Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 79596 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: INVASION! (Day 1) - Suspicion~
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »
Vote Count
VGameT (1) - Kiro
Pesco (3) - Roukanken, Suwako Moriya, Zakeri
Anthony (4) - Eliphas, Kilgamayan, Roukanken, Pesco
Zakeri (1) - VGameT
Suwako Moriya (1) - Nietz

Rou (and everyone else), please be sure to Double Octothorpe? every time you vote or unvote.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2009, 09:56:46 PM »
didn't this exact same situation happen in an old game?  except you were on the other side.  also I think you were the godfather, so maybe you're on to something.

This needs to be explained fully. All the games available are linked, so provide us with one.

Which is why I'm unvoting you. This reeks of noob mistake

##Unvote

Edible is still scum, so ##Vote:Edible?

Why park the vote on a non-entity?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »
I demand my vote for Edible!! count

##Unvote, Vote Edible!!

Why park the vote on a non-entity?

No secondary suspect. But I won't vote someone if I think they are town. And yes, that was a snap change but the situation was such that my analysis pointed towards noobtown.

I realize RVS is over but it happened a bit too quickly. I don't fault the people currently on Anthony, so yeah.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »
I have no idea which game you're talking about, and wording it like that I'm not even sure if you're attacking me or not. :/

you don't remember?  it seemed really similar to me.  it was something like, you voted for some guy for a joke reason, then unvoted when people got mad at you for joke voting, then everyone jumped on you for being wishy-washy or something.  I thought it was really dumb at the time but then you got lynched and flipped godfather.  I just thought it was funny how the tables had apparently turned.

re: mistakes; to me the mistake would be voting pesco in the first place, so I guess I'll just ask.  Anthony, why'd you vote pesco?

oh god stop posting why are you all posting at the same time

Quote from: Pescso
This needs to be explained fully. All the games available are linked, so provide us with one.

oh whoops I forgot I was playing with Meta Pesco(tm).  next time I'll remember not to make vague references to old games because people will think I'm making an actual point instead of a joke.  I'm pretty sure it was on the old forums; I don't remember how to get to the archive, but if you link me I can find the game to humor you.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2009, 10:04:46 PM »
No secondary suspect. But I won't vote someone if I think they are town. And yes, that was a snap change but the situation was such that my analysis pointed towards noobtown.

Do you think VgT is town at this point?

The archive is the topic 3 down from this one. It happens to be stickied and called the MotK Mafia Archive.

Your post sounds pretty waffly to me.

FoS VgT

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »

The archive is the topic 3 down from this one. It happens to be stickied and called the MotK Mafia Archive.

FoS VgT
I'm getting a very deja vu feeling from this post. T_T

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »
Elaborate for us Rou.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2009, 10:09:29 PM »

FoS VgT

I'll concede I'm apparently too stupid to look for obvious sticky topics, but there aren't any links to games from the old forums in that thread, so it doesn't really help.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2009, 10:10:45 PM »
Elaborate for us Rou.
I dunno, I just vaguely remember seeing a post saying almost exactly the same in a previous game. Probably just paranoia. >_>

Want to see some of the other players in this game - come on, there are 18 of us - commenting sometime soon.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »

FoS VgT

I have no reason to believe he's scum. Whether he's town or not depends on future behavior. The parallel he's drawing is a null tell atm.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2009, 10:15:12 PM »
##Vote: Roukanken (L-8)

Everything from him up to this point bothers me.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2009, 10:15:48 PM »
##Vote: Roukanken (L-8)

Everything from him up to this point bothers me.

Umu...Umu, can we get the condescending full explanation that Kilga occasionally offers?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »
The only game that fits the bill of Rou having been anything close to GF, is Western Community Mafia. I was co-mod, therefore you are talking poeskak.

Elaborate for us Rou.
I dunno, I just vaguely remember seeing a post saying almost exactly the same in a previous game. Probably just paranoia. >_>

That's mighty convenient. No objections to Umu's vote.

I have no reason to believe he's scum. Whether he's town or not depends on future behavior. The parallel he's drawing is a null tell atm.

I asked if you thought he was town. Not if you thought he was scum. You don't vote for people you think are town, and your answer does not make him town according to how I've interpreted it.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 10:22:30 PM »
I asked if you thought he was town. Not if you thought he was scum. You don't vote for people you think are town, and your answer does not make him town according to how I've interpreted it.

Fair point. But can you tell me why I should be voting him over anyone else? I'll be back in an hour.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »
EBWOP: 2 hours.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 10:23:58 PM »
What am I meant to say? In particular the 'Do you think VGT is town at this point?' seemed to refresh a memory, and I thought it was intended as a joke so I brought it up.

Also, Pesco, stop feeding Umu reasons for voting me before he gives them himself. >_>

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 10:26:28 PM »

Fair point. But can you tell me why I should be voting him over anyone else? I'll be back in an hour.

He's leaning scummy for me, I've FoS'd him since I can't vote a second person.

You're parking your vote on air, and that equals buggerall scumhunting.

What am I meant to say? In particular the 'Do you think VGT is town at this point?' seemed to refresh a memory, and I thought it was intended as a joke so I brought it up.

Also, Pesco, stop feeding Umu reasons for voting me before he gives them himself. >_>

Why did you think I was joking at all? I gave no reasons to Umu except that I agree with what she's doing.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »
The only game that fits the bill of Rou having been anything close to GF, is Western Community Mafia. I was co-mod, therefore you are talking poeskak.

yeah, I think that was it.  you don't remember?  it was the same game where I spent most of my time going after the wrong people and then I got modkilled for inactivity during lylo.  actually that's kind of embarassing.  why the hell did I bring this up?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
Why did you think I was joking at all?
Because I was convinced that this had come up word for word in a previous game, and it didn't sound like the sort of thing you'd do by accident.

[quoe]I gave no reasons to Umu except that I agree with what she's doing.
[/quote]
That's mighty convenient.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »
EBWOP: Tag mistake again.

Also, Umu, while you're attacking me is it too much to ask for an opinion on Anthony?

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
Not seeing why Pesco leans scummy on VgT. Are you seriously leaning scum because he made a mistake in a intended joke about a previous game?

Agree with Rou and UK that umu needs to provide reasons.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »
What difference does it make if I use the same stock questions from every game? I always thought Rou didn't use meta for logic.

yeah, I think that was it.  you don't remember?  it was the same game where I spent most of my time going after the wrong people and then I got modkilled for inactivity during lylo.  actually that's kind of embarassing.  why the hell did I bring this up?

This is starting to get sidetracked. You brought up an observation from an old game, I want to know why you thought it was relevant here and now.

Not seeing why Pesco leans scummy on VgT. Are you seriously leaning scum because he made a mistake in a intended joke about a previous game?

When you make a statement that you don't back up, it's scummy. Talking about old games means there's empirical evidence. I want him to show us that.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »
I always thought Rou didn't use meta for logic.
It wasn't even meant as a case of any sort, I meant it jokingly. It was a point I brought up out of curiosity, since I wasn't expecting genuine conversation to get anywhere until a few more people turned up, and now it seems to have been blown out of proportion. >_>

Agree with Rou and UK that umu needs to provide reasons.
Reasons for what? I'm still not quite sure what I'm being attacked for, and Umu's blanket answer of 'everything so far' isn't helping.

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:46 PM »
First of all I'm sure everyone knows how I act submissive, second, no one wants everyone to gang up on them, I'm just trying to apply basic common sense

First point doesn't matter.

Second point we have two issues with.
1. Bandwagoning is in it's very nature "Ganging up on somebody." Adding a vote to gang up on somebody, and then subtracting your vote because you don't want to be ganged up upon is hypocritical.
2. In generaly, Scum have more to lose than Townies do when one of them is lynched. It's always a bad idea to back off when pushed, because it looks like you're worried about saving your ass.
Surprise 3. Common newbie scum mistake is getting into the mindset that you can lynch either your friends or people you know to be town. Townies however can only vote for enemies because they don't know for certain anyone's alignment. Therefore, Townies are much more likely to get into the mindset that they are right, as oppose to scum who think they always have to be wrong. Pulling out of the Pesco bandwagon like that makes it seem like you think you're wrong.

Which is why I'm unvoting you. This reeks of noob mistake
We do not like how you can easily ignore this situation.

Edible is still scum, so ##Vote:Edible?
Nor do we like how you ignore it to make another jokevote.

It's like how I decided KGH was probably noobtown last game.
How did you decide KGH was probably town last game? Besides guessing. In fact, if I remember correctly, you had to be told to reread him before you found him town (Or was that someone else?).

I have no reason to believe he's scum.
You have no reason to believe he's town. Although you've said that in the same sentence. We do not blame you for not voting him, as the main issue is that you ignore a current discussion topic and then choose not to bring anything else up. You are choosing to provide nothing.

##Unvote, ##Vote: UncertainKitten For these reasons.

VgameT looks like he is fooling around as well. His point may well be a good one, but we do not enjoy watching him backtrack on the subject by calling it a joke. We have low tolerance for jokes that do not make people laugh on instinct, as it could then be called into question if you did mean it as a joke.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »
I expect we'll be on page 7 or 8 by the time I wake up.

Anthony better get posting.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2009, 10:57:57 PM »
Rou:
And with that, I'm pretty sure we've just stepped out of RVS.
No need to justify your vote with this or pronounce an RVS.  (This is usually the part where I accuse Serpentarius of something, but I'll do that later.)
Okay this is the worst defense I've ever seen, I'm going to just walk past and act like it didn't happen. >_>
This response seems to implicitly suggest you know Anthony is Town (otherwise you would give a response like :ransmirk: ).
You certainly seemed to think it was fine to gang up on Pesco. Third on the wagon as well. >_>
I dislike how this was tacked onto your reason for attacking Anthony.

In other words, your attacks on Anthony were half-hearted or overly built up and it came across to me like you felt like you were giving someone undeserved heck.

The rest of the posts up until my vote were not noticeably pro-Town.

-----

Also, Umu, while you're attacking me is it too much to ask for an opinion on Anthony?
Kind of apathetic.  His defense was poor, but that's to be expected from a newb.  Will evaluate further as more information comes in.

I'm not really seeing VgameT as scum ATM.

I don't disagree with Zakeri's vote on UK (who was my second pick after Rou).

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2009, 11:01:11 PM »
This is starting to get sidetracked. You brought up an observation from an old game, I want to know why you thought it was relevant here and now.

I thought it was funny.  obviously the joke missed the mark because nobody remembers what I'm talking about.  I wasn't actually trying to make a point about anyone's alignment or whatever.  what a careless blunder I've made.

Zakeri: I see.  I didn't know sm.org mafia was such a stately affair.  in the future I'll refrain from making such innapropriate jokes.  I guess this is a good time to remove my joke vote on you as well.  ##unvote.

I've pretty much only been responding to pesco, huh.  I'mma go reread what's been happening outside of my own little conflict and see if I can't make a more useful post.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2009, 11:09:49 PM »
Ok now, all I got is that I was acting like an idiot, well it's time to change that now.

I honestly first made my vote just based on an idiot idea, and I took it back thinking it would help, but then apperently that's a beginner screw up, either way I made it, and I can't take it back, I can't see anything that'll help me prove my innocence, so I'll wait, and that's all I got.

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2009, 11:18:05 PM »
I thought it was funny.  obviously the joke missed the mark because nobody remembers what I'm talking about.  I wasn't actually trying to make a point about anyone's alignment or whatever.  what a careless blunder I've made.
We do not discourage humor. We just do not feel that it was humorous.

As you may notice, we have started the game by punishing those who seem to be attempting to hold back discussion.  You did not realize, but with your comment you actually were making a comment on Anthony's Alignment (That he was godfather based on Rou's experience in a previous game). We felt you were attempting to provide this opinion, and deny that it came from you in the event that it would help lynch Anthony, but not be drawn back towards you.

We see you have decided to search for discussion points, and will ease up on you for now.

and that's all I got.
Oh boy :/ And here we have, irrefutable proof that this is your first game.

We would like to provide you with another tip: Please try to find things, something, anything, from other people that seems like something scum is likely to do. The general idea is that we punish you much, much severely for not doing work, than doing work and being wrong. The fact that you do not attempt to bring up reason on someone else is again a scumtell because, as it leads back to the mindset difference between scum and town that We detailed in my last post, the fact that you did not try means you believe you either have to always be wrong or you do not want to be right.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2009, 11:27:21 PM »
No need to justify your vote with this or pronounce an RVS.  (This is usually the part where I accuse Serpentarius of something, but I'll do that later.)
I felt it was the first action in the game worth commenting on, and I would have preferred people to notice it rather than continue to make joke posts. What's wrong with that?

This response seems to implicitly suggest you know Anthony is Town (otherwise you would give a response like :ransmirk: ).
It was a matter of 'this defense is so bad there's no point talking about it because there's no way it could be seen as logical'. He was using his whole submissive thing as an excuse for what is basically scummy play.

I dislike how this was tacked onto your reason for attacking Anthony.
Would you have rather I hadn't brought it up? I was tempted to start a case on him the instant he showed up as third on the wagon but decided it wasn't quite enough. Then he retracted his vote under pressure, which convinced me it was worth pressing him.

[quoet]In other words, your attacks on Anthony were half-hearted or overly built up and it came across to me like you felt like you were giving someone undeserved heck.[/quote]
Welcome to Day 1, where we press one person on a small point in the hope of generating discussion.