Author Topic: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 88508 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #630 on: December 27, 2009, 01:56:53 AM »
>Wait out the battle
>Afterwards, tell Reimu about the Sun incident without in any way incriminating yourself, in fact, making you look GOOD because you stopped Yuka. Let Utsuho, Nitori, and Alice (Hourai helped) sound good too~
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:58:26 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #631 on: December 27, 2009, 01:58:25 AM »
>Don't be entirely dishonest though. It'll just not end well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #632 on: December 27, 2009, 01:58:53 AM »
>Yeah, don't be dishonest. Just leave out anything that makes you sound bad.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #633 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:01 AM »
>Wait out the battle
>Afterwards, tell Reimu about the Sun incident without in any way incriminating yourself, in fact, making you look GOOD because you stopped Yuka. Let Utsuho, Nitori, and Alice (Hourai helped) sound good too~

>Don't be entirely dishonest though. It'll just not end well.
>Yeah, don't be dishonest. Just leave out anything that makes you sound bad.

>It takes awhile for the battle to wind down, but the result isn't terribly surprising; Marisa came looking for a nice cool place to relax; Reimu came prepared to solve an incident. Marisa just didn't bring all her cards with her.
>Reimu lands in front of you, rather battered-looking on her own. "Spill it." she says simply.
>You detail the events from your trip to the sun as well as you can without incriminating yourself. The Sun clearly got messed up by Yuka's meddling. Poor Hourai took a Master Spark to stop her. And if it weren't for Nitori's quick thinking, Utsuho lending ahand, and so on...
>"So you were there to see it, then?" Reimu asks. She gives you a look. "And you're sure you weren't urged to be there by someone who...say...has a personal issue with daylight?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #634 on: December 27, 2009, 02:16:09 AM »
>"Of course not! Everyone has been distressed by the heatwave that's been occurring. And I'm sure Miss Remilia wants the sun back as well; it impacts many more things then just whether she can go outside or not, and she knows that. All the plants will die... Gensokyo will go into an Ice Age... the list goes on and on. Neither I nor her would want such a thing to happen."

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #635 on: December 27, 2009, 02:27:32 AM »
>Hope to god Remilia doesn't fly by in ecstacy at being able to go outside.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #636 on: December 27, 2009, 02:30:44 AM »
>"Of course not! Everyone has been distressed by the heatwave that's been occurring. And I'm sure Miss Remilia wants the sun back as well; it impacts many more things then just whether she can go outside or not, and she knows that. All the plants will die... Gensokyo will go into an Ice Age... the list goes on and on. Neither I nor her would want such a thing to happen."

>"Alright, just checking," says Reimu. "Let's go see what Nitori and the others are up to."

>Hope to god Remilia doesn't fly by in ecstacy at being able to go outside.

>That would be so embarrassing on more levels can you could count...

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #637 on: December 27, 2009, 02:33:32 AM »
>Go with Reimu to see Nitori
>Ask Reimu if she knows where any Secret Items might be

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #638 on: December 27, 2009, 02:42:17 AM »
>Go with Reimu to see Nitori
>Ask Reimu if she knows where any Secret Items might be

>You follow Reimu back to kappa town. Thankfully, Remilia appear to do anything that would ruin your credibility, despite your very well grounded fears, but at one point you do see Letty fly past overhead crying, "Wheeeeee!"
>"Not heard anything since the last time you asked," says Reimu when you inquire about secret items.
>You return to Nitori's warehouse. Nitori is peering through a large telescope she set up outside, while Utsuho paces anxiously behind her. Utsuho looks over, and her eyes widen. "It wasn't me! It wasn' tme!" she cries. "I swear it wasn't me!"

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #639 on: December 27, 2009, 02:43:33 AM »
>"It had nothing to do with Utsuho, obviously. I was, however, hoping, that you'd allow her to make a new sun?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: December 27, 2009, 03:19:47 AM »
>"It had nothing to do with Utsuho, obviously. I was, however, hoping, that you'd allow her to make a new sun?"

>"You're just going to replace it, right?" Reimu asks.
>"Of course, of course!" Utsuho answers.
>Reimu nods, and presses on. "And you're going to put it back in the sky where it goes?"
>"That's why I got the telescope out," says Nitori, "Trying to track the right spot."
>"And you're not going to go mad with power again and make me have to take time out of my day to beat sense into you?" says Reimu. Nitori looks back at Utsuho as well.
>"...I don't think so," says Utsuho at length.
>"Fine, knock yourself out," says Reimu. "Just don't trying any legalist word-bending, okay? I was having a good day."
>"Found it!" Nitori says, yielding the telescope over to Utsuho.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #641 on: December 27, 2009, 03:22:24 AM »
>"If it makes you feel any better, Reimu, we'll do our best to prevent any unprecedented serious affairs before you have to get called in. We did managed to kick Yuka's ass at least ^-^"
>Mukyu

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #642 on: December 27, 2009, 03:36:20 AM »
>"If it makes you feel any better, Reimu, we'll do our best to prevent any unprecedented serious affairs before you have to get called in. We did managed to kick Yuka's ass at least ^-^"
>Mukyu

>Reimu nods. "Yeah , I gotta admit, that was pretty handy of you."
>You Mukyu. Reimu snorts in an effort to hold back laughter. Afterwards, she giggles.
>"Okay," says Utsuho. "Try not to look right at this." And with that, she takes to the air. Within moments, she is too high up for your light to reach. This becomes less of a problem about a minute later, when a pinpoint of light flares up against the pseudo-nighttime sky.

>_

« Reply #643 on: December 27, 2009, 03:48:49 AM »
> Put on sunglasses

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #644 on: December 27, 2009, 03:52:46 AM »
> Put on sunglasses

No. do this right.

>"So, I suppose with this...Utsuho...
>Put on Sunglasses
>"...Reiuzis herself to the sky"
>YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH~!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #645 on: December 27, 2009, 03:57:25 AM »
> Put on sunglasses

No. do this right.

>"So, I suppose with this...Utsuho...
>Put on Sunglasses
>"...Reiuzis herself to the sky"
>YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH~!

>You do not have sunglasses!
>The pinpoint rapidly flares up, until it becomes too much to look at! The sky lightens a bit, a pool of blue extending out from the light and chasing away the stars. You shield your eyes as best you can with your hand, as the flare blossoms into a new Sun, then zips off toward the horizon. If only you have put on your Pair of Black Glasses, could could have seen the rest!
>Once you are able to overcome your eyes being dazzled, you can see the new Sun is in place, and things seem as though they were never different to begin with. Also, it seems that sunset is close at hand.
>You see a green, white and black thing fall out of the sky, and hit the roof of Nitori's warehouse with a loud thump. The sounds that follow suggest that object broke through the roof.

>_

« Reply #646 on: December 27, 2009, 04:02:12 AM »
> I couldn't think of a way to make a good CSI Miami reference there. >_>
> Go check on Utsuho
> Make a mental note to drop by Shou's store and Alice's house on the way back to the mansion

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #647 on: December 27, 2009, 04:36:00 AM »
> I couldn't think of a way to make a good CSI Miami reference there. >_>
> Go check on Utsuho
> Make a mental note to drop by Shou's store and Alice's house on the way back to the mansion

>You and Nitori head into the warehouse. You see that Utsuho has fallen through the roof and onto a table, which has broken from the impact. She seems to have been knocked unconscious. Despite this, she is wearing a huge, goofy grin.
>Shou's Clothes is not on the way back to the mansion at all!

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #648 on: December 27, 2009, 04:38:56 AM »
>"Ahh... well... everything is fine now, so I suppose its time for me to be heading off."
>Go to Kourindou, must get sekrit disguise before we forget. If its still there, ask Rinnosuke what he wants for it

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #649 on: December 27, 2009, 05:18:21 AM »
>"Ahh... well... everything is fine now, so I suppose its time for me to be heading off."
>Go to Kourindou, must get sekrit disguise before we forget. If its still there, ask Rinnosuke what he wants for it

>You head off before you get roped into something else.
>You arrive at Kourindou. Rinnosuke seems to be having an early dinner at the moment. He gives you a friendly gesture with his chopsticks.

>The store contains:
>Broken Broadsword Handle: 100☼
>Book Entitled: Monday Magic by Patchouli Knowledge: 1500☼
>Iron Key: 500☼
>Figurine of a Lichen: 200☼
>Book Entitled: I Love Me, Vol I: 500☼
>Turtle Shell: 350☼
>Sun Sign: Royal Flare: 3000☼
>Potted Plant: 200☼
>Tome of Sugar Summoning: 15000☼
>Empty Ornate Bottle: 500☼
>Silver Dragonfly: 250☼
>Scarlet Devil Mansion Snow Globe: 250☼
>Rake: 175☼
>Bottle of Tongue-Melting Hot Sauce: 135☼
>Bottle of Commandant Koppo's Cucumber Kaboom Sauce: 200☼
>The Doll Maker of Bucuresti: 300☼
>Blue UFO
>Bottle of Avalonian Colon-Killer Sauce Label.
>Fire Sign: Agni Radiance
>Book Entitled: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
>Meteorite
>Silver Medal
>1/60 Scale Valsione Model
>M.U.L.E.
>Greeting Card
>Bottle of Blue Goo.
>Bottle of Ulcer-Inducing Hot Sauce
>Large Bag of Beans.
>Ultimate Truth
>Bottle of Jazz-Style Hot Sauce
>Bottle of Okuu's Fusion Sauce
>Dark Blue Backpack.
>Secret Disguise
>Book Entitled: Le Morte d'Arthur
>Orb
>Block of Clay
>Jar of Fluff
>Crescent Wrench
>Set of Knife Handles
>SCUBA Mask
>Bottle of Grinning Death Hot Sauce
>Jeweled Brooch
>Stopwatch
>Anteater Plushie
>A Single Geta
>You ask about the Secret Disguise. "Hm. I could trade you that and another item for your Commemorative Stein," he says.

>_

« Reply #650 on: December 27, 2009, 05:22:44 AM »
> Check temperature of Sun Shards
> If sufficiently cool, transfer them to the box
> Trade Commemorative Stein for Secret Disguise and...
> ...what else should we get? The Jeweled Brooch might be a good making-amends gift for Remilia, but if there's a single geta here, then Aya must have stopped by...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #651 on: December 27, 2009, 05:24:25 AM »
>Examine Orb, Large Bag of Beans, Single Geta, Stopwatch, Blue UFO, Iron Medal, and M.U.L.E.

Toasty

« Reply #652 on: December 27, 2009, 05:27:36 AM »
>royal flare? AGHAGHAGH
>Your book? AGHAGHAGH
>AGNI SHINE? AAAAAAGH
>AND AGNI RADIANCE?
>Trade Stein for disguise and royal flare.
>"I'll take that, and my spellcard....now..."
>"Rinnosuke, next time someone brings in something that obviously belongs to me, would you mean reserving it so i can retrieve it, preferably for free? Or possibly delivering it to it's rightfull owner, ME!?"
>"Speaking of, Agni shine And agni radiance are also mine. Mind if i take them?"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:30:47 AM by Toast »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #653 on: December 27, 2009, 05:28:20 AM »
>hope that Remilia isn't out somewhere screaming in pain right now
>speaking of which, those metallic flowers are probably a great makeup gift
>examine set of knife handles, ask where they came from
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #654 on: December 27, 2009, 05:32:49 AM »
>royal flare? AGHAGHAGH
>Your book? AGHAGHAGH
>AGNI SHINE? AAAAAAGH
>AND AGNI RADIANCE?
>"Rinnosuke, next time someone brings in something that obviously belongs to me, would you mean reserving it so i can retrieve it, preferably for free? Or possibly delivering it to it's rightfull owner, ME!?"
>"Speaking of, Agni shine And agni radiance are also mine. Mind if i take them?"
>We already made a new Royal Flare spellcard, we don't REALLY need to get a second one. And we have at least one of the Agni cards.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #655 on: December 27, 2009, 05:42:25 AM »
>royal flare? AGHAGHAGH
>Your book? AGHAGHAGH
>AGNI SHINE? AAAAAAGH
>AND AGNI RADIANCE?

> Considering that we TRADED the Agni spell cards ourselves, and that we've already talked to Rinnosuke about the book, we can safely not do any of this.
> We can also wait until we examine what's in the store sufficiently before to trade for the Secret Disguise.
> How is Rinnosuke supposed to know what belongs to us and was stolen anyway?  Do you propose we write our name on everything we own?  Most of it is actually Remilia's anyway.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #656 on: December 27, 2009, 05:45:19 AM »
> Check temperature of Sun Shards
> If sufficiently cool, transfer them to the box
> Trade Commemorative Stein for Secret Disguise and...
> ...what else should we get? The Jeweled Brooch might be a good making-amends gift for Remilia, but if there's a single geta here, then Aya must have stopped by...

>You find the Sun Shards are cool enough to transfer into the box.
>You agree to the deal, pending a look around.

>Examine Orb, Large Bag of Beans, Single Geta, Stopwatch, Blue UFO, Iron Medal, and M.U.L.E.

>Orb
>This is a jeweled piece of regalia made of precious metals, bearing a cross on the top. It is a symbol of European Kingship, depicting the domination of Christ over the world.
>Large Bag of Beans
>This is a  two-pound bag of kidney beans, enough to feed quite a few people.
>Single Geta
>This is a lone geta with no mate. The straps on it suggest it was not made for a normal foot.
>Stopwatch
>This is a device used to measure time expended to fractions of a second.
>Blue UFO
>This is a small blue Unidentified Flying Object.
>There is no Iron Medal in the store.
>M.U.L.E.
>This is a classic game of economics created in the mid-eighties, emphasizing interdependent systems and multiple players. This seems to be the C64 version.

>royal flare? AGHAGHAGH
>Your book? AGHAGHAGH
>AGNI SHINE? AAAAAAGH
>AND AGNI RADIANCE?

>We already made a new Royal Flare spellcard, we don't REALLY need to get a second one. And we have at least one of the Agni cards.

> Considering that we TRADED the Agni spell cards ourselves, and that we've already talked to Rinnosuke about the book, we can safely not do any of this.
> We can also wait until we examine what's in the store sufficiently before to trade for the Secret Disguise.
> How is Rinnosuke supposed to know what belongs to us and was stolen anyway?  Do you propose we write our name on everything we own?  Most of it is actually Remilia's anyway.

>You can't imagine his reply would be very polite.
>You hold off on taking the Secret Disguise just yet.

>hope that Remilia isn't out somewhere screaming in pain right now
>speaking of which, those metallic flowers are probably a great makeup gift
>examine set of knife handles, ask where they came from

>That would be bad. Or Flandre...
>You are smart enough to know that mirrors are a terrible gift for a vampire.
>Set of Knife Handles.
>This is a set of ten handles for knives of various sizes, carved of wood and inlaid with bone.
>"Youmu traded those to me," says Rinnosuke.

>_

Vic: Your formatting was fucked and it bugged me, I fixed it
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:52:58 AM by Ran Viper »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #657 on: December 27, 2009, 05:47:55 AM »
>Didn't Tenshi find a red or green UFO? Maybe they are important. Byakuren might want them, they're pieces of the Flying Vault she grew up in aren't they? Well, do you other people think we should get the Blue UFO~?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #658 on: December 27, 2009, 05:51:52 AM »
>examine how geta does not match a 'normal foot' - different toe splitting? Size?
>inventory
>examine commemorative stein
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #659 on: December 27, 2009, 05:59:27 AM »
>Didn't Tenshi find a red or green UFO? Maybe they are important. Byakuren might want them, they're pieces of the Flying Vault she grew up in aren't they? Well, do you other people think we should get the Blue UFO~?

>Tenshi had found a Red UFO. Reimu was not pleased by this.

>examine how geta does not match a 'normal foot' - different toe splitting? Size?
>inventory
>examine commemorative stein

>The straps on it are oddly arranged and too close together.
>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue
>List of Anti-Humidity Spell components.
>Ballpoint Pen
>Pad of Paper
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon (Used)
>Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech (used)
>Blessing of the Great Destructor
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine (Used)
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine High Level (used)
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn High Level (used)
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon
>Wood and Fire Sign: Forest Blaze (used)
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf
>Earth and Metal Sign: Emerald Megalith (used)
>Moon Sign: Silent Selene (used)
>Lucky Coin
>Banson's Aria
>AOL Disk with a Cardboard Sleeve
>Ladle
>Floating Trumpet
>Half of a Grilled Lamprey Sandwich
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory)
>Explosion Sign: Mega Flare (Used)
>Sparkling Prism Containing the Eighth Force
>Electric Train Set
>Wheel
>Shoddy Drawing
>Ruined Hat
>Doughnut
>Box
>Butterfly Fan
>Book Entitled: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
>Commemorative Stein Containing x2 Sun Shard
>Sun Sign: Mega Flare (used)
>Sun Sign: Royal Flare (used)
>Essence of Bamboo Flower
>Pair of Black Glasses
>Horribly Out of Date Map of Gensokyo
>Double Handful of Charred Legos of Fuckwin
>Bouquet of Mirrored Flowers
>Commemorative Stein
>This stein was made commemorate the flower incident a couple years back. It is made of high quality clay and inlaid with flowers made of gold. It appears quite valuable.

>_