Author Topic: Touhou memes discussion  (Read 33396 times)

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
Touhou memes discussion
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:20 AM »
my first topic in the new forum!

Please do not shout touhou memes here all day long but instead disscus them and ask questions about them

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Adun

Re: Touhou memes discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
Like Ichirin Unzan's hitbox?

Gpop

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
This was dead in the previous forum. What makes you think this'll last?

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »
This was dead in the previous forum. What makes you think this'll last?
It wasn't quite dead, it was just restin'!

You know ... I think it's interesting to come up with halfway-realistic explanations for memes (setting aside things like "Alice is tsundere for Marisa"). For instance, the Happy Flame Time doujin "The Moriya, the Yakumo, and the Komeiji" has a scene in which Ran recalls that when Yukari first made her a shikigami, she wasn't used to wearing clothes and had to be taught. Hence, Suppatenko. (Why Yukari was objecting is an exercise best left to the reader ...)

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:08:27 PM »
Then can you come up with a realistic explanation for Koishi's obsession with penises?

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »
She's a sex addict?

Adun

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:24:59 PM »
Then can you come up with a realistic explanation for Koishi's obsession with penises?

Quote from: Touhou Wiki
* Since many aspects of Koishi are references to psychology, there's a running joke that her "Embers of Love" spellcard is a reference to the phallic obsession of Freudian psychology. For those that do not get the hint, look closely at the shape of the bullets. Of course if you think that, maybe Freud was right.

PINGAS

Gpop

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:34:02 PM »

Because I made her obsessed with mine

What Adun said pretty much =/.

Yukkuri

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:36:37 PM »
Is there any Yukkuri of the UFO Charcters yet?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »

Freud. DUH.

Is there any Yukkuri of the UFO Charcters yet?

Yes: http://www8.atwiki.jp/yukkuri/
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 08:00:12 PM »
Even after reading the 'Silent Sinner in Blue' (Which explained alot of character personalities) I still don't understand why Yuka is portraited as a sadist and bully. I remember in the old archives people telling me she simply is one because of something she said in the dialogues in the PC-98 series. But the reason for it?

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 03:50:05 AM »
I don't think Yuka's in SSiB ... I think it's mostly that she's brash and arrogant, likes fighting, and appears in some ways to be mildly sociopathic. Therefore, the dirty-minded have turned this into "obviously she's a sadist!"

Though we're starting to step out of memes and into fanon ...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 04:12:30 AM »
Because I made her obsessed with mine

Good job man!

Yeah I never saw Yuka as a sadist. A lot of the memes i take at face value, most of them are either totally false (and thus jokes) or just stretched out truths that only Aya Shameimaru would print in her paper. To me the pad thing for Sakuya is the best example since it was spawned from ZUN's drawing ability rather than dialogue in the games. Explanation for that? absolutely nothing haha just ZUN's portrayal changed.  However i thing that she just grew is all. If you look at the timeline for Gensokyo  at teh Touhou wikia page a year has passed at least in some games where She appears.

Other than that I'd say she used her Time manipulation to adjust herself however she sees fit from time to time. Wants to look younger or older on the fly. or something. hehe
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Drake

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 04:19:58 AM »
I don't think Yuka's in SSiB ... I think it's mostly that she's brash and arrogant, likes fighting, and appears in some ways to be mildly sociopathic. Therefore, the dirty-minded have turned this into "obviously she's a sadist!"

Though we're starting to step out of memes and into fanon ...
Uh but that's entirely false

I'm not sure where the fanbase got the violent Yuka from, but I'm not complaining.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 04:30:48 AM »
Well, it's canon that she likes fighting, at any rate ... She definitely doesn't like humans.

Drake

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 04:50:51 AM »
I don't even think it's "she likes fighting", more so she likes when there's an equal fight. She's pretty much polite until someone goes first or starts a fight, and she loves irritating them, not necessarily aggressing.

-Human friendship level: Very poor
-if anyone disturbs her, be they youkai or human, she eliminates them no matter what
-She doesn't feel an atom of fear when fighting humans or youkai, and loves rubbing people the wrong way.
-This class of youkai is not interested in the average human, and only pays attention to equally strong youkai or humans with special abilities.
-She gives proper greetings
-The stronger the youkai, the more polite they normally are.
-Luckily, she isn't interested in boring battles, so as long as you don't attack, set up a trap, or set her flower field on fire, you should be fine.

Eh, the controversy to this is probably how it came along anyways.

Easy Mode

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 06:53:32 AM »
I have lost track with all the memes popping up every second. Every time I blink, there's a new one. I am now relying on this topic to keep me well informed. The last meme I can put my finger on is Brofist.

Drake

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 01:57:34 PM »
I think that's the latest. I would count Unzan's hitbox, but that's just a general opinion more than a meme, and is just secluded to this forum, really.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »
I'm not sure where the fanbase got the violent Yuka from, but I'm not complaining.

"Genocide is just another game.
It doesn't matter if it's humans
or Makai residents."

Yuka Kazami, Stage 5 of Mystic Square.

I believe is the main stem of Psycho Yuka.

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 07:56:59 PM »
I've seen a lot of stuff involving Sanae bullying Kogasa lately. My guess is it's partly due to Sanae's new yandere tendencies but why Kogasa in particular?

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 04:04:58 AM »
Because Kogasa is the most moe, and thus the most suitable to be bullied (i.e. will garner the most sympathy).

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »
And how did she actually became so moe.

I read Perfect Memento aswell, and it describes Yuka more like a relaxing calm youkai but if you piss her off she will tear you into 12 pieces and send each piece each month to your home.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 08:52:41 PM »
And how did she actually became so moe.
I guess it's because ZUN's cutin for her is pretty good

Dan-Heron

• Evil Chibi-Dan -doesn't bite-
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:42 PM »
it was Zun who said Yuka got such a mysterious power he didn't even knew what it was other than it was moe, no?
so much evil it's poisonously healthy!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
No I meant Tatara.

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »

moe

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 06:46:47 AM »
I was wondering how Sanae became a "Good Girl". I haven't seen much on that one.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 07:14:35 AM »
Sanae a good girl? I hardly doubt it.

@Sonic, but WHY is she moe. She is freaky.

Gpop

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »
I was wondering how Sanae became a "Good Girl". I haven't seen much on that one.

Happy Flame Time:

Doyora

• this space is avaliable for hire
  • call 0800 TWO-WHO for more information
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »
"Genocide is just another game.
It doesn't matter if it's humans
or Makai residents."

Yuka Kazami, Stage 5 of Mystic Square.

I believe is the main stem of Psycho Yuka.

>stem

>yuka

( ≖‿≖)
when it comes to pirating touhou games, I'm blackbeard