Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 80752 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: INVASION! (Game Over) - Kilgamayan Hates You All
« Reply #840 on: October 05, 2009, 10:11:47 PM »
Mafia game finally over?  Can I join the next one?

Signup thread just below.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #841 on: October 05, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »
N1
Kiro targets Anthony (no result)
Pesco targets Zakeri (no result)
Nietz targets Affinity (no result)
Sodium targets u? (dead)
UK targets Anthony (votestopped)

N2
Kiro targets Serpentarius (no result)
Pesco targets Kiro (no result)
Serpentarius targets Zakeri (dead)
Nietz targets Serpentarius (targeted Zakeri)
Sodium targets Kilgamayan (dead)
UK targets Suwako Moriya (votestopped)

N3
Pesco targets Nietz (no result)
Kiro targets Affinity (no result)
Nietz targets UK (no result)
Serpentarius targets Pesco (dead)

N4
Sodium targets Nietz (dead)

N5
Sodium targets K4U (dead)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: INVASION! (Game Over) - I Hate You All
« Reply #842 on: October 05, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
[18:38:17] <Shoukan> oh god no
[18:38:25] <Shoukan> WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO KILGA

Taken out of context, but a very appropriate theme of what transpired in this topic.

This game was utterly miserable and everyone other than the Town MVP (will be named later) that was alive on Day 3 should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. What the hell happened out there? Every single scum was dropping tells left and right and you pursued the most obvious townie in the game? I've already berated Suwako for stupidly encouraging town's pursuit of her but that doesn't dismiss the rest of you from being so God-awfully stupid.

This game was so bad I had actually written out a length ragequit post at the end of Day 3 that took more than half the game to task on a personal level. While I've since calmed down and won't be posting I am still giving consideration to just giving up. I don't know what else to do. I handed you scum on a silver platter and gave you an incredibly obvious townie and you lynched the latter the instant I died. Letting you figure things out by yourselves didn't work. Holding you by the hand and guiding you through the game didn't work. I am out of ideas. This game was worse than EoSD and I have no clue how to rectify it. I'm going to seriously mull over joining the next game because I don't know if it's worth the effort.

Never play like that again.

Fuck.

Town MVP: K4U, because I feel bad giving it to myself and you played a hell of a game. Keep at it, I'm pleasantly surprised with what I've seen of you so far. It's a shame your beacon of common sense was swallowed up by the darkness of retardation.

Scum MVP: Affinity, because no scum played with any quality comparable to "good". Holy fuck what happened to you. You really earned that LYLO mislynch, and I'm hoping you feel the same way because it'll encourage you never to play this badly again. Honorable mentions go to Kiro and Suwako for supremely fucking up Day 3. The three of you make me sadder than anything else, because I hold all of you in very high regard and what I saw transpire on Day 3 was MS-level play.

---

On a related note, I got to watch a pesco/UK/Roukan three-way BDSM cybersex session play out during Day 6 LYLO, which leans me slightly toward playing again just so I can read their posts in this new light.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

Re: INVASION! (Game Over) - I Hate You All
« Reply #843 on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »
On a related note, I got to watch a pesco/UK/Roukan three-way BDSM cybersex session play out during Day 6 LYLO, which leans me slightly toward playing again just so I can read their posts in this new light.

asdfjoasdifjaosdifj what

Nevermind I don't want to know.

Edible

« Reply #844 on: October 05, 2009, 10:19:38 PM »
I will say that the Suwako pursuit was more her fault than the rest of town's.  Situational clears are good, but her play was arguably the worst I've ever seen someone play town here.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #845 on: October 05, 2009, 10:21:10 PM »
Ah well. I got to abuse the swing vote tell. I'm quite happy with that ^-^

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #846 on: October 05, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
Ah well. I got to abuse the swing vote tell. I'm quite happy with that ^-^

Old trick. I used it immediately on the game following its announcement as a tell.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #847 on: October 05, 2009, 10:23:57 PM »
I think the only thing I can say is that I feel like I should be a shoe-in for scum MVP.

/out until I grow a few brain cells.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #848 on: October 05, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
Old trick. I used it immediately on the game following its announcement as a tell.

I don't recall it being remarked about that much though, was it?

Edible

« Reply #849 on: October 05, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »
I think the only thing I can say is that I feel like I should be a shoe-in for scum MVP.

/out until I grow a few brain cells.

You were an early mark for scum distraction, but your actions practically cleared you as town past day 4.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #850 on: October 05, 2009, 10:27:01 PM »
I've already given my opinion on the Suwako case.
and despite my claim town actually decides to lynch Suwako for not being cute enough.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #851 on: October 05, 2009, 10:27:57 PM »
You were an early mark for scum distraction, but your actions practically cleared you as town past day 4.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Heh, well he had a little help. But yeah, your actions did effectively clear you :P.

Also, I'll admit my hating on the Suwa case would have been done by me regardless of my alignment. Seriously, that was terribad.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #852 on: October 05, 2009, 10:28:53 PM »
And the fact I was literally wrong on every single case I tried to follow through on means nothing?

Hell, the way I argued against Sodium made him look better. T_T

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #853 on: October 05, 2009, 10:29:29 PM »
I will say that the Suwako pursuit was more her fault than the rest of town's.  Situational clears are good, but her play was arguably the worst I've ever seen someone play town here.

It is not Suwako's fault that everyone ignored Seprentarius claim that one should ignore flips when scum hunting. There was nothing scummier than that at any point in this game. Period. Serp really should have been lynched Day 2, and I partly blame myself for not pushing harder, but when Day 3 came and both Zakeri and I flipped town that should have been a two hour lynch, three tops.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

« Reply #854 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
Setup was larger than we usually play, so I threw several potential killing roles into the mix - all limited.  Kiro's was the gimmick role that never activated (to my chagrin), Pesco's was the utility role that never activated (to his chagrin), Serp's was the one that required him to play poorly in order to secure votes at the end of the day (to his chagrin).

Votestopper was a very interesting role to see used.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #855 on: October 05, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
I have been told to post this, and I'll probably regret it later when I'm less RAEG. (Also if I don't Pesco's promised to do it anyway, so yeah.)

Roukanken (23:31:56): Hell
Roukanken (23:32:03): I think EVERYONE who fucked up should quit
Roukanken (23:32:06): Serp should quit
Roukanken (23:32:09): VgT should quit
Roukanken (23:32:14): Affinity should quit
Roukanken (23:32:22): Tenshi and Anthony I NEVER WANT TO SEE PLAY MAFIA AGAIN
Roukanken (23:32:38): And I want Suwako to be FROZEN ALIVE AND SHATTERED INTO A MILLION PIECES.

So yeah, right now I sort of want to shoot half of you and then shoot myself. T_T

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #856 on: October 05, 2009, 10:36:06 PM »
Yuyuko's Kitchen had a voteblocker. But you guys just said No Lynch until it went away :(

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #857 on: October 05, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »
Kiro really wasn't a threat this game. He cemented himself as town and then killed a lot of scum, but that was during LYLO, so yeah. Too little too late.

Affinity... uh yeah. You dug a bunch of holes for explosives, then detonated them on yourself at LYLO.

Rou likes digging holes, but never falls into them. =V

Pesco: Sorry about Night Killing you.

Kilga: Sorry about Night Killing you. Only did it because we thought you would be obvtown once Serp died. We were planning for Serp to die Day 3, but...

Suwako that played this game: Uh, avoid pissing off town next time in your message of "short and sweet" posts.

Kitten4u: Best Townie. There's a reason why you were picked over Kiro on Night 5.

Nietz: Sorry bout killing you

Angel Milk: Please don't be inactive.

Anthony: Sorry Bro. You did better then me in my first game, imo. You just need to communicate yourself better.

umu: Sorry, hopefully you'll get past Day 1 next game.

Zak: ...I forgot you were in this game. Sorry. =V

Oh, and Rou, VGT was a really good sacrifice for the scum team. So was Serp, really.

And Seniwac: Thanks for handling Day 1 well.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #858 on: October 05, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
Watched this game from the sidelines, which started turning into basically a spectator sport around the time this game went into full-on Idiot Tennis(TM) mode. I still cannot believe that:
A) Serpentarius was not insta-lynched for his claim that we should ignore information gathered from flips.
B) Suwako was lynched over Serp, and all the decrying over "one piece of circumstantial evidence"...what you are implying is that scum DELIBERATELY tried to get COMPETING SCUM WAGONS on D1 and then have someone play so deliberately badly that they would be lynched? This is nonsense and everyone here knows it. Come on guys, seriously. What the fuck.
C) For that matter, generally all the play here. Tenshi, I never want to see you play mafia ever again. Good fucking christ. The only people I can say played decently (D3 onwards - D1/D2 play was mostly passable minus the Tenshi modkill clusterfuck - Edible, did you really have to decide to make that decision less than 5 hours before deadline? Why? Seriously, why? I want to know why it could not have been done sooner, at a time when Town could possibly have reacted to it, and like, ya know, lynched Serp instead of Anthony) were K4U, and Kiro D5 onwards (your D3/D4 play was some of the shittiest I've ever seen, though, please do not ever repeat that ever again, good christ). Seconding the Scum MVP award to Affinity.

This game read like a trainwreck. At some points, I thought Scum was certain to win because FOR FUCK'S SAKE WHY DID IT TAKE YOU GUYS THAT BLOODY LONG TO LYNCH SERPENTARIUS AFTER ALL OF THE VERY PAINFULLY OBVIOUSLY BULLSHIT HE FED YOU GUYS FOR MOST OF THE GAME SO FAR?!? At other points, it actually seemed as if Scum wanted to throw the game, they were playing almost incomprehensibly badly.

Jesus fuck guys. I never want to see another game played like this, ever again. At the rate some of you were going, shittily-coded probabalistic models of Mafia Play hooked up to a MegaHAL would probably perform better. Or probably even just randomly voting someone every day. Who knows. This game was terrible in every way, shape and form pretty much, and you all should feel bad. Never drop down to this level of play ever again or I will lose whatever respect I had developed from you guys from my 1.5 years playing mafia on this site.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #859 on: October 05, 2009, 10:50:52 PM »
Wow, N1 Kiro kill woulda been horrible. How hilarious.

Nothing about your buddies Sodium?

And seriously, I'm sorry about doing that wall against you Affinity...but I had to roll with the obv scum buddy at that juncture so finding you clean was the best way to encourage it.

Jesus fuck guys. I never want to see another game played like this, ever again. At the rate some of you were going, shittily-coded probabalistic models of Mafia Play hooked up to a MegaHAL would probably perform better. Or probably even just randomly voting someone every day. Who knows. This game was terrible in every way, shape and form pretty much, and you all should feel bad. Never drop down to this level of play ever again or I will lose whatever respect I had developed from you guys from my 1.5 years playing mafia on this site.

You had respect for us?

At any rate, yeah, game was trainwreck. To be fair, I was playing decently til I got terminally bored. Which was QUITE early on. Not really proud of this win, but more proud of it than I could ever be of Bamboo forest.

But not by much. Essentially, this is barely a step above that.

Edible

« Reply #860 on: October 05, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »
Edible, did you really have to decide to make that decision less than 5 hours before deadline? Why? Seriously, why? I want to know why it could not have been done sooner, at a time when Town could possibly have reacted to it, and like, ya know, lynched Serp instead of Anthony

I'm not from a planet where the announcement of a modkill would cause town to magically go after a person with no votes.  I didn't even consider they would go after Serp instead of Anthony, and I haven't the slightest idea how you came to that conclusion.

Finally, the modkill was not meant to benefit town at all and I don't see why you think it should have.

(But to answer your question, it was not done sooner because it was still within the 24 hour replacement window.  I actually cut it a little short to do the modkill.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:57:37 PM by Edible »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #861 on: October 05, 2009, 10:57:43 PM »
I still re-iterate that modkills are punishments. If you hand one out as a punishment measure it must be clear that it's a punishment.

Edible

« Reply #862 on: October 05, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »
I tried to make it as neutral as possible, tbh.  Town doesn't deserve to get punished or rewarded for one person's shitty/absent play; same holds true for scum.  Day-ending modkill would have given scum a free kill since Town would have gone after Anthony the next day.  Non-day-ending modkill would have given Town insight they didn't deserve.  Thus, the day-end modkill compromise.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #863 on: October 05, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »
UK: Nyeh, you know I appreciate you guys letting me bus you guys. Because I really had no real case against any actual town except for Rou(which was destroyed) and Affinity at the end(which was "me too!").

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #864 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03:53 PM »
...Didn't see that coming. ;_;  Looking back we really should have lynched Serp D2 and I'm pretty sad that he was only my second choice.  I'm still not totally dissapointed with how I played though (esspecially since this is only the second game I've completed from beginning to end).  Good job Sodium, I wouldn't have guessed that the last scum was you.

Quote from: Kilga
Town MVP: K4U, because I feel bad giving it to myself and you played a hell of a game. Keep at it, I'm pleasantly surprised with what I've seen of you so far. It's a shame your beacon of common sense was swallowed up by the darkness of retardation.
Quote from: Sodium
Kitten4u: Best Townie. There's a reason why you were picked over Kiro on Night 5.

But this makes me feel awesome.  Thanks guys. <3

I don't think I'll play in the next game due to time constraints.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #865 on: October 05, 2009, 11:11:18 PM »
Oh yeah, why the hell didn't anyone find me suspicious for being on EVERY SINGLE SCUM WAGON? Kiro, Rou, and Affinity all were on at least 1 mislynch, which is more townie like then me of all people to correctly vote every scum. My switch to UK was horribad too, as I didn't even project any hints to actually voting UK, except saying that "tunneling is BAD. Rou's obvscum btw". My vote for Serp consisted of "lolobvscum for what other people said". What happened to good old fashioned, looking at reasons for votes?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #866 on: October 05, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »
I've asked for IP to be given to both of you. K4U for her good play and Sodium for his improvement over the recent games. The higher ups disagree though :/.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #867 on: October 05, 2009, 11:14:58 PM »
Oh yeah, why the hell didn't anyone find me suspicious for being on EVERY SINGLE SCUM WAGON? Kiro, Rou, and Affinity all were on at least 1 mislynch, which is more townie like then me of all people to correctly vote every scum. My switch to UK was horribad too, as I didn't even project any hints to actually voting UK, except saying that "tunneling is BAD. Rou's obvscum btw". My vote for Serp consisted of "lolobvscum for what other people said". What happened to good old fashioned, looking at reasons for votes?

I call it SPOTS, or Smallest Pile Of Trash Syndrome.

I've asked for IP to be given to both of you. K4U for her good play and Sodium for his improvement over the recent games. The higher ups disagree though :/.

I'm fine with K4U getting one.

Sodium's not getting one for the same reason you don't treat the lone student to score a 30 on a test to ice cream when everyone else scored a 15.

« Reply #868 on: October 05, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »
Things I noticed this game -

-Being a bunch of Rocks is more fun than I thought.
-I'm never taking Mafia advice from a frog ever again.
-I'm glad I died night 2, because I doubt I really could play for my alignment in this game. Suwako Deserved to get Lynched for his play, even though he had a solid confirmed townie position.
-This also makes this the second game I attacked Serpentarius for something he did that was legitimately and obviously Pro-Mafia intentioned and got ignored for a shittier case.
-It's really nice how there's only one single endgame comment directed towards me, and it's that "I forgot you were playing" :<
-It really wasn't nice that people actually bought me as a legitimate Vig target for a while
-I always thought it was incredibly cute how day after day, Roukanken's first post almost always included "Well, shoot. I was in the middle of making a case on <NK Target>."

Not much else I can remember. This game was good for laughs, but boring and disappointing otherwise.

Edible

« Reply #869 on: October 05, 2009, 11:27:22 PM »
@Zak: You were vigged because Serp's role required someone to have a vote on him at the end of the day.

This game is all the proof I need that 16-player games are bad news around these parts.

Any comments/criticisms re: game balance I should be aware of?