Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 81276 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: INVASION! (Day 6) - No Cats, Men Only, Final Destination
« Reply #810 on: October 05, 2009, 12:31:32 AM »
Vote Count: Completely Unnecessary Edition, Mk. III

Not voting: Everyone!

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

LYLO.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #811 on: October 05, 2009, 03:12:32 AM »
In comparison Affinity was highly verbal, arguing for the Suwako lynch at the end of the day, and therefore a good target for a tracker. Therefore I see no problem with the line of thinking as it stands.

I disagree with this line of thinking.  Many argued for the Suwako lynch strongly anyways, and so did Serp.  And you can't tell what trackers are thinking and who they want to investigate.  So for all practical reasons, it's better to have the goon do the NK, since both were on the Suwako wagon after all.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #812 on: October 05, 2009, 05:36:18 AM »
This is a painful game for me, and probably one of my worst since GWU or something.  But now, let's see what I can do.

First up, my Kiro case is indeed weakened considerably since I misinterpreted this sentence from this post

In essence, lack of true scumhunting and just settles on the case that can only make sense to him due to his claimed role.

... which I thought was talking about Serp on D3, but was actually talking about his D4 actions.  So I have to concede that in the end, though there were some juts and changes in reasoning from day to day, they are apparently justified.  However, this change still seems a little awkward.  But judging that he spearheaded the lynches on Serp and UK on D4 and D5, I think my case on him yesterday was not exactly correct.

---

Roukanken is my new primary suspect for today.  While the constant UK bus works with him, I notice that her case is mostly lazy and static and that Rou's responses to them were mainly non-existent, without much town-town or town-scum vigor.  For example, this post in day one does not respond to Uk's vote.  Neither does this happen for D2 (though he responds to mine with vigor) or D3, which is odd, and so I'm quite confident in saying that the cred he gets from UK voting him is quite insignificant.  This, coupled with hasty D4 play, useless D2, and such, makes me think he's the last scum.

---

I've got nothing on Sodium.  I don't think he's that good excluding bandwagon analysis, but he's descent though not detailed, and has fairly consistent opinions.  With bandwagon analysis, he's pretty much in the clear considering that VgT OMGUSed him on D1 and etc.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:20:26 PM by Edible »

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #813 on: October 05, 2009, 08:29:31 AM »
@mod:

Could you help me fix the above post?

Kay.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:20:39 PM by Edible »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #814 on: October 05, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »
I disagree with this line of thinking.  Many argued for the Suwako lynch strongly anyways, and so did Serp.  And you can't tell what trackers are thinking and who they want to investigate.  So for all practical reasons, it's better to have the goon do the NK, since both were on the Suwako wagon after all.
This is assuming that you were a goon and not, say, the godfather.

Roukanken is my new primary suspect for today.  While the constant UK bus works with him, I notice that her case is mostly lazy and static and that Rou's responses to them were mainly non-existent, without much town-town or town-scum vigor.  For example, this post in day one does not respond to Uk's vote.  Neither does this happen for D2 (though he responds to mine with vigor) or D3, which is odd, and so I'm quite confident in saying that the cred he gets from UK voting him is quite insignificant.  This, coupled with hasty D4 play, useless D2, and such, makes me think he's the last scum.
I didn't really respond to UK on Day 1 because in a lot of ways she was just agreeing with Umu, who I actually was responding to. Plus I spent a good deal of the day pre-Suwako trying to argue that her gutclear of Anthony looked pretty bad, which I'm willing to argue isn't scumbuddy play on D1 with VgT already up in the air.
And also, most of her case against me didn't go beyond 'he did X which is scummy'. There wasn't really much for me to respond with, so I went for the old 'best defense = good offense' adage.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #815 on: October 05, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »
Didn't quite finish another reread last night, but a few things I saw again with the UK flip on hand convinced me Rou and UK were not Scum bussing each other. It's not conclusive, but it really gives me a strong feeling that they weren't bussing.

UK chose Rou over VgT in #108. Thus, if she intended to hard bus between two Scum, it was set really early. But it just doesn't seem like she treats both as Scum because she spends a lot of time going after Rou and commenting far less on VgT early on. Her #145 says both Sodium and Rou are swaying in the wind. For such a simple short comment, my impression of that is she lumped two Townies together as suspicious waffles rather than just one Town, one Scum (since both can't be Scum this game). And in UK #189, UK says she may be willing to go for VgT but still likes the Rou vote. Once again, she's staying on Rou and this would be the most incredible double bus I've ever seen if Rou is indeed Scum. It really looks more like a long planned mislynch attempt because she eventually relents on her suspicion to vote VgT. She does this in Day 1, but not in Day 3 when Serp/Suwako happened.

Just to look at a few things on Rou's side, Rou's #149 listed a scumlist of Anthony, UK, VgT, and Kilga. Putting his hypothetical buddies at #2 and #3 would be risky for him as Scum as the game was still really early and the momentum could have easily shifted to either of them. Also, Rou's infamous list at #228 has VgT at #6, but also UK at #3. Doesn't really seem to fit a pattern of Scum bussing since he puts the people he has strong feelings for correctly imo. And finally, the long argument between Rou and UK afterwards reads as genuine arguing. This also conveniently enough is after UK votes VgT pretty much cementing her status as bussing VgT and she starts to pick at Rou for all the little things that he ends up missing about VgT. Doesn't read as Scum to Scum arguing.

---

Affinity: If that's all you've really got, I don't think it's enough to clear you. From my point of view, Sodium and Rou can't be Scum so it has to be you and you've done enough suspicious things to make it justifiable.

##Vote Affinity

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #816 on: October 05, 2009, 04:55:25 PM »
Unless Affinity has anything else that he's intending to say in his defense, I'm more or less ready to vote for him at any time. I don't think we need 7 days for this one, honestly...

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #817 on: October 05, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
Yeah, this day is essentially "Present your case and defenses". Which is fine and dandy, but we don't need 7 days for this, seeing as we've all done it in about a day. Don't see Rou or Kiro as scum, so:

##Vote Affinity

I think we've pretty much hit the peak of this game. No point in dragging it out...

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #818 on: October 05, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »
Affinity is at L-1.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #819 on: October 05, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »
Oh forget it. Even if Affinity is Town he's more or less given up by now.

##Hammer Vote: Affinity

Alright then, Kiro, Sodium, whichever one of you it is that's been screwing with me all game. Start laughing. T_T

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #820 on: October 05, 2009, 09:39:33 PM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #821 on: October 05, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »
Edible's been idle on IRC for over three and a half hours and I have no idea when he will return and I don't want to make people wait so I'll wait for only a few minutes to see if he responds and if not I'll go ahead and update.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #822 on: October 05, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »
in before edible

Edible

« Reply #823 on: October 05, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »
Vote Count: Way To Go
Affinity (3): Kiro, Sodium, Roukanken

Affinity, playing Minoriko Aki, Extra-Tasty Vanilla Townie, was served to and devoured by the moderator, alongside a healthy portion of butter and bacon bits.

I'm at work, Kilga <3

And yeah, I'm calling it here.  Scum wins.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #824 on: October 05, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »
Sodium, thought to be playing Sariel, but really playing Dave Grohl (Mafia Goon) was some dude I've never heard of! But he won the game! So good for him.

Scum win! Town lose! Massive Fail!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: INVASION! (Game Over) - I Hate You All
« Reply #825 on: October 05, 2009, 09:50:59 PM »
Oi why not give them the night WIFOM >:(

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #826 on: October 05, 2009, 09:51:27 PM »
Oh for the

Edible

« Reply #827 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
Congrats, Sodium!

You are...

[size=8]THE BEST![/size]

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:24:57 PM by Professional Anime Character »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #828 on: October 05, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »
Good job Sodium.

Def Scum MVP

I really should have thrown Serpy away the same way I did VgT...I guess I was a little soft on him :(.

Good game all. Honestly Rou, your suspicions weren't that far off earlier, but I had to discredit you somehow.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #829 on: October 05, 2009, 09:54:54 PM »
Pffff

I had Sodium under some suspicions for being to quick in the Serp lynch, but nowhere near as much as Rou.

Edible

« Reply #830 on: October 05, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »
Oi why not give them the night WIFOM >:(

For a number of reasons.  One of them was scum outplayed town so hard this game that it was kind of depressing.  Another is I turned off UK's power for psuedo LYLO, so it was really fair.

Edit: Or not.  Well, I had mostly come to this decision long before LYLO anyway.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:57:49 PM by Edible »

Edible

« Reply #831 on: October 05, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »
Big thanks to Kilga for stepping in as comod.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #832 on: October 05, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »
Is it a bad sign if I feel like I'm going to be physically ill?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #833 on: October 05, 2009, 09:58:57 PM »
Post up the details so I can update the archive

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #834 on: October 05, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
Wait, what? But I sent you the NK for Kiro.

Oh, I was the one that called for Pesco Night Kill. Should I post the QT?

Sorry Rou. =V

Edible

« Reply #835 on: October 05, 2009, 10:01:44 PM »
12 townies
4 mafia

Townie power roles
1) Kiro (Celebrity)
Good evening, Shinki.  As the mistress of Makai, you are responsible for many denizens - why, then, would you be helping Gensokyo in its hour of need?  The answer is simple.  You're really goddamn bored.  When's the last time you showed up in a game?  Christ.

While you are aligned with the town, you have no intention of seeing yourself perish.  You are a Celebrity, after all.  Once per night, you must select another player - your ahoge will apply temporary hypnosis, causing them to act as a shield against any potential attacks on your person.  Of course, it also means they die in your stead.  This power has two charges, and must be used every night.  A charge is only used if you are targeted at night for a kill, and will have no effect during the day - you are not immune to lynches.

You win with the Town.  Best of luck!

2) Nietz (Tracker)
Good evening, Yorihime.  Gensokyo hasn't done you any favors, yet you're helping them out anyway because Eirin asked very nicely.  Aww.  You don't get much flavor text because the series you're from is pretty boring.

You are a town-aligned Tracker.  Once per night, you may target another player to see whom else they targeted that evening.  You may use this ability up to three times during the game.

3) pesco (Doctor)
Good evening, Tewi.  You've spent enough time around Eirin to know a thing or two about medicine, but being a trickster rabbit, you also know it can have some very unsettling side effects... which you might just use to your advantage, given you stole a bunch of medicine from Eientei before getting roped into this scum-hunting business.

You are a town-aligned Kevorkian Doc.  You can use your medicine to attempt to save one person per night, or you may stuff all of it in their mouths to end their pathetic existence.  Note that if you do the latter, you can't heal anyone else - you're out of medicine!  Unfortunately, you're not skilled enough to heal yourself - nor are you capable of healing the same target consecutively.  Finally, you only have enough patience to protect someone three times.

You win with the town.  Best of luck!

4) Kilgamayan (vt)
Good evening, Aya.  You are firmly opposed to the Internet as a whole, because it means the Bunbunmaru would quickly go out of circulation - and then you'd be out of a job.  You happen to be a Town-aligned Townie Town Townie, With a Side Of Town.  Your abilities are Being Town.  Throughout the game, you may (if you choose) publically declare that you are Town.  Whether anyone believes you is completely up to them, but you certainly do have that option!

5) Zakeri (5 magic stones)
Good evening, 5 Magic Stones.  You were wandering around Gensokyo one d- wait you're a bunch of rocks, you don't wander.  You were... sitting around Gensokyo one day, when you thou- okay, you're a bunch of rocks, you aren't sentient.  You were sitting around Gensokyo one day, when someone came to you and sa- ...  OKAY SERIOUSLY DO YOU ACTUALLY EXPECT ME TO WRITE FLAVOR TEXT FOR THIS FOR FUCK'S SAKE I QUIT

You are a Bunch Of Fucking Rocks.  You don't do much of anything, but you DO win with the town!  Best of luck.

6) Kitten4U (Yumemi)
The power of Science compels you!  Gensokyo is an important place of study for you, and you're reluctant to let it go to the Internet dogs.  Unfortunately, your great power has diminished since you didn't show up in UFO, so you are only a Vanilla Townie.

You are a Vanilla Townie.  You win with the Town.  Best of luck!

7) u? (Koishi Komeiji)
uu~

You are Koishi Komeiji, and you are capable of making cute noises!  Cute noises are cute, but that's all they are - you're basically just Vanilla Town.  Way to go.

You are a vanilla cute-noise-making townie.  You win with the Town.  Best of luck!

8) Roukanken (Nitori)

Kappapa Kappapa Roukanken, you live in Europe don't you, Roukanken?  Singing this role PM to your character's theme is fairly difficult, so I'm just going to go offbeat and say that you're Vanilla Townie.

You are a Vanilla Townie.  You win with the town.  Best of luck!

9) Angel Milk (Tenshi Hinanai)

You are Tenshi Hinanai, and you love to get your ass kicked in Gensokyo.  What right do these internet goons have to invade on your private masochism playground?

That said, you have no special ability or power, but you DO win with the town.  You are, therefore, a Vanilla Townie.  Best of luck!

10) Evil Magnum Anthony (Mima)

You are Mima, dead person haunting the Hakurei Shrine.  You would probably be better off if anyone actually paid attention to you, or if you showed up in games anymore... but alas, you aren't.  Behold, your power is that of the Vanilla Townie! ... which means you can't do much at all.

11) Affinity (Minoriko Aki)

Mmm... baked potato.

Er, I mean.  You are a Delicious Vanilla Townie, which is almost exactly like a regular Vanilla Townie except far more tasty.

You win with the town.  Best of luck!

12) Suwako Moriya (Suwako Moriya)

Ribbit.

Scum
1) Serpentarius
Good evening, Remilia... or should I say, Remirya?

You have come from the Internet to Take It Easy?, but it's hard to take it easy when Sakuya isn't constantly around to tend to your every need.  You have therefore decided to focus your delicious meat-filled rage on slaying everyone who isn't Sakuya.  Which is to say, every Townie.

You are a mafia-aligned Remirya-type yukkuri.  Once per game (at night) you may scream for Sakuya, who will swiftly and mercilessly end the existence of the last person who bullied (read: voted) you.  Note that this power can only work in two circumstances: 1) The person you select had an active vote on you when the Day ended, and 2) It must not be a LYLO situation (IE, you cannot use this power along with a night kill to win instantly).

You win with the Mafia.  Best of luck!

2) UncertainKitten
Good evening, Orin... or should I say, Takoluka?

You are an adorable octopus thing, and expected to be treated with kindness and love upon entering Gensokyo.  Unfortunately, every stupid bastard is trying to eat you, so you decided to team up with these other oddities and are out for vengeance.

You are a mafia-aligned votestopper.  Once per night, you may shoot ink at a player, rendering their votes invalid the following day.  You may only do this to a specific player once per game, and your power becomes inactive in a LYLO situation.

You win with the Mafia.  Best of luck!

3) VGameT
Good evening, Unzan... or should I say, Unzan?

Wait, what?  You're not an invader from the Internet.  Why are you scum?  Oh, that's right - it's because you hate Gensokyo and want it to die.  As the only freaky cloud thing around, you find it's difficult to reproduce... and this has made you a very very angry brofist.

You are a mafia-aligned goon.  You win with the Mafia.  Best of luck!

4) Eliphas
Good evening, Sariel... or should I say, Dave Grohl?

You are THE BEST, and you have come to Gensokyo to be THE BEST and spread THE BEST knowledge about THE BEST song in the world.  It is in THE BEST interest to THE BEST with THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST.  You are a mafia-aligned hairy vocalist.  You are a Mafia goon.  You win with the Mafia.  Best of luck!

Edible

« Reply #836 on: October 05, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »
Wait, what? But I sent you the NK for Kiro.

Oh, I was the one that called for Pesco Night Kill. Should I post the QT?

Sorry Rou. =V

Post it if you want, sure.  I actually wasn't going to count your final NK either way.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #837 on: October 05, 2009, 10:06:24 PM »
...Whoa, not trying to kill Kiro was actually a good idea. Nice.

QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/z9qeeDtsw62wt

Edible

Re: INVASION! (Game Over) - Kilgamayan Hates You All
« Reply #838 on: October 05, 2009, 10:07:05 PM »
The fact that you guys avoided him the entire game was pretty hilarious, I must say.

Night actions incoming.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: INVASION! (Game Over) - Kilgamayan Hates You All
« Reply #839 on: October 05, 2009, 10:08:16 PM »
Mafia game finally over?  Can I join the next one?