bring Flandre to Remilia's study? Just in case. Tell her Remilia wanted a portrait drawn of herself, and decided that Flandre is the only one to do it, that should get her to come along."
> Keep going to Remilia's.