Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 81305 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: INVASION! (Day 3) - Tragedy! Drama! Suspense!
« Reply #600 on: September 25, 2009, 11:38:11 PM »
Vote Count: Starting To Run Down To The Wire
Serpentarius (3): Sodium, Kitten4U, Nietz
Suwako Moriya (4): Serpentarius, Roukanken, Affinity, Kiro
Nietz (1): pesco
Roukanken (1): UncertainKitten

Not voting: Suwako Moriya

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have <18 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:54:50 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #601 on: September 25, 2009, 11:52:55 PM »
Sorry, re-did the Touhou Sort, and then played the masochistic game Shoot the Bullet.

Suwako: WIFOM is not 50/50, but rather, when one side has an inherent advantage over the other. the MS wiki explains it, and Rou did too, so I'm not going to bother.

Well, Serp's roleclaim makes sense, I guess. Reasoning for shotting Zak is shaky, but I can see it happening somewhat. Also, Suwako has degraded into a pile of WIFOM since Day 3 started, and regarding the Day 1 Town Clear; while I think it's much more likely that it wasn't 2 scum wagons, the arguments saying that it could be an absurd gambit/scum mistake are good, and they're possible, which means Suwako could be scum. Overall, I'm fine with either lynch, but I'm staying on Serp for the time being.

Oh, and I believe Nietz' claim is genuine. It wouldn't make sense for Nietz to have said anything if it wasn't true, unless he was going for what Edible did last game, which is also pretty stupid.

UK's post is "ROU HAET. Oh, but the main two possible lynches are cool too."

Kitten4u now needs to post.

And I gtg eat. I might have stuff to elaborate on, but can't right now.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #602 on: September 26, 2009, 12:11:10 AM »
UK's post is "ROU HAET. Oh, but the main two possible lynches are cool too."

Rou has needed to die since D2. I might be tunneling, and I apologize.

Further, I do NOT approve of the Suwako lynch. I just feel that it'd be better to have a lynch than to not have one.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #603 on: September 26, 2009, 12:23:28 AM »
Quote from: Kiro
Heh, I didn't consider the possibility of Serp himself being a Vig. As far as that choice:

And here I assumed that you had reached that conclusion yourself, and were deliberately avoiding mentioning it because you didn't want to out me. :P

Quote from: Nietz
Even Night Vig sounds a plausible role, I would say. But Zakeri as a target seems very fishy coming from Serp. There was no sign of Zak suspicion from him beforehand, and no crumbing afterwards indicating that he had any suspicion of Zak before his death.

D2, I was caught up in the Suwako case and not really looking elsewhere.  Later in the day, that writeup I never delivered would've included Zakeri as a big suspicion, though a vote on him that late would've basically been a throwaway one.  And D3, I don't see how it would've helped the town at all to breadcrumb that Zakeri would've been a priority lynch for me if we didn't already have his flip.  After there was a second NK last night, scum were probably on the lookout for an indication of who the vig was.

Not sure what to make of UncertainKitten asking me to kill myself.  I was considering the possibility, but if I had decided that my best use to town was to remove myself from the mislynch pool, I would have done so already.

The Nietz claim looks solid to me.  The only way he could have picked me out as the one who killed Zakeri would be if he has the ability he says he does.  As to whether he's a town tracker, the only factor in favor of that is the rarity of scum investigative roles.  Nietz would lose a lot from a Suwako scum flip, and scum have to know that.

Yaaaay misdefining WIFOM again. The basis of WIFOM is saying something along the lines of 'Scum want me to think A, so I'll think B, but then if they KNOW I'd jump to be they'd make B the lie, so I should go back to A, but then if I go back to that...' and so on ad infinitum.
Even in your case it applies. The gold is simply another factor to consider - would your opponent put the poison in the wine with the gold to punish your greed? Would he place it in the other glass to second-guess you? Would he second-guess your second-guessing and put it in front of the gold again? In the end, it's still 50-50 in terms of which glass the poison is in.

WIFOM, as it's used here at MotK mafia at least, is kind of a misnomer.  The hypothetical that it was originally based from was 50-50, yes, but there's no such thing as a true 50-50 choice in mafia.  If differently sized piles of gold are put by each glass, it can be shown mathematically that for the highest expected reward, the drinker should choose randomly among the two glasses, but weight that random choice based on the relative sizes of the piles of gold.  Similarly, the guy offering the choice should randomly choose which glass gets poisoned, weighted by the relative sizes of the piles of gold.  Incidentally, the two weightings should turn out to be the same.

Cut by Sodium directing you all to the MS Wiki.  Bleh, a lot of the articles there are crap, in my opinion.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #604 on: September 26, 2009, 01:01:09 AM »
Serp: The WIFOM article isn't that bad. It gives a simple enough examples that anyone should get.

UK: And I seem to have misread, but it seemed like it when you said that you would vote him if needed. Also, it'd be nice for other opinions on other people if you have the time, seeing as you've missed most of the Day.

Kitten4u needs to post. =V

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #605 on: September 26, 2009, 01:02:32 AM »
UK: And I seem to have misread, but it seemed like it when you said that you would vote him if needed. Also, it'd be nice for other opinions on other people if you have the time, seeing as you've missed most of the Day.

I did say I'd vote him if needed. As for opinions on other people, I need to reread Affinity and Nietz, take a closer look at you, but overall I think most of you are in the clear except Serp and Rou. Possibly Suwako but I doubt that's compatable with Rou.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #606 on: September 26, 2009, 01:21:46 AM »
Sorry for the lack of post yesterday I didn't have time to do it.

This game is making my head hurt.  From my understanding it's normally 3.5 townies for every mafia out there, which means there's 4 or 5 of them.  At this point I think it's safe to say that at least one of them was bussing VgT.  I'm also convinced that there is at least one scum on Suwako's D1 wagon regardless of how he flips.  At this point I really don't want to reread the entire game, but I might do so.  For now, I just took a look at the votes.

But first I want to address the claims. 

Nietz's claim seems reasonable enough.  I don't quite get why he chose Affinity, but since he did express some suspicion of his D1 actions D2 it doesn't seem unreasonable that he would.

Serp's claim however makes absolutely no sense to me even if he did find Zakeri suspicious.  He had a choice between vigging someone that everyone was clearing due to being alternative wagon to a scum wagon and someone that a couple of people had at least expressed suspicion of.  Vigging Suwako would have given the town a lot of information whereas vigging Zakeri gave us very little.  The choice makes very little sense.  My vote stays.

And I have more stuff I want to say about Suwako, but I need to do some more reading and god only knows how long it'll take for me to read stuff.  I'll post the rest of the stuff in a bit.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #607 on: September 26, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »
Bleh, sorry for the silence; something horrible happened in IRL.  Never handle relationships with friends as you would handle other people in Mafia, gosh I feel like a douche.

I'm quite convinced by Nietz's roleclaim and not so much of Serp's, since, as Nietz said, no suspicion against Zakeri was telegraphed at all in the whole game.  The alibi of the writeup is interesting (as well as the idea of thinking that it's an alibi), and the reasoning for it seems plausible, but still, there's as much of a reason for scum to target Zak; e.g no suspicion directed at him for most of D2, etc.  So I think the claim only helps him a little.  His post on Suwako does earn points however, but the points against him from D1 still stays.

If you would, Suwako, could you summarize your case against me and pesco again, other than me pushing this supposedly bad case against you?

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2009, 02:49:15 AM »
As I said before, this game is hurting my head.  At this point, I'm getting the feeling that a whole lot of bussing is going on and trying to wrap my head around it is just making my brain itch.  I'm also half-asleep, so hopefully all this makes sense.  It's conspiracy theory time~

Like I said in my last post, there are probably 4 or 5 mafia.  We killed one so far, so there's 3 or 4 left.  I find it unlikely that all of Rou, Affinity, Serp and Suwako are scum, which means that it's very likely that someone was bussing VgT.  I think I can actually see scum!Suwako because of that.

If Suwako is scum

First, the way VgT and Suwako were acting D1 was very similar.  They were both making very  non-commital statements and neither of them were really saying anything and it would be difficult to link them to anyone later in the game becasue of that.  In other words, no matter who was lynched the other would probably get a free pass and they would be very difficult to trace.  I imagine if they were both scum that their buddies would be early on the wagon.  So, if the mafia decided to do this then I imagine that the scum would be relatively early on the wagons and they would be on both of them. 

If Suwako is town

Considering how many townies were on the Suwako wagon I still think that at least one scum was on the VgT wagon.  Again, I doubt that all of Rou, Affinity, Serp and Suwako are scum.  I imagine that the scum would be early on Suwako's wagon and later on VgT's wagon.

---

Honestly, I still see Serp as scum regardless of how Suwako flips, but I think a Suwako lynch would give us more information and I think it's possible that he could be scum as well.  I'm fine with either lynch today, though I would perfer Serp because I still won't be surpised if Suwako flips town.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Serp

« Reply #609 on: September 26, 2009, 03:00:35 AM »
Serp's claim however makes absolutely no sense to me even if he did find Zakeri suspicious.  He had a choice between vigging someone that everyone was clearing due to being alternative wagon to a scum wagon and someone that a couple of people had at least expressed suspicion of.

Well, yes, and even more people have been clearing Kiro, and not expressing any suspicion of him.  Should that have made Kiro an even better vig target?  The point of a vigilante is not to kill people that will never get lynched - it's to kill people who are scum, or failing that, people who the town will probably waste a lynch on regardless of their alignment.  Suwako handled D2 in mostly the way that I'd have expected a townie to.  Zakeri didn't.

As to those suggesting that scum-me picked Zakeri for the night's scum kill, that would require an unclaimed vig or a serial killer out there to hit Kilga.  I could understand a serial killer doing it for whatever reason, but I don't think that anyone would have vigged Kilga, and the lack of a counterclaim should seal that fact.  As for the scum vig theory, all I can use to defend against that is the WIFOM of taking out what I saw as the only plausible alternative to my lynch at the time - which I did anyway, but only because as a townie I figured that it would at least shed some light on the situation.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #610 on: September 26, 2009, 03:13:30 AM »
Quote from: Serp
Well, yes, and even more people have been clearing Kiro, and not expressing any suspicion of him.  Should that have made Kiro an even better vig target?  The point of a vigilante is not to kill people that will never get lynched - it's to kill people who are scum, or failing that, people who the town will probably waste a lynch on regardless of their alignment.  Suwako handled D2 in mostly the way that I'd have expected a townie to.  Zakeri didn't.

Then I'm confused again.  You're voting for Suwako.  If you think that he handled D2 in a way a townie would then why is he scummy now?  You knew Anthony and Angel Milk were town by the time the night started, so you already knew that the last two people on the Suwako wagon were town and the things you pointed out about Suwako in your initial post already existed prior to D3.  What made Zakeri so much worse that you needed his flip before declaring Suwako Scum In Front Of Me?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #611 on: September 26, 2009, 03:30:23 AM »
Wanted to point out one thing that caught my eye.

- Scum are being quite obvious with their killing and voteblocking patterns, taking out the intelligent players (UU, Kilga) and throwing voteblocks on the people they want lynched (Anthony, me).  This rings no bells to anyone?

This is weird when I read it again. You're assuming in that sentence that before Day 3 began, a Scum Voteblocker was going to block you because they wanted you to be the lynch of the Day? But why would you think this way or even expect this to happen? The only one who would actively do that is Serp. And even then, Scum wouldn't necessarily believe your lynch would go all the way through especially if you "look Townie" because you were voteblocked.  Under such a scenario, it's as if you're expecting yourself to be a major target, but your situation is nothing like Anthony's.

You could just concede that your analysis of the voteblocking is wrong, but the fact you use this reason after you get Serp and Rou's vote on you suggests you're flailing a bit. In essence, you seem to make this argument in the hopes that because Anthony was blocked and flipped Town, that the same applies to you in your defense. Personally, I disagree. There is no hard rule that a Scum Voteblocker has to block Townies only. Also, you figuratively hold a vote and it still holds weight. And that vote initially went to Serp. You have any comment to the above?

Not sure how Serp fits into the whole thing though, but it doesn't diminish the chance that he's a Scum collaborator. I'm not completely satisfied with his choice of Zakeri, mainly because if they're both Scum, Serp wouldn't waste a Scum Vig on him, especially if he assumed it wouldn't be tracked. Kind of want Serp's updated opinion on who he thinks a Scum Suwako's buddies would be now that most people have caught up to the events now. It may be unavoidable to lynch both due to the fear they're both Scum, but I would still prefer a Suwako lynch currently who has been non-contributive for most of the game and provided defenses that pretty much read as WIFOM arguments. We may yet get more information on Night 3 to better determine Serp's alignment, but Serp has been far more helpful in discussion than Suwako.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #612 on: September 26, 2009, 03:53:01 AM »
More hijacking :3

Why are you ignoring the possibility that he was scum doing the NK?
Because I'm of the opinion that there was a decent enough case on Zakeri going into Day 3. Scum could have easily planted a mislynch on him, and I can't find any way his premature death would have helped him in the slightest.
SK probably wouldn't have been that keen on hitting Zak either, since again it's another mislynch and therefore there are fewer people in the equation. The only reason I can see someone hitting Zak N2 is genuine suspicion, so I'm more or less giving Serp a clear for now.

and I'm seriously considering having Serpy vig himself for his next shot. Best way to deal with it if we can afford the time...
Okay seriously, what the hell? Besides the fact you're tunneling on me at the point where there really isn't any way for my lynch to happen today, you're asking the potential vig to hit himself?
Surely the logical solution is to use him as best we can. If he's Town, and possibly even if he's SK, we get him to work in our favour and kill people we find suspicious.

If Suwako flips scum, UK is a highly likely buddy to her given the massive tunnel on me this late in the day and conveniently placing Suwako at the bottom of her list of suspicions today. After that, I'd probably be looking at Pesco for third buddy, possibly K4U (Nietz would be here as well but his claim more or less makes him look either Town or a buddy to Scum!Serp, which I find very hard to believe) but that's a good way down the line.

One final comment on the Suwako case: We can clearly see that the player in question thinks that we're all simple-minded and easily fooled. Why is it hard to believe he'd try to prove his own point using a WIFOM along the lines of a double-scum wagon? He has an ego, and he's trying to flaunt it in the most extravagant way possible.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #613 on: September 26, 2009, 05:11:50 AM »
Vote Count: It's D?j? Vu All Over Again
Suwako Moriya (4): Serpentarius, Roukanken, Affinity, Kiro
Nietz (1): pesco

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have 12 hours and 10 minutes remaining.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #614 on: September 26, 2009, 05:18:56 AM »
@Kiro:

I think all things considered, I believe Serp is telling the truth. His actions fit with his words imo.

I'm not completely satisfied with his choice of Zakeri, mainly because if they're both Scum, Serp wouldn't waste a Scum Vig on him,

What prompted this change in attitude, by the way?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #615 on: September 26, 2009, 05:31:36 AM »
Both statements still fit. Just switch the order around for better clarity.

A worst case scenario suggests they're both Scum and to be more efficient, he's not gonna waste a Scum Vig on his buddy. But all things considered, I still believe Serp is telling the truth. That's how I'm prioritizing my lynch choice for today.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #616 on: September 26, 2009, 05:43:40 AM »
##Unvote

Nietz ain't happening and a chance to prove himself has been given. I need to think things over a little bit more before I decide to vote Suwako or not. Assuming that Serp is vig like he says, Suwako can't be SK (under current information) and the argument for Suwako being scum needs to be looked over again.

Serp

« Reply #617 on: September 26, 2009, 06:46:24 AM »
Quote from: Kitten4u
Then I'm confused again.  You're voting for Suwako.  If you think that he handled D2 in a way a townie would then why is he scummy now?  You knew Anthony and Angel Milk were town by the time the night started, so you already knew that the last two people on the Suwako wagon were town and the things you pointed out about Suwako in your initial post already existed prior to D3.  What made Zakeri so much worse that you needed his flip before declaring Suwako Scum In Front Of Me?

At the time, I vigged Zakeri because I was getting some doubts about my dual-scumwagon theory.  If that theory was wrong, then there were probably at least two scum on the Suwako wagon aside from VgameT.  The accusations between Affinity and Rou didn't look like a scum gambit, so one of them had to be town, which meant that Zakeri would be the other scum.

Furthermore, keep in mind that for the whole day, pretty much everyone was saying "Suwako is confirmed town, Serp's case is so bad that he ought to be lynch material right behind Anthony and/or Tenshi."  I may like to consider myself more of a maverick than the average mafia player, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone willing to use his vig on a player who's being so universally defended.  I just doubted my own judgement and didn't want to act unilaterally.

Quote from: Kiro
Kind of want Serp's updated opinion on who he thinks a Scum Suwako's buddies would be now that most people have caught up to the events now.

This is kind of a tall order, since my very first point on Suwako was that his playstyle made it impossible to reliably connect him to any other flipped scum, but we can connect other players' actions to him.  I'm not going to do a full reread now, but the one that stands out to me at the moment is Kitten4u.  For one thing, I disagree with her analysis on what a Suwako scum flip implies about other players' alignments.

I doubt that scum would've planned to run two scumwagons side-by-side from the outset.  Most likely, the wagon on VgameT started without their influence, then the wagon on Suwako started without their influence, and the other two buddies piled onto VgameT to gain towncred for swinging the wagon.  I believe that those late on the VgameT wagon look worst in light of a Suwako scumflip, and Kitten4u claiming otherwise could be an attempt to cover herself and her remaining buddy.

Furthermore, Kitten4u is lining up these lynches in preparation for a Suwako scumflip while claiming that she expects Suwako to flip town.  That's a contradiction in her thought process which looks scummy to me.  Also, I may be treading into OMGUS here, but I don't like the way she's trying to line up me, specifically, after a Suwako scumflip.  I think that a Suwako scumflip should at least make me less-than-scummiest, and furthermore, if Suwako flips scum, then we won't be in LyLo tomorrow, and the town might as well let me live to see N4 and use my ability again, if scum gives it a chance to do so.

That's just my D3 analysis.  I suppose that since Nietz is also late on the VgameT wagon, I should keep in mind the somewhat crackpot theory that he's a scum tracker.  It seems odd for scum to have a tracker in a game where we haven't seen any evidence for even a second role for scum to find with such a role, but I suppose it could just be a small balance adjustment over giving scum a vanilla goon.

As for Suwako's actions themselves as they relate to possible scumbuddies, with all the light suspicion he has out there it's hard to discern between a token bus, an attempted mislynch seed, and a throwaway case, but I do note that scum tend to like to declare a townie and a buddie "equivalent" to muddy the waters after their flip.  The suspected pairs he's most recently put forward could be seen as that.

Anyway, note that I'm probably not going to be online again by the deadline.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #618 on: September 26, 2009, 07:23:33 AM »
I think I'll trust Rou.

<-- Mindhax > Logic

##Vote Suwako

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #619 on: September 26, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
Nothing that changes my opinions has happened over the last few posts.  Am still fine with the Suwako lynch on the account that his thought processes are not made clear all that much.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #620 on: September 26, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »
That's Suwako at L-1. What are the odds of a claim before deadline?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »
Vote Count: The Vengabus Is Coming~
Suwako Moriya (5): Serpentarius, Roukanken, Affinity, Kiro, pesco

Suwako Moriya is at L-1.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have like 5 hours or something left.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »
Unlikely with their posting routine.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #623 on: September 26, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »
2 hours remaining!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #624 on: September 26, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »
1 hour remaining!

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #625 on: September 26, 2009, 04:37:01 PM »
Just got on.

I'm here, and I'm willing to hammer Suwako, but I'd like to see if he can role claim first. Unlikely, but there's nothing to lose by waiting a bit. I still somewhat prefer a Serp lynch, but that isn't going to happen, and a Suwako lynch is still good, and it'll give a lot of info at least.

I'm assuming the deadline is 1 PM EST, so I'll hammer in 20 18 minutes.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #626 on: September 26, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
Almost forgot you were playing.

Any quick thoughts on other the players?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #627 on: September 26, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »
>other the players

Uh, it's sorta hard when I'm going to hammer in 5 minutes as of me writting this post.
UK & Kitten4u: will need to make up for absence today on Day 4, but they really haven't done anything overtly scummy.
Roukan: Suwako's flip will affect what I think of Roukan
Serp: I still think he's scum, although Suwako's flip will go a long way in deciding his alignment.
Nietz: Claim is probably real, but I hope he'll give more opinions later.

And that's all I could write in 5 6 minutes. So yeah.
##Unvote
##Vote: Suwako Moriya Hammer.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #628 on: September 26, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »
I know time was short, that's why I said quick.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #629 on: September 26, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »
Final Day 4 Vote Count: Frog Squash
Suwako Moriya (6): Serpentarius, Roukanken, Affinity, Kiro, pesco, Sodium
Serpentarius (2): Kitten4U, Nietz

---

Suwako Moriya (Vanilla Townie) was snakebit!

Edible is out, so don't expect flavor until he gets back. In the meantime, send night actions to both of us.