Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 79001 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Communication Breakdance (Day 3, Enjoy~)
« Reply #660 on: September 07, 2009, 01:12:24 AM »
Regardless, I still don't approve of how Edible simply gave himself up without a fight. He made pretty much no attempt to defend himself, which is not only anti-Townie it's also very much not like Edible IMO. I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #661 on: September 07, 2009, 01:27:05 AM »
Quote from: Kiro
For those of you still on Edible's wagon, you tell me why Edible is more worthy of being lynched than Alice.

What it came down to for me was Edible's gambit.  They both had similar issues, but I really dislike the gambit.  I had a better reply to this, but since the deadline's getting close (~2.5 hours if I'm not mistaken) and since I also think Alice would be a good lynch I'll hammer.

##Unvote
##Vote Alice Margatroid
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #662 on: September 07, 2009, 01:34:51 AM »
Hopefully that's game.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #663 on: September 07, 2009, 02:28:33 AM »
For those of you still on Edible's wagon, you tell me why Edible is more worthy of being lynched than Alice.

See my previous wall on him. AMo is always useless, until he isn't

Hopefully that's game.

I think you know better.

But, yeah, guess I don't have to say much at all now.

« Reply #664 on: September 07, 2009, 02:48:12 AM »
The "The Final Countdown
Spoiler:
Psyche!
" votecount[/size]

Kitten4u: Kilgamayan, Alice Margatroid, Kiro, Roukanken (L-5)
Edible?: Kitten4U, UncertainKitten, Roukanken, Pesco, Kilgamayan (L-3)
Roukanken: UncertainKitten (L-6)
Khorneish Game Hen: Serpentarius (L-6)
Alice Margatroid: Kiro, Kilgamayan, Edible?, Khorneish Game Hen, Serpentarius, Kitten4U (Hammer)

Alice Margatroid Was Lynched. He was Kanako Yasaka, Shrine Goddess of the Lake and Sky, a Vanilla Townie

Kitten4U was the victim of an unfortunate accident. She was Gengetu, Illusory Moon, Who was Posing as Yuka Kazami. This didn't stop her from being a Vanilla Townie

As Cherry Petals
Float long, long, into the night.
So do your Actions.

« Reply #665 on: September 07, 2009, 05:20:16 AM »
For a While, people were talking. Then, all of a sudden, nothing happened. Finally, after a while of that, people began talking and slowly the conversation moved towards getting rid of Alice Margatroid.

"So, Suwako! Err, I mean, Alice! Just who exactly are you?"
"I am the most powerful Goddess in Gensokyo."
Kiro Cleared his throat.
"Oh be quiet."

Alice threw off her disguise to reveal She is Suwako Moriya.

"Oh that's right. I forgot I was still wearing this."

Suwako threw off her disguise to reveal She is Kanako Yasaka.

"I came down offering my help in the situation, but it seems my services are no longer needed."
"You never actually provided Services."
"I said be quiet! I'm returning to the Shrine. If you See Sanae, tell her to come home this instant."

And with that, She left.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, a torn page from a book blows in the wind into Kitten4U's leg. She grasped the page in her hand and read to herself the words on the page. A Smile shown on her lips.

"Aha! This is the cure I've been searching for!"
"Cure? Are you sick Yuka?"

Kitten4U tore off her disguise revealing that she was not the presumed Yuka, but rather some girl that's never visited Gensokyo before. She identified herself as Gengetu.

"Sorry everyone. I was mainly helping the cause behind this meeting because I was reading through Yuka's Mail and thought it would be interesting. But this ... "Haiku" It's called. I think I've finally found purpose in my life besides wondering around from one thing to the next. I apologize, but I must go!"

She dashes off, to be seen again like she was seen before - never.

« Reply #666 on: September 08, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »
It seemed like a peaceful day. Everyone woke up and calmly walked out into the meeting room. Tea was prepared, and everyone took a cup.

"So, it looks as if everyone made it back from the night."

Everyone except Serpentarius nodded.

"In that case, once we finish our morning tea, let's resume our discussion on who we should remove next."

"By the way... did anyone else notice Serpentarius doesn't have a head?"

Serpentarius raised the tea and poured it carefully into his esophagus.

Serpentarius was the victim of last night's kill. He was  Kaguya Houraisan, Lunatic Princess of the Moon. Questioning revealed that on occasion, she would ask to switch beds with someone, likely causing the mafia to accidentally kill her instead of the person she switched beds with. Normally a triviality for an immortal like herself. Thus, effectively she was the Town Doctor.

It is now day 4. Please enjoy the day, as it will end Sept. 11th, 12:00 p.m. Noon, EST.

UncertainJakutten

Re: Communication Breakdance (Day 4)
« Reply #667 on: September 08, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
Wellp, hope you all are happy

##Vote Edible

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #668 on: September 08, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
Oh...by the way, don't clear Rou. Would it be an AWESOME scum power for forgo your kill and instead just be all "yeah ,die next phase"? Screw with people's conceptions of lylo a bit...or maybe clear someone who is likely to be lynched, ne?

Basically, only person I'm clearing is KGH for prior scum interactions with him.

Was it confirmed whether anyone knew they got targetted for a kill or not?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #669 on: September 08, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »
Damnit, Serp, why didn't you protect yourself? You had to know your death was the Mafia's only chance of not losing by attrition.

Okay. ScumRoukan can be all but ruled out. WackyDelayedKillSKRoukan is theoretically possible but very unlikely given how he has played (most notably the lack of a Day 2 kill and his voting Edible over Sodium on that same day). I am willing to call TownRoukan at this juncture.

Kiro and UK aren't worth pursuing. Edible has the Sword of Damocles hanging over his head, so he isn't worth pursuing either.

pesco is my outside shot at scum. He's made some good posts, but like I mentioned earlier, he's also had a couple bouts of me-too-ism, and he was sitting on Seniwac at the end of Day 2. I don't really think he's scum, but he's the least town of everyone still alive that isn't Edible or the last person I have to talk about.

I would much rather ##Vote: Seniwac at this juncture, however, because there exists a good case against him even considering the way Days 1 and 2 played out, and if he survives to LYLO he's going to be a monumental distraction that we can't afford.

Cut by UK, who makes a pretty bold claim on what might have transpired. I suppose it's possible, but...that seems very far out. Why not let Edible go to the end of the day to see if Roukan's power kicks in and kills him? Under your suggestion, Serp's death would mean that Edible won't die, and if that transpires we can turn around and lynch Roukan tomorrow. Even toying with the idea of a Roukan/Edible scum team, they wouldn't have enough time to escape a steamroll on Days 5 and 6.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #670 on: September 08, 2009, 04:33:38 PM »
Cut by UK, who makes a pretty bold claim on what might have transpired. I suppose it's possible, but...that seems very far out. Why not let Edible go to the end of the day to see if Roukan's power kicks in and kills him? Under your suggestion, Serp's death would mean that Edible won't die, and if that transpires we can turn around and lynch Roukan tomorrow. Even toying with the idea of a Roukan/Edible scum team, they wouldn't have enough time to escape a steamroll on Days 5 and 6.

I like this idea. With Serp killed, the delayed kill mechanism, as I described it can't happen...

I'm on board. But I'm not voting Seniwac. Which leads me to have to reread you, Kiro, and pesco at some point in this game day. Probably not today as I'll probably be going out.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2009, 04:38:14 PM »
I don't think you'll need to re-read Kiro, given Serp's flip and claim that he protected Kiro Night 2. The only way Kiro would be scum is if your delayed kill scenario was true and Roukan/Kiro was the remaining scum team (and I still sincerely doubt 9/4 is the case, especially with a flipped janitor and this proposed wacky delayed kill mechanism).

Obviously, if it comes down to it, I will vote pesco to save myself. I don't mind doing this anyway for reasons detailed in my previous post.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #672 on: September 08, 2009, 04:46:56 PM »
I don't think you'll need to re-read Kiro, given Serp's flip and claim that he protected Kiro Night 2. The only way Kiro would be scum is if your delayed kill scenario was true and Roukan/Kiro was the remaining scum team (and I still sincerely doubt 9/4 is the case, especially with a flipped janitor and this proposed wacky delayed kill mechanism).

Obviously, if it comes down to it, I will vote pesco to save myself. I don't mind doing this anyway for reasons detailed in my previous post.

I actually forgot the protection thing. Good point. Saves me time anyway. So you and pesco get reread and I'd choose my vote targets out of that...interesting.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #673 on: September 08, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
I would believe Rou has shot Edible. Better to let him come and claim it.

Going steamroll it's ##Vote Seniwac.

I'm not particularly sold on clearing Seniwac based on the interactions. If a buddy has been acting obvscum to the extent that they're almost a guaranteed lynch, then there's little need to hold back on the bussing.

UK's use of this reasoning for a clear is weak to me considering her own play as scum. Your strat is to be oblivious of the team. If this is what Seniwac has been doing, voting pattern is not sufficient to clear him with.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2009, 05:01:13 PM »
Just stating that I've seen the Night flip. Without doing a reread yet, I'm not seeing that much of a problem with the KGH train although I'd rather not vote anyone till I get that reread in.

I've gone over Pesco and Kilga a bit before, but off the top of my head for UK, she did vote both Zengar and Sodium, but she was not one of the first ones in either case. May need to doublecheck her a little more. If it's not KGH or Edible by the time we see Day 5, it's gonna get rather tricky.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #675 on: September 08, 2009, 05:55:07 PM »
UK's use of this reasoning for a clear is weak to me considering her own play as scum. Your strat is to be oblivious of the team. If this is what Seniwac has been doing, voting pattern is not sufficient to clear him with.

He was playing with Sodium, and Zengar (a newb). Honestly, I think KGH was just a godsend to them. I'm not sure if they'd pick up the bus as early as they did in this case.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #676 on: September 08, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
I assume I'm toast, via Roukanken assassination.

It's really really hard to swallow a townie with unlimited vig capabilities.  I can't see a scenario in which Rou is town - the only real question is if he's a SK/scum (in which case we need to lynch him) or a survivor (in which case we don't).

Flavor-wise, his power seems more Sakuya than Remilia, if you catch my drift.  I'll try to roll a reread of him later when I'm at work.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #677 on: September 08, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
Flavor-wise Remilia could simply fate her opponents to die, so.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #678 on: September 08, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »
Flavor-wise Remilia could simply fate her opponents to die, so.

So can I

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #679 on: September 08, 2009, 06:07:38 PM »
Also I'll be leaving for work soon so don't bum-rush Seniwac while I'm gone. A night-time action plan needs to be in place before we decide on a lynch (unless it's Roukan I guess) and I want to make sure I get in on that.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #680 on: September 08, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »
Just say so now if you want in.

Also cutting Rou's post ;D

« Reply #681 on: September 08, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »
The "First Votecount of the day" Votecount.

Edible?: Uncertain Kitten (L-3)
Khorneish Game Hen: Kilgamayan, Pesco (L-2)

Be careful. With Seven people left, you only need 4 votes.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #682 on: September 08, 2009, 06:19:30 PM »
Edible: Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Oh...by the way, don't clear Rou. Would it be an AWESOME scum power for forgo your kill and instead just be all "yeah ,die next phase"? Screw with people's conceptions of lylo a bit...or maybe clear someone who is likely to be lynched, ne?
...You realise that if I had a role like that, hitting Serp and therefore not vigging Edible would be suicidal, right? Especially since Lylo hasn't been declared.

Don't like how UK's starting the day by voting Edible when it's already been pretty much set out that I vigged him last night. Think I'll give her a reread when I get the time, but life just threw me a MASSIVE screwball so I'm sort of out of it right now. -_-

For now, I'll admit that Seniwac is basically a walking WIFOM. The fact he seems to be making an express effort to say as little as possible now doesn't help him. I'd vote him, but it's a little early in the day to put someone at L-1.

Also. Given that we have 7 people left and no Lylo's been declared despite my vig shot, there's probably only one scum left.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #683 on: September 08, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »
...You realise that if I had a role like that, hitting Serp and therefore not vigging Edible would be suicidal, right? Especially since Lylo hasn't been declared.

I'm not going to spell out anything I don't have to.

I'm just not clearing you. This is an outside possibility.

Don't like how UK's starting the day by voting Edible when it's already been pretty much set out that I vigged him last night. Think I'll give her a reread when I get the time, but life just threw me a MASSIVE screwball so I'm sort of out of it right now. -_-

Why win later when we can win now?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #684 on: September 08, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »
Rou's shot only happens after the lynch. We'd still have to get there and clearing up more doubts is better than putting all our eggs in one basket.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #685 on: September 08, 2009, 06:53:15 PM »
Rou's shot only happens after the lynch. We'd still have to get there and clearing up more doubts is better than putting all our eggs in one basket.

That's fair. I was just putting out my initial justification. Turns out I have time for that reread sometime eventually today if I feel like it.

But yeah, Edible becomes sub optimal as a lynch when I follow my current thoughts.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #686 on: September 09, 2009, 12:37:33 AM »
So are we waiting on re-reads at this point? >_>

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #687 on: September 09, 2009, 12:39:31 AM »
So are we waiting on re-reads at this point? >_>

I really hope not. I hate doing them and I'm kinda out of it today -_-

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #688 on: September 09, 2009, 12:42:32 AM »
Question for Rou: What happens if a Doc protects your target? Would it still go off as a no-kill when voting time comes?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #689 on: September 09, 2009, 04:49:24 AM »
So, my emphasis on the reread was: is KGH scummy enough to be lynched despite the fact Scum Sodium would thus have been trying to bus him since early Day 1. And to a lesser extent, another review of whether anyone else showing signs of bussing Zengar or Sodium or pushing any of the currently known Townies to mislynch in a bad way.

---

Sodium #90, questions why KGH would roleclaim but votes UK for "ignoring it." UK asks Sodium whether he finds KGH less scummy than UK and Sodium in #96 says he'd "put them equal, but voted UK because KGH has votes on him already." In the very beginning of the game, this is the most likely time where scum may choose to avoid putting pressure on one of their own so I do think it stands out now.

After KGH says he intended to end RVS intentionally with the roleclaim, UK, Suwako (confirmed Town), K4U (confirmed Town) and Sodium (confirmed Scum) all vote for him. Man... that makes this interesting, but at this point, Sodium could have gone into bus mode. Also in #144, he mentions Zengar who waffled on KGH and didn't provide anything else about KGH except perhaps wondering why KGH didn't bother to talk about much else (#123). Sodium in #150 is going to give Zengar a little bit of newbie leniency, but is not going to extend that to KGH. In other words, Sodium is pretty much avoiding Zengar and going head on against KGH. Interesting dynamic if all 3 are Scum and a somewhat reasonable survival strategy for Sodium at that point. He might have gotten foiled because the Zengar wagon gained momentum and with his late switch (which I have now determined as bad judgement more than trying to gain Town cred), his actions contradicted themselves setting him up for the fall in Day 2. Sodium also kinda starts pushing Edible midway through the Day and KGH does as well so there's a possible link of trying to get a mislynch going although it's pretty weak and clumsy. The obvious and somewhat simpler counter to this is that KGH is a Townie set to be mislynched.

Another interesting thing is that KGH and Sodium start attacking each other reasonably early. For instance, KGH brings up a decent point in #200 about Sodium's vote on him. At this point, I don't think it changes for the rest of the game. Yet KGH is kinda clinging to an early case on UK and decides to eventually prod pursue Edible over either Sodium or Zengar and had plenty of chances to vote either of them. I am amused though that despite his voting UK and conversation with her, KGH's #206 gives UK the impetus to eventually switch to Zengar. Could be scumbuddies playing off each other, but that would require 4 Scum. I also think K4U summed it up in a funny way in #284:

*headdesk* Your questions on UK were basically the only pro-town thing I think you've done all game and you don't even think she's scum?  Gah.

---

In regards to UK: She's all against KGH early before going Zengar. If UK was solo Scum, she eventually would have chosen to forgo a mislynch on KGH to bussing Zengar when either could have been lynched. Pretty gutsy there if so. But from Town UK's point of view, she does gloss over Zengar's waffling for most of early Day 1 so it fits to some extent that she didn't consider him a top priority until she did her midday rereads and almost immediately voted Zengar. In her #188 before her rereads, she has KGH as scummy, Zengar as waffles, and doesn't mention Sodium (is a little surprised at my point on Sodium when she rereads me). Looks mostly like her focus at the time, but that's fair due to the eventual Zengar vote.

Zengar in #210 says "Hen is cleaner now." Interesting.

Edible: Any further opinion on whether UK is Scum by gut as you mentioned in #223. Should get your opinions in before you most likely eat it today.

---

Conclusion: Reading KGH through the confirmed Scum does show possibilities he was bussed by Sodium and ignored by Zengar as an overall Scum strategy. As for KGH himself, he is way too hard to read because any votes he has made have been useless or in strict self-defense (Sodium in Day 2). No cases still. I'm ok to his being lynched today and he definitely would be too risky to leave alive during LYLO. The onus is on him to present a more compelling case on someone else because he has not done that once this game which is terrible, especially because he could be Scum himself. Furthermore, a lot of Pesco's and Kilga's actions (see below) make more sense if KGH is actually scum.

---

If it seriously comes down to Rou/Pesco/Kilga/UK, it's gonna be a gut vote. Amusingly enough, let's assume we're in LYLO tomorrow with 4 of us alive. Pesco/Kilga/UK will be alive, either Rou or I will likely have been killed. Rou though, will get one shot off and we lynch one. That leaves 2 alive at the end of the Day and the game will end one way or another. Which means Scum would win if the one or two that die are both Town. Rou pretty much has to pick between Pesco/Kilga/UK/Kiro tonight and I wonder if he should publicize who it is before today ends so that Town knows who not to lynch tomorrow and let the shot off them. I am obviously partial to myself not being shot, but I think there is good outside evidence and some voting history that justifies me not being shot. I really do think UK is most Townie at this juncture in a 3 Scum setup, but all bets are off if we see Scum die and the game doesn't end.

So either Pesco or Kilga gets shot and the other is lynched Day 5. If KGH flips Town, then Pesco made the most blatant effort to get him mislynched in Day 2 when I switched to KGH and Pesco followed me and stayed on him. The reason kinda sucks too. Problem is that it's so blatantly bad that I can't see ScumPesco using it as a long term survival plan, especially when he was coasting along and got on Sodium early in Day 2. Kilga for what it's worth though, did the same thing on both days, but his reasons were better in both scenarios than Pesco's one time in Day 2. Also looks bad if KGH flips Town. It's more subtle in Kilga's case and subtlety is how Kilga would play as Scum making him far more dangerous. In this worst case scenario, head says Pesco, heart says Kilga. Tough call, but I still would choose Kilga because his action "fits" more with Scum making it to the endgame alive.

The whole worry though is that if the last Scum is bulletproof (no sign of a roleblocker on Serp or Rou or a Cop/Godmother in this setup) and we only shoot one and ignore lynching him/her in LYLO, we shot ourselves in the foot literally. So I don't think we can use the vig as a crutch. What I suggest as an alternative to the above, is to have Rou shoot who he thinks is most likely to be Scum AND we try to lynch who is most likely to be Scum on Day 5. If we overkill on one person, so be it, that means he/she was looked over twice and we can't fault our using the vig role as a reason Town loses if we fail. Now that I say it like this, should we not have Rou publicize who he hits so we don't color our cases the following day? Opinions?

On a random note as well, if we don't see Edible die today though, best explanation is either Edible is bulletproof and/or Rou is lying and is most likely a one-shot Vig (Delayed Night or End of Same Day). Definitely lean Edible for a lynch (Edible would be more likely Scum since a Town Doc and Town Bulletproof is not reasonable, than Rou who would either be a one-shot Scum Vig or a fluky SK) in such a case though and we'd not be in LYLO anyways (5 alive for Day 5). So if Edible doesn't die today, Rou shouldn't shoot anyone because if we're incorrect about the Edible lynch tomorrow, we don't automatically lose with 2 deaths and an NK tomorrow (better safe than sorry).

I'm set to vote KGH after we get more opinions in or if KGH can  convince me to vote someone else, then I might do that. I seriously type way too fucking much and I don't even want to look at my own shit when I reread so I don't know how you guys can stand to do it.