Author Topic: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 88655 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Patchy Quest Again: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2009, 10:35:03 PM »
>Possible to make that connection spell with Ran's Cap? Its better than nothing, if we absolutely Neeed help. I mean come on, shes slightly less of a one-shot than Mystia.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #301 on: December 23, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »
>Check quests
>Examine quests
>Check completion status of quests
>Check inventory
>Examine inventory

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
> Remove Ran's Cap
> Use Ran's Cap as a proper item connected to someone else to make an ad-hoc version the spell that you used to talk with Marisa when she went underground and tell Ran to tell Yukari to come to the sun ONLY if this spell would leave Ran's Cap unaffected and in its previous state of not destroyed.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »
>come to think of it, the problem is that it's TOO close, rather than that it's just "close."
>IF NOT LAUNCHED INTO COMBAT WITH YUUKARIN:
1. smile unsettlingly
2. "Trying a new look! I've been feeling a little funny from the heat, today!"
3. look around for the sun shard a bit, and be careful not to step on or otherwise disturb any of the flowers
4. "Speaking of which, I guess my personal problem with it is the heat. I think I can understand what you're doing, now, and your intentions aren't exactly bad. But I think the sun's been a little TOO close for the past week or so. It's really damn hot down there, and people are getting annoyed at that; I don't know about the seasonal inconsistencies. Oh, I know some people will be upset about a lack of snow, or winter, and Letty's going to throw herself at you sooner or later, but that isn't necessarily my problem, is it?"
5. "Could I ask you to back it off just a little bit, maybe to mid-spring rather than mid-summer levels?"
6. Plan to sic Yukari on her by contacting from the safety of the rocket later, or just leave the beating up to someone else once back safely and explained
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2009, 11:23:42 PM »
>Ask her how she got up here
>Ask her if she knows yukari
>We're on a floating island? Check for mimigas. And don't eat the red flowers.

>"The same way a dandelion seed can get stuck in a tree," she says.
>"Everyone knows Yukari, I imagine," Yuka says, "Or at least knows of her."

>Possible to make that connection spell with Ran's Cap? Its better than nothing, if we absolutely Neeed help. I mean come on, shes slightly less of a one-shot than Mystia.

>You might be able to, but you'd need a couple minutes to properly cast the spell.

>Check quests
>Examine quests
>Check completion status of quests
>Check inventory
>Examine inventory

>Your current quests are:
>Destroy All Humidity
>You have vowed once and for all to make your library free of the threat of airborne water vapor.
>Eight Force
>You have learned that the Eighth Force is a kind of color, and can be found in a place with no shadows.
>Secret Collect!
>A Mysterious Robed Figure who's identity you deduced in about ten minutes wants you to bring her secret items.
>Flandre's Present
>You brought Flandre a present. That should be it, right?
>Making Amends
>You've resolved to patch things up with that maid before she poisons you.
>Find a Map of Gensokyo
>The name says it all, no foolin'.
>Fly, O Wheel
>You have agreed to make a flywheel for an cooling system at Eientei. It's almost complete, only the power source is needed.
>Reunite the Prismrivers
>You have vowed to bring the Prismrivers back together; a world with only soloists is a depressing world.
>Far Beyond the Sun
>Something is wrong with the sun, and someone is going to have to do something about it. Now you just have to deal with the Sun. And Yuka...
>Dancing Lasers
>You've vowed to reclaim the formula for Non-Directional Laser back from Marisa. Oy...
>Out of Time, out of Mind.
>You have decided to try to help Jeff K Anon get over his non-existence addiction. Yuyuko thinks she can help, now you need to visit Yukari. Yeek.
>Now it is Personal
>You have vowed revenge against a certain Tengu for making a fool of you.
>Your completed quests are:
>Have You Seen an Ice Faerie?
>You found Cirno trying to bust fresh rhymes at Eientei. What is the World coming to?
>Where the Keine?
>Keine was hiding underground, searching for mysterious things.
>Delivery for Moriya
>With Marisa's assistance, you delivered a huge barrel of liquor to the Moriya Shrine in exchange for two drinks!
>The Inevitable Consequence of Capitalism
>You burgalarized Wriggle for store credit!
>Where in the World are the Aki Sisters?
>You have vowed to find the Aki Sisters. You found Minoriko at their forest, and Shizuha deep within the Forest of Magic
>Let's You Wriggle Out of This One
>You brought Wriggle to justice, or at least parole and community service, and cleared your name with the Moriya shrine!
>Helping to Wriggle Out of This One.
>You managed to help Wriggle avoid being excessively punished on Mystia's behalf, earning her gratitude.
>Prismriver Blues
>You told Lyrica how her sisters were doing, and watched her revel in schaudenfreude. You aren't sure it was a justifiable feeling, given her situation.
>Live for the Underground!
>Satori got a Live Musical Act. You got a Secret Glass. Community Spirit!
>Get Rid of That Stupid Tattoo
>Your embarrassing tattoo is a terrible legacy of the many feasts following the spring incident. Now it will never trouble you again!
>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>The name says it all, you don't have to change clothes after getting up when you're feeling lazy.
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>This Cap has a Crescent on it, and quite precious to you.
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue
>A spell to wear at and expand metal.
>List of Anti-Humidity Spell components.
>The name tells you all you need to know.
>Ballpoint Pen
>It writes with ink. Practically magic.
>Pad of Paper
>Its uses are myriad and mysterious.
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon
>Summons a landslide from the aether. Be careful of collateral damage!
>Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech
>Invokes a massive explosion of fire and rock. Careless use of this will cost you friends.
>Blessing of the Great Destructor
>Sealed with a kiss.
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine
>Summons a whirlwind of fire. Be careful not to hurt yourself!
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine High Level
>A summons a double whirlwind of fire. This will get you into trouble very quickly if you aren't careful
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn High Level
>A call powerful gust laden with autumn leaves. It is like Shizuha came to visit!
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Summons landslide of rocks that changes direction unpredictably. Do not use this near delicate things, or neglect your own safty.
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake
>Summons a landslide of boulders you can direct. You'll be particularly to blame for any collateral damage
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon
>Imparts great malleability to metal and a fair deal of precision.
>Wood and Fire Sign: Forest Blaze
>Summons a wind filled with burning leaves. Not for careless use.
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf
>Creates falling water and falling leaves carried on a strong gust. Perfect for when you do not wish for much collateral damage.
>Earth and Metal Sign: Emerald Megalith
>Summons a number of beautiful emerald structures; it is not able to topple things that are already there.
>Moon Sign: Silent Selene
>Summons rays of moonlight to confound the target.
>Lucky Coin
>This is a coin of yours that you have developed a special and inexplicable favor for.
>Banson's Aria
>This is a powerful operatic song composed mostly of musical terms and praising the singer as handsome, strong, and idiot. It is said any fool can fight, but a true man sings!
>AOL Disk with a Cardboard Sleeve
>This is a Compact Disk with an AOL Logo on it, in a cardboard sleeve.
>Ladle
>This is a metal ladle, used for serving soup and other such things.
>Floating Trumpet
>This trumpet used to belong to Merlin Prismriver! It floats in the air when not being stored away!
>Half of a Grilled Lamprey Sandwich
>This is a half of tasty sandwich of grilled lamprey on a wheat bun with a kind of sauce you cannot readily identify. It is a little cold now.
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory)
>This is a pin in the shape of a heart-meltingly adorable tiger cub.
>Ran's Cap
>A cap with flaps for fox ears, decorated with yellow emblems
>Explosion Sign: Mega Flare (Used)
>One of Utsuho's Spellcards. Requires knowledge of Fusion or Sun Magic to use. It fills the air with balls of Fusion Energy.
>Sparkling Prism
>It is a prism that sparkles curiously.
>Electric Train Set
>A set of scale model trains with some lengths of track, packaged into a large box. You are not sure where anyone would find a proper outlet.
>Wheel
>A simple wooden wheel about a foot in diameter; suitable for small carts and wheelbarrows.
>Ruined Hat
>This is all that remains of Jeff K. Anon's hat. It is just a old, frayed red band and a few bits of white thread clinging tenaciously to it.
>Box
>This is a wooden box, and no longer haunted.
>Butterfly Fan
>An exquisitely crafted paper fan, covered in simple, beautiful ink paintings of butterflies. You can sense an obvious enchantment upon it.
>Box of Legos
>This is a box supposedly contines 300 or so legos, and the plans to make a small house and car.
>Tiny Crystal Castle
>This is a small castle made of crystal, no larger on its base than your thumbnail. It seems to have quite a lot of detail.
>Rusty Piece of Rebar
>This is a piece of concrete rebar that has been left out in the weather for awhile. Still, it is quite solid and sturdy.
>Book Entitled: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
>Commemorative Stein
>This stein was made commemorate the flower incident a couple years back. It is made of high quality clay and inlaid with flowers made of gold. It appears quite valuable.
>Sun Sign: Mega Flare
>One of Utsuho's Spellcards, adapted to your own use. It fills the air with balls of Fusion Energy.
>Sun Sign: Royal Flare
>Shines undulating flares of solar energy from you. Use with great caution!
>Essence of Bamboo Flower
>A sealed canister containing Essence of Bamboo Flower.
>Pair of Black Glasses
>A pair of darkened glasses. With them, you can see around the Sun.

> Remove Ran's Cap
> Use Ran's Cap as a proper item connected to someone else to make an ad-hoc version the spell that you used to talk with Marisa when she went underground and tell Ran to tell Yukari to come to the sun ONLY if this spell would leave Ran's Cap unaffected and in its previous state of not destroyed.

>You start trying to work the communication spell on Ran's Cap.
>"You didn't answer my question," Yuka notes, twirling her spellcard between her fingers.

>come to think of it, the problem is that it's TOO close, rather than that it's just "close."
>IF NOT LAUNCHED INTO COMBAT WITH YUUKARIN:
1. smile unsettlingly
2. "Trying a new look! I've been feeling a little funny from the heat, today!"
3. look around for the sun shard a bit, and be careful not to step on or otherwise disturb any of the flowers
4. "Speaking of which, I guess my personal problem with it is the heat. I think I can understand what you're doing, now, and your intentions aren't exactly bad. But I think the sun's been a little TOO close for the past week or so. It's really damn hot down there, and people are getting annoyed at that; I don't know about the seasonal inconsistencies. Oh, I know some people will be upset about a lack of snow, or winter, and Letty's going to throw herself at you sooner or later, but that isn't necessarily my problem, is it?"
5. "Could I ask you to back it off just a little bit, maybe to mid-spring rather than mid-summer levels?"
6. Plan to sic Yukari on her by contacting from the safety of the rocket later, or just leave the beating up to someone else once back safely and explained

>You think it's a problem of intensity, but Yuka certainly hasn't given you time to check!
>Who the what now?

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2009, 11:26:09 PM »
> Keep trying until someone declares war. It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Which will be never, at this rate, consider winter's never coming.
> "Yuka, let's go over this, slowly. You bring in the sun to high-summer levels over winter. The sun comes in by itself to high-summer levels over the summer. The only time when precipitation is at all likely will be spring and autumn, when, as you say, the sun returns to its usual place. Gensokyo's geography is that of a closed valley. This is going to cause monsoons like you wouldn't believe, flooding, and general desolation. Flowers won't have time to grow because their seeds would get washed away, and most wouldn't grow under water anyway. Any that grow will get parched during the summer. The insects that pollinate the flowers would have a generally reduced source of nutrients, thus reducing pollination and flower reproduction, and this effect will amplify until you've killed a major part of Gensokyo's flora and fauna. At that point, the shrine maiden is going to come up here with a few of her friends in tow, as this is usually wont to happen, and will tell you a thing or two about messing up her lifestyle. Please Yuka, be reasonable. I can work together with you to build a house where flowers could bloom and be green all year 'round - a green-house, as it were - and it'd be there just for you. Just let the Sun be as it usually is, please."

Toasty

« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2009, 11:27:17 PM »
>Finish communication spell
>After finishing, call the yakumos
>Tell them that yuuka moved the sun closer, adn is responsible for the heat wave.
>The parses did not check for mimigas on the floating island - how dare he.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
> "In response to your previous question, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore..."
> Look for the shard by wandering around.
> Try not to piss Yuka off.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2009, 11:36:40 PM »
>Eat your sandwich.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #309 on: December 23, 2009, 11:38:14 PM »
> Keep trying until someone declares war. It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Which will be never, at this rate, consider winter's never coming.
> "Yuka, let's go over this, slowly. You bring in the sun to high-summer levels over winter. The sun comes in by itself to high-summer levels over the summer. The only time when precipitation is at all likely will be spring and autumn, when, as you say, the sun returns to its usual place. Gensokyo's geography is that of a closed valley. This is going to cause monsoons like you wouldn't believe, flooding, and general desolation. Flowers won't have time to grow because their seeds would get washed away, and most wouldn't grow under water anyway. Any that grow will get parched during the summer. The insects that pollinate the flowers would have a generally reduced source of nutrients, thus reducing pollination and flower reproduction, and this effect will amplify until you've killed a major part of Gensokyo's flora and fauna. At that point, the shrine maiden is going to come up here with a few of her friends in tow, as this is usually wont to happen, and will tell you a thing or two about messing up her lifestyle. Please Yuka, be reasonable. I can work together with you to build a house where flowers could bloom and be green all year 'round - a green-house, as it were - and it'd be there just for you. Just let the Sun be as it usually is, please."

>You stop focusing on your communication spell to try and reason with Yuka.
>"You missed the part where I said we adjust it back to as it was after winter," says Yuka, shaking her head at you. "And now you're just making things up off the top of your head."

>Finish communication spell
>After finishing, call the yakumos
>Tell them that yuuka moved the sun closer, adn is responsible for the heat wave.
>The parses did not check for mimigas on the floating island - how dare he.

>You resume the spell. Silence hangs over the area for a few moments. "Hmm, I don't think I like that," says Yuka. She holds her card aloft and says, "Flower Sign: Reflowering of the Gensokyo!"
>There is now a significant of danmaku headed your way.

> "In response to your previous question, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore..."
> Look for the shard by wandering around.
> Try not to piss Yuka off.

>A little late for that one.

>Eat your sandwich.

>Are you sure you should be doing that, avatar?

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »
>damnit fightest
>Agni Shine

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2009, 11:40:58 PM »
> Royal Flare.
> Dodge.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »
>Use only one of the two aforementioned spellcards.
>Didn't we give that Crystal Castle to Yuugi for her Secret Bow? As you cast your spellcard, ponder how it was in your inventory.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2009, 11:48:58 PM »
>damnit fightest
>Agni Shine

> I tried :(
> Yeah, shoot her with stuff. She's beyond redemption. See if we can sic the miko on her when/if we get back.

« Reply #314 on: December 24, 2009, 12:30:20 AM »
> Set BGM

Chaore

« Reply #315 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:39 AM »
> You shouldn'tve. >: <
>Only use Agni Shine, At the moment, Don't waste the flare.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #316 on: December 24, 2009, 01:08:40 AM »
>damnit fightest
>Agni Shine

> Royal Flare.
> Dodge.

>Use only one of the two aforementioned spellcards.
>Didn't we give that Crystal Castle to Yuugi for her Secret Bow? As you cast your spellcard, ponder how it was in your inventory.

>You declare Agni Shine as a wave of nasty-looking flower petals close in on you. It burns through them, and closes in on Yuka; leaving you with a fairly easy amount of danmaku leftover to avoid. Sadly, it doesn't seem that Agni Shine is doing much more than making Yuka shuffle a bit.
>You don't have time to be thinking about the crazy things being so close to the Sun is making you see!
>She gestures in your direction with her parasol.

> Yeah, shoot her with stuff. She's beyond redemption. See if we can sic the miko on her when/if we get back.

>You really did your best to try to reason with her. Oh well, sometimes you have to use the language of violence.

> Set BGM

>You do not have this song!

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #317 on: December 24, 2009, 01:14:39 AM »
>Trilithon Shake, watch out for second Yuuka!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #318 on: December 24, 2009, 01:37:20 AM »
> Dive out of the way.
> Watch for doppelgangers.
> Look for sun shard while fighting.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #319 on: December 24, 2009, 01:45:23 AM »
>Trilithon Shake, watch out for second Yuuka!

>You draw Trilithon Shake, but before you can declare it, rays of light radiate out from Yuka's parasol, one of them striking you upon the chest and sending you tumbling back!
>You fall into a bed of flowers, your chest aching fiercely. You can hear Yuka chuckling.

> Dive out of the way.
> Watch for doppelgangers.
> Look for sun shard while fighting.

>You throw yourself aside moments before another beam of light tears through where you were laying.
>You don't see any doppelgangers yet, but you have heard more than enough about that from Marisa.
>You see that Agni Shine has been broken.

>_

>_

Chaore

« Reply #320 on: December 24, 2009, 01:55:11 AM »
>Son of a bitch.
> ======>!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #321 on: December 24, 2009, 02:05:34 AM »
>Son of a bitch.
> ======>!

>Who the what now?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #322 on: December 24, 2009, 02:06:27 AM »
> Dodge.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #323 on: December 24, 2009, 02:11:17 AM »
Fuck spellcards. Let's make this shit real.
>Use sparkling prism to reflect light in Yuka's eyes, blinding her (hopefully)
>Maneuver close upon success, beat her upside the head with the Stein and or Ladle.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 02:13:35 AM by Flonne, Innocent Angel Trainee »

Chaore

« Reply #324 on: December 24, 2009, 02:12:09 AM »
>I said girl, =====>!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #325 on: December 24, 2009, 02:15:36 AM »
> Ready Lava Cromlech.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #326 on: December 24, 2009, 02:17:30 AM »
> Dodge.

>You get to your feet, as Yuka waves the umbrella again. This time, the beams fire to either side of you, while more flower petals fill the air. You move to and fro, trying to keep away from them, when the beams suddenly shift and start to move left! You dash along with them, cutting though a flower bed, and to stay unscathed as the beams vanish.
>The air is starting to get more thick with flower petals from her Flower Sign.

Fuck spellcards. Let's make this shit real.
>Use sparkling prism to reflect light in Yuka's eyes, blinding her (hopefully)
>Maneuver close upon success, beat her upside the head with the Stein and or Ladle.

>You try to wave about the prism, and create a lovely rainbow. But it really doesn't phase Yuka very much. Then again, she also doesn't doesn't seem to need glasses very much.

>I said girl, =====>!

>WRF is this shit mastake. Be the guy to do the thing of sense make! Do it now!

> Ready Lava Cromlech.

>You draw out Fire and Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #327 on: December 24, 2009, 02:21:55 AM »
> Activate Lava Cromlech during the next barrage.
> Look around for a sun shard while dodging.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #328 on: December 24, 2009, 02:22:39 AM »
>"Hourai! Laser!"

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #329 on: December 24, 2009, 02:27:44 AM »
>Throw biggest object in inventory at Yuka while sufficiently distracting her with spellcards. Multiples if necessary.