Author Topic: Reorganising the Fanfiction on Touhou-Wiki (Split off for convenient planning)  (Read 7788 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
<Sakana> Split that one off into a separate topic so we can plan the steps here and don't have to spam Koakuma's with it. (And it gave me a reason to use 'Split' option foronce  :3  )

Hey, I was wondering: should this be updated?

LIBRARIANS

ASSEMBLE

(Seriously, you three, get in here.)

LIBRARIANS

ASSEMBLE

I FEEL LEFT OUT ;_;

Alfred F. Jones

I FEEL LEFT OUT ;_;

They're the only ones with Librarian positions I can menace and take away if they don't cooperate with this idea I'm coming up with :(

But if you'd like to help, too, then maybe I can use an extra pair of hands~ >:D

What am I supposed to do :B

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Oh oh me too it'll give me something literature-related to do and hopefully get me back into a writing mood so I can FINISH EVERLASTING WANDERERS AAAAAAUGH

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
LIBRARIANS

ASSEMBLE

To bring in some non-Librarian input ...

I was thinking that the page could be divided by genre, with author names in alphabetical order. Anyone looking for a particular author could simply Ctrl+F the page, while someone completely new to Touhou fiction could just start with the genre they like.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

I finished fleshing out my article last night. :3

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Seems like the Librarian-Squad got something to do again, eh?

Alright then.

Alfred F. Jones

Stickying this so I don't lose track of it quite as easily. :V

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Huhwhatwhere?

Docteur Hartmann

• Komeiji Koishi's Father
  • Found a Nice Remote and a Mind Screwing device.
Yeah, about that.
Do I need to write the fanfic on MotK to gain a article on the wiki, or can I add it even if I'm writing it elsewhere?
Bipolar, paranoid, half-crazy, hateful, philanthropic. That's me in a nutshell. And I'm a ddyk. Hahahaha, nobody's gonna get this one.

Alfred F. Jones

Yeah, about that.
Do I need to write the fanfic on MotK to gain a article on the wiki, or can I add it even if I'm writing it elsewhere?
I... guess you could add it to the wiki, but I'm hardly the person in charge there-- you can do what you like, it's not like I give orders that extend past MotK :]  If you post it on MotK, though, the librarians would do it for you, so you should take that into mind.

Docteur Hartmann

• Komeiji Koishi's Father
  • Found a Nice Remote and a Mind Screwing device.
Well anyway, I already have 2 stories to write, so it'll wait.
Anyway (damn, I'm repeating), I began to put thp's stories on the wiki, but it will be loooooooooooooooong.
Bipolar, paranoid, half-crazy, hateful, philanthropic. That's me in a nutshell. And I'm a ddyk. Hahahaha, nobody's gonna get this one.

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
^^;; Wouldn't it be easier for ppl if they could find the stories that contained the characters they want to read about?

I mean with new people that would be first thing interesting for people...

capt. h

• Only sane townie
^^;; Wouldn't it be easier for ppl if they could find the stories that contained the characters they want to read about?

I mean with new people that would be first thing interesting for people...

I think that applies to more than just new people.

I might be new to this site, but I've been a fan for over a year, and I still prefer to go through the fanworks by character rather than by author.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
I still prefer to go through the fanworks by character rather than by author.
Well, we don't have a list organized by author either.  :)

This would leave a chunk of fics out in the cold unfortunately, since there are a number that aren't single character focused.  The summaries usually should give a good idea of what characters focus, if any.

Still extra lists might be nice.  I just imagine the fic summarizing is a time eater.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Alright, Imma kicking this into gear so it can get done and we can burn this sticky.  That way maybe things won't get bumped to 2nd page the same day they get updated as often.

Currently the fiction page looks like this : http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fiction

Currently only links are going up, but there are a few things to be done.  It probably should still be organized by author.  And it probably should be alphabetized.

Also, to my annoyance our list doesn't fully load for me, so we may want to look into that as well, if it's not just my machine.