Author Topic: Yume Nikki Mafia - Waking 2  (Read 70869 times)

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Yume Nikki Mafia - Waking 2
« on: May 15, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
A nondescript balcony in a nondescript apartment building of a nondescript town. A young pigtailed girl in a sweater leans on the railing and looks to nowhere in particular, seeing nothing in particular. After a while she goes back inside, the glass door closing the chilling night wind outside, and closing her inside. She glances at the front door, still safely locked against the outside world as always. She goes to the obsolete game console and absently-minded pokes the gamepad. No will to play that dumb game now, not interest in TV. She goes to the small writing desk and sits down, spins the chair a little with a bored look on, then stops and picks up her journal from the table.
Nothing to write about the day, there's never anything to write about the day, each day is just the same as the others. She looks at her bed. There is where anything worth writing happens. Or rather, in that amazing and bizarre world beyond the bed. Without bothering to undress, she slips under the covers and pulls them over her head. Leaves the boring world she doesn't want to face behind, and waits until she goes into a more interesting one.

The Rules of Engagement:

1. You may not edit your posts. Any changes you wish to make from a post must be done in a new Edit By Way Of Post (EBWOP).

2. You may not post screenshots of anything in the thread.

3. You may not Directly Quote anything the GM says in private. This includes your initial Role PMs, any Night results or answers I have given to your questions.

4. Remember, any action that is illegal to do is also illegal to fake. If you post a message during downtime, then later edit it saying something like "Screenshots removed" then regardless if you have made Screenshots or Not, I will modkill you.

5. Parties that are allowed to talk privately to each other may only in at the times established in their role PMs.

6. Votes are to be in bold with a ## in front. For example, ##Vote Nietz. You must also ##Unvote before you can place a vote on someone else.

7. Dream Phases (Days) will last 72 hours, or until a Majority is reached. LYLO or potential LYLO Dreams will last 120 hours. If there is no majority at the end of a day phase, the result is No Lynch. You may also choose to ##Vote No Lynch and the Day will end with a No Lynch if reached by the majority.

8. The Waking (Night) Phase will last 24 hours. You may not talk about anything game related in the thread during Night except for initial reactions to the end of the Day. If you have a Night action and fail to submit it, then no action will take place. This includes Mafia Night Kills.

9. Players who do not post within 24 hours will be sent a PM warning. Players who do not post for 48 hours will be forcefully replaced or modkilled. Please announce if you plan to be away for an extended period of time.

10. When PM'ing the mods for actions, or even to ask questions, send the PM to both me and Jan-san.

11. If you are killed, you may make one "Bah, go Town/Scum" type post. You cannot make any game related comments in that post or there will be additional punishment dealt out. Furthermore, all deaths in this game are final and if you are killed, you are free to converse with other dead players or spectators privately about the game. You are also free to keep posting in the thread during Waking Phases, as long as it's not game-related.

12. The roles will be mostly equivalent to the usual Mafia roles. Any different ones will be explained in the role PM and upon player flip. (Addendum: No roles in this game have being lynched as a win condition).

13. Any character can be of any alignment, independent of flavor role. All roles were  randomly assigned to players.

Special Game Rules:

0. Dream Phases are equivalent to Day Phases, and Waking Phases to Night Phases. This is for flavor's sake, and these terms can be used interchangeably.

1. The game will take place in the different Dreamworlds of Yume Nikki. Each world has a special set of Dream Rules that will be valid as long as the game is taking place in that Dreamworld.

2. The Dreamworld changes and the rules that apply to the current one will be made very clear in mod posts. So pay attention to the current Dreamworld rules, and that the previous Dreamworld rules will no longer be applied.

3. Dream Rules supersede any normal rules they come in conflict with, but only for as long as they are in place.

----

Mod: Nietz
Co-mod: Jan-san

Figments of the subconsciousPlayers:

Alive:
1. Edible
2. Zakeri
4. UKu?
5. Carthrat
6. Affinity
7. Roukanken
9. Alice
10. Serpentarius

Dead:

3. Pesco - Nopperabou, Scum Godfather - Abducted by Toriningen in the Guillotine Room
12. BaitySM - Poniko, Town-aligned Bomb - Became a Severed Head and is taking it easy.
13. Kanguya Yaraisan - Monoko, Vanilla Townie - Was chopped in half at the Guillotine Room.
8. Kiro - Medamaude, Town-aligned Dreamscape Changer - Pushed off a pillar block in the Teleport World by scum.
11. Sodium Peroxide - Lynched by being thrown out of a pillar block in the Teleport World

Dreams so far:

Dream 1 - The Guillotine Room
Dream 2 - Teleport World
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:20:17 AM by Nietz »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Pregame (The Nexus)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »
The Nexus:

A simple, large room. As much it can be called a room without walls ceilings or floor. Bizarre images are scattered across the non-existent floor, seemingly close and impossibly far away. Nothing of that matters, the room is just here as a place for the doors. There's the one who goes back to the room, or something very close to the real room. And there's the twelve other mysterious doors laid in circle, each leading to a different world, and these worlds leading to others. The doors themselves showing nothing but the slightest hint of the place they lead too.

So, which one will it be...

Pregame phase is in place while I send out role PMs and wait for confirmation. You're free to post to confirm, ask questions or anything else, as long as it's not game discussion.
Game is set to start at Saturday 03:00 GMT if everyone has confirmed by then.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »
Thumbs up for my internet randomly having a fit as I was posting >_>
Either way, I'll try again.

PM received.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 12:03:57 PM »
Confirmed.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 12:05:22 PM »
Didn't read the role PM

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Confirmed.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 01:13:39 PM »
confirmed.

Also, I'm finally a dayvig, so I'll do something that should be done every game if recent trends mean anything, so...

##Yuyuko Doll: Nietz

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
Confirmed.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 02:06:46 PM »
confirmed

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »
I'm awake~

I'm confirmed~

Mr_Alert

• weeeooo weeeooo weeeooo
  • I hope that's from food coloring...
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 03:36:34 PM »
Confirmed.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
##Yuyuko Doll: pesco47
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
yup

sup

/confirm

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »
*yawn* oh, are we starting now? Sorry, I just woke up.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 07:42:22 PM »
I'm here, got my PM, good to go.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 09:03:09 PM »
Hey Nietz, may I ask a setup question?

Are the dream rules already preset and assigned for each day or are you going to pick them at random when each day phase begins?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »
Hey Nietz, may I ask a setup question?

Are the dream rules already preset and assigned for each day or are you going to pick them at random when each day phase begins?
Each Dreamworld has its preset rules, the sequence of Dreamworlds is already randomly set.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Dream 1 (The Guillotine Room)
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 03:00:05 AM »
The Guillotine Room:

A huge open floor, which might as well be called Hell's interpretation of the French Revolution Terror. All over the place, creepy guillotines with smiling faces stand, opening and closing their blades on their own, as if hungry for some necks to chop. To make matters worse, a multitude of demented Toriningen - tall women with ugly, long noses and monster-like appearance - roam the floor looking for victims. Heads will roll before this dream is over. Heads MUST roll.

Dream Rules:

1. No Lynch is not an option.

2. A Majority lynch will only occur at a 2/3 majority (rounded down). In this case, 8 players.

3. If a Majority is not reached before the deadline, the TWO most voted players will be lynched. If there's any ties, ALL players tied at the top will be lynched.

That's it.
Game, as they say, is afoot.

-----

Vote Count:

Everyone (0)

Not voting: Everyone

With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have 72 hours remaining.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 03:07:58 AM »
Town theoretically gets as many lynches as it wants today.  Awesome~

We should be able to coordinate multiple lynches if we feel convinced enough to remove multiple players in one day.

That said:

##vote pesco47 for pesco47 reasons.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 03:09:35 AM »
##Vote Roukanken

His signature bugs me.

Also, let it be known that Edible beat me to the draw.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 03:16:33 AM »
##Vote: Nietz

Obvious reasons, etc

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 03:32:47 AM »
You know what would be funny is if we all voted for a different person.

##Vote: Alice Margatroid What? A touhou character? What are you doing in a Yume Nikki game!?

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 03:41:45 AM »
...multi-lynch?

AWESOME

We are definately lynching at least two people today, and more would be nice but it may be dangerous to go too far. Three at most?

##Vote: Alice he's lurked before and stuff.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:15 AM »
Town theoretically gets as many lynches as it wants today.  Awesome~

We should be able to coordinate multiple lynches if we feel convinced enough to remove multiple players in one day.

That said:

##vote pesco47 for pesco47 reasons.

Yay Edible, I was about to use this :P

##Vote: Nietz

Obvious reasons, etc

Obvscum. That's my shtick

##Vote Kanguya Yaraisan

...multi-lynch?

AWESOME

We are definately lynching at least two people today, and more would be nice but it may be dangerous to go too far. Three at most?

##Vote: Alice he's lurked before and stuff.

Why so limiting? Worried?

You know what would be funny is if we all voted for a different person.

##Vote: Alice Margatroid What? A touhou character? What are you doing in a Yume Nikki game!?

Lynch the whole game. Who WOULD win?

So, at any rate, I really AM a dayvig and Nietz needs to die. Have fun. ##Daykill: Nietz

(j/k)
(Or am I?)

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 04:06:47 AM »
stop WoTing

Mr_Alert

• weeeooo weeeooo weeeooo
  • I hope that's from food coloring...
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 04:17:04 AM »
words go here

Oh god. Wall o' text already? This is gonna be a fun game. :(

random.org says 10. ##Vote Serpentarius

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 04:24:11 AM »
Oh god. Wall o' text already? This is gonna be a fun game. :(
Basically  =x

---

I roll a die twice, and get two 3's. That means I choose "6". Of course, to make it fit into the 12 criteria, I've excluded myself from the sample (for now).

##Vote Affinity
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 04:28:19 AM »
Confirm, etc. This has been a busy day.

I'm not seeing the WoT's so far. I do agree that some limiting should be done, simply because if we mis-lynch enough people then Town is forced to head into LYLO early or might even lose.

In any order, ##Vote: Zakeri for hypocricy (I mean come on. Zakeri Izayoi? And you blame *me* for being in the wrong game? I mean seriously.)
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 04:33:54 AM »
##Vote Pesco47

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 04:53:28 AM »
Lynch the whole game. Who WOULD win?

Pesco would, since his game is next in the roster.

In any order, ##Vote: Zakeri for hypocricy (I mean come on. Zakeri Izayoi? And you blame *me* for being in the wrong game? I mean seriously.)

Nice Try. As the Son of Sakuya, I am actually part Knife, and since there is a knife in the game, I do have role in the game.

Besides, I'm a guy. I'd never appear in a touhou game.