Author Topic: 東方花映塚 ~ Phantasmagoria of Flower View.  (Read 164831 times)

chum

Re: 東方花映塚 ~ Phantasmagoria of Flower View.
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »
Lunatic - Sakuya
chum - 138,269,300 - C - Replay

Holy shit I hate Sakuya. Youmu is hard to play, too, a work in progress... (quit every attempt so far with her)

Zil

« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
Lunatic - Sakuya
Zil - 155,633,450 - C - Replay

DCRXEDCUTGVLBHKNSDG

chum

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »
Lunatic - Mystia
chum - 165,559,300 - C - Image

Lunatic - Medicine
chum - 105,994,550 - C - Replay

Lunatic - Yuka
chum - 151,973,680 - C - Replay

Lunatic - Komachi
chum - 170,409,080 - C - Replay

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
Thread cleaned. Keep discussion civil and preferrably out of the scoreboard threads please.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Zil

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2013, 09:28:39 PM »
I think his first post, or at least the first half of it, could have stayed, given that he was talking about OBS and linked to some useful guides.

-

Lunatic - Yuuka
Zil - 187,317,460 - C - Replay

Might've been 200mil if I didn't die so much.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:43:04 AM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »
Lunatic - Cirno
chum - 234,954,740 - C - Image

Yuuka did not even last 2 minutes, as usual... Just how unlikely is it for Yuuka to stay alive for well over 2 minutes, let's say 3 minutes? It seems like she's far more fragile against Cirno than I ever could've imagined. I also lost to Aya once. I believe I gained around 50 mil on Reisen, 30 on Aya and 30 on Yuuka. Lost 4 times to Eiki, but I played very aggressively, shooting for Bonus gain. It might even be worth it even if you lose, I really have no clue. At least, I managed to survive each round after the first one as long as one could be expected without winning (always lost at late 2 minutes/early 3 minutes)

Zil

« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »
Normal - Marisa
Zil - 225,220,540 - C - Replay

Eiki was good, Reimu and Komachi just wouldn't get off the ground though. Against Aya I got Lily at 1:30, 2:00, and 3:00. Against Komachi she appeared at 2:00 and 3:00, and Komachi died the instant the second one appeared.

edit: Watched Random's replay. If I wasn't convinced that he was cheater before when suslik pointed out the Eiki run, then I certainly am now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:30:41 PM by Zil »

« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »
edit: Watched Random's replay. If I wasn't convinced that he was cheater before when suslik pointed out the Eiki run, then I certainly am now.

I hope he will at least make an effort to clear his name this time. I have been worrying about whether or not he is a cheater (this concerns me since he participated in the DS speedrunning).
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »
First he'd have to make an effort to show up seeing as he's been gone since Feb.

chum

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »
Normal - Cirno
chum - 224,134,790 - C - Replay

Normal - Komachi
chum - 150,603,950 - C - Replay

e: watching some of Random's Normal Marisa run... doesn't look cheated to me. The movements seem natural enough (for a skilled player) so I refuse to believe any kind of slowdown tools were used here unless the player was actively trying to conceal it by reducing the amount of actions. As for save states, I don't think that sort of thing should be considered unless it is blatantly obvious (which, to me at least, it isn't here)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:29:55 PM by chum »

Zil

« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
Really? How much of it did you watch? It seemed very suspicious to me. Most notable is that he very rarely uses level 2 spells, even when his gauge is full. He opts instead to perform needlessly risky dodges. On top of that there's the fact that you should be using them for scoring anyway, even if you could survive without them.

At times he seems needlessly precise with the scope, stopping directly under spirits from pretty far away and tapping shift for a fraction of a second, as opposed to sweeping sideways to ensure that he doesn't miss. Not a huge indicator, but still, it's there.

He seems to have a very good idea of where fairies and spirits are at the top of the screen, especially considering the dodging he's doing at the bottom. This is particularly true against Komachi and Eiki. A big advantage of Marisa is her laser's ability to sweep the screen without you needing to know what you're shooting at. He rarely uses it, not even to destroy boss attacks.

He never uses a level 1 to go through bullets. Not a sign of cheating by any means, but it suggests a lack of experience.

Various highly skilled dodges throughout, particularly against Eiki. One of the more suspicious ones being what seems to have been a very risky dive to catch a danmaku item (which quite literally does nothing) at the last second.

I see a lack of wall hugging against Eiki, which in general gives you an easy lane up and around the bullets.

Also note that he did not come to the board with pre-existing scores, as you might expect of one who has a long history with the game. And this isn't the first time he's been suspected of cheating.

Most of these's aren't truly sings of cheating on their own, but they are signs that player is not very familiar with (good at) the game. If he's not a cheater, than he is someone who picked up a game of which he has a very limited understanding and brute forced his way through with sheer dodging ability, and all the while displaying an insane degree of confidence, taking completely unnecessary risks.

I'd like to hear as many opinions on this as possible, but as it is I'm quite convinced.

I refuse to believe any kind of slowdown tools were used here unless the player was actively trying to conceal it by reducing the amount of actions.
I think it's safe to say that, if he was cheating at all, he was definitely trying to conceal it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:24:23 PM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »
The problem is if It's concealed too well you can never tell if It's cheated or not. Anyway, I'll watch it again (first round of Shiki is the only thing I watched) slowed down to 30 fps. If there's anything especially suspicious elsewhere you'd like to point towards, I'll watch that too, and maybe we should see some other replays while we're at it.

I definitely agree with the lack of experience, I was dumbfounded by the fact that he hardly ever used the laser, but since his movements looked clean (skillful, but not quite TAS worthy) I figured it was fine. I'll need to pay more attention to some of the things you mentioned which could indicate cheating (knowing/noticing where fairies are gonna appear/are appearing while dodging, unnatural precision with scope) because what I saw was basically a very inexperienced player with a bad sense of priority who was dodging (again, very skillfully and confidently, but it looked human at least) and chaining. I'm simply wary of accusing someone for what can basically be described as "playing well yet poorly at the same time" because it is very possible to be a really skilled dodger who simply doesn't understand the game very well. Yet, it does sound like you've noticed a lot of things that I didn't, so I'll watch it again properly soon because I really dislike this kind of cheating.

I've read that multiple people have been suspicious of this dude for things other than his PoFV replays, by the way.

Quote from: Zil
I'd like to hear as many opinions on this as possible

Seconding this, and I don't care if people aren't the most experienced with this game, any kind of input here would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:41:26 PM by chum »

« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »
I watched the replay from stage 6 to the end.
The main thing bothering me was the dodging, but it might be because I'm not that good at this game. Anyway, the consistency he displays in achieving precise dodging left me quite dumbfounded : lots of unfocused movement even in tight situations, some near-suicidal dives (under Eiki's lanes, for exemple), choosing to dodge heavy barrages instead of hugging a wall or firing a level2, and general lightning-fast reactions (against Aya, among others).
About the scope : I didn't notice anything really wrong at first, but in Eiki's second round it became a bit weird in occasions. I think he once activated a spirit with the very extreme edge of the scope, but it went quite fast so I can't be sure.
Also, I think he did fire a laser at a boss (during Eiki's first) right as it appeared (and I doubt you can do it this fast), but I might have misread what he did.
I won't speak about the faires-positionning thing ; it seemed fine, but I didn't really focus on this point.

Hope this helps.

Zil

« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
Normal - Cirno
Zil - 246,385,060 - C - Replay

Got enough level2's Reisen?
Then I lost a few brain cells.
And got some nice fucking timers.

Lunatic - Eiki
Zil - 410,106,040 - C - Replay

Yes! 400mil on Lunatic! I'd kinda lost hope after losing a life to each of Marisa, Aya, and Komachi, but then Reimu went wonderfully. 500mil is next, but which is the best difficulty, I wonder...

Lunatic - Yuuka
Zil - 218,881,270 - C - Replay

Better.

Lunatic - Mystia
Zil - 219,788,280 - C - Replay

Pretty good. Only glaring problem was the first Medicine round being almost as bad as possible. Better luck there could probably have been at least a 20mil difference.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:50:21 PM by Zil »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2013, 12:57:32 AM »
Update checkpoint.

chum

« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »
Lunatic - Komachi
chum - 185,120,210 - C - Image

One of my most intense runs ever. Stuff I remember about it:
30 millions from stage 1-5.
Marisa went terribly, I lost and I didn't score well, gained 21 millions from her.
Yuuka lost at 2:04... That stupid woman. Can't remember scoring.
Reimu went well, I lost at around 3 minutes, but both round 1 and 2 had great scoring.
Entered stage 9 with 116 mil. Lost 3 times (but I lasted a good while each time, and I was going for BONUS. Maybe this is a mistake) She's the main reason this run was so intense. It's a shame the replay didn't save because from just a dodging perspective this was probably the best Eiki I've ever had.

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2013, 11:47:44 AM »
Extra - Reisen
Lyv - 117.767.390 - C - Replay

Extra is more fun than I thought.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »
Update checkpoint.
Let's fight.

chum

« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »
Lunatic - Cirno
chum - 255,263,180 - C - Image

I know this is one of the more luck based categories, but It's also pretty relaxing and the thought of beating any of Zil's PoFV scores puts a smile on my face. I'll keep trying!

Lunatic - Yuuka
chum - 165,824,970 - C - Replay

I think my play was solid in places. Just need a bit more consistency... "Skill", if you will.

Lunatic - Reisen
chum - 258,368,090 - C - Replay

Yeah! One of my best runs of the game yet. 300m seems very possible...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:39:00 PM by chum »

Zil

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
Lunatic - Cirno
Zil - 304,422,090 - C - Replay

Keep dreaming chum! ^^;

chum

« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2013, 06:10:59 AM »
Lunatic - Cirno
chum - 272,966,280 - C - Image

Lunatic - Komachi
chum - 205,053950 - C - Replay

The Cirno run is nothing, but the Komachi run was glorious. One loss to Marisa (at the last second, I swear...) and one loss to Eiki, crazy/lucky dodges everywhere, only downside is the scoring could've been much better.

Zil

« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »
Lunatic - Komachi
Zil - 235,163,150 - C - Replay

All hail Yuuka, queen of the RNG!

(Your run was so good chum, I'm ashamed to beat it with this. ;_;)

chum

« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »
Dear god how how

(Congrats)

Zil

« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2013, 02:37:59 AM »
Lunatic - Youmu
Zil - 202,897,090 - C - Replay

Deaths everywhere, but good enough for 200 million. I think I channeled jesus in first round Eiki, but then the next ones were of course horrible in comparison.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2013, 12:24:52 AM »
Checkpoint.
Let's fight.

« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2013, 07:57:39 PM »
Lunatic - Reisen
Lyv - 161,053,660 - C - Image

Replay crashed. :<
200M should be possible once I get better at stages 7 to 9.

« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2013, 10:42:56 PM »
yo I'm pretty new around here, got into Touhou cus of the awesome music but always thought I wasn't made for these games. Been watching chum's stream since last year and enjoyed it the most when he was playing PoFV, PoDD and GFW. About 3 months ago  I stopped being a pussy, got myself PoFV and immediately  fell in love. I was sooo bad at the start (couldn't even survive for 1 minute on normal mode) but I had so much fun that I didn't care. Anyway I finally feel confident enough to post some of my scores now.

Easy - Aya
Stativ - 64,007,580 - C - Replay

this replay is more than 2 months old now, I was playing so slow it almost hurts my eyes watching it now >_>

Normal - Aya
Stativ - 82,788,950 - C - Replay

Hard - Aya
Stativ - 89,681,460 - C - Replay

nothing special in those 2 replays just typical Aya runs...

Lunatic - Aya
Stativ - 110,051,370 - C - Replay

God I love Aya, her unfocused speed is still a little bit too fast for me though...

and here, a character which is much less luck-dependent than Aya.

Lunatic - Mystia
Stativ - 159,261,380 - C - Replay

I'm so bad at keeping my combo against Reimu  :( and first 2 Eiki rounds had silly mistakes. Still Mystia is super fun to play with, especially against Eiki <3

at the moment PoFV is the only game I'm playing but I wanna try out PoDD soon and GFW some time later.

Zil

« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »
Lunatic - Aya
Zil - 117,068,300 - C - Replay

Mercifully, this took only one try. I may do some more runs anyway. I can't allow any weak points!

Lunatic - Aya
Zil - 117,208,310 - C - Replay (No-Miss)

lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:43:33 AM by Zil »

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2013, 10:22:50 PM »
Lunatic - Yuka
Noobzor - 103,781,340 - 9 - Replay

Still trying to 1cc. I don't even know how to score in this game :V

Lunatic - Yuka
Noobzor - 115,550,920 - 9 - Replay

I think at this point I could have cleared but I decided instead to ram into a bullet I could've dodged easily (not to mention I had two L2 spells left). Oh well I'll keep trying.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:15:34 PM by Noobzor »
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »
Lunatic - Yuka
Noobzor - 131,297,530 - 9 - Replay

Seriously? I would easily expect Komachi ruining my runs, but Aya? 3 deaths to her, and I didn't even score well >:(
Also, Reimu was mostly luck.
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays