Author Topic: How to upload Touhou videos in HD quality Tutorial  (Read 309270 times)

Re: How to upload Touhou videos in HD quality Tutorial
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »
I have a problem with Fraps, when I try to record Touhou on 30fps (game running on 60fps) it works fine for a few minutes, but then it suddenly slows down to 30fps in game and after a while it goes down to 5fps or so. I also can't fast forward replays when I'm recording with fraps. How do I fix this?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »
Try to record it on 60 fps and convert to 30 later with VirtualDub.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
Got Fraps, but I can't figure out how to get it to record more than 30s continuously. I'm aware I can only do 30 second videos, but how do I get it to keep recirding on a new video as soon as 30 seconds passes?

And there's no sound. That's a little more important. <_<
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:47:58 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Zil

« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »
30 seconds seems like an awfully short time. I thought it recorded 4GB segments, which I'd expect are longer than 30 seconds. Are you perhaps running out of space for bigger files?

e: Actually, it sounds like you have the trial version. I'm not sure how that works then.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:02:49 PM by Zil »

Chuckolator

« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
Indeed. Know of anything free that allows me to clearly record continuously one way or another? <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

Zil

« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »
Hypercam 2 is free now. It hates my guts, but some people get good results with it. Maybe it'll work for you.

Other than that, I used to use the free version of something called Debut. The quality leaves something to be desired, but at least it's free. :V (It also came with a bunch of other goofy stuff.)

Then there's something else called Camstasia Studio or something. I don't know what the hell it's like, but there's probably a free version.

Chuckolator

« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2012, 12:41:34 AM »
Hypercam 2 is free now. It hates my guts, but some people get good results with it. Maybe it'll work for you.
Seems to work alright, but the issue of no sound persists. Do I need something special to be able to do that?

Zil

« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2012, 01:11:04 AM »
I doubt you should need anything fancy. Sound never works when I try to use Hypercam, but it comes out fine with anything else.

Chuckolator

« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2012, 01:14:29 AM »
I never got Fraps to record sound either, I'm assuming you have. Any ideas?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2012, 01:22:32 AM »
Fraps should be able to record via Record Win7 sound (or something similar). If not, below solution?

Hypercam does it a little differently from my view. It might be able to do something similar, but I've had to use my audio cable and plug it into the mic jack on the computer so the sound goes from the output to the input, though you can't hear anything this way unless you have a splitter. Though I can't do this anymore because my mic jacks magically died.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Chuckolator

« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2012, 01:52:37 AM »
A cable just going from green to pink? That's actually pretty smart, but again, I don't have one that can do that. :/

So is there no way to just have it grab whatever's playing automatically then?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »
FRAPS audio recording worked perfectly fine for me in Vista and 7. Haven't played in XP/2k3 though.

Some sound cards and sound modules (eg. some Creative cards and Realtek chips, Edirol SD-90, SC-D70) have an option to record whatever audio is being played at the current time. You will still have to set the audio input accordingly though.

The cable you want is a dual 3.5mm stereo cable (I call them line-in cables). Both ends will be standard headphone 3.5mm plugs - you can easily get them from electronics stores.

Also what about DXTory?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:18:29 AM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Chuckolator

« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2012, 02:53:14 AM »
Looks like my sound card doesn't do that, and too lazy to go out and get a cable. Oh well, at least I tried.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »
Erm, some of the images have gone blank, and a few are quite important for me, like the one underneath:
Click Config. Ignore most of the stuff, set the bitrate option at the top to something like 5000. The bitrate does not enable HD video, it just improves the quality once a standard has been set. I'm setting in to 10000 for lols.
I can't see what the image looks like, so I'm not sure what to expect here.  I've clicked config but can't see anything in the window which mentions 'bitrate', I see something like this:

I've checked the other options, but haven't found anything to change the bitrate thing.

Have I missed something or am I just incredibly silly? :ohdear:   please be kind
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »
[attach=1]
(click to expand pop-up)
click drop-down box and select the highlighted/marked option
then you can set your bitrate

(/note I really like the auto-resize so that I don't have to be picky with cropping)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:19:07 AM by LHCling »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
[attach=1]
(click to expand pop-up)
click drop-down box and select the highlighted/marked option
then you can set your bitrate

(/note I really like the auto-resize so that I don't have to be picky with cropping)
Oh I see, just tried it and it worked!
Thanks alot for helping :)
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Hello again, sorry for the double post (not sure if it's allowed, didn't see anything about it in the rules, please merge my posts if it isn't).

I've been trying to test record gameplay on Touhou 6 with some commentary and found on all of my recordings that the background music completely drowned out my voice.
I can't seem to find anything in the config files or the in-game options to reduce the sound other than turning it off completely (which I would rather not do) and I have my mic as loud as it can be.   Aside from outright shouting, I can't find another solution around this problem.
Is there a method to reduce the volume of the Touhou 6 sounds, or make it so that my voice can actually be heard above it when live recording? (I'd rather not have to record my voice after taking the footage)

Thanks again! And sorry for the troubles  :ohdear:
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Zil

« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »
Theoretically, you could stop recording the sound directly from the game, and instead make the volume loud enough so that your mic picks it up on its own, along with your voice. Not sure what that would do to the quality though.

I think a double post is fine in a thread like this, since it might take ages for anyone to notice the question otherwise. :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »
Open up Volume Mixer by right-clicking the speaker icon and selecting "Open Volume Mixer" from the selection box and you should be able to adjust the volume of your game, assuming that you're using Windows 7 which I think you are from the picture that you put up before.

(picture has been edited [taskbar pasted on top of the selection box] for clarity)
[attach=1]

to be honest i'm not even sure if the speaker icon is there be default, but i assume it is, if not then i guess i'll have to dig around hawhawhaw
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Theoretically, you could stop recording the sound directly from the game, and instead make the volume loud enough so that your mic picks it up on its own, along with your voice. Not sure what that would do to the quality though.

I think a double post is fine in a thread like this, since it might take ages for anyone to notice the question otherwise. :V
Open up Volume Mixer by right-clicking the speaker icon and selecting "Open Volume Mixer" from the selection box and you should be able to adjust the volume of your game, assuming that you're using Windows 7 which I think you are from the picture that you put up before.

(picture has been edited [taskbar pasted on top of the selection box] for clarity)
[attach=1]

to be honest i'm not even sure if the speaker icon is there be default, but i assume it is, if not then i guess i'll have to dig around hawhawhaw
Oh, I see what you both mean, unfortunately I'm not using speakers and I'm recording the sound directly from the computer so as not the disturb my family as much (they can stand the talking, but not ZUN's music, which makes me a bit unhappy).
I guess if there's no way to reduce the game's music volume on the computer I could buy some speakers and do some persuading, thanks for the help yet again.  :)
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
Oh, I see what you both mean, unfortunately I'm not using speakers and I'm recording the sound directly from the computer so as not the disturb my family as much (they can stand the talking, but not ZUN's music, which makes me a bit unhappy).
I guess if there's no way to reduce the game's music volume on the computer I could buy some speakers and do some persuading, thanks for the help yet again.  :)
An alternative is to plug some headphones in and use them as speakers with the volume really loud.

Zil

« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »
Baity's method should work. I just tried it out myself. Don't reduce the speaker volume; you want to reduce the game's volume. If the game is open, you can see it on the list there.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:29:38 PM by Zil »

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »
An alternative is to plug some headphones in and use them as speakers with the volume really loud.
I tried that out, and it was a bit successful, although the sound quality wasn't too good  :blush:
Baity's method should work. I just tried it out myself. Don't reduce the speaker volume; you want to reduce the game's volume. If the game is open, you can see it on the list there.
Oh nice, that works! 
Unfortunately, I've been spending the past few hours going around the house finding a pair of speakers, and managing to get a general consent to play the music out loud, but now that I know of this method...  It'll definitely come in handy I guess  :3
I've been trying to record as well, although whenever I used 50 or 60 FPS on Fraps the game would lag and drop to around 46-53fps.  It seems to play the game at around 59-60fps when I record with 30fps, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to produce a good quality video from that   :wat:
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Zil

« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
I'd record 30fps, personally. Especially if you're going to put it on Youtube or something, since Youtube reduces the framerate to 30 anyway, or so I've heard. In any event, the quality comes out fine.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
I'd record 30fps, personally. Especially if you're going to put it on Youtube or something, since Youtube reduces the framerate to 30 anyway, or so I've heard. In any event, the quality comes out fine.
Oh, thanks, that takes away alot of my worries :)
Nothing much else left to do but to practice live commentating and dodging skills!
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »
Yeah, YouTube does convert stuff to 30FPS, so you might as well do it at 30FPS.

Hell, I've taken to dropping the FPS to 30 with VirtualDub not because of any specific need to but because it makes the file smaller and so takes less time to upload.

Out of personal curiosity, what do people normally do with their audio settings in VirtualDub? I normally have to change it to "Full Processing Mode" rather than "Direct Stream Copy" or whatever the alternative was because the audio comes out all skippy and shitty otherwise. Doesn't make a bit of difference since I've figured out a perfectly functional alternative method, I'm just wondering why that even happens in the first place.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »
I do all my converting within VirtualDub now, so I have to set it to full processing mode. Originally, when I used MeGUI, I left it as direct stream copy and it worked out fine. It was MeGUI that was consistently breaking the audio for unknown reasons. (second try usually fixed it)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »
Thanks for the tips! I'll try this out sometime

Chuckolator

« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36:29 AM »
My friend who records my videos for me is completely blocked at MeGUI.
There are specific instructions in the topic that are no longer accurate because the program has been updated and the interface has changed so I cannot figure out how to do what would've been simple years ago.

(I'm lost) beyond "At the moment, don't bother with much else unless you know what you're doing. Choose "Save as AVI". The rendering process takes a while to finish, so just wait it out."

+ an easy way to update the notorious neroaacenc file that doesn't auto update and causes a shit ton of problems
I'm completely unfamiliar with it, so I can't speak firsthand, but anyone else have an idea of anything to help?

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
Right now, I'm having a really bizzare issue that's only started recently. Whenever I try and encode anything with MeGUI it just hangs at the preprocessing phase and never progresses past it. I've left it going for well over an hour now and still fuck all has happened.

Additional problem is that I uninstalled AviSynth and tried to reinstall it and now I just get an error saying "Cannot write avisynthdll to C:WINDOWS\sytem32. I was told to delete the file straight from the system32 directory but Windows simply doesn't let me.

Something to that effect, I'm basically screwed with using MeGUI if I can't get AVISynth working.

Okay, it reinstalled properly, I just don't understand why. First problem however continues to persist and I've zero clue to go on here.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:44:34 PM by GamingAwesome1 »